No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: charles] #6926151
07/10/20 04:58 PM
07/10/20 04:58 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
Originally Posted by charles
If 50% of the public gets the vaccination, the other 50% will share 100% of the virus infections.

What makes you think a vaccine will be 100% effective?

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Yes sir] #6926154
07/10/20 05:03 PM
07/10/20 05:03 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Yes sir
herd immunity was the original plan. Now there's rumors that a tiny bit of this might be politically influenced....

Exactly.

Initially it was about flattening the curve so we domt over run hospital beds and have people dying from lack of treatment which IMO is completely understandable. I feel that we have been and continue to be successful in that. I havent heard of any who passed from lack of access. (I feel like I could be wrong in the NYC metro)

Now....they want to conti ue until there's a vaccine crazy

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Larry Baer] #6926165
07/10/20 05:11 PM
07/10/20 05:11 PM
MT
S
snowy Offline
trapper
snowy  Offline
trapper
S

MT
Originally Posted by Larry Baer
It will go away after the election....

Yep! LOL The blue party will make it disappear and the media will stop covering the pandemic once dementia jo gets in.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Co�s] #6926168
07/10/20 05:13 PM
07/10/20 05:13 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Coös
.....TMan anti-mask thread #376.....

Stop inflating the numbers!

I could prove that your numbers are incorrect, but I have a meeting with code name" B.G." to see how to toxify the corona vaccine that we are working with code name "G.S. "to make mandatory for all registered Republicans.

Who is John Galt?
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926179
07/10/20 05:26 PM
07/10/20 05:26 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
[Linked Image]

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926180
07/10/20 05:27 PM
07/10/20 05:27 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
1 - The causes were largely known, sick individuals were fairly easy to self-identify, the majority weren't out unknowingly spreading it, lower incubation periods. If you're sick, stay home - was pretty common.
2 - Depends, see above. If the incubation periods change, if it somehow becomes socially acceptable to visit everyone when they're sick, if there's a large enough outbreak to warrant it.

I submit one back to the OP
Are you willing to be on a death bed and be able to say "I could have done more?". Seems silly to me to be hating on something as simple as a mask. Get angry at the mandate all day long, I'm with you, but the until the unknowns are known, pretty simple - wear the mask.

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Law Dog] #6926195
07/10/20 05:45 PM
07/10/20 05:45 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Law Dog
Originally Posted by Coös
.....TMan anti-mask thread #376.....

Your wife letting you use the computer today? Did you get a gold star for getting your job list done around the house? WTG

Nah I'm on smart phone. And I don't go in the house when my wife isn't home. I can't find anything.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926218
07/10/20 06:16 PM
07/10/20 06:16 PM
NW PA
W
washxc Offline
trapper
washxc  Offline
trapper
W

NW PA
This is what I don't understand. I know some of you have strong feelings about The World Health Organization, but their job is to compile and review all new relevant science and make recommendations on how to keep the world safe. Their recommendation regarding the wearing of cloth masks by the general public is copied and pasted below:

"At the present time, the widespread use of masks everywhere is not supported by high-quality scientific evidence, and there are potential benefits and harms to consider."

Benefits and harms to consider. Except in places like Pennsylvania where our Governor and Secretary of Health have signed laws mandating their use for anyone 2 years of age and older. What if wearing old T-Shirts on your face, constantly touching door handles and credit card machines, and then touching your dirty mask actually contribute to the spread of Covid? Have you ever seen a 5 year old wear a mask? You couldn't keep their hands off their faces if you stood next to them with a fly swatter.

I will do whatever I can to help, if good science (like Randomized Controlled Trials) show real, quality benefits and few harms, I'm all in. But that's not where the science is yet, which leaves me a bit baffled.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: DaYooper14] #6926220
07/10/20 06:21 PM
07/10/20 06:21 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by DaYooper14
1 - The causes were largely known, sick individuals were fairly easy to self-identify, the majority weren't out unknowingly spreading it, lower incubation periods. If you're sick, stay home - was pretty common.
2 - Depends, see above. If the incubation periods change, if it somehow becomes socially acceptable to visit everyone when they're sick, if there's a large enough outbreak to warrant it.

Are you willing to be on a death bed and be able to say "I could have done more?". Seems silly to me to be hating on something as simple as a mask. Get angry at the mandate all day long, I'm with you, but the until the unknowns are known, pretty simple - wear the mask.

Very popular stance with the younger folks. They actually believe there are known's, that will be known lol.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926231
07/10/20 06:28 PM
07/10/20 06:28 PM
WNY
N
Northwing70 Offline
trapper
Northwing70  Offline
trapper
N

WNY
I agree with Swamp Wolf...let me make my own decision about a mask. I was sick this past winter for 1st time in about 10yrs. It was before the covid scare and I owned it. No blaming, no finger pointing, no politics.
However, when liberal "leaders" like in NY say they support protesters and ban large group gatherings except BLM, I am suspect about the whole enchilada.
If you are sick, stay home. Do not put your burden on the rest of us

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926233
07/10/20 06:31 PM
07/10/20 06:31 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Here is my question- when you see both elected officials and the media treating us like mushrooms (keeping us in the dark and feeding us horse (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)) what makes you think they are telling you the truth in regards to total cases, the need for respirators, or even death tolls?

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926236
07/10/20 06:32 PM
07/10/20 06:32 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Oh and I would also add. If your mask and protocols actually work- then why would you have any fear of my bald face and lack of protocols?

I know I know- I am a jerk to bring logic into this knee jerk reactionary topic.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Leftlane] #6926302
07/10/20 07:24 PM
07/10/20 07:24 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Here is my question- when you see both elected officials and the media treating us like mushrooms (keeping us in the dark and feeding us horse (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman)) what makes you think they are telling you the truth in regards to total cases, the need for respirators, or even death tolls?

Might be they don't have all the information some think they do. It is a beurocracy. It is a brand new disease. It's strange to contemplate that we often blame them for being so slow and red tape centric yet in times where it's an easy out, they have all the info and we are sheep. As a hole, good riddance to most of them but fun little ponder. For every expert with an opinion, there's an equal number of the opposite opinion. New. Disease.
I'd take the media out of that question and separate them - junk, the whole lot.

-- It seems all of Greece knows what is the right thing to do, but it is only the Spartans that do anything about it. --
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926312
07/10/20 07:28 PM
07/10/20 07:28 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
We'll only HAVE to wear masks till November, depending on who wins!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: DaYooper14] #6926324
07/10/20 07:39 PM
07/10/20 07:39 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Might be they don't have all the information some think they do. It is a beurocracy. It is a brand new disease. It's strange to contemplate that we often blame them for being so slow and red tape centric yet in times where it's an easy out, they have all the info and we are sheep. As a hole, good riddance to most of them but fun little ponder. For every expert with an opinion, there's an equal number of the opposite opinion. New. Disease.
I'd take the media out of that question and separate them - junk, the whole lot.

I am not saying you are wrong but I do have a question: Do you think we should discount the stories we keep getting from those in the medical field and even now from morticians about one death counting as 2 or 3?

Same with x amount of federal dollars for using a ventilator or putting covid 19 on a toe tag?

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926328
07/10/20 07:40 PM
07/10/20 07:40 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Most of the people I see wearing masks do not look like they have anything to live for anyway.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Diggerman] #6926338
07/10/20 07:48 PM
07/10/20 07:48 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Diggerman
Most of the people I see wearing masks do not look like they have anything to live for anyway.

Dammit mister- now I have Copenhagen on my 'puter screen!

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Kart29] #6926340
07/10/20 07:49 PM
07/10/20 07:49 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Just checked MI Ventilator use data. Covid-19 number on vents across MI is 3% of total vent capacity as of July 9th and daily death count is very low, single digits. Yet, Gretchen is putting on more Executive Orders across the state because case numbers in areas that have had protests are climbing.

Looks like there may be more rioting in Detroit tonight near the twelfth precinct.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Leftlane] #6926346
07/10/20 07:52 PM
07/10/20 07:52 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
Originally Posted by Leftlane

I am not saying you are wrong but I do have a question: Do you think we should discount the stories we keep getting from those in the medical field and even now from morticians about one death counting as 2 or 3?

Same with x amount of federal dollars for using a ventilator or putting covid 19 on a toe tag?

For sure, don't discount them. It's a beaurocracy. There are millions of people. People are fallable. Just painting them as all knowing all the time is where i'm out. Anything that big and cumbersome isn't going to get it right on the first shot, heck even 3rd or 4th. I appluad them for not taking it lightly, as people are dying. In the end, probably not as many as other diseases or nearly as many as those wanker media are "reporting". Imagine if it was taken lightly and it went the other way. They taking it too far? Probably. Is a mask too much to ask? Nope. Too much to mandate? We hate mandates. Aint nobody telling us.

Re: If you wear a mask to protect others... [Re: Catch22] #6926352
07/10/20 07:56 PM
07/10/20 07:56 PM
North Carolina
DaYooper14 Offline
trapper
DaYooper14  Offline
trapper

North Carolina
Originally Posted by Catch22

Very popular stance with the younger folks. They actually believe there are known's, that will be known lol.

Haha. touche. The reverse is also true about them elders. The truth lays somewhere in between.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread