No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Surveyors and land purchase #6928197
07/12/20 07:08 PM
07/12/20 07:08 PM
MT
S
snowy Online content OP
trapper
snowy  Online Content OP
trapper
S

MT
Got a question for you surveyors when surveying a parcel of land for a land purchase. So, when you have the legal description of that parcel then it is given to the person that requested the survey. If that is given to an attorney and he draws up a buy sell is that all there is to it.

Who would take care of the recording at the court house for ownership, taxes etc.??

What am I missing in this processes?

I have always had it done for me when buying and sell land but would like to minimize middleman as much as possible. Real estate companies have done that for me before.

Any help and tips or advise would be welcomed.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Surveyors and land purchase [Re: snowy] #6928206
07/12/20 07:32 PM
07/12/20 07:32 PM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

sometimes PA sometimes ME
Each municipality has their own set of rules. In PA if you are purchasing an entire parcel no survey is need. You just need an attorney to write a deed and you take said deed to the county court house and have it recorded. If you want only part of a tract of land that is considered a subdivision and each municipality has a set of books (subdivision ordnance & zoning ordnance) containing all of the rules you must follow.

Re: Surveyors and land purchase [Re: snowy] #6928237
07/12/20 08:05 PM
07/12/20 08:05 PM
MT
S
snowy Online content OP
trapper
snowy  Online Content OP
trapper
S

MT
Thanks. This is an old ranch site with an old house and 100 year old shop/work area. The 4 acres are naturally split from the quarter section but not sure it it has it's own legal description because it was a homestead not farmed but used as a living area.

How would I find out if it is broke off already from entire parcel.

Give me a fish, I will eat for a day. Teach me to fish, I will eat for a lifetime
Re: Surveyors and land purchase [Re: snowy] #6928302
07/12/20 09:13 PM
07/12/20 09:13 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by snowy
Thanks. This is an old ranch site with an old house and 100 year old shop/work area. The 4 acres are naturally split from the quarter section but not sure it it has it's own legal description because it was a homestead not farmed but used as a living area.

How would I find out if it is broke off already from entire parcel.

County tax assessor maybe ??

Mean As Nails
Re: Surveyors and land purchase [Re: snowy] #6928370
07/12/20 10:02 PM
07/12/20 10:02 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Here, if boundary lines haven't changed, the "meets and bounds" description from the last deed is just used for the new deed. We did a consolidation of 5 or 6 different parcels into one larger parcel. We had a surveyor write the new property description and our attorney submitted the paperwork to the county clerk to have the deed added to the county "deed book". How that is done, I don't now because he handled it for us.

-Ryan
Re: Surveyors and land purchase [Re: snowy] #6928372
07/12/20 10:09 PM
07/12/20 10:09 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Online content
trapper
corky  Online Content
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
Title Companies will handle the whole process here for reasonable fees and it will be done correctly.

Re: Surveyors and land purchase [Re: snowy] #6928384
07/12/20 10:26 PM
07/12/20 10:26 PM
MT
S
snowy Online content OP
trapper
snowy  Online Content OP
trapper
S

MT
Thanks again that gives some places to check with and get a start. I will try do help out the seller and maybe can be done with less cost if it can be without a full blown survey and have an attorney evolved through the whole process.

Since this is a piece of land already divided from an established boundary that cut this 4 acres from entire section it may not be that difficult to do.

There has been a lot of surveying done in the area and all section points have been identified in recent years.

I will see if I can get this deal done as painless as I can. Thanks

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread