No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Anyone ever have a BAD nosebleed? [Re: James] #6958969
08/09/20 12:22 PM
08/09/20 12:22 PM
Ohio
M
Mike C Offline
trapper
Mike C  Offline
trapper
M

Ohio
Nose Bleeds that are NOT caused by any kind of trauma and "just happen" (spontaneous epistaxis) are USUALLY minor, but can become quite profusive. Also, for the most part, high blood pressure does not CAUSE nose bleeds, but they do add to the severity of the amount of time a nose bleed remains active and to the amount of blood loss. They are USUALLY cause by a host of minor minor problems that require nothing more than a little bit of attention. However, they can indicate more serious problems that require medical care, especially if you continue to have bleeds. Here is a website from the Mayo Clinic with very good information.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/symptoms/nosebleeds/basics/causes/sym-20050914

Re: Anyone ever have a BAD nosebleed? [Re: James] #6958986
08/09/20 12:49 PM
08/09/20 12:49 PM
MN, USA
star flakes Offline
trapper
star flakes  Offline
trapper

MN, USA
James, I do pray that you are healed.

There is a folk remedy site which things which do work which I post the link below for nose bleeds. It may be that you simply had a weak vessel which eroded and will heel. If you were checked for the virus that could cause problems too.

Besides the ice pack on the neck as has been mentioned, I would suggest that you, if not on blood thinners, take alfalfa caps, as there if Vitamin K in it, and others have suggested black strap molasses as a helpful remedy.

A number of people care about you, and all of us want your recovery and for you to be around this happy campfire.

Bloody Nose Remedies - Earth Clinic
[Search domain www.earthclinic.com/cures/bloody-nose-treatment.html] https://www.earthclinic.com/cures/bloody-nose-treatment.html
A nose bleed is defined as the loss of blood from the nose ranging from fairly minor to more severe. Several factors can contribute to or cause bloody noses including trauma to the face or nose, dry air, nose picking, sinusitis, allergies, blood thinners, regular aspirin use, chemical irritants and others.

Re: Anyone ever have a BAD nosebleed? [Re: Nittany Lion] #6959040
08/09/20 02:10 PM
08/09/20 02:10 PM
NY
R
rendezvous Offline
trapper
rendezvous  Offline
trapper
R

NY
Originally Posted by Nittany Lion
I never had a bad nose bleed, but with the blood thinners I am on now I would hate to think of getting one. It is scary to think it started while you were reading. Do they have any idea why it started?

I'm on warfarin and aspirin, due to an artificial valve and CVA/TIA's. Two winters ago had a nose bleed, steady running for three days. My doctor had to cauterized it to stop it, don't wait that long. Dry heat and Oxygen at night could have helped to caused it?
A while back I had blood in my urine and I mean bright red blood! I went to the ER and the nurse said, "How could you possibly know you have blood in your urine" and hand me a specimen cup. You should have seen her face when I handed her a cup of bright red blood! After a battery of tests, it went away on its own and they found nothing, possibly a kidney stone that passed on its own?
Take good care of yourself

Let's go Brandon!
Re: Anyone ever have a BAD nosebleed? [Re: James] #6959328
08/09/20 07:11 PM
08/09/20 07:11 PM
Killingly, CT
Brian Mongeau Offline
trapper
Brian Mongeau  Offline
trapper

Killingly, CT
My brother gets nose bleeds like that when he takes something with aspirin. He's allergic to it.

Re: Anyone ever have a BAD nosebleed? [Re: James] #6959468
08/09/20 08:40 PM
08/09/20 08:40 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Thanks for the replies and well-wishes.

I had to stop the blood thinners (Plavix and Eliquis), but my blood pressure med is working and BP is normal.

Now I don't know when to resume the blood thinners. The nose doctor told me to see my cardiologist about that, and my cardiologist won't see me until November.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Anyone ever have a BAD nosebleed? [Re: James] #6959470
08/09/20 08:43 PM
08/09/20 08:43 PM
Ohio
C
Computer Hater Offline
trapper
Computer Hater  Offline
trapper
C

Ohio
Plavix is what my dad was on and once they took him off of it the nosebleeds stopped.

Randy
Member NTA, FTA
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread