No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972796
08/24/20 07:22 PM
08/24/20 07:22 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
If you just watched the video being showed by the media, I would say the optics looked bad for the police. But I would withhold judgement, because no one, other than those who were there, really knows what was going on at the time of the shooting.

I haven’t concluded the George Floyd’s death was a homicide. Today, folks want to skip over a trial and go straight to the conviction and sentencing.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972799
08/24/20 07:25 PM
08/24/20 07:25 PM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
7 rounds fired with 3 kids in the car. We are lucky this thing wasn't worse.

"Gold is money, everything else is just credit" JP Morgan
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Diggerman] #6972800
08/24/20 07:27 PM
08/24/20 07:27 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Originally Posted by Finster

The guy had a warrant for a violent felony. He probably didn't want to get ID'ed. He would have been arrested on the spot. If the police already knew that, maybe that's why they had guns drawn? Now he is not complying with lawful orders and going for the car. The car has children in it. Were they his kids? Was it his car? Should he be allowed to get in that car and takeoff without knowing if they are his kids or his car? Now should he be chased knowing that the kids are in the car? How will he be stopped and will he use the kids as hostages? Was there a weapon in the car? was he going for it? Did he go for something that looked like a weapon? A knife, a tire iron? This is far from cut and dried. A ton of things we do not know and anyone responsible would hold back judgement until at least some of the facts are in. Trouble is, where are we going to hear facts from? It won't be the MSM.

IF my aunt had balls , she'd be my uncle. Here in AMERICA, you ARE presumed innocent until proven guilty. IF does not supersede your rights.

What are you even talking about? Give me something to work with here instead of your typical incoherent babble. At least present some sort of debate. So we should just "presume" that the guy was ignoring lawful orders, and trying to get into a vehicle because he ........... Had a stuffed teddy bear he wanted to give the officer for the toys for tots fund? Maybe he has a jar of jelly beans that he bought for the officers? Maybe he thought it one of the officers birthdays and he had a card? Maybe he was going to give a donation to the police benevolent association? Here in AMERICA we are an nation of laws. We abide by the law or at least we are supposed to. The man had a warrant for a violent felony, sexual assault no less. In order for him to be proven guilty, he would have to stand trial. In order for him to stand trial he would have to go through the process. That process begins with arrest.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972801
08/24/20 07:29 PM
08/24/20 07:29 PM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
Tlguy...but, most have had all they can take and that would push them over their limit.
Got to draw a line in the sand somewhere..

Donnie

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972803
08/24/20 07:32 PM
08/24/20 07:32 PM
New York border
Cragar Online content
trapper
Cragar  Online Content
trapper

New York border
Gonna be slightly different tonight , national guard deployed.

National Guard called out to Kenosha after Sunday rioting

https://www.foxnews.com/us/national-guard-kenosha-after-sunday-rioting

NRA benefactor member
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Diggerman] #6972807
08/24/20 07:37 PM
08/24/20 07:37 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
It is Flynn.

Sorry Dude, I dont have to try to be somebody else like you Bruce willis wanna be's.

Hay DUDE it's CHUCK NORRIS to u!!

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972815
08/24/20 07:39 PM
08/24/20 07:39 PM
South Ga - Almost Florida
S
Swamp Wolf Offline
trapper
Swamp Wolf  Offline
trapper
S

South Ga - Almost Florida
Diggerman,
Easy for all to see what you are implying. After all you posted it on a thread about this cop-involved shooting.

I'm definitely on your side when it comes to our constitutional rights. I cherish them.

But that salve you mention should be used to put on your crawfishing knees.

Thank God For Your Blessings!
Never Half-Arse Anything!

Resource Protection Service

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Finster] #6972820
08/24/20 07:42 PM
08/24/20 07:42 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland

What are you even talking about? Give me something to work with here instead of your typical incoherent babble. At least present some sort of debate. So we should just "presume" that the guy was ignoring lawful orders, and trying to get into a vehicle because he ........... Had a stuffed teddy bear he wanted to give the officer for the toys for tots fund? Maybe he has a jar of jelly beans that he bought for the officers? Maybe he thought it one of the officers birthdays and he had a card? Maybe he was going to give a donation to the police benevolent association? Here in AMERICA we are an nation of laws. We abide by the law or at least we are supposed to. The man had a warrant for a violent felony, sexual assault no less. In order for him to be proven guilty, he would have to stand trial. In order for him to stand trial he would have to go through the process. That process begins with arrest.

“FINISH HIM!”
[Linked Image]

-Goofy-
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972823
08/24/20 07:43 PM
08/24/20 07:43 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
They make some really great drugs these days, and the thugs think they are Scarface. "You're ******* bullets don't hurt me!"

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6972825
08/24/20 07:47 PM
08/24/20 07:47 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

“FINISH HIM!”
[Linked Image]

Meh, I'll make him suffer a little first. grin

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972842
08/24/20 07:56 PM
08/24/20 07:56 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
I just love how no matter what may or may not have happened with these things, the automatic response nowadays is burn and loot.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: trapdog1] #6972846
08/24/20 07:59 PM
08/24/20 07:59 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by trapdog1
I just love how no matter what may or may not have happened with these things, the automatic response nowadays is burn and loot.

They just use it as an excuse. I have no doubt that 99.9% of those people could care less.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972855
08/24/20 08:09 PM
08/24/20 08:09 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Finster] #6972904
08/24/20 08:52 PM
08/24/20 08:52 PM
New York border
Cragar Online content
trapper
Cragar  Online Content
trapper

New York border
Good video, Finster.

Here is Ben Shapiro's comments-

NRA benefactor member
Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6972978
08/24/20 09:44 PM
08/24/20 09:44 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
[Linked Image]

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6972988
08/24/20 09:53 PM
08/24/20 09:53 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.

“FINISH HIM!”
[Linked Image]

Yippe Kye Ah!!!

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Howell Bros] #6973005
08/24/20 10:06 PM
08/24/20 10:06 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
I have a loaded pistol on my dash as we speak, in plain view, is that enough for a cop to shoot me? It is my constitutional right and it is legal in Wisconsin. So if a cop pulls me over and see's my gun, is it alright for him to demand I throw it out the window, if I touch it is it alright for him to then shoot me?
Finny, the guy does not NEED a reason to get in his car, that is also legal in all 50 states.
Why in the world did that cop to draw his weapon when he did?
Come on finny, give me a big ole "GOOD SHOOT" and get it over with, you know you want to. It meets one of your prerequisites, they shot him in the back, alot.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Diggerman] #6973013
08/24/20 10:15 PM
08/24/20 10:15 PM
Green Bay, Wisconsin
tlguy Offline
trapper
tlguy  Offline
trapper

Green Bay, Wisconsin

Finny, the guy does not NEED a reason to get in his car, that is also legal in all 50 states.

I haven't watched the video because I don't need to see that sort of thing, but in guessing the cops told him to get on the ground or stop moving. So, at a certain point, it's no longer legal for him to resist or not comply with the orders, nor is it a good idea to dig through your vehicle with guns drawn on you.

If you think it's OK to reach fpr the gun on your dash while being stopped by an officer, I truly hope you never get pulled over. But you're probably white, so if you get shot dead resisting arrest and reaching for a gun while a cop tells you not to, we'll probably never hear about it on the news.

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: Diggerman] #6973026
08/24/20 10:26 PM
08/24/20 10:26 PM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline
trapper
Finster  Offline
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
I have a loaded pistol on my dash as we speak, in plain view, is that enough for a cop to shoot me? It is my constitutional right and it is legal in Wisconsin. So if a cop pulls me over and see's my gun, is it alright for him to demand I throw it out the window, if I touch it is it alright for him to then shoot me?
Why in the world did that cop to draw his weapon when he did?
Come on finny, give me a big ole "GOOD SHOOT" and get it over with, you know you want to. It meets one of your prerequisites, they shot him in the back, alot.

You tell me why the police drew when they did. You seem to know all about this. More than everyone else. Apparently you were there? You seem to have all the answers. More than the media, the bystanders, the police, the DA, they should all come to you so we can get this over with. Your little episode with a gun on your dash is pathetic and has nothing to do with what happened in the video. You are trying to distract with nonsense as usual. Let's stick to the facts.
1. The guy had a violent felony warrant for sexual assault
2. In the video, two police had guns drawn and were giving him lawful commands that he did not follow. That in an of it's self is a crime.
3. He ignores the officers commands and tries to get into a car. If he was trying to flee with a felony warrant, that's another felony.
Other than that, you don't know squat. I don't know squat. I look at the evidence and there is not enough to say if the shooting was justified or not. Play your little games and make your little judgements based on your wittle feelings. I'll wait and make my decision with evidence like an adult. .

Re: It’s about to get crazy again in Wi [Re: tlguy] #6973028
08/24/20 10:29 PM
08/24/20 10:29 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by tlguy

I haven't watched the video because I don't need to see that sort of thing, but in guessing the cops told him to get on the ground or stop moving. So, at a certain point, it's no longer legal for him to resist or not comply with the orders, nor is it a good idea to dig through your vehicle with guns drawn on you.

If you think it's OK to reach fpr the gun on your dash while being stopped by an officer, I truly hope you never get pulled over. But you're probably white, so if you get shot dead resisting arrest and reaching for a gun while a cop tells you not to, we'll probably never hear about it on the news.

I guess my question is, When did complying with a cop become more important than him honoring my CONSTITUTIONAL rights? Anybody? How bout you LEO's? dont you gotta take a pledge or something? anyone care to post it? Does it say anything bout the Constitution?

Page 4 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 15 16
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread