No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Something for the Snake Folks on Tman [Re: cohunt] #6936921
07/21/20 07:38 AM
07/21/20 07:38 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Now I have to keep my nose closer to the shrubs and bushes when I am out with the puppy to see if I can spot one of those little guys. Thanks for posting

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Something for the Snake Folks on Tman [Re: cohunt] #6936947
07/21/20 08:11 AM
07/21/20 08:11 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Yeah, we always called them grass snakes around here to. I suspect cattle or for that matter, buffaloe would be very hard on that and a few other species of snakes. Prolly moreso than UPS and Fedex trucks. Thanks for posting, Cohunt!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Something for the Snake Folks on Tman [Re: cohunt] #6936951
07/21/20 08:19 AM
07/21/20 08:19 AM
ND
M
MJM Online content
trapper
MJM  Online Content
trapper
M

ND
I saw one here about a week ago while picking June Berry's. It was a small one like that also. It was at a friends place. I have seen a few at the house over the years, but not often.

"Not Really, Not Really"
Mark J Monti
"MJM you're a jerk."
Re: Something for the Snake Folks on Tman [Re: cohunt] #6937112
07/21/20 11:31 AM
07/21/20 11:31 AM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Considering the color and where they live, maybe there are more than you realize.

Re: Something for the Snake Folks on Tman [Re: cohunt] #6937123
07/21/20 11:46 AM
07/21/20 11:46 AM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
We have some type of grass snake around here that has been showing up more frequently the last few years. I have seen small ones like in your pic up to maybe 2 feet at the longest. They always seem to be really skinny little fellas compared to other types of snake. I find them to be quite interesting when I come across one. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Something for the Snake Folks on Tman [Re: cohunt] #6937491
07/21/20 06:17 PM
07/21/20 06:17 PM
Mn
N
nightlife Offline
trapper
nightlife  Offline
trapper
N

Mn
Originally Posted by cohunt
Apparently quite a few of you knew them but by the common name of grass snake. I grew up just 8 miles from where I now live and spent most every moment in the outdoors in the later 1940s and all through the 50s, and loved the wild creatures so much that i went to school for many years so i could spend my life working with them, BUT I never saw one of these snakes until just a few years ago. There were surely none on the farm where I lived as a child. On my place here today, we also have another small snake called the Northern Red Bellied snake that I also never saw as a youth. Perhaps the period immediately after WWII with all the newly discovered chemicals was a tough time for living things in ag land.

We have the northern red belly snake here as well but grass snakes and hog nose snakes are few and far between , haven’t seen either in a couple of years, now red belly snakes all you have to do is leave a sheet of plywood or something similar out on the tall grass for a few days and when you pick it up you’ll have several of them under there

Lots of garter snakes as well

�Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.�
― Robert A. Heinlein
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread