No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947027
07/29/20 08:34 PM
07/29/20 08:34 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
The mask is just an incubator for nasty germs and viruses , nothing more

The Chinese wore masks b4 the Rona and it prevented nothing

The mask is now the go to , the security blanket, the teddy bear .

All other previous precautions are now secondary , if followed at all .

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947036
07/29/20 08:44 PM
07/29/20 08:44 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Hong Kong has been wearing masks the whole time and they're on the third lockdown...

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947039
07/29/20 08:47 PM
07/29/20 08:47 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Iranian women have worn a face mask their whole life
How much did help them?
I wear one when I cut or grind antler or bone

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947042
07/29/20 08:49 PM
07/29/20 08:49 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Donnersurvivor
Why do you really think people are protesting mask? You think its really about their care for "freedom"? The average person works 105 days a year to pay taxes and govt fees, we need permits to purchase and carry guns, if you want to put a new roof on your house you need a permit, build a shed in the yard, best get your permit, take the kids out in a canoe and it better have the govt sticker on it.

No one bothers protesting these egregious infringements of freedom so why mask?

Because there is no consequences from the state for not wearing one. You can hide behind the disability act and you have no fear of being fined, harmed or imprisoned. This is just a chance for "lovers of freedom" to stick it to the man without fear of real consequence. I cant believe how brave these people are "standing up to the govt" knowing there will be zero consequences for them.

The question to me is. Why are people that wear mask so dang worried about me not wearing one?

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Pawnee] #6947108
07/29/20 09:25 PM
07/29/20 09:25 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Pawnee
Why do you really think people are protesting mask? You think its really about their care for "freedom"? The average person works 105 days a year to pay taxes and govt fees, we need permits to purchase and carry guns, if you want to put a new roof on your house you need a permit, build a shed in the yard, best get your permit, take the kids out in a canoe and it better have the govt sticker on it.

Because there is no consequences from the state for not wearing one. You can hide behind the disability act and you have no fear of being fined, harmed or imprisoned. This is just a chance for "lovers of freedom" to stick it to the man without fear of real consequence. I cant believe how brave these people are "standing up to the govt" knowing there will be zero consequences for them.

The question to me is. Why are people that wear mask so dang worried about me not wearing one?

Democrats like to poke their nose into your business.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Pawnee] #6947127
07/29/20 09:38 PM
07/29/20 09:38 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Originally Posted by Pawnee

Because it’s not about you, or me, specifically. The idea is everyone wears one, for the greater good.

I’m sure there’s lots of different reasons people are wearing masks or not wearing them. I disagree it’s a sign of submission or fear anymore than not wearing one is a sign of fear of being seen as submissive or getting put down by your buds. I wear one because if it helps, it’s worth it to me. Who cares what the govt is saying or not saying. It’s the right thing to do.

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947134
07/29/20 09:40 PM
07/29/20 09:40 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
[Linked Image]

I wore this into bass pro in Olathe a few days ago . Some of the customers looked at me funny. Some were plumb nervous. Manager came out and asked me about it. I told him it was my mask protest. He laughed and said he didnt blame me one bit. It was fun to tell the truth. Only maqsk I have worn and the only place I have worn it however.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947138
07/29/20 09:44 PM
07/29/20 09:44 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
I’ll add, I’ve yet to see a good reason for not wearing one (barring Preexisting health complications), reasons on here are simply why you think it’s stupid. That’s not compelling for those with a functioning sense of civic responsibility.

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: danny clifton] #6947146
07/29/20 09:48 PM
07/29/20 09:48 PM
higginsville, mo
H
headache73 Offline
trapper
headache73  Offline
trapper
H

higginsville, mo
Originally Posted by danny clifton
[Linked Image]

I wore this into bass pro in Olathe a few days ago . Some of the customers looked at me funny. Some were plumb nervous. Manager came out and asked me about it. I told him it was my mask protest. He laughed and said he didnt blame me one bit. It was fun to tell the truth. Only maqsk I have worn and the only place I have worn it however.

Was that mask new, or did ya wash it first?

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947151
07/29/20 09:50 PM
07/29/20 09:50 PM
Southern Wisconsin
H
Howell Bros Offline
trapper
Howell Bros  Offline
trapper
H

Southern Wisconsin
I don’t wear a mask because I don’t want to wear a mask. If you are scared to go out in public because of this extremely contagious virus, stay home. Why is that so hard for everyone to understand? Maybe have someone less likely to catch the virus grab your groceries. Since when is it my responsibility to be sure that everyone else is ok? I have enough to worry about. Maybe we should start asking random people on the street if they took their medication too. Since I’m so worried about their health I should probably take their blood sugar and check their pulse too.

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947156
07/29/20 09:52 PM
07/29/20 09:52 PM
Bonner County, Idaho
Wild_Idaho Offline
trapper
Wild_Idaho  Offline
trapper

Bonner County, Idaho
I don't need a permit to carry a gun, nor a permit to purchase one. Just need to have a clean background check. I refuse to wear a mask because they are Liberal Compliance Muzzles and the left insists on wearing them to protect against a virus that the Deep State intentionally released after Obama donated $3.9 million to the Wuhan Lab of Virology. Now the city of Wuhan is mysteriously flooded and the lab destroyed and any evidence of an intentional release covered up. Masks that are not N-95 masks have not been proven to do anything. I see people touching their masks all the time, adjusting them with hands that they literally just grabbed a public door knob with. Any germs are then in their immediate face area. The virus can be absorbed through your eyeballs, so are we going to wear goggles too? The whole mask thing is absolutely ridiculous. So no, I will NOT wear a mask. I will not give the Left and the Deep State what they want.

Real name Eric
The sharpest hammer in the box of crayons.

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Slick Pan] #6947161
07/29/20 09:56 PM
07/29/20 09:56 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Slick Pan
I know this has been hashed and rehashed(by the way I like hash with poached eggs on top so there)but can you help me please with these questions? I just heard the masked woman on TV.We have heard all this mask stuff and seen these mandates, some have been in place for weeks and even months.Where is the success?Cases are rising more rapidly than ever.So now the masked woman claims its all the young people's fault and says nothing about the mask.So here's my ? Should we gather up all the young people and execute them to stop the pandemic?

There are 14 States that mandated mask wearing in April and May. Almost all of them are now barely infected. The worse is doing a 5 -6 percent infection rate. The places that are going up were no- mask mandate. Most of the mask mandate States have become less infected.

Most of Europe is another example.

Just keep infecting each other so things won't open up. Ain't nothing money printing can't cure.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947165
07/29/20 09:57 PM
07/29/20 09:57 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Coos, then you ought to wear one. Wear one in the shower, wear one to bed, wear the thing wherever you like. Just quit telling me I need to believe there is a killer virus out there that homeless people are immune too and it is reasonable that healthcare workers all over the country were out of a job during a horrible pandemic. That it is perfectly reasonable that hospitals were empty and the statistics were all falsified.

You drink as much kool aid as you can swallow but don't expect me to play your silly mask games.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947170
07/29/20 09:58 PM
07/29/20 09:58 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Dirt the numbers are falsified. We dont have any idea whether chinese flu cases are going up down or sideways

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947175
07/29/20 10:01 PM
07/29/20 10:01 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
I agree wild ID , I seen a turkey legger the other day adjust her mask then try on a pair of reading glass , then put them back on the rack .

And what about all the money exchanged by millions every minute of every day . It's all gotta be Rona laced

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: danny clifton] #6947177
07/29/20 10:02 PM
07/29/20 10:02 PM
Ne pa
J
Jerry Jr. Offline
trapper
Jerry Jr.  Offline
trapper
J

Ne pa
Dirt the numbers are falsified. We dont have any idea whether chinese flu cases are going up down or sideways

Doesn't the common cold give a positive for the kung fu flu?

Time is more precious than gold if you know how to spend it
.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer.~My Dad
NRA LIFE MEMBER, Endowment Member
Re: Why people protest mask [Re: danny clifton] #6947180
07/29/20 10:03 PM
07/29/20 10:03 PM
MI
C
Co�s Offline
trapper
Co�s  Offline
trapper
C

MI
Coos, then you ought to wear one. Wear one in the shower, wear one to bed, wear the thing wherever you like. Just quit telling me I need to believe there is a killer virus out there that homeless people are immune too and it is reasonable that healthcare workers all over the country were out of a job during a horrible pandemic. That it is perfectly reasonable that hospitals were empty and the statistics were all falsified.

You drink as much kool aid as you can swallow but don't expect me to play your silly mask games.

You’re drinking the kool aid same as me man. It’s just a different flavor.

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Jerry Jr.] #6947183
07/29/20 10:05 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

Depends on the monetary goals of the testing site

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Jerry Jr.] #6947184
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
Originally Posted by Jerry Jr.

I believe it gives similar antibody positive results, but not the regular test.

Re: Why people protest mask [Re: Donnersurvivor] #6947189
07/29/20 10:12 PM
07/29/20 10:12 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Hey man, do it for the children, man.