No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Winchester/Cannon safes @ TSC #6970297
08/21/20 08:43 PM
08/21/20 08:43 PM
Midlands South Carolina
S
SGT. C Offline OP
trapper
SGT. C  Offline OP
trapper
S

Midlands South Carolina
Looking to to buy a safe. Had recent break ins around my neck of the woods. Hope the local LEO'S catch'em before Mr. Glock does.

Are the TSC safes the same as the big box outdoor suppliers sell? Also, what are the do and don't with the locking mechanisms?

Also needing one with at least 30 min fire protection. Looking in the $500-800 range.

Never thought i needed one until so, i truly need some advice. Thanks, Sarge

Getting old is a fatal mistake

Always looking for reloading componets

I know a beaver or two, because I've seen a beaver or two
Re: Winchester/Cannon safes @ TSC [Re: SGT. C] #6970309
08/21/20 08:56 PM
08/21/20 08:56 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Dad has a 20 year old cannon. He is locked out the dial no longer works. The sent him new parts but wont pay the 450 the locksmith wants to drill it and put the parts in.

Gun safes are nothing more than security cabinets. Thin sheet metal boxes lined with dry wall for fire protection. The ratings are not consistent and they are not really safes. They work for a deterrent but are quickly defeated with a few simple tools .
do your research and know what you are and are not getting.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 08/21/20 08:57 PM.
Re: Winchester/Cannon safes @ TSC [Re: SGT. C] #6970325
08/21/20 09:14 PM
08/21/20 09:14 PM
Missouri
ol' dad Offline
trapper
ol' dad  Offline
trapper

Missouri
I would echo what Providence Farm says. But something is better than nothing and that price is affordable.

I would shy against getting a digital lock. An EMP would render it useless. So will dead batteries.. I would look for a combination lock.

If you're looking for a true safe and not worried about money look at the Graffunder brand.

Ol dad

"I season my food with hunger"
Re: Winchester/Cannon safes @ TSC [Re: SGT. C] #6970350
08/21/20 09:32 PM
08/21/20 09:32 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Manual lock and buy the best and biggest you can afford. They fill up fast--especially with scoped weapons.

I recommend a good safe, bolted to the foundation AND a monitored security system for your home. If you can put it in a closet so that it's hard to get at the sides with a saw or grinder, even better.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread