No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: yotetrapper30] #6952037
08/02/20 09:09 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Catch's posts have been very erratic lately. It seemed like he was just posting dead drunk or something. I used to like him ok but the way he's been acting here lately..... I don't know, maybe all his attention seeking is a cry for help or something.

Jeff's in a lot of physical pain and has some pretty hard days. He's a good guy. Pain is hard for people to deal with. It prevents Jeff from doing a lot of things he enjoys doing.

Keith

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952038
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Catch is gone again?

Who is Jeff?

I’m terrible with names...

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: walleyed] #6952042
08/02/20 09:14 PM
08/02/20 09:14 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by walleyed
Originally Posted by KeithC
We lost Catch22, Jeff, for 6 months. Maybe we can get a little clemency for Jeff, like we got Boco.

Keith

What was his crime ?

w

Arschloch

Who is John Galt?
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Leftlane] #6952045
08/02/20 09:18 PM
08/02/20 09:18 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by Leftlane
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Geez, wonder what happened to catch, he'd been playing well in the sandbox I thought after his recent mishap.

Not that I cant take it but he was being a complete douche on my office view post. Evidently he does not hold his liquor all that well and maybe he can get what ever help he needs now

I was disappointed in his behavior in that thread. He can't seem to let some things go.

Levi
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952047
08/02/20 09:19 PM
08/02/20 09:19 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Did it get axed? Or can we all see it?

Never mind

Last edited by DelawareRob; 08/02/20 09:21 PM.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: DelawareRob] #6952052
08/02/20 09:28 PM
08/02/20 09:28 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Did it get axed? Or can we all see it?

He was trying to provoke Left Lane then railed on bogmaster. Days after taking a holiday.

Levi
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: KeithC] #6952056
08/02/20 09:31 PM
08/02/20 09:31 PM
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

MB
We lost Catch22, Jeff, for 6 months. He screwed up and is sorry about it. I talked to him twice in the last couple of days. Jeff has a lot of issues with pain and it makes him a little cantakerous at times. He worked really hard when he was younger and it left his body really beaten up. Some botched surgeries didn't help him. Maybe we can get a little clemency for Jeff, like we got Boco.

Keith

I think Boco got a little break cause he actually has a lot to offer to Tman and the trapping community. Catch....maybe not so much!
Catch has driven me crazy on some things he’s said, but I’ve grown to kinda smile a bit at some. He does act like a kid ALOT! And he has been warned a fair bit lately.

Boco, does pretty good considering people continue making posts about him and trying to push him over the edge.

Cold as ice!
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Jurassic Park] #6952061
08/02/20 09:38 PM
08/02/20 09:38 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by amspoker

He was trying to provoke Left Lane then railed on bogmaster. Days after taking a holiday.

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park

Catch has driven me crazy on some things he’s said, but I’ve grown to kinda smile a bit at some. He does act like a kid ALOT! And he has been warned a fair bit lately.

100%

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952065
08/02/20 09:40 PM
08/02/20 09:40 PM
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

A couple weeks ago he took after one of Savells posts. Savell can take it but it irritated the crap out of me and I gave it back to him a little.

Boss got on here and basically read him the riot act in a very respectable and restrained manner. I figured that would be the end of it but nope. He just could NOT keep it civil and respectful

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Jurassic Park] #6952104
08/02/20 10:14 PM
08/02/20 10:14 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
We lost Catch22, Jeff, for 6 months. He screwed up and is sorry about it. I talked to him twice in the last couple of days. Jeff has a lot of issues with pain and it makes him a little cantakerous at times. He worked really hard when he was younger and it left his body really beaten up. Some botched surgeries didn't help him. Maybe we can get a little clemency for Jeff, like we got Boco.

Keith

I think Boco got a little break cause he actually has a lot to offer to Tman and the trapping community. Catch....maybe not so much!

Boco, does pretty good considering people continue making posts about him and trying to push him over the edge.

Catch22 does have some good posts. Here's one from Friday, the same day he get in trouble.

https://trapperman.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/6951034/1

When I talked to him yesterday, he was in so much pain, especially from his hips, from walking around taking the pictures he posted, he was confined to a chair all day.

Being in pain doesn't excuse his misbehavior, but it does explain it. Trapperman is big part of Jeff's life and when he's hurting and alone like he is, he needs some social contact. Maybe his punishment could be lightened somewhat?

Keith

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952110
08/02/20 10:18 PM
08/02/20 10:18 PM
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

I can see the argument either way but the older kids always used to say "dont do the crime if you cant do the time."

There are so many ways to razz another man on here but do it respectfully. Look at the way both the 'grumpy old men crowd' and the 'almost to puberty crowd' treat me for example.

I wont name any Scuba1's, PCR2's, Cottons, Chas's, or My Sides LOL
whistle

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952145
08/02/20 10:34 PM
08/02/20 10:34 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
KeithC good post about Catch. I thought he was a bit short lately and wondered what was up. I’ve enjoyed his sence of humor over the years. Like many on here I’d like to sit around a fire with him for a evening. Thanks

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Leftlane] #6952151
08/02/20 10:37 PM
08/02/20 10:37 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
Geez, wonder what happened to catch, he'd been playing well in the sandbox I thought after his recent mishap.

Not that I cant take it but he was being a complete douche on my office view post. Evidently he does not hold his liquor all that well and maybe he can get what ever help he needs now

Gotcha. Nice guy during the day, goes down hill after beer thirty.

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952183
08/02/20 10:54 PM
08/02/20 10:54 PM
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

You might have it figured out. I think I read that physically he wasnt doing well so hopefully he will use this vacation to get both his mind and body looked so he can return to being witty and fun like the rest of us. Except Scuba1 of course- he is a pain in my left cheek LOL

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952192
08/02/20 11:01 PM
08/02/20 11:01 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
The signs of dysfunction, whether in mean drunk mode, or other substance abuse, is classic, with it's own set of recognizable patterns of behavior. As is personality dysfunction due to anything else .

Jealousy and envy can also go hand in hand with this, triggering attitudes of hateful strife exhibited in insults and badgering . Of course that is always denied by the one doing it.

I am NOT referring to Boco....he has been reasonable with me and I have had no need of taking up sword and shield against him.

I know many who have had serious ongoing pain, health issues, being shot in war, with lingering health issues to endure, and they have the maturity and kindness inherent to not flop anger and insults onto others.

"Feeling bad" is NO excuse for bad behavior.

That is the excuse drunks and others use in victim role , only to continue their behavior as soon as a little time goes by. It is always something or someone else's fault. What they accuse others of doing is what THEY do.

AA councilors see this very transparent pattern in almost everyone they treat.

Mac, I believe , put it well a while ago, how a real man acts in maturity, pain or no pain. Everyone endures pain in varied degrees.

When hurting, it is easy to tell the people you are around how you are feeling, and they kindly bend over backwards to help.No meanness exhibited at all. Even the one not feeling well, or horrible, feels better mentally with others who help and want to be around them. Healthy people in mind and heart know how to kindly communicate . They will leave when they see no progress , time after time and their own state of mind being beat down.

That is strength , not weakness.

Bogmaster Tom is such a kind person, all he has ever done is show care and concern for others , as are others here who have been the targets of mean spirited treatment.... others who have been minding their own business in fun time on a happy subject , only to get sniped out of the blue . Actively pursued on thread after thread. That is NOT the result of "pain" or not feeling well ....it is outright pursuit in accusatory intent after another....typically couched in familiar phrases meant to soften the insult, or with "lol" forms of jest in attempt to hide the seriousness of intent .

Far from raising the IQ of anyone, this mentality has pushed to the limit the patience of others that frankly, is a relief to not see anymore.

I always give anyone the benefit of the doubt when I address them , in the most reasonable manner I can muster.

That said, I also see the patterns of meanness that have clearly shown time after time, of NOT feeling "regret" , that has ramped up against not a few others , who have either overwhelmed him with refined humor in their defense , or solid logic, in not being able to control them or have the upper hand.

They see who is way out of their league and have the driving need to tear these ones down so that they feel better.

This has gone back far before Bogmaster Tom , Leftlane, and the other Texan...:) ....to others here as well.

I always give the benefit of the doubt , and my temperament can be stretched far enough in patience ....but when I see ones who are kind hearted and fun being shot at with unrelenting pursuit , on many posts since that person has been registered , I have to come to the defense of the ones undeserving of that treatment.

Six months isn't long at all. The forbearance of the moderator who decided that has my full support in decision. It could just as easily been permanent. All the other times have shown no growth of maturity or kindness with others.

The shorter time outs have never stuck in learning ability and the moderator's decision is not questioned nor complained about from those who respect him. Also upholding Mr Paul's own warnings several times .

There are plenty of places to receive help and real progressive treatment IF that is really searched for. I have seen too many give excuses for bad behavior . It is said that a drunk speaks a sober mind....

There are such amazing good people here who never deserve such dysfunctional treatment . Their time could easily be spent elsewhere , they grace us with their winsome fun ways, personality , astounding talents and knowledge.

I have to defend my people.

Mr Paul's orchestra is worth such quality individuals .

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952198
08/02/20 11:05 PM
08/02/20 11:05 PM
Leftlane Online content
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Online Content
"HOSS"

How about that Sharon- both wise and wonderful I say (I will ask the other Texan sometime but Im sure he agrees with me but out of respect for his misses would never be too mushy around another women. He is simply too daggum attractive and has to play it safe) grin

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pawnee] #6952445
08/03/20 09:06 AM
08/03/20 09:06 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by Pawnee
KeithC good post about Catch. I thought he was a bit short lately and wondered what was up. I’ve enjoyed his sence of humor over the years. Like many on here I’d like to sit around a fire with him for a evening. Thanks

Truth!

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Leftlane] #6952451
08/03/20 09:10 AM
08/03/20 09:10 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
How about that Sharon- both wise and wonderful I say (I will ask the other Texan sometime but Im sure he agrees with me but out of respect for his misses would never be too mushy around another women. He is simply too daggum attractive and has to play it safe) grin

Always a class act for sure, a great contributor to the crew around here.

Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952613
08/03/20 01:02 PM
08/03/20 01:02 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Sharon. You have alot of good points and are very well spoken. " Healthy people in mind and heart know how to kindly communicated" I love that

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Is BOCO back yet? [Re: Pike River] #6952628
08/03/20 01:37 PM
08/03/20 01:37 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Catch just needs a job .......... he's a good guy I'm sure ......just needs a purpose and some self worth

Report a post club - Non member

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread