No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Coast guard update [Re: Scuba1] #6956437
08/06/20 06:52 PM
08/06/20 06:52 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline OP
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
I watched one coast guard one sheriff boat and a SC DNR boat watch a 50 foot motor yacht sink in the ICW with people on board without lifting so much as a finger. I tried to tow that boat into a shallow spot but I only had the little boat with me with a 20 hp outboard while those ........... insert expletive here just sat in their boats and watched. I told the lot of them what I thought of that bunch of we rags.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: Coast guard update [Re: gcs] #6956452
08/06/20 07:08 PM
08/06/20 07:08 PM
alaska
3 Fingers Offline
trapper
3 Fingers  Offline
trapper

alaska
Originally Posted by gcs

I know the guys in Alaska seem to tolerate them, .

It was definitely their A team that plucked my tail out of the water.

Re: Coast guard update [Re: Scuba1] #6956525
08/06/20 08:02 PM
08/06/20 08:02 PM
New York border
Cragar Online content
trapper
Cragar  Online Content
trapper

New York border
Originally Posted by Scuba1
I watched one coast guard one sheriff boat and a SC DNR boat watch a 50 foot motor yacht sink in the ICW with people on board without lifting so much as a finger. I tried to tow that boat into a shallow spot but I only had the little boat with me with a 20 hp outboard while those ........... insert expletive here just sat in their boats and watched. I told the lot of them what I thought of that bunch of we rags.

Odd.....in my area , you are REQUIRED to render any assistance you can to a fellow boater in distress. I thought that was everywhere. Scuba1 obviously sees the benefit to aiding a vessel in trouble.

Years ago , buddy and I were in my boat fishing , saw a canoe capsize in the middle of the lake , 2 occupants aboard. Pulled in our fishing lines as quickly as we could and zoomed over to render aid. Two neophytes trying to learn how to use a canoe for a company team building event/canoe race. They could not get back in the canoe without help. They had no PFD's in the boat. Lost both paddles that we retrieved. Clearly a bit out of their element and needing help.

Can't believe someone CG or whoever just watching a vessel sink with occupants aboard and do next to nothing.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Coast guard update [Re: Scuba1] #6956710
08/06/20 10:51 PM
08/06/20 10:51 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I once rescued a blind dog that walked off a draw bridge. The bridge tender called us on the radio. He thought the dog was ours. I was going off watch so I drove to the bridge and pulled the spaniel out of some old rotten pilings that had it confused. Never got a medal or ribbon, just wet feet and a good feeling.

The old Coast Guard was a great service. We were important to small fishing communities and even to volunteer fire departments. Everybody was our friend back then and we were good neighbors in rural coastal towns.

Re: Coast guard update [Re: Scuba1] #6956924
08/07/20 08:05 AM
08/07/20 08:05 AM
alaska
S
spotter Offline
trapper
spotter  Offline
trapper
S

alaska
I don’t know how it is in the lower 48 states, but God bless them here in Alaska. More than a few have given their lives to render assistance to boats in serious life threatening weather. Sometimes it’s pain when they board your vessel, but I have the utmost respect for them.

Re: Coast guard update [Re: Scuba1] #6956941
08/07/20 08:17 AM
08/07/20 08:17 AM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
We had a CG station on the warrior when I was growing up. It was over 300 miles inland from the coast. I never knew just what they were there for. Figured they had something to do with the Corps of Engineer and dredging and keeping the channel clear.

[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread