No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shindler's List #6934150
07/18/20 04:59 PM
07/18/20 04:59 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline OP
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline OP
trapper

Crivitz WI
Just finished it up on Netflix. Never saw it before. Crazy times back then too.

No Jab.
Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934152
07/18/20 05:01 PM
07/18/20 05:01 PM
St. Louis Co, Mo
B
BigBob Offline
trapper
BigBob  Offline
trapper
B

St. Louis Co, Mo
Some of the worst. He risked his and his whole family's lives to the right thing.

Every kid needs a Dog and a Curmudgeon.

Remember Bowe Bergdahl, the traitor.

Beware! Jill Pudlewski, Ron Oates and Keven Begesse are liars and thiefs!
Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934154
07/18/20 05:04 PM
07/18/20 05:04 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
On my bucket list to watch as well.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934225
07/18/20 06:10 PM
07/18/20 06:10 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
Yes a good flick... I saw it when it came out on Big Screen and a couple times on TV.

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Have been trapping 77 years…
Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934230
07/18/20 06:14 PM
07/18/20 06:14 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Don't worry. The anti-Semites will be along shortly to tell you it was either fake or the Jews fault. Dealt with that yesterday.
By the way, pretty awesome movie and there are a lot of interesting facts behind it. 1. Spielberg refused to direct it in color and supposedly said that if they wanted it in color he would quit.

Last edited by Finster; 07/18/20 06:26 PM.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934242
07/18/20 06:23 PM
07/18/20 06:23 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Powerful Movie - show it to my Juniors every year. Amazing story how greedy and power hungry he was then changes to help save so many.
When it came out Steven Spielberg sent every school a copy.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Bear Tracker] #6934254
07/18/20 06:31 PM
07/18/20 06:31 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Bear Tracker
Powerful Movie - show it to my Juniors every year. Amazing story how greedy and power hungry he was then changes to help save so many.

That's awesome. I agree 100%! every school should show that movie and Saving Private Ryan, although the latter is a drama and not based on a historical fact, it depicts what that generation had to deal with. Glad to see there is really a teacher out there that cares.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Bear Tracker] #6934308
07/18/20 07:02 PM
07/18/20 07:02 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years

That is a great thing you are doing. Every little bit of hope is still hope.

How do your students react to the movie. Are they indifferent or does it really sink in what it is about?

Garry-

“Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.”

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934328
07/18/20 07:17 PM
07/18/20 07:17 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Walking through the gate, Arbeit Macht Frei, at Dachau left a lasting mark on my soul.

[Linked Image]
Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934334
07/18/20 07:20 PM
07/18/20 07:20 PM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
The movie is impactful as is but we have incredible discussions as well. The assignment with this segment of WWII era is to create a journal as if you were in someones shoes. I also had a gentlemen, Monty, he lived in Nazi Germany until he was 7 then moved to PA then WI. We were the first school he came in and spoke with about his life. I videoed it and it adds to it as well. He family has copies and is so thankful for it. He never told his family his story and his daughter came with. She cried the entire 90 minutes he spoke. He lived for six months in the Dachau camp after the war they had no where else to live. I love teaching and try to be sure my students all of history as it happened. Not the new stuff. LOL 2 years to retirement, scares me.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Finster] #6934338
07/18/20 07:22 PM
07/18/20 07:22 PM
MN
D
Donnersurvivor Offline
trapper
Donnersurvivor  Offline
trapper
D

MN
Originally Posted by Finster
Don't worry. The anti-Semites will be along shortly to tell you it was either fake or the Jews fault. Dealt with that yesterday.
By the way, pretty awesome movie and there are a lot of interesting facts behind it. 1. Spielberg refused to direct it in color and supposedly said that if they wanted it in color he would quit.

Ya you sure "dealt with that"

It is also obvious who you are referring to as "anti semites", I reject that accusation and the name calling and labeling that you use to distract a conversation due to your insecurities is also something I would like to point out.

One can recognize historical and present wrongs in tandem, one is not mutually exclusive of the other.

As to not derail I will not reply back to this thread.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6934422
07/18/20 08:33 PM
07/18/20 08:33 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Originally Posted by Finster

Ya you sure "dealt with that"

It is also obvious who you are referring to as "anti semites", I reject that accusation and the name calling and labeling that you use to distract a conversation due to your insecurities is also something I would like to point out.

One can recognize historical and present wrongs in tandem, one is not mutually exclusive of the other.

As to not derail I will not reply back to this thread.

Seems you feel a little guilty? I didn't mention any names. In fact, I specifically left them out. It appears you want and need to be the center of attention? Don't worry, many saw your ugliness and read your anti-Semitic rants. I don't think anything else needs to be said. Now, go away. I'm sure there are other Jews that you have yet to persecute. Don't forget your hood.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Bear Tracker] #6934581
07/18/20 10:33 PM
07/18/20 10:33 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
The movie is impactful as is but we have incredible discussions as well. The assignment with this segment of WWII era is to create a journal as if you were in someones shoes. I also had a gentlemen, Monty, he lived in Nazi Germany until he was 7 then moved to PA then WI. We were the first school he came in and spoke with about his life. I videoed it and it adds to it as well. He family has copies and is so thankful for it. He never told his family his story and his daughter came with. She cried the entire 90 minutes he spoke. He lived for six months in the Dachau camp after the war they had no where else to live. I love teaching and try to be sure my students all of history as it happened. Not the new stuff. LOL 2 years to retirement, scares me.

That is interesting...I wouldn't have guessed that someone who made it here would keep his family in the dark, but kinda makes sense if he wanted to protect them. Thank you for your story.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934584
07/18/20 10:35 PM
07/18/20 10:35 PM
Northern Michigan
J
J.Morse Offline
trapper
J.Morse  Offline
trapper
J

Northern Michigan
Saw the movie years ago. My Pappy(Step Father) served in Europe. Once when I was a kid, the teacher gave us a project. We were to make a flag, any flag, out of construction paper. I knew exactly what the Nazi flag looked like, having grown up watching all those WW2 movies.I made that flag. Got an "A" on it. Was proud and took it home. When the Old Man came home from work I showed it to him. He told me he was proud of the grade I'd earned, but to follow him into the back yard. He brought a small can of Zippo type lighter fluid. He had me place that flag on the ground and douse it with lighter fluid. He then had me burn it. I don't remember verbatim what he said, but it was along the lines of that flag represented something very sinister and he didn't want me to have it in our house. Never forgot that. He couldn't stand to be in a hospital when I was a kid either. The disinfectant they used reminded him of the smell of the concentrations camp, or camps, he'd seen soon after they'd been sanitized.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: J.Morse] #6934612
07/18/20 10:59 PM
07/18/20 10:59 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by J.Morse
Saw the movie years ago. My Pappy(Step Father) served in Europe. Once when I was a kid, the teacher gave us a project. We were to make a flag, any flag, out of construction paper. I knew exactly what the Nazi flag looked like, having grown up watching all those WW2 movies.I made that flag. Got an "A" on it. Was proud and took it home. When the Old Man came home from work I showed it to him. He told me he was proud of the grade I'd earned, but to follow him into the back yard. He brought a small can of Zippo type lighter fluid. He had me place that flag on the ground and douse it with lighter fluid. He then had me burn it. I don't remember verbatim what he said, but it was along the lines of that flag represented something very sinister and he didn't want me to have it in our house. Never forgot that. He couldn't stand to be in a hospital when I was a kid either. The disinfectant they used reminded him of the smell of the concentrations camp, or camps, he'd seen soon after they'd been sanitized.

That is absolutely powerful! I would like for my kids to experience a family member that has a story to tell that is similar...unfortunately, they are hard to come by these days.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934619
07/18/20 11:04 PM
07/18/20 11:04 PM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Offline
trapper
Northof50  Offline
trapper
N

Manitoba
Having know several people from those camps and the stories that they told really strikes home. Seeing the trailer and the making is a must see of that film.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Bear Tracker] #6934653
07/18/20 11:36 PM
07/18/20 11:36 PM
Newark, Ohio 83 years
Actor Offline
trapper
Actor  Offline
trapper

Newark, Ohio 83 years
The movie is impactful as is but we have incredible discussions as well. The assignment with this segment of WWII era is to create a journal as if you were in someone's shoes. I also had a gentlemen, Monty, he lived in Nazi Germany until he was 7 then moved to PA then WI. We were the first school he came in and spoke with about his life. I videoed it and it adds to it as well. He family has copies and is so thankful for it. He never told his family his story and his daughter came with. She cried the entire 90 minutes he spoke. He lived for six months in the Dachau camp after the war they had no where else to live. I love teaching and try to be sure my students all of history as it happened. Not the new stuff. LOL 2 years to retirement, scares me.

I want to thank you for you honest effort to teach your students some of our history, it is really needed now days. We had history of sort fashion when I went to school each of the 12 years of school. It was my favorite subject. I have studied it in one form or another ever since. The last 40 + years has been through genealogy and the history of my families and of others I have helped do research. The last of my ancestors came to this country was in 1803. Most all of them suffered some sort of hardships. If it hadn't been for their suffering I wouldn't be here today. I was fortunate in having my 9th Great grandparents being Pilgrims arriving on the Mayflower. Edward and Ann Fuller and their 12 year old son Samuel, my 8th great grandfather. Of the approximately 100 Pilgrims that arrived, more than half of them died the first winter, my grandparents were 2 two of them.

Thank you again for your attention in teaching our history.

Garry-

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934661
07/18/20 11:41 PM
07/18/20 11:41 PM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
I remember watching it in high school, haven’t watched it since but i plan to watch again

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934663
07/18/20 11:44 PM
07/18/20 11:44 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
...and think, they're wanting to push virtual learning this year. I'm here to tell you, it doesn't work, I think that's why it's being pushed so much.

Re: Shindler's List [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6934675
07/18/20 11:52 PM
07/18/20 11:52 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
here is a book you will like.

they could make this into a mini series not sure you could pack it all into a movie.

https://www.amazon.com/Was-God-Vacation-Jack-Geest/dp/0964961520#:~:text=An%20extraordinary%20account%20that%20follows,Marines%20in%20the%20Asian%20campaign.

a customer of mine was a friend of Jack in Rapid city SD

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread