No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929791
07/14/20 04:37 PM
07/14/20 04:37 PM
NC, Orange Co.
QuietButDeadly Offline
trapper
QuietButDeadly  Offline
trapper

NC, Orange Co.
And anyone with double digit IQ can also see the the skewing of the numbers is always in the direction to make it appear to be worse than it really is. And the media completely ignores the corrected numbers because their agenda is to fan the fear and make it look worse. They publish downright lies with no attempt to make sure what they post is accurate.

Any idiot should question a lab reporting 100% positive test results if they have tested more than one person.

Life Member: NCTA, VTA, NTA, TTFHA, MFTI
Member: FTA NRA NWTF
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929795
07/14/20 04:41 PM
07/14/20 04:41 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: AKAjust] #6929796
07/14/20 04:42 PM
Canada
O
Ouananiche Offline
trapper
Ouananiche  Offline
trapper
O

Canada
Originally Posted by AKAjust
Fact is more dead people than normal means something is out of proportion.
There is a sickness going around.
A thinking person would say "hey I guess this ain't political."
All the news services world wide are reporting covid sicknesses and deaths
More people than normal world wide are dying from some sickness. .
Hmmm

Think, think, think and stop the "Its political" BS.
just

we are over half way through the year with 500 000 - 600 000 deaths globally. Over the first year of H1N1 we had about 152 000 000 deaths, so let's say 80 000 000 at this point in the year. for comparison
And over 1 000 000 000 were infected with H1N1..

Globally covid is 150X less deadly than H1N1 by the numbers.

with H1N1, We never talked about shutdowns and pandemics, and the world went along fine, we forgot about it til covid popped it because it was such a nothing. So, my real question to you is, do you think we should be doing this for any disease that creates this amount of death? Because covid isn't unique in how many people it's killing.

At first we were facing an uncertain and novel virus.Now we have the numbers, protect those that need it and move forward. I have congenital heart defects, and will be needing surgery, i'm 37 and i'm even saying this!

****IMPORTANT TO NOTE****
The shutdown was based on NO science, by definition, this was a novel virus, we had zero info. The reaction, and the quarantine were NOT based on science initially and early. Correct????
ok... So, we set up based on no data. Now we have LOOOOOADS of data, and the solution MAGICALLY turns out to be EXACTLY what they had guessed for quarantine BEFORE the science???

That doesn't make any sense.... We thought it was dangerous, to a level 9. We reacted to a level 9. We now know it's not a 9. You want to keep reacting as a 9?

People aren't saying covid is a hoax they're saying the 9 is a hoax.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: QuietButDeadly] #6929798
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by QuietButDeadly
And anyone with double digit IQ can also see the the skewing of the numbers is always in the direction to make it appear to be worse than it really is. And the media completely ignores the corrected numbers because their agenda is to fan the fear and make it look worse. They publish downright lies with no attempt to make sure what they post is accurate.

Any idiot should question a lab reporting 100% positive test results if they have tested more than one person.

Agreed

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929802
07/14/20 04:47 PM
07/14/20 04:47 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
I’ve got not dog in this Florida fight

But h1n1 did not kill 152 million people as stated.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929806
07/14/20 04:49 PM
07/14/20 04:49 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
i can save you hundreds on your car insurance.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929818
07/14/20 04:59 PM
07/14/20 04:59 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by AKAjust
Fact is more dead people than normal means something is out of proportion.
There is a sickness going around.
A thinking person would say "hey I guess this ain't political."
All the news services world wide are reporting covid sicknesses and deaths
More people than normal world wide are dying from some sickness. .
Hmmm

Think, think, think and stop the "Its political" BS.
just

No, the media hasn't been honest and neither have the governments. That's the frick'in point here! Just as many people, in fact more people have died from various strains of the flu. Yet they ignore that fact. They also didn't start the count over., They do that after flu season, after the peak. They have been fixing the books since day one. Any moron with an IQ in double digits can look that up. There is evidence everywhere. I guess most are too lazy to do any investigation on their own and just believe what they are told. I call them sheepel.

I found you some evidence.

[Linked Image]

Some people are just too lazy to look it up.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929820
07/14/20 05:01 PM
07/14/20 05:01 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
CaptGus, you’re correct on your numbers. It’s some pretty bad math saying H1N1 was150 times deadlier.

Good perspective on the politics of it. I’m amazed by the extreme partisanship in many topics, not just this one.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929832
07/14/20 05:10 PM
07/14/20 05:10 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Dirt

I found you some evidence.

[Linked Image]

Some people are just too lazy to look it up.

And some are to stupid to understand anything other than what the government tells them. I call them sheeple.

Last edited by Finster; 07/14/20 05:10 PM.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929833
07/14/20 05:11 PM
07/14/20 05:11 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

A lot of things amaze me about this one Kory.

If the virus is airborne and anyone deemed to be in anyway vulnerable stays home, limits human contact to a bare minimum, and wears a mask (even in their own car driving alone) then why is it important that any (and every) one else wears a mask?

Do the masks not work? If so- they why would we need a mandate to wear one?

If the virus is easily spread to a surface, then off of the surface, and absorbed by the skin but someone vulnerable / compromised, etc- then why are there no mandates to wear gloves.

There are so many things that defy logic, I really don't think you can raise an eyebrow at anyone who questions the experts that are trying to convince us that these protocols will keep us safe.

By all means, I would love to hear your thoughts on the topics I just brought up, maybe my logic is missing some key bits of information you have but just haven't shared yet.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929836
07/14/20 05:14 PM
07/14/20 05:14 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
I’m not looking to get into the mask thing. We don’t have to wear them, some work places do, a few big businesses mandated them but to me, life appears almost as normal as it did a year ago where I live. My wife (dental) is wearing big time gear compared to prior to covid. As of now, there has been no reason for me to wear one therefore research back and forth on effectiveness. Yes, logic is defied in many ways these days, that it’s very true.
I’m only in this one regarding the bad math on H1N1.

Last edited by rvsask; 07/14/20 05:16 PM.
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929838
07/14/20 05:17 PM
07/14/20 05:17 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Ok, I understand. Between you and me, I'd hate to be the man that has to explain that BS

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929839
07/14/20 05:18 PM
07/14/20 05:18 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Oh, and as far as bad math, let me say this: To look around- bad math appears to be at least part of the current virus scare...

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929845
07/14/20 05:22 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Math is a reason I really have no big stance on the masks. I read Texas has had 275000 cases, we’ve had 900 and in square miles we are basically equal, so clearly there is a much greater mask issue to see and live with where you are. That’s why I’ve put no thought into effectiveness of masks, I’m lucky to see one a week.
Agree, bad math helps nothing.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929846
Pa
A
Art S Offline
trapper
Art S  Offline
trapper
A

Pa
REGARDLESS OF YOUR POLITICAL POSITION, THIS NEEDS SOME ATTENTION.

I just put this together with data I downloaded from the CDC's website. It tracks the covid-19 cases PER DAY, rather than a cumulative number like the media has been giving.

Would y'all like to know why you shouldn't trust the media? All I've heard all weekend - even from Fox News is how positive cases are breaking records. People are speculating about school, sports, etc. and businesses are closing again. Twenty states have started rolling back their reopening plans based off the data the media is reporting.

The blue line on this graph is the number they're not telling you. It's the number of tests that are being performed each day.

The green line is the number of those tests that are actually positive.

The yellow line is the number of new hospitalizations per day (notice some are below zero-that's when more patients with covid check out than in).

The red line is the number of deaths per day.

Why is the media ONLY reporting the number of positive cases? Looking at this, can you see how they're intentionally misleading us?

[Linked Image]

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929848
07/14/20 05:25 PM
Wisconsin
T
The Beav Offline
trapper
The Beav  Offline
trapper
T

Wisconsin
So the reason they are inflating the numbers??

The forum Know It All according to Muskrat
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Art S] #6929849
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Art S

I just put this together with data I downloaded from the CDC's website. It tracks the covid-19 cases PER DAY, rather than a cumulative number like the media has been giving.

Would y'all like to know why you shouldn't trust the media? All I've heard all weekend - even from Fox News is how positive cases are breaking records. People are speculating about school, sports, etc. and businesses are closing again. Twenty states have started rolling back their reopening plans based off the data the media is reporting.

The blue line on this graph is the number they're not telling you. It's the number of tests that are being performed each day.

The yellow line is the number of new hospitalizations per day (notice some are below zero-that's when more patients with covid check out than in).

Why is the media ONLY reporting the number of positive cases? Looking at this, can you see how they're intentionally misleading us?

[Linked Image]

Welcome to the world of sanity. So far, it's not heavily populated here. I'm the President, you can be the Vice President. wink

Last edited by Finster; 07/14/20 05:26 PM.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929852
07/14/20 05:27 PM
07/14/20 05:27 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

@ RVsask
I am glad you and the young fishermen are doing well up there. We all enjoy the pictures of them from one of your outings.

But as far as numbers- Texas is listed with 29 Million citizens and Sask is listed at 1.174 Million. To me, it would be a tough comparison but I do see a trend when we remember how fast this stuff spread on Manhattan Island where people live like sardines in a can in at least some neighborhoods.

Last edited by Leftlane; 07/14/20 05:28 PM.

Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Finster] #6929859
07/14/20 05:35 PM
07/14/20 05:35 PM
Saskatchewan
R
rvsask Offline
trapper
rvsask  Offline
trapper
R

Saskatchewan
Leftlane, density of population is huge and 100% a big factor. Math if based solely on population would have you with 30 times the cases, not almost 300 times. I won’t ssy we’ve done anything better, nor you worse, to slow the spread, I cannot say. What I know, is we’re more spread out by a long shot.

Thanks for the kind comments, we’ve been hammering them fish.

Last edited by rvsask; 07/14/20 05:36 PM.
Re: Inflated Florida Coronavirus Numbers [Re: Art S] #6929884
07/14/20 05:55 PM
07/14/20 05:55 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Art S

[Linked Image]

The government is misleading you. Can't trust government numbers. Only sheeple do that. Ask Finster!

Who is John Galt?
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread