No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Nothing Like a Threat [Re: SGT. C] #6962487
08/12/20 09:40 PM
08/12/20 09:40 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Sounds wrong Sarge. I would never ask for my staffs password and my administrator wouldn’t ask for mine. I would report this to HR or IT. You are the only one who needs access, to it. The training system should be able to send reports to your supervisor of trainings completed or trainings that are due. Absolutely no need for them to have access.

In fact as far as I’m aware, with my employer and many others. You are asked to not share passwords with anyone.

I’m sure your system has a way to reset passwords if needed, that is how these things work usually.

Sounds like your LT is being a bit of a micromanager.

I would just tell them that you will handle the security of your own password, a threat of a disciplinary action is just that a threat. I would ask them to have HR present if they wish to discuss further actions.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Nothing Like a Threat [Re: SGT. C] #6962525
08/12/20 10:10 PM
08/12/20 10:10 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
This is way i didn't asked my Officers their passwords. I told the LT, that i informed them of the request and that they would get with them. I didn't want to have the passwords. I felt it wasn't none of my business and they are responsible for it themselves. I will hold on to mine. I have all my passwords(written down) locked in a safe at home plus stored in my head. If i should forget, a call home to the wife will do. Sarge

I put in for two weeks of PTO. So far, not approved. I'm taking bets to how long it will be before they are signed off. One way or the other i will get my PTO. No reason other then being hateful. And yes, the darn phone will be off when not on duty. Once bitten, twice shy.

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Nothing Like a Threat [Re: SGT. C] #6962609
08/12/20 11:19 PM
08/12/20 11:19 PM
Virginia
52Carl Offline
trapper
52Carl  Offline
trapper

Virginia
A wise man (quite a bit younger than I) once consoled me about a similar micro-managing supervisor. He said, "I've seen this before with guys like this. They all leave eventually."
I took that and ran with it. I stopped bad mouthing to others about him, but instead talked him up to anyone involved with promotions, which helped him get to his next job far far away. I'd says things like, "I can't believe he hasn't been promoted already."

Re: Nothing Like a Threat [Re: Jurassic Park] #6962613
08/12/20 11:24 PM
08/12/20 11:24 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline
trapper
adam m  Offline
trapper
A

nm
Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
I don’t understand why someone needs your password unless they plan on snooping. Your email is your voice. Someone could log into your account and send false messages if they know your password.

X2

Even if it's just the password for the cbt I'd be hesitant. All they need to do is fail some training in "your name" and there goes your job.

Re: Nothing Like a Threat [Re: SGT. C] #6962701
08/13/20 06:27 AM
08/13/20 06:27 AM
New York border
Cragar Offline
trapper
Cragar  Offline
trapper

New York border
I had a similar situation. Worked at a fortune 100 company. Had someone directly above me who wanted my password for the computer I used. I politely refused. They got the person above them to demand my password , I refused again. That person got the boss above them , I refused again. HR got involved , I refused again. Then I was called into the office with a very high level manager and asked for my password , I refused again.

I explained to them that my password is my 'electronic signature ' , I am responsible for it. Most importantly I own it. Not the company , it is my property and not the company's. I told them that if they wanted the person directly above me to access the computer , issue them a password. I also suggested that the very high manager wanted this person to use the computer , he could loan his password to the person who wanted it but my password was not being loaned out period. I stood my ground. A lot of my coworkers thought I was going to get fired.

End of the story , I stood my ground. The password is my property. They issued this other person a password.

NRA benefactor member
Re: Nothing Like a Threat [Re: SGT. C] #6962703
08/13/20 06:36 AM
08/13/20 06:36 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Trust me. They know when you log on, where you go how long you’ve been there and what you posted when you where there. Depending on how many employees the employer has, an algorithm with set parameters flags excessive visits. Any training or information only programs will have a “blanket” password. This password can be changed by the user, but shouldn’t be. To reset to the intended password after it has been changed by the employee would be the only need to request the password used by the employee.

That and if they are getting ready to furlough employees and need access to their computers to reprogram for future use. There’s normally a condition for getting the requested logon info like attaching cooperation to severance packages and paychecks.

-Goofy-
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread