No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
need input, about a biblical observation #6957522
08/07/20 08:40 PM
08/07/20 08:40 PM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
I was doing some reading the other night, and came up with some very strange comparisons,,,there are more than likely some very fine gentlemen here who are more learned in the word.......but this is some things I kind of put together..........if I missed something in the timeline,,,,i'd most cert appreciate it

History does repeat itself,,, if you look on the bible and compare some things,, it will blow your mind,,, in the Bible , jezebel introduced the worship of Baal, it involved the burning of infants on the altar while adults had orgies,,,,,jezebel was married to ahab,, ahab was the seventh king of Israel,, and not a very good king,,, the tenth king of Israel was Jehu,,, although he had issues he was a much better king than his predecessors,,,, before he took the throne, he was faced with opposition by jezebel,,, who wanted the throne,,, which she obviously failed to do,,,, Jehu went after the Ba’al worshippers and made it punishable by death to continue to do so........if you make your comparisons,,,, ahab( Bill Clinton) jezebel( Hillary) and Jehu ( Donald Trump)..... Hillary tried for the presidency and lost to trump... Donald trump was the 3 rd leader after Bill Clinton,,, Jehu as the 3 rd leader after ahab,,,..... Donald trump has sworn himself to protect children,, both the unborn and those who are being trafficked,,, is this why there’s so much of a struggle to unseat trump??

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957550
08/07/20 09:00 PM
08/07/20 09:00 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...
President Trump's independence, is a MASSIVE threat to the Deep State's crimes...it's as simple as that.

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957561
08/07/20 09:07 PM
08/07/20 09:07 PM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
This could be the real Friday night fight thread lol
All I'll say is that that book is all about how you want to interpret things. All ya need is a little imagination and you'll find a chapter or five about anything you want.
Let the flaming begin

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957568
08/07/20 09:12 PM
08/07/20 09:12 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
I would say, just slow down a bit...if you're a man of the true God (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) be prepared for judgment, but also be prepared to continue on as a Christian.

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957569
08/07/20 09:13 PM
08/07/20 09:13 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
I believe someone erected a temple to Baal in New York in the last few years
There has been one is California for longer though

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: white marlin] #6957572
08/07/20 09:15 PM
08/07/20 09:15 PM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by white marlin
President Trump's independence, is a MASSIVE threat to the Deep State's crimes...it's as simple as that.

He knows a lot that will bring many down. It's in the process as we speak.

No Jab.
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: Sprung & Rusty] #6957655
08/07/20 10:15 PM
08/07/20 10:15 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Sprung & Rusty
Originally Posted by white marlin

He knows a lot that will bring many down. It's in the process as we speak.

I hope your right but why the heck is he waiting for his second term to drop the darn hammer? Seems all is for nothing if he lost the election.

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: Scuba1] #6957670
08/07/20 10:26 PM
08/07/20 10:26 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Scuba1
All I'll say is that that book is all about how you want to interpret things. All ya need is a little imagination and you'll find a chapter or five about anything you want.
Let the flaming begin

Id be curious how much real studying of it you have done or is it just based of what you've heard? I grew up in a Church and it wasn't till I was in my up 30s before I really read the word and studied on its meaning myself. Even if you didn't believe in God there is an amazing amount of wisdom in that book on how to live your life. Stuff that is surprising deep but once you understand it, it is simply right. I was pretty surprised at the what was in there when I got into it.

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957672
08/07/20 10:27 PM
08/07/20 10:27 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Tammuz was the son and sometimes husband of the Babylonian goddess Ishtar. Tammuz was a type of fore runner of Baal. Tammuz dies one fall as the earth turns brown. Ishtar does a seven step striptease to get the seven portals of the under world to open to retrieve Tammuz, and does so when the earth is come to life again and spring springs forth with new life and everything is green. Thats where fertility comes from.

The story of Gilgamesh tells alot about Ishtar and her pet the Bull of Heaven. Also possibly the earliest literature centuries ahead of Homer. They even have the earliest anti-trappers. Enkidu would throw the trappers traps and release their catch. Enkidu was part animal and the people get Shamhat, the temple-prostitute to tame Enkidu and to get him to fight Gilgamesh so as to give the people some slack from his abuse. Enkidu and Gilgamesh become friends and when Ishtar has her eye on Gilgamesh and he resists her advances then war breaks out and she sicks her Bull on them and Enkidu slings him into the Heavens thus "Taurus the Bull".

The cult of Ishtar was in California and the East coast too. So probably the mid America is not unscathed as well.
Ishtar is known as the "Queen of Heaven" and the "goddess of war and sexual love". In biblical days the women would bake cakes to queen of heaven . Molech was another type which they sacrificed their children to, fits right into abortion and a lot less screaming to prick the consciences.

Thats some of the beginning of cults. There is much more but that is just some off the top of my head, I've forgot more than I told I'm sure, lol.

Last edited by Foxpaw; 08/07/20 10:37 PM. Reason: bad spelling
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957685
08/07/20 10:44 PM
08/07/20 10:44 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Scuba1
You don’t know what your talking abt.

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957700
08/07/20 10:59 PM
08/07/20 10:59 PM
PA
P
PAskinner Offline
trapper
PAskinner  Offline
trapper
P

PA
I try not to get into those kinds of comparisons, because you can basically make a connection with anything if you try hard enough. To me, it's like the people who claim the numbers in psalms are secret codes prophesying about the future. I think that's nonsense. The Bible isn't a secret code ring.

Right now I’m having amnesia and déjà vu at the same time. I think I’ve forgotten this before.
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: Foxpaw] #6957971
08/08/20 09:42 AM
08/08/20 09:42 AM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
Originally Posted by Foxpaw
Tammuz was the son and sometimes husband of the Babylonian goddess Ishtar. Tammuz was a type of fore runner of Baal. Tammuz dies one fall as the earth turns brown. Ishtar does a seven step striptease to get the seven portals of the under world to open to retrieve Tammuz, and does so when the earth is come to life again and spring springs forth with new life and everything is green. Thats where fertility comes from.

The story of Gilgamesh tells alot about Ishtar and her pet the Bull of Heaven. Also possibly the earliest literature centuries ahead of Homer. They even have the earliest anti-trappers. Enkidu would throw the trappers traps and release their catch. Enkidu was part animal and the people get Shamhat, the temple-prostitute to tame Enkidu and to get him to fight Gilgamesh so as to give the people some slack from his abuse. Enkidu and Gilgamesh become friends and when Ishtar has her eye on Gilgamesh and he resists her advances then war breaks out and she sicks her Bull on them and Enkidu slings him into the Heavens thus "Taurus the Bull".

The cult of Ishtar was in California and the East coast too. So probably the mid America is not unscathed as well.
Ishtar is known as the "Queen of Heaven" and the "goddess of war and sexual love". In biblical days the women would bake cakes to queen of heaven . Molech was another type which they sacrificed their children to, fits right into abortion and a lot less screaming to prick the consciences.

Thats some of the beginning of cults. There is much more but that is just some off the top of my head, I've forgot more than I told I'm sure, lol.

thank you foxpaw......some very interesting stuff

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: PAskinner] #6957973
08/08/20 09:44 AM
08/08/20 09:44 AM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
Originally Posted by PAskinner
I try not to get into those kinds of comparisons, because you can basically make a connection with anything if you try hard enough. To me, it's like the people who claim the numbers in psalms are secret codes prophesying about the future. I think that's nonsense. The Bible isn't a secret code ring.

not really into the biblical codes or stuff either......but the ironies just kind of jumped out at me................and your right....probably just supercrazy coincidences......kinda like the Lincoln/kennedy stuff

Abraham Lincoln
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6957985
08/08/20 09:53 AM
08/08/20 09:53 AM
southern Wi.
N
nute Offline
trapper
nute  Offline
trapper
N

southern Wi.
the first thing I ask trapper ed or students is do they know of were the first writing of using furs is ? Genesis 3-21 Nute

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: Yes sir] #6957988
08/08/20 09:55 AM
08/08/20 09:55 AM
Tennessee
Scuba1 Offline
"color blind Kraut"
Scuba1  Offline
"color blind Kraut"

Tennessee
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Let the flaming begin

Id be curious how much real studying of it you have done or is it just based of what you've heard? I grew up in a Church and it wasn't till I was in my up 30s before I really read the word and studied on its meaning myself. Even if you didn't believe in God there is an amazing amount of wisdom in that book on how to live your life. Stuff that is surprising deep but once you understand it, it is simply right. I was pretty surprised at the what was in there when I got into it.

Two years of bible study twice a week in our local church was enough for me ..... then I had another read of it some years later out of curiosity and that convinced me to put it away for good. Those two afternoons per week then I should have spent fishing instead in hindsight.

Let's go Brandon

"Shall not comply" with morons who don't understand "shall not infringe."
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: PAskinner] #6957995
08/08/20 10:06 AM
08/08/20 10:06 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by PAskinner

This. Also we Americans tend to have an America-centered view of the Bible. The Bible wasn't written for Americans, it was written for the whole world, there's been empires as big as, or bigger than the US in the past, and will be again in the future, right up until Jesus comes. I highly doubt God hid some secret messages about Americas poltics in the Bible. We tend to want to make secret connections, it just natural. Think of the whole"heart of the wise leans to the right,heart of the fool leans to the left" thing.....has absolutely nothing to do with American politics, it was written in a time and for a people who would have had a completely different understanding of what right=wise and left= fool meant. We want to interpret it in light of our own modern understanding, but that's just writing a different meaning in to the Bible than what God intended. Same with the Ahab Jezebel jehu thing. It's a story of Israel's history, so don't read it as though it's a prophecy about American politics. Of course history repeats itself, there's nothing new under the sun, but that doesn't mean Bible history is future American political prophecy.

Last edited by loosegoose; 08/08/20 10:09 AM.
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6958060
08/08/20 11:27 AM
08/08/20 11:27 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Some of my young adult endeavors was to get a complete understanding of markets, politics, and religion. In my older adult life I've come to believe it's much like going out of the morning after a fresh snow and see a bunch of rabbit tracks in the snow and trying to figure out how many made them and what they was doing. Then you come to realize it was only one rabbit and he didn't didn't know what he was doing either, except just making tracks, lol.

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6958092
08/08/20 12:44 PM
08/08/20 12:44 PM
Iowa
arcman Offline
trapper
arcman  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Here ya go foxkidd44.

"Yeah Henry. Yeah, it's up there.. A whole valley full of prime beaver. A man could live easy the rest of his days."

Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: foxkidd44] #6958105
08/08/20 01:08 PM
08/08/20 01:08 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by foxkidd44
I was doing some reading the other night, and came up with some very strange comparisons,,,there are more than likely some very fine gentlemen here who are more learned in the word.......but this is some things I kind of put together..........if I missed something in the timeline,,,,i'd most cert appreciate it

History does repeat itself,,, if you look on the bible and compare some things,, it will blow your mind,,, in the Bible , jezebel introduced the worship of Baal, it involved the burning of infants on the altar while adults had orgies,,,,,jezebel was married to ahab,, ahab was the seventh king of Israel,, and not a very good king,,, the tenth king of Israel was Jehu,,, although he had issues he was a much better king than his predecessors,,,, before he took the throne, he was faced with opposition by jezebel,,, who wanted the throne,,, which she obviously failed to do,,,, Jehu went after the Ba’al worshippers and made it punishable by death to continue to do so........if you make your comparisons,,,, ahab( Bill Clinton) jezebel( Hillary) and Jehu ( Donald Trump)..... Hillary tried for the presidency and lost to trump... Donald trump was the 3 rd leader after Bill Clinton,,, Jehu as the 3 rd leader after ahab,,,..... Donald trump has sworn himself to protect children,, both the unborn and those who are being trafficked,,, is this why there’s so much of a struggle to unseat trump??

I bet epstein had the answer that one...

Let's go Brandon!
Re: need input, about a biblical observation [Re: Yes sir] #6958108
08/08/20 01:17 PM
08/08/20 01:17 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Let the flaming begin

Very good post and reply, Seth!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread