No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Return to College [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6974026
08/25/20 11:04 PM
08/25/20 11:04 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
I've heard a lot of good things about Hillsdale. Hillsdale College is 90 miles west of Detroit.

https://www.hillsdale.edu/admissions-aid/visiting-campus

This would be a wise choice to look into- I agree

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Return to College [Re: Duckie1] #6974030
08/25/20 11:07 PM
08/25/20 11:07 PM
NW Illinois
R
Raizmup Offline
trapper
Raizmup  Offline
trapper
R

NW Illinois
Pull your kid out of that college as fast as you can.

Re: Return to College [Re: Duckie1] #6974112
08/26/20 06:00 AM
08/26/20 06:00 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
My son says they have not had any classes like that. Too focused on keeping everything clean and sanitized so they can keep going to class in person and playing fall baseball.
He said they are running their (This word is unacceptable on Trapperman) off in 100+ degree heat daily though. Full baseball scholarship, and working toward his CPA.
Funny you mention Hilsdale college. Their baseball coach looked at my son his junior year. Hilsdale oach and his catcher happened to be at a game my son was pitching. Wasnt even senior legion was junior legion it was championship game in Bennington, NE and they came to dugout after game to ask our coach if they could talk to Noah.
Hilsdale is an awesome conservative school. Check out their website, VP Mike Pence spoke at one of their graduation commencement. Noah really liked their curriculum for accounting and math. He just ended up accepting the baseball scholarship at another school.
Hilsdale used to advertise on paul Harvey radio show if any of you remember that.
Jim

Last edited by jabNE; 08/26/20 06:09 AM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Return to College [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6974117
08/26/20 06:16 AM
08/26/20 06:16 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

I've heard a lot of good things about Hillsdale. Hillsdale College is 90 miles west of Detroit.

Agreed. I have family that attended Hillsdale and it doesn't take any Federal Funding as I recall = no Federally mandated anything.
They just built a new Chapel as well.

Re: Return to College [Re: ] #6974141
08/26/20 07:38 AM
08/26/20 07:38 AM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Mark June

Agreed. I have family that attended Hillsdale and it doesn't take any Federal Funding as I recall = no Federally mandated anything.
They just built a new Chapel as well.

Tried to get one of mine to go there. Great college ran by great people. Larry Arnn is the president and teaches some of the constitution classes. He’s on every Friday with Hew Hewitt for a hour. I think it call “ Hillsdale Dialogues”. They have a collection of them on their website and I think a podcast of all them too. Smart man for sure

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Return to College [Re: Duckie1] #6974176
08/26/20 08:20 AM
08/26/20 08:20 AM
NE Indiana
L
Larry Hall Offline
trapper
Larry Hall  Offline
trapper
L

NE Indiana
Paul, You hit the nail on the head with Hillsdale College - One of the absolute best conservative colleges in the country.. They do some excellent work.. The paper they publish is fantastic..

Re: Return to College [Re: Duckie1] #6974329
08/26/20 11:49 AM
08/26/20 11:49 AM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
Liberty University is another Conservative Christian college. I have a granddaughter that attends there.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread