No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! #6957280
08/07/20 04:54 PM
08/07/20 04:54 PM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Ok the Gov of Ohio tested positive yesterday before his meeting with Trump. NO SYMPTOMS !! Ok so he leaves and then has 2 more different test performed and BOTH came back neg. His wife, staff and other family members also tested neg.. Ok how many "asymptopmatic" people that test positive are really not sick at all !!! No one would even think or want to endure going thru two more test .....

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6957286
08/07/20 05:09 PM
08/07/20 05:09 PM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Online content
trapper
KeithC  Online Content
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Different tests use different reagents. Some tests are much more accurate than others. The tests with the quickest results are more prone to false positives.

Keith

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6957309
08/07/20 05:36 PM
08/07/20 05:36 PM
Nevada
YamaCat Offline
trapper
YamaCat  Offline
trapper

Nevada
Good tests, bad tests. I’ll bet the companies that are putting out the Bad tests are making just as much money as the ones putting out the Good tests.

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6957328
08/07/20 05:51 PM
08/07/20 05:51 PM
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

se South Dakota
It just goes to show that concentrating on how many "positives" tests are out there doesn't really get us much. What's important is the rate of hospitalization and the "death" rate. If those aren't really going up, who really cares how many positives there are? An example from South Dakota. A church camp out in the Black Hills had an "outbreak" of the virus. Slightly over a 100 of all the campers (a good number of adults, don't know the ratio of adults to kids) tested "positives". Zero have been hospitalized as far as I know-- my brother knows one [a medical professional] who got sick. The "case" counters would say a "disaster", about a 30% infection rate. The people who are actually concerned about how sick the positives really are, would say, "what's the big worry"...?

P.S. The medical professional that my bro knows that got sick, that person was started on a "'quine" cocktail (hydrochloroquine- azithromycin-zinc) and felt immensely better by the next day. The person was early in being sick-- a key point...

"And God said, Let us make man in our image �and let them have dominion �and all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: NonPCfed] #6957333
08/07/20 05:55 PM
08/07/20 05:55 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by NonPCfed
It just goes to show that concentrating on how many "positives" tests are out there doesn't really get us much. What's important is the rate of hospitalization and the "death" rate. If those aren't really going up, who really cares how many positives there are? An example from South Dakota. A church camp out in the Black Hills had an "outbreak" of the virus. Slightly over a 100 of all the campers (a good number of adults, don't know the ratio of adults to kids) tested "positives". Zero have been hospitalized as far as I know-- my brother knows one [a medical professional] who got sick. The "case" counters would say a "disaster", about a 30% infection rate. The people who are actually concerned about how sick the positives really are, would say, "what's the big worry"...?

P.S. The medical professional that my bro knows that got sick, that person was started on a "'quine" cocktail (hydrochloroquine- azithromycin-zinc) and felt immensely better by the next day. The person was early in being sick-- a key point...

exactly

Last edited by Yes sir; 08/07/20 05:55 PM.
Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: YamaCat] #6957365
08/07/20 06:25 PM
08/07/20 06:25 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by YamaCat
Good tests, bad tests. I’ll bet the companies that are putting out the Bad tests are making just as much money as the ones putting out the Good tests.

Eyuup, and of course they are an essential biz

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6957378
08/07/20 06:38 PM
08/07/20 06:38 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I feel like it was a false positive, but Remember,meveryone who recovers from Covid goes from positive on their last day to negative their fist first day of recovery. The fact that no family members showed signs is pretty convincing that the test yielded a false positive result. Good for him, unless having an old case with no symptoms is good.

I have had the antibody test. Just a simple blood draw. No swab in the nose. Mine was negative for the antibody.

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: charles] #6957465
08/07/20 07:55 PM
08/07/20 07:55 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by charles
I feel like it was a false positive, but Remember,meveryone who recovers from Covid goes from positive on their last day to negative their fist first day of recovery. The fact that no family members showed signs is pretty convincing that the test yielded a false positive result. Good for him, unless having an old case with no symptoms is good.

I have had the antibody test. Just a simple blood draw. No swab in the nose. Mine was negative for the antibody.

I checked that out a few months back, because I am sure I had it the last week of Jan. They told be that first I had to have a positive from the first test then they would give me a antibody test. They may have changed their rules here by now, but now I don't want their test of any kind, until I'm sick enough to go to the Dr anyway.

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6958046
08/08/20 11:05 AM
08/08/20 11:05 AM
Ky
J
jbyrd63 Offline OP
trapper
jbyrd63  Offline OP
trapper
J

Ky
Exactly fox paw WHY would anyone get tested unless you are sick. The results may or may not be correct . Plus positive negative how does that change the out come of the results. If your sick your sick. If not your not. That "A" symptomatic is crap........

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: NonPCfed] #6958059
08/08/20 11:23 AM
08/08/20 11:23 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by NonPCfed

I agree to get the best idea of what is going on, you have to look at all three metrics. IMHO I would say the three are rolling: weekly average positive rate, weekly average hospitalizations for covid, weekly average death tally from covid.

The problem with daily numbers is they are not updated much on the weekends, so there are big drops on the weekend and big climbs on Monday and Tuesday.

Last edited by Dirt; 08/08/20 11:26 AM.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6958070
08/08/20 11:55 AM
08/08/20 11:55 AM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Most states have a number cruncher web site that tracks ICU bed usage and ventilator usage since long before covid-19 ever came around. Anyone can check them out, Michigan had about 130 people on ventilators (related) to covid-19 out of 3500+ ventilators in the state. It looks like ventilator usage is actually lower than normal due to less surgical procedures being performed.

Re: Ohio Gov proof results are waay off !! [Re: jbyrd63] #6958082
08/08/20 12:26 PM
08/08/20 12:26 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline
trapper
martentrapper  Offline
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
Alaska doctors now concerned about number of nurses and techs available to run and manage ICU beds and ventilators. No shortage of beds and equipment so now we worry about people available!!

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread