No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6949680
07/31/20 08:49 PM
07/31/20 08:49 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
If the masks and face shields work then why did so many health care workers get sick while wearing them? Medical studies in the US and other countries have shown that Covid can aerosolize that means it moves on air currents freely and lands on everything.

How long until we are back to it being transferable from surfaces? Seems like we are just going in circles.

The object was to not swamp hospitals that hasn't happened, it was never possible to stop transmission.

So, if it is following a pattern the northern half of the country should expect to be hit around December, since cold weather will force many indoors as the hot weathers is doing now in the south. JMO

Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: SNIPERBBB] #6949697
07/31/20 08:55 PM
07/31/20 08:55 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by SNIPERB🦝
Originally Posted by Matt28
Why do they need blood for corona virus?

Red cross is always short on blood donations. Because of the virus fears, collection efforts have been hurt greatly. The people that have jobs or were essential worked didn't have time to donate blood and the people staying home didn't want to get out of the house.

Thanks. I was thinking that they needed the blood for the virus for some reason.

Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6949816
07/31/20 09:35 PM
07/31/20 09:35 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Also, most blood drives take place at schools and churches, both have been essentially closed since march in many areas.

Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Duckie1] #6949825
07/31/20 09:39 PM
07/31/20 09:39 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Duckie1

How long until we are back to it being transferable from surfaces? Seems like we are just going in circles.

The object was to not swamp hospitals that hasn't happened, it was never possible to stop transmission.

So, if it is following a pattern the northern half of the country should expect to be hit around December, since cold weather will force many indoors as the hot weathers is doing now in the south. JMO

This^^^

...is whats gonna happen.....

Its not possible to stop transmission ^^^^^

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6949845
07/31/20 09:45 PM
07/31/20 09:45 PM
Lakeland,Minnesota
B
Bogmaster Online content OP
trapper
Bogmaster  Online Content OP
trapper
B

Lakeland,Minnesota
c atch 22 I haven't commented or even read all the responces------my reason my wifes health.At the moment ,the most pressing issue is her eye sight. the cataract on her right eye needs to be removed,her vision in that eye is very poor.The vision in her left eye has been compromised by the movement of the lens ,from the cataract surgery she had on that eye,5 years ago.The slippage of the lens has allowed a cloudiness condition to take place behind the lens.Stitches must be placed to keep the lens from slipping further,where it could actually move so far that the surgeon would have to search for it.He will then use a laser to remove the cloudiness,then the lens situation will be dealt with. After that eye has recovered ,the cataract will be removed from the other eye. I attend all of her doctors visits ,so between the two of us,we can get a better handle for what is going on. My wife is a voracious reader,right now she is having a real hard time not being able to do that at the level she was used to.
If that were her only health issue,life would be much easier,but it isn't.
I have to work on thimgs for the kids forum this evening. So it may be tomorrow before I respond to any hammering on here.
As I have said before,my wifes health is the main reason I have become so concerned with wearing a mask ,if it helps in any way from her contracting the virus I will do it. There is no way she would survive if she contracted it.
And after almost 46 years of putting up with me and my trapping addiction,she deserves everything I can do for her.
Tom

If my feet aren't wet,I must not be trapping.
Tom Olson
MTA life member#100,also WTA life member
Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6949857
07/31/20 09:48 PM
07/31/20 09:48 PM
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

Originally Posted by Bogmaster
c atch 22 I haven't commented or even read all the responces------my reason my wifes health.At the moment ,the most pressing issue is her eye sight. the cataract on her right eye needs to be removed,her vision in that eye is very poor.The vision in her left eye has been compromised by the movement of the lens ,from the cataract surgery she had on that eye,5 years ago.The slippage of the lens has allowed a cloudiness condition to take place behind the lens.Stitches must be placed to keep the lens from slipping further,where it could actually move so far that the surgeon would have to search for it.He will then use a laser to remove the cloudiness,then the lens situation will be dealt with. After that eye has recovered ,the cataract will be removed from the other eye. I attend all of her doctors visits ,so between the two of us,we can get a better handle for what is going on. My wife is a voracious reader,right now she is having a real hard time not being able to do that at the level she was used to.
I have to work on thimgs for the kids forum this evening. So it may be tomorrow before I respond to any hammering on here.
As I have said before,my wifes health is the main reason I have become so concerned with wearing a mask ,if it helps in any way from her contracting the virus I will do it. There is no way she would survive if she contracted it.
And after almost 46 years of putting up with me and my trapping addiction,she deserves everything I can do for her.
Tom

Stay safe Bogmaster. I would try everything i thought would help in your situation. Hope your wife gets better.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6949945
07/31/20 10:20 PM
07/31/20 10:20 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
Pete, wearing a mask while driving????? The thought has never crossed my mind,and why would it.
I do have glasses,so eyes are already protected.
Tom

How do you figure? If you breath in the virus particles, the glasses ensure they go right up your mask and into your eyes.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6949989
07/31/20 10:41 PM
07/31/20 10:41 PM
OH
Catch22 Offline
trapper
Catch22  Offline
trapper

OH
Tom

Fellers like you Tom, really P me off. You wanna post and go blah blah blah and that's cool, but then. If your Ladies health is compromised then stop posting and focus on her as you should. Take care of your Lady, this is your thread, your the OP. I can not stand how you think but respect that you have to do what ya gotta do and I'm sure it's mutual. So, put her first and we can scratch each others eyeballs out later. I will pray y'all come out ok.

I wonder if tap dancers walk into a room, look at the floor, and think, I'd tap that. I wonder about things.....
Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6950024
07/31/20 10:52 PM
07/31/20 10:52 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
... there’s something very wrong with you catch

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Catch22] #6950039
07/31/20 10:58 PM
07/31/20 10:58 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Offline
"Wilbur"
Savell  Offline
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas

Originally Posted by Catch22
Tom

Fellers like you Tom, really P me off. You wanna post and go blah blah blah and that's cool, but then. If your Ladies health is compromised then stop posting and focus on her as you should. Take care of your Lady, this is your thread, your the OP. I can not stand how you think but respect that you have to do what ya gotta do and I'm sure it's mutual. So, put her first and we can scratch each others eyeballs out later. I will pray y'all come out ok.

...... and sleepy face next to catch22’s name ... very convenient

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Bogmaster] #6950104
07/31/20 11:55 PM
07/31/20 11:55 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Bogmaster Tom, I understand just how you feel.

I am exactly the same way for my V. N. veteran , and do anything to keep health and vigor my primary concern. I have a soft place in my heart for all veterans , and those generations , regardless.

All my best to you and yours . Needed doc appointments still need to carry on in progress , and they can .

Re: Surgeon general says------ [Re: Sharon] #6950375
08/01/20 10:32 AM
08/01/20 10:32 AM
East-Central Wisconsin
B
bblwi Offline
trapper
bblwi  Offline
trapper
B

East-Central Wisconsin
I am fortunate to live within 30 miles of a Blood Center of WI or now Versiti blood center. I give a triple unit of platelets monthly now. For several years while working full time I gave a triple twice per month. Yes many drives are from during the day at the designated sites. but the center has flexible hours that allow donations if you plan your donations. I had open heart surgery to replace a defective aortic valve but the surgeon was able to get me able to give again as the material used was a piece of bovine pericardium. If you want to give blood you can find a way that works for you. I started giving when I was 19 and have for the last 54 years when I could. With three surgeries I had about 2 years when I could not give out of those years, and yes when I give I am required to wear a mask so that may be a detraction for some.

Bryce

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread