No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Stimulous [Re: Boco] #6973697
08/25/20 06:42 PM
08/25/20 06:42 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Boco
Time to share all that wealth with the working people like coonman (who has two jobs) by implementing basic income for everyone.

If your concerned about him,,sell off a few pairs of your high heels and send him that money. grin

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973700
08/25/20 06:46 PM
08/25/20 06:46 PM
Idaho Falls, Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Idaho Falls, Idaho
Time to share all that wealth with the working people like coonman (who has two jobs) by implementing basic income for everyone.

With free survival income many people would just live off it. If you don't believe that just park near a welfare office and watch.

Re: Stimulous [Re: Blaine County] #6973703
08/25/20 06:47 PM
08/25/20 06:47 PM
n.e, iowa
C
coonman220 Offline OP
trapper
coonman220  Offline OP
trapper
C

n.e, iowa
Originally Posted by Blaine County
No stimulus check? Good. People need to get back to work. If they are already working and still need a stimulus check, get a second job or a better job.

And people need to plan for periods of time where they don't have a paycheck--save money and don't buy crap they don't need.

I am working, u don't get $300. As waitress or $500 a weekend around here unless u went school for job an know how do something. An lucky, or work in office at higher up job, all I can ssy if against a stimlous. U got have a billon $$ come out ur ears with money to burn, I done talk about it, an that the truth

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973711
08/25/20 07:00 PM
08/25/20 07:00 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
The next check is only going to the wealthy taxpayers and its going to be a very big one. How about that Coonman. We are all in your boat now.

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973716
08/25/20 07:04 PM
08/25/20 07:04 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by coonman220
Originally Posted by Blaine County
No stimulus check? Good. People need to get back to work. If they are already working and still need a stimulus check, get a second job or a better job.

And people need to plan for periods of time where they don't have a paycheck--save money and don't buy crap they don't need.

I am working, u don't get $300. As waitress or $500 a weekend around here unless u went school for job an know how do something. An lucky, or work in office at higher up job, all I can ssy if against a stimlous. U got have a billon $$ come out ur ears with money to burn, I done talk about it, an that the truth

Maybe you need to figure out how to do something!!

If that isn’t an option, then load up the Colorado and find a place where you can be payed for your knowledge, experience and expertise.

By they way, a waitress around here will make $300 a night when we don’t have the stupid government shutting g down restaurants.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Stimulous [Re: Boco] #6973720
08/25/20 07:05 PM
08/25/20 07:05 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

No thanks. This working person has paid enough.

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973722
08/25/20 07:07 PM
08/25/20 07:07 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
Don't believe you have To go to school to have a job, if you haven't went to school to have the job that makes billions coming out of your ears just live with in your means. It's simple more effort you put in life,the more life gives you. I started part-time job washing dishes at the hospital I work at, worked hard proved myself the next full-time spot came about I got it, worked harder, head cooks job I got it, director retired proved myself over the years got the directors job over people that had been there 15 plus years because I worked harder. Went and got my CDM now I'm in charge of everything. Is it the highest paying job no but it paid for my wife to only work one day a week for 2 years to get her rn kept food on the table, kids shelter and clothed. Was a struggle for a minute but the hard work paid off. We lived with in our means, did without on some extras but all said and done we're blessed. This is because I worked at life not sit around whining about being broke. I'm sure you have some set of skills that would help makes extra money on the side, you have to put forth the effort. The American dream is earned not handed out.

Re: Stimulous [Re: pcr2] #6973723
08/25/20 07:08 PM
08/25/20 07:08 PM
W NY
Turtledale Offline
trapper
Turtledale  Offline
trapper

W NY
Originally Posted by pcr2
there's a pole for lease at the club if ya can dance Dave.wife won't let me come out of retirement.

Busty's always hiring

NYSTA, NTA, FTA, life member Erie county trappers assn.,life member Catt.county trappers
Re: Stimulous [Re: Chancey] #6973727
08/25/20 07:09 PM
08/25/20 07:09 PM
Indiana
F
fishnhunts Offline
trapper
fishnhunts  Offline
trapper
F

Indiana
Originally Posted by Chancey
I did not agree with the first stimulus, and I certainly don't agree with another one.

However, I don't see anyway that the Govt cannot give a second if not third stimulus. The Federal Government, Governors, and mayors shut down our economy. Many people lost jobs and those jobs don't seem to be coming back anytime soon. Its not just our country either; much of the world is facing similar economic problems. Saw on the news today that mortgage payment delinquencies are at a 10 year high. Many folks are not able to pay their rent b/c the federal and local governments told them to stay home and they would pay them.

I think the FED has gotten itself into a bad pickle this time and the folks in control of printing money know what kind of monster they have created. We think the rioting is bad now, I think it will get much worse if they don't give another stimulus.

I know one thing. In 1995 my first job I had taxes taken out I was making minimum wage at $4.25. Land prices were about $800-1000 dollar an acre for prime river bottom land, and I could fill my truck up for twelve bucks and a can of copenhagen cost around 3 dollars. You could buy a 4 piece chicken tender meal with a large drink and large fries for $3.99 at the local fried chicken place.

Now, minimum wage has only gone up to $7.25 over the past 25 years. However, land prices are now averaging $5k/acre. It costs over twice as much to fill up that same pickup. I think snuff is close to $8 dollars now and the same chicken tender meal is $9 bucks.

Things don't seem to be adding up to me, but my understanding of the FED and the economics behind it are limited. I know that an honest day's work does not seem to go near as far today as it did 25 years ago, and a lot of small business around here are struggling to keep their head's above water. Yet, billionaires like Amazon, Google, Netflix, etc are making record profits.

Seems to me like we need a lot more millionaires than billionaires or perhaps better.....a lot more $500-750K annual salary folks than continuing to make billionaires even wealthier. Trickle down economics does not seem to be working too good around here.......at least not for the little man.

This is an interesting take on things in my opinion for multiple reasons. First, none of the companies you used as examples really even existed(the way they do now) 25 years ago so someone, somewhere had some great ideas, worked hard, took risks, and made a fortune. I work in retail and have a Amazon warehouse nearby who we compete desperately with to hire people. We never start people at minimum wage because frankly, you would never be able to hire anyone. This is not because of some minimum wage, it is what the market for the workforce demands. Competition has increased, most folks that have a job are working for over "minimum wage" and many people start out double minimum wage. I saw a sign at burger King the other day that were hiring people for $12/hour starting out. Now that really is an eye opener and something that a business hiring people has to compete with. It is great for the workers. I would concede that there probably are more billionaires and millionaires than there were 25 years ago, but everyone else is also doing better. There are more things to buy that people consider "needs" like internet, cell phone, fancy vehicle, boats, and the list goes on. I'm only 34 years old and I can tell that the majority of people around me are living better now than they were 20 years ago. Yes, it is tough for some folks out there still, but there is opportunity everywhere in this country and plenty of people willing to spend money if you find the right product or service to sell them.

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973816
08/25/20 08:09 PM
08/25/20 08:09 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
I heard on news that chance another one is slim an get less chance, that ought keep some weathy ppl on this site happy that are against it as dont need it

“The whole gospel of Karl Marx can be summed up in a single sentence,” argued economics journalist Henry Hazlitt long ago:

“Hate the man who is better off than you are.”

"Never under any circumstances admit that his success may be due to his own efforts, to the productive contribution he has made to the whole community. Always attribute his success to the exploitation, the cheating, the more or less open robbery of others. Never under any circumstances admit that your own failure may be owing to your own weakness, or that the failure of anyone else may be due to his own defects, to his laziness, incompetence, improvidence or simple stupidity. "

Mean As Nails
Re: Stimulous [Re: white17] #6973818
08/25/20 08:10 PM
08/25/20 08:10 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by white17
I heard on news that chance another one is slim an get less chance, that ought keep some weathy ppl on this site happy that are against it as dont need it

“The whole gospel of Karl Marx can be summed up in a single sentence,” argued economics journalist Henry Hazlitt long ago:

"Never under any circumstances admit that his success may be due to his own efforts, to the productive contribution he has made to the whole community. Always attribute his success to the exploitation, the cheating, the more or less open robbery of others. Never under any circumstances admit that your own failure may be owing to your own weakness, or that the failure of anyone else may be due to his own defects, to his laziness, incompetence, improvidence or simple stupidity. "

We need a clapping emoji

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Stimulous [Re: white17] #6973821
08/25/20 08:12 PM
08/25/20 08:12 PM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

Winner.

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973828
08/25/20 08:15 PM
08/25/20 08:15 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Good post fishnhunts.

While I do agree with you on most parts, I don't think the majority of people are better off financially. Most live from paycheck to paycheck and would not be able to survive for 3 days if the power went out.

There are a lot of workers out of work that don't have the skill set that is needed to be hired by tech jobs; especially now that many jobs including fast-food restaurants are becoming more automated.

I don't think the working man (like coonman 220) are better off today than they were 25 years ago. I am successful and busier now than I have ever been. I have worked through all this mess and have plenty of work lined out ahead of me. However, I have a degree and multiple skill sets. I would not want to be a laborer in today's job market. The dollar of today is just not worth as much as it was 25 years ago; and the working man that is making wages on day labor is not invested in the stock market and has no idea of stocks and bonds. The whole system and value of the dollar is rigged for the upper class in my opinion.

Mind you, I am probably the most conservative person you will ever meet, but I try to live by the Golden Rule and it seems that our current monetary system benefits some and screws the eyeballs out of others.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Stimulous [Re: Boco] #6973832
08/25/20 08:18 PM
08/25/20 08:18 PM
central Haudenosaunee, the De...
W
white marlin Offline
trapper
white marlin  Offline
trapper
W

central Haudenosaunee, the De...

we already have that...the basic income is zero dollars.

have to EARN the rest.

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973834
08/25/20 08:19 PM
08/25/20 08:19 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
https://money.com/15-super-successful-people-who-never-graduated-college/

Above is some examples you can follow for success. I doubt many of them trap or fish, some may trophy hunt. Being satisfied with what you have and who with you are is better than having billions and still wanting trillions.

Here is a story, it has a moral meaning, if it offends anyone I'm not sorry.

There was a rich guy that was out driving around in his big car admiring his wealth. He passed by his 1000 head of cattle and thought boy I am rich. Then he passed by his timber that covered the hills and thought boy I am rich. Then he went in the bottoms and saw his lush crops and the oil pumps scattered about and thought boy I'm rich. As he neared back home he came upon a neighbor whom he had tried to buy his 10 acres for a long time but he wouldn't sell. That was the only piece out of his many sections and oh how he wanted it. As he neared his neighbors little shack he saw him at a little table under a tree out by his garden where he was hoeing his vegetables. He was praying over his meal as he was about to eat. The rich guy stops and asked him what he was doing and he said he was giving thanks for his food. Then the rich guy says , what else is new? To which the neighbor replied that he had a dream last night that the richest man in the county was going to die tonight. This upset the rich guy because he knew he was the richest guy in the county. He thought the old guy was crazy, but he had been right about some other things in the past. So he quickly left and went home and called his doctor friend to come and stay with him all night.

They played cards all night and he never even felt sick. When the sun rose he told the doctor he might as well go home. Doc got in his car and left only to return in a little while. He told the rich guy he had just found his neighbor lying dead in the yard. Richest man in the county died that night!

Re: Stimulous [Re: white17] #6973840
08/25/20 08:26 PM
08/25/20 08:26 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa

This is also the democratic party platform. More or less.

Re: Stimulous [Re: coonman220] #6973851
08/25/20 08:36 PM
Kansas
K
Kansas Cat Offline
trapper
Kansas Cat  Offline
trapper
K

Kansas
Amen White! I knew we were in trouble when politicians and academics started demonizing profits and regular Joes joined the chorus. There is no such thing as a windfall profit when capitalism is at work. It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Unfortunately, envy spawns blindness.

Re: Stimulous [Re: Chancey] #6973853
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Chancey
Good post fishnhunts.

While I do agree with you on most parts, I don't think the majority of people are better off financially. Most live from paycheck to paycheck and would not be able to survive for 3 days if the power went out.

There are a lot of workers out of work that don't have the skill set that is needed to be hired by tech jobs; especially now that many jobs including fast-food restaurants are becoming more automated.

I don't think the working man (like coonman 220) are better off today than they were 25 years ago. I am successful and busier now than I have ever been. I have worked through all this mess and have plenty of work lined out ahead of me. However, I have a degree and multiple skill sets. I would not want to be a laborer in today's job market. The dollar of today is just not worth as much as it was 25 years ago; and the working man that is making wages on day labor is not invested in the stock market and has no idea of stocks and bonds. The whole system and value of the dollar is rigged for the upper class in my opinion.

Mind you, I am probably the most conservative person you will ever meet, but I try to live by the Golden Rule and it seems that our current monetary system benefits some and screws the eyeballs out of others.

I have to disagree with that. The word "rigged" implies that it is intentional. I don't believe that at all. What I DO believe is that the middle class, as a whole, does not have the economic literacy to understand and take advantage of the system it lives under.

Mean As Nails
Re: Stimulous [Re: Kansas Cat] #6973860
08/25/20 08:39 PM
08/25/20 08:39 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Kansas Cat
Amen White! I knew we were in trouble when politicians and academics started demonizing profits and regular Joes joined the chorus. There is no such thing as a windfall profit when capitalism is at work. It really isn't a difficult concept to grasp. Unfortunately, envy spawns blindness.

Truth for the ages !

Mean As Nails
Re: Stimulous [Re: DelawareRob] #6973882
08/25/20 08:55 PM
08/25/20 08:55 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland
Originally Posted by DelawareRob