No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: AntiGov] #6928708
07/13/20 12:52 PM
07/13/20 12:52 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
When the company he works for puts policies in place so that they can remain open and that anyone who wants to do business there needs to also follow those policies and employees are required by their employer to follow said policies or risk being shut down and losing their job or causing others to lose their jobs then yes he becomes the mask police. Its about having respect for other human beings and not having a complete disregard for anyone else.

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928710
07/13/20 12:53 PM
07/13/20 12:53 PM
Sauk County, WI
Patrice Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "
Patrice  Offline
"TMan Feed Gestapo "

Sauk County, WI
Originally Posted by Lugnut
This morning on my way to work I went through the drive-thru at my favorite McDonald's to get my morning coffee. I order, pay and drive to the second window to pick it up. Some red-headed punk kid server hands it to me and says, "Next time wear a mask."

I ask, "What did you just say" and he repeats himself.

I went all "Karen on him and ask to see the manager...I'm joking! LOL

I took my coffee, told him to "(This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off" and drove away.

In hindsight, I should have gone around again. grin

It is not up to a kid working at a McDonald's franchise to create and impose his own rules for their customers on behalf of his employer. It would have been valuable for his manager to be aware of that encounter, since it might result in his franchise losing a regular customer.

WTA District 9 Director ... Go D9!
Member: WTA, Intertel, Mensa (Trappers ain't stupid.)
Life Member: NRA
Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Patrice] #6928712
07/13/20 12:54 PM
07/13/20 12:54 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington
Yeah cuz telling some kid to f off makes you a good person...and you should be proud of yourself

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928716
07/13/20 12:59 PM
07/13/20 12:59 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
Read this slowly TrappedOut; He was not acting on company policy.

Eh...wot?

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928720
07/13/20 01:04 PM
07/13/20 01:04 PM
Northern Virginia
J
Jarhead620 Offline
trapper
Jarhead620  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Virginia
Originally Posted by Jarhead620
O Wow. Lug's dumb statement makes him a man, LOL

Jarhead

And your constant liberal whining makes you a boot-licking sissy in my book.

I call them as I see them. You are the one that is whinning. Get a grip.

Jarhead

Last edited by Jarhead620; 07/13/20 01:08 PM.

"Just as the deer herd lives in mortal fear of its wolves, so does a mountain live in mortal fear of its deer." Aldo Leopold
Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: TrappedOut] #6928725
07/13/20 01:09 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by TrappedOut
Yeah cuz telling some kid to f off makes you a good person...and you should be proud of yourself

I'm not competing in any popularity contest and I'm not not interested in earning "Good Person Points with dumb-arses like yourself or anybody else.

Pride doesn't fit into this at all. If someone gives me attitude and a bunch of ridiculous crap why would you expect me to be pleasant and understanding? So I can fit your idea of "a good person?" Ain't happening, you run your smart mouth at me your getting it right back. I'll let the good folks like you hug, coddle and explain the error of his ways to kids like him.

Hopefully the wise-arse little punk learned something; don't mouth off to your elders. If not, maybe next time he won't have the safety of a building between himself and whoever he's smarting off to and maybe he gets his arse kicked.

Eh...wot?

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: TrappedOut] #6928726
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
When the company he works for puts policies in place so that they can remain open and that anyone who wants to do business there needs to also follow those policies and employees are required by their employer to follow said policies or risk being shut down and losing their job or causing others to lose their jobs then yes he becomes the mask police. Its about having respect for other human beings and not having a complete disregard for anyone else.

So you helped create and implement McDonald's employee policies regarding covid ?

Report a post club - Non member

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Jarhead620] #6928727
07/13/20 01:11 PM
07/13/20 01:11 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
[quote=Jarhead620]O Wow. Lug's dumb statement makes him a man, LOL

Jarhead

And your constant liberal whining makes you a boot-licking sissy in my book.

I call them as I see them. You are the one that is whinning. Get a grip.

Jarhead

You dug this post up from obscurity just to whine on it. I know facts are hard for you libs to accept, but there it is.

Eh...wot?

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928730
07/13/20 01:15 PM
07/13/20 01:15 PM
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
[Linked Image]

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928731
07/13/20 01:16 PM
07/13/20 01:16 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Amen

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Catch22] #6928745
07/13/20 01:27 PM
07/13/20 01:27 PM
alabama
steeltraps Offline
trapper
steeltraps  Offline
trapper

alabama
I have wore a mask yet Still Corona free = Been all over south alabama and all the way to South Texas twice still good! LOL!

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928746
07/13/20 01:31 PM
07/13/20 01:31 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Putting a mask on occasionally is certainly not worse than all the nonsense rules I have complied with in my life. I know where you guys live the nonsense rules you comply with every day are ten times as bad. Yes, you finally made your stand on a simple mask wearing rule.

Who is John Galt?
Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928756
07/13/20 01:45 PM
07/13/20 01:45 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Why would anyone be bragging about treating someone in customer service like crap for doing their job to ensure they get to remain open and continue to have a job. Dealing with people like the op is the worst kind of customer...its embarrassing to all humans that anyone thinks its ok to treat some one like that and then brag about it. You should do that business a favor and never go back there again.

He wasn't doing his job. Did you read the original post? He was being rude to customers in the drive-thru, telling them to wear masks while inside their vehicles. Even though he was behind Plexiglas and was wearing a mask and gloves and there was zero chance of him catching anything from me or any other customer inside their vehicles.

Apparently there were complaints because he never said anything on subsequent visits. Management probably told him to knock it off.

It's always good to have some facts before you form opinions.

"Apparently" and "probably"

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928757
07/13/20 01:46 PM
07/13/20 01:46 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
It wasn’t a rule Dirt. It was some triggered snowflake kid making up his own rules.

Eh...wot?

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928759
07/13/20 01:48 PM
07/13/20 01:48 PM
Wenatchee, Washington
T
TrappedOut Offline
trapper
TrappedOut  Offline
trapper
T

Wenatchee, Washington

I'm not competing in any popularity contest and I'm not not interested in earning "Good Person Points with dumb-arses like yourself or anybody else.

Pride doesn't fit into this at all. If someone gives me attitude and a bunch of ridiculous crap why would you expect me to be pleasant and understanding? So I can fit your idea of "a good person?" Ain't happening, you run your smart mouth at me your getting it right back. I'll let the good folks like you hug, coddle and explain the error of his ways to kids like him.

Hopefully the wise-arse little punk learned something; don't mouth off to your elders. If not, maybe next time he won't have the safety of a building between himself and whoever he's smarting off to and maybe he gets his arse kicked.

So correct me if im wrong...but you think you have the right to tell him to f off but he doesnt have the right ask you wear a mask next time? And you think you are the better person? Thats some interesting logic that im glad i dont live by...

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #6928764
07/13/20 01:58 PM
07/13/20 01:58 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
[quote=TrappedOut]Why would anyone be bragging about treating someone in customer service like crap for doing their job to ensure they get to remain open and continue to have a job. Dealing with people like the op is the worst kind of customer...its embarrassing to all humans that anyone thinks its ok to treat some one like that and then brag about it. You should do that business a favor and never go back there again.

He wasn't doing his job. Did you read the original post? He was being rude to customers in the drive-thru, telling them to wear masks while inside their vehicles. Even though he was behind Plexiglas and was wearing a mask and gloves and there was zero chance of him catching anything from me or any other customer inside their vehicles.

Apparently there were complaints because he never said anything on subsequent visits. Management probably told him to knock it off.

Weak attempt Crit-R-Dun.

The facts are that I have been through that same McDonald's Drive-Thru a dozen or more times since the kis smarted off to me. The facts are that 90+% of the folks I see in the Drive-Thru line are not wearing mask, including myself. The facts are that the same red-headed punk is still serving. The facts are that he has not said anything about my lack of a mask during all those return trips and, as far as I can tell, is longer smarting off to anyone. He simply hands out the food and that's it.

Given those four facts I have come to the conclusion that he has stopped being an ignorant, rude jerk to customers. In my opinion this is due to his boss receiving complaints about his attitude or him personally being told off repeatedly by irate customers.

What opinion do those four facts lead you to?

Eh...wot?

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928765
07/13/20 01:59 PM
07/13/20 01:59 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Someone tells me to wear a mask while I'm in my car, I'll also tell them where to get off at.

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: TrappedOut] #6928769
07/13/20 02:04 PM
07/13/20 02:04 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
So correct me if im wrong...but you think you have the right to tell him to f off but he doesnt have the right ask you wear a mask next time? And you think you are the better person? Thats some interesting logic that im glad i dont live by...

Your reading comprehension really sucks doesn't it? He didn't "ask" me to "wear a mask next time." He demanded it. That has been very clearly pointed out on multiple posts.

And could you point out here I said "I am the better person?" The answer is no you can't. Because I didn't type that. Remember when I said, "I'm not competing in any popularity contest and I'm not not interested in earning "Good Person Points with dumb-arses like yourself or anybody else?"

You should, you just quoted it.

What was the highest grade you completed in school?

Eh...wot?

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Lugnut] #6928775
07/13/20 02:10 PM
07/13/20 02:10 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
[quote=Lugnut][quote=TrappedOut]Why would anyone be bragging about treating someone in customer service like crap for doing their job to ensure they get to remain open and continue to have a job. Dealing with people like the op is the worst kind of customer...its embarrassing to all humans that anyone thinks its ok to treat some one like that and then brag about it. You should do that business a favor and never go back there again.

Weak attempt Crit-R-Dun.

The facts are that I have been through that same McDonald's Drive-Thru a dozen or more times since the kis smarted off to me. The facts are that 90+% of the folks I see in the Drive-Thru line are not wearing mask, including myself. The facts are that the same red-headed punk is still serving. The facts are that he has not said anything about my lack of a mask during all those return trips and, as far as I can tell, is longer smarting off to anyone. He simply hands out the food and that's it.

Given those four facts I have come to the conclusion that he has stopped being an ignorant, rude jerk to customers. In my opinion this is due to his boss receiving complaints about his attitude or him personally being told off repeatedly by irate customers.

What opinion do those four facts lead you to?
[/quote]

It's every bit as likely that he was following the direction of his supervisor and instructing customers that store policy is that customers are to wear masks. I know for a fact that's a common practice here. It's also just as likely, being a young employee, that he's been sufficiently demoralized by rude customers and is no longer following those directions because he feels he doesn't get compensated enough to take the abuse. In any event I hope your anger at the time didn't result in more then the usual amount of spray from your mouth making contact with his hands, the money and or cards exchanged or the debit machine he's handling.

Re: He Said, "NEXT TIME WEAR A MASK" [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #6928784
07/13/20 02:36 PM
07/13/20 02:36 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline OP
trapper
Lugnut  Offline OP
trapper
L

SEPA
It's every bit as likely that he was following the direction of his supervisor and instructing customers that store policy is that customers are to wear masks. I know for a fact that's a common practice here. It's also just as likely, being a young employee, that he's been sufficiently demoralized by rude customers and is no longer following those directions because he feels he doesn't get compensated enough to take the abuse. In any event I hope your anger at the time didn't result in more then the usual amount of spray from your mouth making contact with his hands, the money and or cards exchanged or the debit machine he's handling.

Another one with really bad reading comprehension skills. Read slowly and pay attention to the capitalized parts (the big letters).

Many stores here require masks to ENTER THE STORE. They have it clearly posted on entry doors. No store/restaurant/gas station requires you wear a mask IN THE PARKING LOT. I was in a Drive-Thru OUTSIDE THE BUILDING.

Had McDoanld's wanted me to wear a mask outside the building I'm certain there would have been a sign, THERE WAS NO SIGN. So you think management just decided to forgo signage and have their least experienced help inform people as they drove through? IS that what you really think? It sure sounds like it.

My anger was more like mild irritation, the same sort of response I have towards you. An no, there was no mouth spray. Even if there would have been, he was BEHIND PLEXIGLASS (missed that part several times didn't you)?

Well critter, that's about as far down as I can dumb it. If you still don't get it there's nothing I can do to help you understand.

Maybe Jarhead and Bobo will make room for you in their safe room and let you in on their group hugging.

Eh...wot?

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread