No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: Trapper7] #6957172
08/07/20 02:07 PM
08/07/20 02:07 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Not discounting your motive in any way here Yes sir, but I'm not a fatalistic student. I believe if God provides me a way out I intend to take it, if a vaccine is it then so be it. I can always jump off the cliff later? Not going to happen!

Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: wissmiss] #6957288
08/07/20 05:10 PM
08/07/20 05:10 PM
Texas Hill Country
C
Cedar Hacker Offline
trapper
Cedar Hacker  Offline
trapper
C

Texas Hill Country
Originally Posted by wissmiss
There are lots and lots of similar stories going around.

Fake News - in my opinion.

Here is a link for all you fake news people and the ones that think that false positives don't happen

https://www.bigcountryhomepage.com/...ovid-19-cases-all-ruled-false-positives/

The same thing happened in at least two other counties nursing homes in Texas with one of them originally reporting 38 residents positive which in fact turned out to be all negative.

Not all of us out in rural Texas have the health facilities you Northern people have.

Our county has no testing facilities so the National Guard comes around about twice a month. You have to preregister with them a week or so before the scheduled test date and they only do a set number of tests.

I preregistered with them back in June and the day of the tests I had an emergency and was out of the county. So I did not get tested.
But 5 days after the scheduled date, I get a call from the County Judge informing me I had tested positive and would have to quarantine for two weeks.

So go ahead and believe what you want to but if it happens to you, what will you think then ?

As for me, I will not believe a single word anybody with any government says. If I get it and die, that is what God intended.

Sit on your horse on top of a ridge, look out across the country and tell me there is no God.

Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: loosegoose] #6957316
08/07/20 05:39 PM
08/07/20 05:39 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by white17
There is incompetence in all fields of endeavor. But ask yourself why someone would fill out their paperwork and then go BACK to the end of the line. ?

We have ongoing testing here in the parking lot of our local clinic. You don't fill out your paperwork until it is handed to you by the medical professional. That person then, does the nasal swab and finally signs the paperwork.

At no point does your paperwork leave your hands before the swab goes up your nose.

I suspect that is the case nationwide. Still, there is no shortage of people trying to make things more difficult and contribute to a mistrust of the medical community.

I could believe this if it was being handled by the DMV

Originally Posted by loosegoose
Originally Posted by wissmiss
There are lots and lots of similar stories going around.

Fake News - in my opinion.

This. It's an urban legend/myth/tall tale. So and so goes in to get tested, leaves before getting tested because they don't feel like waiting, and then get told they tested positive a few days later.

Interesting this urban legend happened to one of trapperman's own.

Last edited by Yes sir; 08/07/20 05:39 PM.
Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: Trapper7] #6957391
08/07/20 06:52 PM
08/07/20 06:52 PM
Nebraska
WadeRyan Offline
trapper
WadeRyan  Offline
trapper

Nebraska
Dirt, since you’re enjoying indulging yourself in medical billing. Go find out what each one of these ICD-10 codes tacked on a hospital bill runs:

Covid ICD-10 codes

Follow me on YouTube if you’re bored

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5Ulx1woYMmCN3IPLB0wwFw

Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: Trapper7] #6958000
08/08/20 10:09 AM
08/08/20 10:09 AM
SW WI
trapper20 Offline
trapper
trapper20  Offline
trapper

SW WI
ive had this happen to 2 different people

Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: WadeRyan] #6958020
08/08/20 10:37 AM
08/08/20 10:37 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by WadeRyan
Dirt, since you’re enjoying indulging yourself in medical billing. Go find out what each one of these ICD-10 codes tacked on a hospital bill runs:

Covid ICD-10 codes

Is it even possible? Medical billing is ludicrous. The acronym is FUBAR.

Who is John Galt?
Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: Trapper7] #6958173
08/08/20 02:46 PM
08/08/20 02:46 PM
MN
W
walleye101 Offline
trapper
walleye101  Offline
trapper
W

MN
So we have all heard numerous reports of false positives. Has anyone from the CDC looked into the percentage of false positive results in the nationwide testing protocol? Or false negatives as well? It seems like this would be important information to know when trying to manage a pandemic. Or does knowing not fit well with the narrative?

Re: COVID Tests Skewed? [Re: Cedar Hacker] #6958258
08/08/20 04:20 PM
08/08/20 04:20 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
“As for me, I will not believe a single word anybody with any government says. If I get it and die, that is what God intended.”

Same thing my parents said when they boarded a plane in Georgia in early July and flew to Washington for a month long vacation. They visited Oregon, Idaho, and Glacier National Park in Montana. They are back home now and Dad cut his grass yesterday in 95+ degree temps before I could get over there today. Dad will be 84 in Jan and Mom will be 75 in October. The only issue they had on vacation was when Dad slipped and fell, skinning up his leg, while hiking up a mountain with my brother, lol.

Last edited by Wanna Be; 08/08/20 04:22 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread