No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946853
07/29/20 07:09 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Catch22, didn;t the Amish just put their sheep out to pasture, Finster, Mi IQ is 50 points less than his, you Idjits

Big Wet Drops and Lots of them are a Sure Sign of Rain!
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946855
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
O'Doyle RULES!!!!

No Jab.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946857
07/29/20 07:10 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Bogmaster
Gary,I seriously doubt that most who want to keep trapping ,are democrats. Seems that most anti trapping agendas,are brought forth by democrats.
Tom

Agreed......I was responding to the donkey/democrat thing.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946858
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
There may—-were some people being called sheep. But I distinctly remember some of those people that were implying to the point of all but accusing the unmasked of intentionally killing others by their selfish actions.
I have refrained from name calling for the most part, with the exception of “hammer mechanic wannabes “ when on this forum due to the way and age I was brought up in. Ya just didn’t sling insults and foul names around people you didn’t know unless you wanted to get your nose mashed. Amongst friends is a different thing as long as no hurt comes from it.

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: woodtick] #6946860
07/29/20 07:11 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by woodtick
Catch22, didn;t the Amish just put their sheep out to pasture, Finster, Mi IQ is 50 points less than his, you Idjits

Yep, but I got me two new guard dogs to keep pcr2 out of the pasture. All good here. grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946861
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
I just realized I can't spell MY

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: woodtick] #6946863
07/29/20 07:12 PM
07/29/20 07:12 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

So, you're saying that you are a goldfish in a bowl?

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Finster] #6946864
07/29/20 07:13 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Finster
Sorry Finster,I was here long before you.Just because I don't post on everything brought up,doesn't mean I am not keeping track of whats going on.
Seems you think if someone disagrees with you,they should leave.Sorry to disappoint you.
Tom

Sorry you can't take a basic debate without being butthurt and whining.

I guess I'm sorry too.....just covering all the bases.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946865
ny
U
upstateNY Online content
trapper
upstateNY  Online Content
trapper
U

ny
Sorry Finster,I was here long before you.Just because I don't post on everything brought up,doesn't mean I am not keeping track of whats going on.
Seems you think if someone disagrees with you,they should leave.Sorry to disappoint you.
Tom

Well,,on that note,,it seems you feel that if someone posts things in here YOU may not like,,,then THEY should change.Sorry to disappoint you. smile

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Gary Benson] #6946866
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Always someone trying to push their views onto everyone else. That's why we have moderators, and they do a very good job.
I hear Leftlane found a woman that likes the same tobaccy that he chews. This could be serious.

I don't think its tobacco Garry and it is worrying for sure. He should learn how to grill steaks then he would not have to run around with little chunks of them in his cheek all day chewing them.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: woodtick] #6946867
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH

Or eejit's lol, but hey, your doing great today little buddy. grin

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946868
07/29/20 07:14 PM
07/29/20 07:14 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
I like it when folks say what they are thinking...sheep have never liked being called sheep.

laugh

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946870
07/29/20 07:15 PM
Ohio
G
Gone Trappin. Offline
trapper
Gone Trappin.  Offline
trapper
G

Ohio
Some of like to learn things with arguing either by doing it or watching it.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Scuba1] #6946871
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Originally Posted by Scuba1
Always someone trying to push their views onto everyone else. That's why we have moderators, and they do a very good job.
I hear Leftlane found a woman that likes the same tobaccy that he chews. This could be serious.

I don't think its tobacco Garry and it is worrying for sure. He should learn how to grill steaks then he would not have to run around with little chunks of them in his cheek all day chewing them.

grin grin

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Catch22] #6946876
07/29/20 07:17 PM
07/29/20 07:17 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
Originally Posted by Catch22

Or eejit's lol, but hey, your doing great today little buddy. grin

Just trying to Boco proud

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946881
07/29/20 07:19 PM
07/29/20 07:19 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
What is Tman political correctness? There is a wide array of of people on here from different nations, different localities, and there is not one size that fits all. I remember Mel Gibson telling of being raised in Australia, and coming from America, the mates would walk up at a party and just punch Mel in the face as that was accepted things in Oz.
There are many parts of this United States and Canada, that if you walk into a place and people are not giving you a hard time, it means they do not like you. Silence is the worst thing you can be met with, and people who are overly polite send a message that you are really in trouble.
Mr. Dobbins has posted that he has unleashed The Executioner, who put people on vacation the other day, because he makes the rules in what is accepted.
Boco's name came up in this thread as did James. I enjoy both of these gentlemen as they are passionate, intelligent and pure parliamentarians who challenge and make people think. As I posted here when many scoffed at Coronavirus, that people were scared. People are scared about many things now, and it is not an accident that a terrifying narrative is designed to key people up. With that fact, Mr Dobbins has provided an excellent venting platform on here, to keep people out of trouble at home. The moderators are setting limits and people will learn how far to test those limits.
If you observe on here, you see a reflection of the original 13 colonies. The firebrands from Massachusetts and Virginia. The vocal ones were from Pennsylvania and New York. Tman has a group of convention friends, there are the Canadians, the Southern contingent, New England and then that bunch from Minnesota with their brethren from Wisconsin, the Kansans and the Texans. As groups, the Minnesotans have allot to say, the Kansans mean what they say and will not back down, and the Texans like to socialize in what they say. Everyone though is stating the same thing in this 2020 era, we know we are in trouble as a people, and the frustration is not knowing what to do, as we have to obey the laws.
In his historical book of the War of 1812, Theodore Roosevelt wrote of the Battle of New Orleans. Assembled there were Creole, Cajun and the Kentuckians.There was only one man of an equal volatile spirit who could make them cohesive, and that was Andrew Jackson. He did not control those Americans, he gained their respect and unleashed them on the best army in the world and they defeated the British. Whether you know it or not, you are probably reading the last generation of Americans, the kind that Patton said Americans love a fight. What is manifesting now is rough play, because by instinct Americans and Canadians know a fight is coming.
I believe Mr. Dobbins is like Omar Bradley in his troops would do anything for him, as he led quietly. This group respects Mr. Dobbins and I believe he understands that people are frustrated from the Canadian fur house problems to being in lockdown. He helps people who need a firm hand to pull them back from the edge. When he posts, everyone stops, everyone reads and everyone listens to him. This parliament is not a congress. It is raw ideas on the back bench and at times Roberts Rules of Order is not around, because it is a debate, not a meeting of minds. In that, it does get quiet around here when people are put into the dungeon, and posts start appearing, asking where the noise makers are.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Scuba1] #6946884
07/29/20 07:20 PM
07/29/20 07:20 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Scuba1

My DIL scolds me about that too.....she's a dental hygienist. I at least like my steak warm in the middle.

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946887
07/29/20 07:23 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
I think the grammar and spelling is necessary. There are resources available to get it right if you are struggling. Many request are made for others to send an email or letter to officials regarding the importance of our craft. Those need to be properly constructed.

-Goofy-
Re: How this forum has changed [Re: star flakes] #6946890
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by star flakes
What is Tman political correctness? There is a wide array of of people on here from different nations, different localities, and there is not one size that fits all. I remember Mel Gibson telling of being raised in Australia, and coming from America, the mates would walk up at a party and just punch Mel in the face as that was accepted things in Oz.
There are many parts of this United States and Canada, that if you walk into a place and people are not giving you a hard time, it means they do not like you. Silence is the worst thing you can be met with, and people who are overly polite send a message that you are really in trouble.
Mr. Dobbins has posted that he has unleashed The Executioner, who put people on vacation the other day, because he makes the rules in what is accepted.
Boco's name came up in this thread as did James. I enjoy both of these gentlemen as they are passionate, intelligent and pure parliamentarians who challenge and make people think. As I posted here when many scoffed at Coronavirus, that people were scared. People are scared about many things now, and it is not an accident that a terrifying narrative is designed to key people up. With that fact, Mr Dobbins has provided an excellent venting platform on here, to keep people out of trouble at home. The moderators are setting limits and people will learn how far to test those limits.
If you observe on here, you see a reflection of the original 13 colonies. The firebrands from Massachusetts and Virginia. The vocal ones were from Pennsylvania and New York. Tman has a group of convention friends, there are the Canadians, the Southern contingent, New England and then that bunch from Minnesota with their brethren from Wisconsin, the Kansans and the Texans. As groups, the Minnesotans have allot to say, the Kansans mean what they say and will not back down, and the Texans like to socialize in what they say. Everyone though is stating the same thing in this 2020 era, we know we are in trouble as a people, and the frustration is not knowing what to do, as we have to obey the laws.
In his historical book of the War of 1812, Theodore Roosevelt wrote of the Battle of New Orleans. Assembled there were Creole, Cajun and the Kentuckians.There was only one man of an equal volatile spirit who could make them cohesive, and that was Andrew Jackson. He did not control those Americans, he gained their respect and unleashed them on the best army in the world and they defeated the British. Whether you know it or not, you are probably reading the last generation of Americans, the kind that Patton said Americans love a fight. What is manifesting now is rough play, because by instinct Americans and Canadians know a fight is coming.
I believe Mr. Dobbins is like Omar Bradley in his troops would do anything for him, as he led quietly. This group respects Mr. Dobbins and I believe he understands that people are frustrated from the Canadian fur house problems to being in lockdown. He helps people who need a firm hand to pull them back from the edge. When he posts, everyone stops, everyone reads and everyone listens to him. This parliament is not a congress. It is raw ideas on the back bench and at times Roberts Rules of Order is not around, because it is a debate, not a meeting of minds. In that, it does get quiet around here when people are put into the dungeon, and posts start appearing, asking where the noise makers are.

Be careful who you callin "gentlemen"........

Re: How this forum has changed [Re: Bogmaster] #6946895
07/29/20 07:25 PM
07/29/20 07:25 PM
Nova Scotia,
woodtick Offline
trapper
woodtick  Offline
trapper

Nova Scotia,
My lord, star flakes, what book did you copy that post from....

Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread