No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932457
07/17/20 08:38 AM
07/17/20 08:38 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Very Sorry Catch

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932506
07/17/20 09:28 AM
07/17/20 09:28 AM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
My condolences catch, prayers sent

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932576
07/17/20 11:03 AM
07/17/20 11:03 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
That was wonderful Chancey. I thank all of you very much for the kind words, it's much appreciated. My left hand isn't working good today so I'm not sure I'll be on much today but wanted to say thanks!

KC, no, not Joe.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932612
07/17/20 11:33 AM
07/17/20 11:33 AM
So. IL
pintail_drake04 Offline
trapper
pintail_drake04  Offline
trapper

So. IL
I'm sorry for your loss.

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Chancey] #6932662
07/17/20 12:43 PM
07/17/20 12:43 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Chancey
Good evening Catch 22,

Breaks my heart when I hear these kinds of things. I am hurting for the loss of your friend.

Several years ago, I lost one of my good running buddies. He walked out in front of a train and laid down in the tracks; had two kids, a good job, and a lot of “friends”.
It is hard to wrap our minds around this kind of stuff. How can someone that seems to have everything, willingly choose to end it?

Here’s my take on it, and I am not saying it is right/correct/or the Truth, but it is how I see things. Take it for what its worth; which is nothing but the way I see things.

I think every single one of us is created perfect at conception in God’s eyes. However; we have one flaw, and that is that we were created with a hole inside of our hearts and spirit that only one thing can fill. No matter how much money we make, how many motor boats we buy, no matter how many coons or coyotes we trap, no matter how many kids we raise and love……, nothing can fill that void EXCEPT a loving relationship with the Creator that made us.

Whether we want to admit it or not; we are both the pawns and the prizes in a cosmic warfare where our souls are at stake. It is a very hard life to live indeed when you have a battle within yourself.
Everyone loved my good friend Albert. He was one of those guys that could make everyone laugh, and everyone wanted him at the party because he was so well loved by his amigos. Albert grew up in white trash, like the rest of us with easy drugs, alcohol, and everything else that comes with that lifestyle. He moved out of it and worked hard and made it own his own. I know for a fact he was saved and believed in Christ. However; sometimes we get pulled both ways…..trying to live by what our heart is telling us, and also trying to live by what our family and the world is telling us. Those demons don’t go away when you lay down at night, no matter what one may have financially or physically.

I pray your friend Rests In Peace. Always Keep the Faith!

“All flesh is grass, And its loveliness is like the flower of the field. The grass withers, the flower fades, Because the breath of the Lord blows upon it; Surely the people are grass. The grass withers, the flower fades, But the Word of our God stands forever.” - Isaiah 40:6.

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you Catch22, I hope I did not offend.
Chancey

Chancey,

Thank you for your post. The grieving process is real to be sure, and we bow our heads and breath deep, when news arrives of another soul who departs us way too soon. Some say, "Well they couldn't cope with their situation." Perhaps so. Others speculate on this ultimate act of hopelessness with their views and opinions.

Catch22, sorry for your loss. Humans trying to explain these questions would seem to be way beyond our pay grade, as answers are not available to us. If we could reach them, I trust that we would gather them up and try to do something righteous with them. But we can't know, and can't possibly reach that far.

Like Chancey, I believe that the end of this life can be a blessed beginning of another eternal life, complete with resurrected body, in the presence of God, who made us in secret;
Scripture reveals to us how God precisely crafts each of us in Psalm 139:15-16 My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth; Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; and in Your book were all written the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them.

And how God provides for all the faithful who suffer - by and through the blood of Christ ;
1 Peter 5:10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

This last text by the Apostle who began the Church in Rome, is wondrous assurance that there is wonder ahead for all eternity, for those who don't find peace here.

Condolences and Blessings,
Mark

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932676
07/17/20 01:10 PM
07/17/20 01:10 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
I've also had to experience that pain and the questions that come with someone else's suicide. When there were no answers I looked to GOD. I battled with my faith,but the the good LORD didn't answer in a way I could comprehend. HE does work in mysterious ways. Maybe he needed an Angel Take care I hope you find the answer your looking for

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932693
07/17/20 01:28 PM
07/17/20 01:28 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
Thanks Turtle, and thanks Mark June. I can't use my left hand today so I'm slow lol. I'm sittin on the porch listening to David Allen Coe and trying to think of how I missed it. He was always positive, always smiling and always helping people. He made the comment once that he didn't consciously build his wealth to help people, he said I sure am glad that I use it for that though.

Not one sign that I can think of that he gave to let us know he was hurting inside. How do ya miss something like that???

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932759
07/17/20 02:32 PM
07/17/20 02:32 PM
Maryland
S
SwampFox Offline
trapper
SwampFox  Offline
trapper
S

Maryland
My condolences and prayers.

God bless, Swampfox

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932868
07/17/20 04:06 PM
07/17/20 04:06 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Catch22
Thanks Turtle, and thanks Mark June. I can't use my left hand today so I'm slow lol. I'm sittin on the porch listening to David Allen Coe and trying to think of how I missed it. He was always positive, always smiling and always helping people. He made the comment once that he didn't consciously build his wealth to help people, he said I sure am glad that I use it for that though.

Not one sign that I can think of that he gave to let us know he was hurting inside. How do ya miss something like that???

Catch22; I won't mention military bases out of respect for privacy, but one of the core trainers on identifying PTSD and suicidal tendencies, had his own 17 year old son take his own life a few weeks prior to graduating near the top of his high school class. Family was well-to-do, had the lake house to boot, and the young man was a star athlete.

What took it's hardest toll on the dad, who found his son with a self-inflicted gun shot, wasn't just that the dad was a trained psychologist at a military base teaching how to recognize problems before they occur, it was also the sad fact that the son had taken the time to empty all the cartridges from all the guns in all the gun safes in their house, prior to shooting himself in the shower. Didn't want to leave a mess (said his note), and didn't want his father, in a moment of grief to shoot himself also.

The dad couldn't fathom what planning that all took and how he missed it. A final note said the son was tired of a world where everyone is always right (he felt he couldn't measure up to that and even if he did, what did it prove anyway? When you're always right).

The lad was one fine young man. We all miss him.

We are a nation of achievers and that's a fine thing. We are a nation of independent thinkers and that's a fine thing. We are a nation of untold opportunities and wealth and that is a fine thing.

All these are blessings, but if we are made for a fellowship that doesn't take place as much as it used to with our Creator, perhaps the void can't be explained, but the stuff all around us that are supposed to make us whole are too shallow and too hard to keep dipping in the well to pull out for some?

For sure, there is no perfect answer, but like all else, we try and answer it, so we can head it off next time perhaps?

Blessings
Mark

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932885
07/17/20 04:24 PM
07/17/20 04:24 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
Thanks Mark June. I've just sat here on my porch all day. We were tight and I didn't see anything. I feel as though I dropped the ball somehow and am going through all memories to see where I went wrong. He truly was such a good ole boy that went out of his way to help people, anyone. Tough nut to crack.

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6932963
07/17/20 05:42 PM
07/17/20 05:42 PM
Oregon
beaverpeeler Offline
trapper
beaverpeeler  Offline
trapper

Oregon
I've never had any suicidal thoughts so it is impossible for me to fathom it in others since it goes against what all animal-kind seek to keep going which is precious "Life".

But I know that the human brain is a complex organ and sometimes the wiring is just a little off. Sad deal, and no doubt for one to end their own life they have had to been dealing with some pretty bad darkness for quite awhile.

I got no answers...

My fear of moving stairs is escalating!
Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: Catch22] #6933029
07/17/20 06:19 PM
07/17/20 06:19 PM
Maine
A
andrews1958 Offline
trapper
andrews1958  Offline
trapper
A

Maine
A very good friend of mine also just committed suicide. He left a beautiful wife and two boys behind. He came to the point where he could not deal with the loss of his business due to the COVID and all of the horrible news that is being reported by the news media. So sad..

Last edited by andrews1958; 07/17/20 06:20 PM.
Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: andrews1958] #6933053
07/17/20 06:38 PM
07/17/20 06:38 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline OP
trapper
Catch22  Offline OP
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by andrews1958
A very good friend of mine also just committed suicide. He left a beautiful wife and two boys behind. He came to the point where he could not deal with the loss of his business due to the COVID and all of the horrible news that is being reported by the news media. So sad..

Sorry man, the land of wonderment sucks!

Re: I just lost a good friend to suicide [Re: andrews1958] #6933071
07/17/20 06:51 PM
07/17/20 06:51 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by andrews1958

Very sorry to hear that , prayers for him and his family.

NRA benefactor member
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread