No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: You're on your own. [Re: hippie] #6944386
07/27/20 01:10 PM
07/27/20 01:10 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Originally Posted by hippie
Originally Posted by Swamp Wolf
Not sure I agree 100% with how the SC continues to rule on this but I can see a huge mess if they ever rule differently.

The SCOTUS is wrong imo from reading what governments sole purpose is suppose to be in the constitution and Bill of rights.

Yeah....i tend to go along with you on this.

From some constitutional law courses I've had I think the SC is keeping the door from being opened on a multitude of lawsuits related to LE responding to slowly or not in enough time to save a victim.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944405
07/27/20 01:26 PM
07/27/20 01:26 PM
Maine
M
mainer Offline
trapper
mainer  Offline
trapper
M

Maine
As an aside....

Social contract theory was put on the political map in the 17th century with the publication of Thomas Hobbes's treatise Leviathan. The central tenet of Hobbes's theory surrounded the protection of its citizens. The ONLY thing that could nullified the Sovereign's absolute authority, and thus the social contract between the citizens and their Sovereign, was the Sovereign's failure to protect them. Social contract theories that have followed Hobbes, from Locke to Rousseau and to our founding fathers, all recognize the role of sovereign protection of the citizenry as a fundamental tenet of any social contract. Without it there is no contract.

"...in a very few days we succeeded in taking over one hundred beaver, the skins of which were worth ten dollars per pound."
Jim Beckwourth (1856)
Re: You're on your own. [Re: hippie] #6944412
07/27/20 01:34 PM
07/27/20 01:34 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Here's an excerpt from the essay James Madison wrote explaining his words he wrote in the bill of rights a couple years earlier.

"Govt is instituted to protect property of every sort, as well that which lies in the various rights of individuals, as that which the term particularly expresses. This being the end of Gov't, that is a just Gov't which impartially secures to every man whatever his own."

Are those city officials following this?

Madison wrote the bill of rights and a couple years later the quote above, I assume to make sure people understood the role of Gov't.

Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944418
07/27/20 01:48 PM
07/27/20 01:48 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
they wrote Life, Liberty , and the Pursuit of happiness in the final draft.

It was originally Life , Liberty and Property that wording didn't resonate well with some but that is really what they meant I think Madison felt it necessary to clarify that as part of the role of government.

For if property is not respected and secured there can be no industry or agriculture. for if your property is not secure and government is not playing it's role in securing it anyone could take or vandalize your crop. burn you buildings , steal your wares without domestic security it all crumbles.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944454
07/27/20 02:43 PM
07/27/20 02:43 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
By this ignorant reasoning, then the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy and Coast Guard can just lay down their arms and go home also. We all swore an allegence to this country whether in the service or cop or a first responder, to protect and serve as to the constitution. What kind of sissys has the people of this country become. Where am I wrong?

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: You're on your own. [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6944464
07/27/20 02:51 PM
07/27/20 02:51 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer
By this ignorant reasoning, then the Army, Air Force, Marines, and Navy and Coast Guard can just lay down their arms and go home also. We all swore an allegence to this country whether in the service or cop or a first responder, to protect and serve as to the constitution. What kind of sissys has the people of this country become. Where am I wrong?

You are not wrong, at all!!

This is what you end up with when you don't tell the liberals where to put it. Too much pandering in today's world.

Re: You're on your own. [Re: hippie] #6944478
07/27/20 03:04 PM
07/27/20 03:04 PM
Maine
M
mainer Offline
trapper
mainer  Offline
trapper
M

Maine

This is what you end up with when you don't tell the liberals where to put it. Too much pandering in today's world.

X2!

"...in a very few days we succeeded in taking over one hundred beaver, the skins of which were worth ten dollars per pound."
Jim Beckwourth (1856)
Re: You're on your own. [Re: hippie] #6944482
07/27/20 03:10 PM
07/27/20 03:10 PM
Wabash, IN USA
Flipper 56 Offline
trapper
Flipper 56  Offline
trapper

Wabash, IN USA

X3

"Where Can A Man Find Bear Beaver And Other Critters Worth Cash Money When Skinned?"

Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944548
07/27/20 04:36 PM
07/27/20 04:36 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I think we all better be prepared to be on our own

Re: You're on your own. [Re: Yes sir] #6944555
07/27/20 04:43 PM
07/27/20 04:43 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Yes sir

probably time to start training with your family and neighbors at least getting cell phone numbers and communicating so that you have a way to contact them when you see suspicious activity across the street or next door.

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 07/27/20 04:45 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: You're on your own. [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6944597
07/27/20 05:21 PM
07/27/20 05:21 PM
Oregon
H
H2ORat Offline
trapper
H2ORat  Offline
trapper
H

Oregon
Originally Posted by GREENCOUNTYPETE
Originally Posted by Yes sir

probably time to start training with your family and neighbors at least getting cell phone numbers and communicating so that you have a way to contact them when you see suspicious activity across the street or next door.

We already have that in our area -- with the cops average response time at 30 minutes, it is usually the bad guys calling the cops for protection from all the neighbors pursuing them.

Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944630
07/27/20 05:45 PM
07/27/20 05:45 PM
Indiana Co. PA
S
Snapped Trap Offline
trapper
Snapped Trap  Offline
trapper
S

Indiana Co. PA
I don't know if an insurance company will cover riots (looting), just like the example: (in case of war).

Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944705
07/27/20 06:53 PM
07/27/20 06:53 PM
Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
T
turkn8rtrapper Offline
trapper
turkn8rtrapper  Offline
trapper
T

Saucier, Mississippi Harrison ...
The insurance companies are covered by an insurrection clause. The SC determined that police do not protect but they serve. It's kinda like the Post Office moto. I believe most LE do give it there all to protect however. Hard to overcome the size and strength of what is happening with your hands tied behind your back. I hate to say it but if I were LE in one of these cities I would have to seek other employment. I wouldn't blame them a bit. I can only imagine the guilt those officers feel watching and not being able to respond even though it isn't their fault. I'm not talking about the mayors or council or police chiefs that are liberal politicians. I hate it for the folks that have to live in those areas with no way out. I also hate it for them because just like a lot of folks that's their home town that is becoming a war zone. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. I can only hope that the FEDs use every kind of tactic and technology at their disposal to handle these well paid perps. I have to believe that the likes of soros and those like him are funding this. Non of us could survive 2 months of rioting without a paycheck. Heck most of them are probably making more than the rest of us. I guess in their mind it's worth it to take down the U S Government. They believe they are smarter than everyone else that is until they are on the receiving end of what comes next. Keep your powder dry.

"Skin that smokewagon and see what happens"
Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6944733
07/27/20 07:10 PM
07/27/20 07:10 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
My nieces' husband here in Bum**** Nebraska is a Sheriff's Deputy. One of their best Deputies quit last week. The LEO's do their job to a T, but the judicial system has failed bigtime and turns the criminals loose. Nieces' husband is thinking seriously about throwing in the towel. There's no job satisfaction whatsoever.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6945006
07/27/20 11:12 PM
07/27/20 11:12 PM
SW Pa
W
wr otis Offline
trapper
wr otis  Offline
trapper
W

SW Pa
If Trump wins in Nov, it's going to be a bloodbath. Might not be that long really, general populace you would expect is sick of it now.

Thousand protesters a day get shot, don't matter to me one bit. Just that much closer to the end of them. Black white whatever, good riddance.

Re: You're on your own. [Re: wr otis] #6945012
07/27/20 11:19 PM
07/27/20 11:19 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by wr otis
If Trump wins in Nov, it's going to be a bloodbath. Might not be that long really, general populace you would expect is sick of it now.

Thousand protesters a day get shot, don't matter to me one bit. Just that much closer to the end of them. Black white whatever, good riddance.

The Still report has him well over 300 electoral votes as of today......he could beat down biden worse than he did the witch.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: You're on your own. [Re: turkn8rtrapper] #6945014
07/27/20 11:21 PM
07/27/20 11:21 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Originally Posted by turkn8rtrapper
The insurance companies are covered by an insurrection clause. The SC determined that police do not protect but they serve. It's kinda like the Post Office moto. I believe most LE do give it there all to protect however. Hard to overcome the size and strength of what is happening with your hands tied behind your back. I hate to say it but if I were LE in one of these cities I would have to seek other employment. I wouldn't blame them a bit. I can only imagine the guilt those officers feel watching and not being able to respond even though it isn't their fault. I'm not talking about the mayors or council or police chiefs that are liberal politicians. I hate it for the folks that have to live in those areas with no way out. I also hate it for them because just like a lot of folks that's their home town that is becoming a war zone. I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. I can only hope that the FEDs use every kind of tactic and technology at their disposal to handle these well paid perps. I have to believe that the likes of soros and those like him are funding this. Non of us could survive 2 months of rioting without a paycheck. Heck most of them are probably making more than the rest of us. I guess in their mind it's worth it to take down the U S Government. They believe they are smarter than everyone else that is until they are on the receiving end of what comes next. Keep your powder dry.

They think a lot of the rioters are getting the extra ui benefits and that is why the gop is not wanting to extend that program....

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Re: You're on your own. [Re: warrior] #6945020
07/27/20 11:36 PM
07/27/20 11:36 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Here is that Still Report video, skip forward to 2:00 to miss the advertisements.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread