No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
*CLOSED* Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE #6946076
07/29/20 06:48 AM
07/29/20 06:48 AM
Ohio
OhioBoy Offline OP
trapper
OhioBoy  Offline OP
trapper

Ohio

UPDATED 08/05/20.
I closed the go fund me, transferred the money into my account, and cut Garry a check this morning that I am dropping in the mail. That was my first Go Fund Me. It wasn't all that hard. Thank you everyone for your support of Garry in his time of need. Here are the particulars so you know everything is on the up and up. Thanks again.

Best luck to everyone. Stay safe out there.

$590 donated. $569.87 after fees getting deposited. $600 check made out to Garry.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
*thats not really the account number at the bottom of the check I changed it to post the picture.

UPDATED 08/03/20:

We are passing the hat around for Actor / Garry if you would like to contribute it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

I set this page up to try and be helpful. If anyone has ever talked to Garry you know he is a great guy. I've tried to post the updates here. If anyone would like to contribute to the fund to help out a fellow trapper here is the link. I hope to start cutting him checks this week. I'll be covering the various fees involved as much as I can. Hate to see anyone going through this. Every little bit helps. Thank you very much.

GOFUNDME FOR ACTOR ON TRAPPERMAN
https://www.gofundme.com/f/trapperm..._link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

Originally Posted by Actor

UPDATE:

I hope I am able to express what I have gone through and still some cases still going through. I am sure others on here have faced dilemma's similar to this, but I hope not. Twenty years ago I would have treated this situation like I would a mosquito bite, but time seems to have eroded my mental and physical will. Last year started off badly and got worse as the year went by. I lost my last uncle, 2 cousins, 3 friends and my brother. Although I hurt bad throughout the ordeal, I was still able to be strong for the remaining members of the families. But with each loss I could feel losses opening me up to deep depression and with the help of my long time PTSD strangling me I tried pushing on. I still had some perseverance left.

This year I lost another cousin and close confidant and then my sister-in-law. This put me more on edge, because she didn't have a Will. I had talked to her many time after my brother passed away, she need to get a Will, but she never did. As I stated before, I talked to her about the agreement and house. Her last comment a few days before she fell and then died were, that she was thinking of signing the house over to me. That never happen. Her daughters then promised me there was no problem about the house. But then there were other items at my brother house that belonged to me outright, that I had bought. I tried to get these items and several being guns, they couldn't find the key to brother gun safe. Then they couldn't find his ring of keys, which had the key to the garage, where we had stored several dozen decoys, and some traps. One gun was a small single shot, Hamilton, .22 cal rifle, my had bought me for my 8th birthday. Now it will be auctioned off on an online auction.

I talked to social workers, lawyers, a friend that is a judge, about the document that was the agreement with my bother over the house. They all told me the same thing. Once my brother died and the house went and everything in it and the garage, was hers and the agreement with him was no longer valid. The judge said, I could have a dozen agreements with him and none of them would be valid. Basically, with will every thing became property of the state, in the eyes of the Probate Court. It was the same answer with the items in the house, who has possession in this case is the owner.

I have been in some really tight and tough situations before, but this is the only the second time I was really scared. The only things I had were in this house, a life time of memories, both good and bad. I checked on small apartments to rent and the only worst case scenario apartments I would live in were $450, half of my Soc Sec. and I would have to rent a storage locker for the rest of my things would be another $50 or $60. A small house with a garage would be as much as my SS.

I have lived by myself for most all of the last 30 years. Now if I get a cousin or friend that stays with me for more than a couple of days, I become a nervous wreck. The only offer was to move to just outside of Chicago a few miles with my cousin and his wife, where I would have one room. I would loose my mind. I felt like I was standing on a high cliff and the rocks beginning to crumble under me. I got down on my knees and prayed. I felt there wasn't much else I could do. I felt that all of my pride and possessions had been stripped away. I had gone to the bank to see if I could get loan and was turned down. There was nothing I could do. So to escape the anguish, I got really drunk. I mean passing out drunk and waking up about 6 hours later. The worst drunk in at least 45 years. I didn't sleep the rest of the night. As a matter of fact I didn't sleep for 5 nights in a row and I was a zombie.

Sometime through those 6 days, I had emailed the last of my longtime close friends about what I was going through. The next morning after being drunk and dehumanized, I got a call from this friend. He told me there was no way he was going to let me go through this. He asked me if I had any money and told him I had what what I was saving for next years property tax and and a couple of hundred more, stuck back for more work I needed to do on my van (Trapperman Money). I told him I didn't like taking his money, He told me I didn't have any choice. That he would get the money for the house if I would pay the closing costs, and I pay him what ever I could, when I could. This certainly lifted a very large burden from my shoulders. So it looks like I will get to stay in this house until I die.

There is somewhat of a moral to this story... Don't get old... In our society today, an old person, to many people are expendable. Your opinion is worth nothing and so is your experience and knowledge. (Not so much on this site, thank you). Make sure everyone of your parents have a Will, whether they are 55 or 85. In 2009, I got my Will, paid for my funeral, bought my casket, my cemetery plot and head stone marker.

I am still having problems with my depression and PTSD and having trouble sleeping. That is why I am writing this at 4:15 AM. But at least I have some hope and I give Praises to the Good Lord for sending me Angels and that includes the members of Trapperman that have shown concern for my well being. Now I would ask for another miracle, and ask for my back to be healed so I could do a little more trapping this fall, but I don't want to push my luck.

Thank you all again.

Garry-

GOFUNDME FOR ACTOR ON TRAPPERMAN
https://www.gofundme.com/f/trapperm..._link&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by Actor

"This May be my last appearance on here... This is not asking for anything... just the facts.

When I moved from Florida back to Ohio... I did so at the request of my younger brother. It took him 3 years to convince me to do so. He wanted for us to be able hunt, fish and trap together again. In the meantime our mother passed away and he got her house, leaving his older home vacant, but need considerable work. We sign signed an agreement that I had the right to live in the house until I died.

So a year ago Aug he died with cancer and his wife became the owner of the house, I pleaded with her to get a will or to sign a new agreement. She told me she would, but she was thinking about Signing the house over to me, but she needed to talk to her daughters (2) about doing it. Well in March she fell and injured herself and died with in a couple of days. No will ... No Agreement.

Now I have received a letter from the girls attorney that I had 10 days to either decide to buy the house or be evicted. Well most of you know I don't have the money to buy the house, and my credit is not great or even good. The cheapest place in this area to rent is $450 a month, and I am not sure I would care to live in such a place.

So I am boxed in and my future doesn't look good. I haven't fully decided what I am going to do... but options are not good.

Just wanted to thank all of the friends I have made on here, even if I have never met you. I hope you all have a great season this year and every year after. It was good while it lasted."

-Garry

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6945408/sad-news#Post6945408

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6945846/can-we-help-actor#Post6945846

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946091
07/29/20 07:10 AM
07/29/20 07:10 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Thanks

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946093
07/29/20 07:12 AM
07/29/20 07:12 AM
Central NC
T
traprjohn Offline
trapper
traprjohn  Offline
trapper
T

Central NC
good job

www.sevenoakstrappingsupplies.com for trap mods and gear
The 10 Commandments are not suggestions.
Buy a soldiers meal EVERY chance you can.

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946200
07/29/20 09:15 AM
07/29/20 09:15 AM
PA
M
Marathon Offline
trapper
Marathon  Offline
trapper
M

PA
Thanks

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946236
07/29/20 10:03 AM
07/29/20 10:03 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
TTT

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946245
07/29/20 10:14 AM
07/29/20 10:14 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
That's cool Ohioboy, class act!!

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946248
07/29/20 10:17 AM
07/29/20 10:17 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Would buying some of Garry's books help him out?

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946256
07/29/20 10:29 AM
07/29/20 10:29 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
I think he sold the rights to Dakota Line. Don't know if he gets any royalties off it.

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946267
07/29/20 10:34 AM
07/29/20 10:34 AM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Thanks Sniper

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946626
07/29/20 04:46 PM
07/29/20 04:46 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Hey mods, can we sticky this thread?

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: Finster] #6946663
07/29/20 05:25 PM
07/29/20 05:25 PM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by Finster
Hey mods, can we sticky this thread?

X2

TTT

NRA benefactor member
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946668
07/29/20 05:28 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I'm all in for this, but is GoFundMe trustworthy and secure?

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946669
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
For me, I like to cut through all the Red Tape. Just post his home address or an address where he gets his mail and I will drop him a few bucks in the mail. A hole lot simpler for me.

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946671
07/29/20 05:29 PM
07/29/20 05:29 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
At this point do any of us know the status of Gary ?

Report a post club - Non member

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: Getting There] #6946688
07/29/20 05:38 PM
07/29/20 05:38 PM
north Idaho
W
wissmiss Offline
trapper
wissmiss  Offline
trapper
W

north Idaho
Originally Posted by Getting There
For me, I like to cut through all the Red Tape. Just post his home address or an address where he gets his mail and I will drop him a few bucks in the mail. A hole lot simpler for me.

Posting addresses and/or phone numbers is a really bad idea!! Too many antis cruise web sites like this looking for victims. Antis or no different than scammers or pediphiles, they know that the internet is prime hunting territory and provides a lot of identity protection.

Last edited by wissmiss; 07/29/20 06:18 PM. Reason: Delete bad comment. Sorry

www.usedtraps.com

Please check out my updated inventory of Native American books.

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: wissmiss] #6946691
07/29/20 05:40 PM
07/29/20 05:40 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by wissmiss

Posting addresses and/or phone numbers is a really bad idea!! Too many antis cruise web sites like this looking for victims. Antis or no different than scammers or pediphiles, they know that the internet is prime hunting territory and provides a lot of identity protection.

100% correct!

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946693
07/29/20 05:41 PM
07/29/20 05:41 PM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Not to mention it appears he may not have an address TO send anything to right now.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946695
07/29/20 05:42 PM
07/29/20 05:42 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
For those of you on facebook, can you share this gofundme? The more the better.

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: OhioBoy] #6946732
07/29/20 06:05 PM
07/29/20 06:05 PM
Ohio, 55yrs old
Pasadena Offline
trapper
Pasadena  Offline
trapper

Ohio, 55yrs old
Good gravy it’s not that hard to figure out where someone lives. Google makes it pretty easy.

[Linked Image]

Re: x!!! Actor / Garry McLaughlin GO FUND ME PAGE !!!x [Re: wissmiss] #6946748
07/29/20 06:15 PM
07/29/20 06:15 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by wissmiss

I agree with Nancy, but I wish I knew the site was safe and secure.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread