No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Hills of Texas] #6961208
08/11/20 04:46 PM
08/11/20 04:46 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Hills of Texas
I’ve watched it several times. It appears that the suspect locked in on the primary officer and never even noticed the secondary flanking the door. I wish I could see the suspects right hand just before shots being fired. I’ve seen people appear to be compliant only to try and get you to drop your guard. It’s very possible he was drawing the weapon as he appeared to be complying and just had bad situational awareness, overlooking the officer right behind him. I don’t believe you can take that video at face value and I can guarantee the officer didn’t want to have to shoot the guy.

I think you’re wrong. Whatever the reason, too much news, problems at home, daughter hanging with the wrong crowd, that officer has been waiting for an opportunity to fire his weapon at a live target.

-Goofy-
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961212
08/11/20 04:54 PM
08/11/20 04:54 PM
Llano, Texas, USA
H
Hills of Texas Offline
trapper
Hills of Texas  Offline
trapper
H

Llano, Texas, USA
The body cams are worn on the chest. It gives you the perspective seen by the officer but not exactly what the officer sees and its ridiculous to think that the officer has been waiting to shoot someone. I worked narcotics and SRT for years. There’s more to the story is all I’m saying. The video only shows part of what’s happening.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961217
08/11/20 04:56 PM
08/11/20 04:56 PM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
Charlene's brothers would be fun to sit around a campfire with.bet they'd let loose a lil if'n ya got em away from the ol man.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Hills of Texas] #6961228
08/11/20 05:12 PM
08/11/20 05:12 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

The body cams are worn on the chest. It gives you the perspective seen by the officer but not exactly what the officer sees and its ridiculous to think that the officer has been waiting to shoot someone. I worked narcotics and SRT for years. There’s more to the story is all I’m saying. The video only shows part of what’s happening.

Is there currently anyone in jail that wore a badge?

-Goofy-
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Hills of Texas] #6961239
08/11/20 05:16 PM
08/11/20 05:16 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

It’s ridiculous to think that every cop on patrol isn’t looking for an opportunity to fire his weapon.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 08/11/20 05:17 PM.

-Goofy-
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961249
08/11/20 05:21 PM
08/11/20 05:21 PM
Llano, Texas, USA
H
Hills of Texas Offline
trapper
Hills of Texas  Offline
trapper
H

Llano, Texas, USA
There’s idiots in every profession. That’s not to say the secondary officer was just wanting to smoke someone. As far as your question goes, I have no idea if the officer is in jail. I’m guessing that’s going to be up to a jury.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Hills of Texas] #6961258
08/11/20 05:26 PM
08/11/20 05:26 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

There’s idiots in every profession. That’s not to say the secondary officer was just wanting to smoke someone. As far as your question goes, I have no idea if the officer is in jail. I’m guessing that’s going to be up to a jury.

His comment to the gf afterwards shows exactly how distraught he was over having to fire his weapon.

The guy had a boner as soon as he saw the guy had something in his hand. As I stated earlier it could have been a tv remote and he still would have been shot.

-Goofy-
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961688
08/12/20 12:12 AM
08/12/20 12:12 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Looks like 1 cop shot him 3 times In back , definately watch out around cops. U don't have to have a gun in hand. 1 morning when up early go to ita convention, 2 sheriff deputies knock my door, say had 911 disturbance call here or close. I knew nothing of it, crazy , I had 1 hand with fingers in pocket a lil, cop about pull gun out, could been shot, they shoot u over nothing, a false move in dark, watch out, gung ho, they don't get job for no reason, some like bevable show force.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Finster] #6961694
08/12/20 12:24 AM
08/12/20 12:24 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by Finster
Originally Posted by white17
I can't tell if both cops fired. Anyone ??

I am also wondering if the cop who fired from behind him can actually see the guys right hand ??

The only officer shooting that I see is the one behind him. 3 shots and it seems that he is the only one showing recoil. By the shooting officers cam, I cannot really see the victims right hand. You can clearly see it by the other officers cam. Not being able to see the victims hand in my opinion would be worse. Now you are shooting someone on a guess? That's some pretty poor decision making. The officer that fired, in my opinion, should be brought up on manslaughter charges. It's not murder, it's not justifiable homicide and it's not involuntary manslaughter. Manslaughter seems to fit here and he should do some time. If I was on the grand jury with evidence here, I would vote to have him indicted.

Are we watching different videos or am I confused? By the "officer behind him" do you mean the officer to the right of the doorway if you were in the hall looking at the door? If so, that is the ONLY video I saw the gun in, with the suspect reaching for it right after he was told to put his hands in the air.

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961695
08/12/20 12:25 AM
08/12/20 12:25 AM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline
trapper
coonman220  Offline
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Lot bad killer cops around like that, like I say, don't got have gun or knife to get shot by cop, all stuff u see go on Huns, when buy muzzloader. Plenty interrest handgun sales an next day when got black powder accessories, bunch hot heads check out handguns for conceal carry, one them almost push me out way

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: coonman220] #6961707
08/12/20 12:53 AM
08/12/20 12:53 AM
Oakland, MS
yotetrapper30 Offline
trapper
yotetrapper30  Offline
trapper

Oakland, MS
Originally Posted by coonman220
Lot bad killer cops around like that, like I say, don't got have gun or knife to get shot by cop, all stuff u see go on Huns, when buy muzzloader. Plenty interrest handgun sales an next day when got black powder accessories, bunch hot heads check out handguns for conceal carry, one them almost push me out way

Sometimes I can. This time I can't. Translation into English please? Does anyone know what Dave's native language is? Tman is a diverse community, maybe we can hook him up with someone who knows his native language and can teach him ours?

~~Proud Ultra MAGA~~
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961712
08/12/20 01:04 AM
08/12/20 01:04 AM
Central Wisconsin
C
cwtrapper Offline
trapper
cwtrapper  Offline
trapper
C

Central Wisconsin
If you read his muzzle loader thread you probably would.

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961741
08/12/20 05:30 AM
08/12/20 05:30 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Being a gun owner carries responsibility. A responsible person doesn't run into a hallway, gun in hand, to scare off what he thinks are kids pranking him. He should not have been shot but I get why that cops self preservation bell rang.

The video where the UNARMED drunk guy got shot? There is a case for criminal prosecution

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: yotetrapper30] #6961753
08/12/20 06:41 AM
08/12/20 06:41 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by yotetrapper30
Are we watching different videos or am I confused? By the "officer behind him" do you mean the officer to the right of the doorway if you were in the hall looking at the door? If so, that is the ONLY video I saw the gun in, with the suspect reaching for it right after he was told to put his hands in the air.

That is the video I saw. But I didn't see the victim "reaching" for a gun at any point. After rushing out into the hallway and realizing it was cops banging on his door I saw him quickly kneel, raise his free hand (complying with shouted orders of "HANDS, HANDS, HANDS") and begin to lay the weapon down with his other hand. The gun was in his hand when he initially entered the hallway.

He was shot in the back as he was attempting to comply with the cop's shouted orders.

Eh...wot?

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6961754
08/12/20 06:42 AM
08/12/20 06:42 AM
potter co. p.a.
P
pcr2 Offline
"Twerker"
pcr2  Offline
"Twerker"
P

potter co. p.a.
gotta admit that Charlene was a hottie with the voice of a angel. wink

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6962133
08/12/20 03:10 PM
08/12/20 03:10 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
If he really didn't hear them say they were cops, he should have asked who it was before he opened the door.

I didn't think he came out necessarily in an aggressive manner. More like he just opened the door with a gun in his hand. He seemed surprised that it was the police. In this case, having the gun in his hand is what caused his death. What were the police to do, wait until he shot at them first? They had no way of knowing what his intentions were. I feel their actions were justified.

We are told not to judge all Muslims by the actions of a few lunatics, but are told to judge all gunowners by the actions of a few.
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Trapper7] #6962153
08/12/20 03:32 PM
08/12/20 03:32 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Originally Posted by Trapper7
If he really didn't hear them say they were cops, he should have asked who it was before he opened the door.

I didn't think he came out necessarily in an aggressive manner. More like he just opened the door with a gun in his hand. He seemed surprised that it was the police. In this case, having the gun in his hand is what caused his death. What were the police to do, wait until he shot at them first? They had no way of knowing what his intentions were. I feel their actions were justified.

So anytime you have a gun in your hand a cop is justified in shooting you? I only ask as I imagine being a trapper you may have a gun in your hand often. crazy

Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Trapper7] #6962154
08/12/20 03:35 PM
08/12/20 03:35 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

They had no way of knowing what his intentions were..

When dispatch comes back identifying you as a CC during a traffic stop are they to demand that you throw your gun out the window because they don’t know what your intentions are? Maybe they shout at you a couple times and then let you have it through the back glass when they can’t see your hands.

The line needs to be thicker than it currently is.

Last edited by HobbieTrapper; 08/12/20 03:36 PM.

-Goofy-
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: Andrew Eastwood] #6962156
08/12/20 03:37 PM
08/12/20 03:37 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Andrew Eastwood

So anytime you have a gun in your hand a cop is justified in shooting you? I only ask as I imagine being a trapper you may have a gun in your hand often. crazy

lol, I just pictured a trapper hearing sirens and throwing his revolver in the creek.

-Goofy-
Re: Police Shooting----What is Your Opinion? [Re: BillyTraps] #6962166
08/12/20 03:49 PM
08/12/20 03:49 PM
Fontana KS
A
Andrew Eastwood Offline
trapper
Andrew Eastwood  Offline
trapper
A

Fontana KS
Hobbie, You just put a picture in my head that really puts it in perspective. laugh I do know of a family of poachers that have a gun that has hit the ditch many times. Them knuckle heads used to brag about how many times that gun had been tossed out the window at speed and survived.
As for your comment about the CC, I will likely get shot before my Les Bear gets tossed out the window. Would you please send condolences to my wife and kids when it happens.

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread