Wilderness Trapping and Living

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~Dobbins' Catalog~

ATS
(Please support Ted's Fur Shed, our sponsor for the Wilderness Page)

Alaska Trappers Association

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Retirement in Rural Alaska........major rant!! [Re: martentrapper] #6967656
08/18/20 01:17 PM
08/18/20 01:17 PM
Yukon
Y
yukon254 Offline
trapper
yukon254  Offline
trapper
Y

Yukon
My thinking is that we are in for a long winter. In May I thought this would all be behind us by fall but it seems to be getting crazier. The obvious question when talking numbers is how many of you in the villages have actually been tested?? My guess is only those who are showing symptoms. Since its pretty well proven now that the vast majority of people have few to zero symptoms the real number of those infected in rural AK is almost certainly higher than whatever number they are using. If that is in fact true, then all this lockdown nonsense is a waste of time and likely only prolonging the inevitable.

The known mortality rate has certainly gone down to the point where your chances of dying from covid are about as likely as dying from the flu.

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

www.grizzlycreeklodge.com
Re: Retirement in Rural Alaska........major rant!! [Re: martentrapper] #6967909
08/18/20 06:49 PM
08/18/20 06:49 PM
Moved to Fbks, Ak.
M
martentrapper Offline OP
trapper
martentrapper  Offline OP
trapper
M

Moved to Fbks, Ak.
I was hoping Otterman would chime in. Curious what's happening in that part of the state. Here's a good one.......in Unalakleet, they keep the members of the "task force" secret as some people in these villages are not happy about the restrictions. Imagine not even knowing who is makeing the regs your required to abide by!!

Re: Retirement in Rural Alaska........major rant!! [Re: martentrapper] #6968408
08/19/20 10:14 AM
08/19/20 10:14 AM
mi. u.p
grapestomper Offline
trapper
grapestomper  Offline
trapper

mi. u.p
We didn't even get asked for papers in anchorage airport.
Walked to luggage and right out the door.
I was surprised.

Re: Retirement in Rural Alaska........major rant!! [Re: martentrapper] #6968431
08/19/20 10:51 AM
08/19/20 10:51 AM
SW Alaska
otterman Offline
trapper
otterman  Offline
trapper

SW Alaska
MT sorry been getting ready for moose camp so haven't been on much. Dillingham has some of the most restrictive measures of any HUB community in Western AK just yesterday we had our first case of community spread . A lot of the local villages are requiring permission for people to come and go but many are doing just that. They also have imposed curfews not sure how making everyone be inside at midnight is going to keep Covid at bay but I generally don't stay up that late anyway. Most have mask rules and restrictions on kids in the village stores as well. Dillingham currently allows the outlying villages to come and go pretty much unrestricted. Pretty much if you want to come and visit or stay longer than 3 hours in Dillingham you better have a couple test and be ready to do some type of quarantine. The rules are complicated and it takes a full reading of them and a lawyer to figure them out. Not sure what the E side village S of Naknek and King Salmon are doing I have heard rumors but nothing I know for sure to speak on. The bay did make it through the commercial fishing season without a major outbreak which was a huge concern for many people. I personally am sick of it all and the grandson has gone home to the lower Yukon for school this year so I lost my trapping partner but that takes a lot of worries away. Lots of people here working from home gonna be interesting to see how many actually return to an office setting in the future.
Off to camp today opener tomorrow extreme low water and mid 70's gonna make a tough hunt

Last edited by otterman; 08/19/20 10:53 AM.

We get out of life only as much as we really want and work hard enough to achieve
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  akntrpr, Ol' Blister, otterman