No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: trapper20] #6974523
08/26/20 03:54 PM
08/26/20 03:54 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by trapper20
Originally Posted by Diggerman
Just remember folks, what you approve of cops doing to others , is what others will approve of cops doing to you. The guy may be a dirtbag and had it commin, but some day, you could also be thought of as a dirtbag and get the same. But you wont even make the local news. If the cops get the message that this behavior is alright, god help us all.

the big difference is i wouldnt fight with the police and resist. there are millions of police contacts every day and no one gets shot- but the dont fight, they listen when officers say let me see your hands, they listen when an officer says stop, etc,etc.

Don’t know if it is true but the mystery channel cites there is an arrest made every 2.5 seconds in the USA.

-Goofy-
Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974532
08/26/20 04:13 PM
08/26/20 04:13 PM
Indiana
H
Huntall76 Offline
trapper
Huntall76  Offline
trapper
H

Indiana
This is totally different than the one where the white guy got shot in the back, he seemed like he was trying to comply with the cops orders. This guy was doing the exact opposite and when did it become a normal thing that when a cop has a gun pointed at you that you don't follow their orders, whether your right and or not guilty. You can always plead your case later when there's not a gun pointed at you.

I call them as I see them and this shooting doesn't seem to be cops doing anything wrong.

I have had cops order me out my car at gunpoint (fighting, younger days) and I followed their orders to the tee (scared po opless)

I've had a civilian put a shotgun in my face when I knocked on their door and was told to get off her porch, so I did (scared po opless)

Both instances I walked away unharmed. It's not rocket science.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974546
08/26/20 04:33 PM
08/26/20 04:33 PM
Co.-Wy. part time AK.
W
wy.wolfer Offline
trapper
wy.wolfer  Offline
trapper
W

Co.-Wy. part time AK.
Originally Posted by AntiGov
Protect themselves from what ? Wolfer

That's the million dollar question

Was it a gun ? A knife ? A cell phone ? A doughnut ? Or maybe nothing at all

All the above are not equal

Your asserting that he should have been beaten down immediately? This guy obviously made a very bad choice that he paid for, he chose to breakaway from LE and then he chose to ignore their command to stop, and then he chose to lean down and reach for "something", sounds like a suicide by cop. His choice. This is not to say advanced training for deescalation would be a good thing.

Last edited by wy.wolfer; 08/26/20 04:41 PM.
Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: wy.wolfer] #6974611
08/26/20 06:23 PM
08/26/20 06:23 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by wy.wolfer
Protect themselves from what ? Wolfer

That's the million dollar question

Was it a gun ? A knife ? A cell phone ? A doughnut ? Or maybe nothing at all

All the above are not equal

Your asserting that he should have been beaten down immediately? This guy obviously made a very bad choice that he paid for, he chose to breakaway from LE and then he chose to ignore their command to stop, and then he chose to lean down and reach for "something", sounds like a suicide by cop. His choice. This is not to say advanced training for deescalation would be a good thing.

So now I am really confused, can anyone shoot anyone for leaning and reaching for "something? Or perhaps it is just cops. I would think a life or death situation would be handled a little less cavalier. I dont blame the cop at all, but i would have a talk with the guy that trained him and put him in the field.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974649
08/26/20 06:45 PM
08/26/20 06:45 PM
Va. Lee Co.
D
Donnie H Offline
trapper
Donnie H  Offline
trapper
D

Va. Lee Co.
1 more time...do stupid stuff- win stupid prizes...

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: Diggerman] #6974729
08/26/20 08:04 PM
08/26/20 08:04 PM
Oregon
SpottedOwl Offline
trapper
SpottedOwl  Offline
trapper

Oregon
Originally Posted by Diggerman
I dont blame the cop at all, but i would have a talk with the guy that trained him and put him in the field.

What would you tell the trainer? Don’t shoot, not until a weapon is actually being pointed at or used against you? Ever try to draw from the drop to try gaining/regaining control of a situation? Just a hot tip, you’d lose that game. Don’t shoot until you’ve voiced commands, tried hands on, used a less than lethal taser, tried voicing commands again, then it’s OK to shoot? Isn’t that what happened?

It’s simple. Don’t be stoopid, and the odds are better than astronomical that you’re gonna live through a police interaction.

Owl

Spend time with your kids while THEY still have time

Your life is an occasion ..... Rise to it
Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: Marty] #6974733
08/26/20 08:12 PM
08/26/20 08:12 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Originally Posted by Marty
They probably should have just let him leave and go about his business. After all a thug with felony warrants who will not comply with police officers is a great person to have running around town doing as he pleases.

Yup,,then Diggerman could take him home for a nice dinner with his family.Maybe let him spend the night.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974742
08/26/20 08:18 PM
08/26/20 08:18 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
Diggerman, what are you confused about?
If a civilian pulls a gun on me I will respond with like force. Why would you pull a gun on someone demanding them to stop and want to see my hands?

Police officers called to a domestic dispute on a person that already has felonies against him is totally different. Their lives matter too. If you don’t listen and comply then face the consequences. Better yet, don’t break the law and you won’t have issues. I’ve been stopped on suspicion before with guns drawn and ordered out of my truck. I complied, walked backwards with arms raised, got on my knees as ordered and laid somewhat gently face down on the asphalt. Even had a knee in my back when the radio call came in that someone else had caught the guy. They apologized and offered a supervisor to come out and take my complaint.
I grew up respecting LEO’s and figured they were just doing their job. No complaint filed.

Someone in a truck just like mine had robbed a bank at gunpoint and shot someone and fled the same route I was taking. Had I not complied, I do believe they would have not hesitated to use force.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974751
08/26/20 08:26 PM
08/26/20 08:26 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Maybe we should just shoot all citizens with a criminal background because they " might " have a gun

Or maybe we should just shoot all gun owners because they " might " have a record .

I still haven't seen or heard of any weapon this dirt bag had or was supposedly reaching for.

If it's true , I'll change my position

Last edited by AntiGov; 08/26/20 08:30 PM.

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974767
08/26/20 08:38 PM
08/26/20 08:38 PM
Indiana
H
Huntall76 Offline
trapper
Huntall76  Offline
trapper
H

Indiana
That guy going to get in that car is no different then him reaching inside his jacket, period. If cops tell you to stop and not reach in your pockets or get into a vehicle and they already have you at gunpoint then you are asking to get shot any anyone that doesn't understand that is either a fool or just arguing for arguing sake.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974774
08/26/20 08:44 PM
08/26/20 08:44 PM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny
Maybe we should just shoot all citizens with a criminal background because they " might " have a gun

Or maybe we should just shoot all gun owners because they " might " have a record .

I still haven't seen or heard of any weapon this dirt bag had or was supposedly reaching for.

You seem about as smart as all them boneheads getting shot.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: upstateNY] #6974777
08/26/20 08:46 PM
08/26/20 08:46 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline OP
trapper
AntiGov  Offline OP
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by upstateNY

You seem about as smart as all them boneheads getting shot.

Why don't you send me a plane ticket and we'll discuss it in person

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974780
08/26/20 08:49 PM
08/26/20 08:49 PM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
https://www.fox6now.com/news/doj-id...e-as-rusten-sheskey-says-blake-had-knife

Published 1 hour ago

Updated 20 mins ago

KENOSHA, Wis. - Officials with the Wisconsin Department of Justice (DOJ) Division of Criminal Investigation on Wednesday evening, Aug. 26 released the name of the officer who shot Jacob Blake Sunday, Aug. 23, Kenosha Police Officer Rusten Sheskey, a seven-year veteran. DOJ officials said Blake "admitted that he had a knife in his possession" Sunday evening.

DOJ officials said Kenosha police were dispatched to a residence near 28th Street and 40th Avenue after a female caller reported that her boyfriend was present and was not supposed to be on the premises.

Kenosha Police Officer Rusten Sheskey, Jacob Blake

During the incident, officers attempted to arrest Blake, 29.

DOJ officials said law enforcement deployed a Taser to attempt to stop Blake, however, the Taser was not successful.

Blake then walked around his vehicle, opened the driver’s side door and leaned forward, officials said. While holding onto Blake’s shirt, Officer Sheskey fired his service weapon seven times "into Mr. Blake’s back."

No other officer fired their weapon, DOJ officials noted.

The Kenosha Police Department does not have body cameras. Therefore, the officers were not wearing body cameras.

Jacob Blake

During the investigation following the initial incident, Blake "admitted that he had a knife in his possession," officials said.

DCI agents recovered a knife from the driver’s side floorboard of Blake’s vehicle. A search of the vehicle located no additional weapons.

Law enforcement immediately provided medical aid to Blake. Flight for Life transported Blake to Froedtert Hospital in Milwaukee, where he remained as of Wednesday.

Unrest in Kenosha

DCI is leading this investigation and is assisted by the FBI, Wisconsin State Patrol and Kenosha County Sheriff’s Department.

The involved officers have been placed on administrative leave.

Officials with the DOJ noted in a news release Wednesday the DCI report will be turned over to a prosecutor, and "when DCI is the lead investigating agency of a shooting involving a law enforcement officer, DCI aims to provide a report of the incident to the prosecutor within 30 days. The prosecutor then reviews the report and makes a determination about what charges, if any, are appropriate. If the prosecutor determines there is no basis for prosecution of the law enforcement officer, DCI will thereafter make the report available to the public."

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974782
08/26/20 08:50 PM
08/26/20 08:50 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
AntiGov listen to the words in both videos
He is told to put down the knife

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974808
08/26/20 09:17 PM
08/26/20 09:17 PM
Michigan
D
Duckie1 Offline
trapper
Duckie1  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
That facts will not change anything.

BLM and Antifa are the radical action wings of the Democrat party. It is not a coincidence that so much is happening in Wisconsin as it was a vital battle ground state in the last election and most likely this one.

In Detroit the video from day one of the police shooting clearly showed a criminal shooting at the police first from less than two feet away. The people were still out protesting and rioting even though the police chief made the body cam video public within hours.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: Wanna Be] #6974847
08/26/20 09:46 PM
08/26/20 09:46 PM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
Originally Posted by Wanna Be
Diggerman, what are you confused about?
If a civilian pulls a gun on me I will respond with like force. Why would you pull a gun on someone demanding them to stop and want to see my hands?

Police officers called to a domestic dispute on a person that already has felonies against him is totally different. Their lives matter too. If you don’t listen and comply then face the consequences. Better yet, don’t break the law and you won’t have issues. I’ve been stopped on suspicion before with guns drawn and ordered out of my truck. I complied, walked backwards with arms raised, got on my knees as ordered and laid somewhat gently face down on the asphalt. Even had a knee in my back when the radio call came in that someone else had caught the guy. They apologized and offered a supervisor to come out and take my complaint.
I grew up respecting LEO’s and figured they were just doing their job. No complaint filed.

Someone in a truck just like mine had robbed a bank at gunpoint and shot someone and fled the same route I was taking. Had I not complied, I do believe they would have not hesitated to use force.

OK, riddle me this, two cops, one thought it was a good idea to shoot a man in the back, one didn't which one was wrong? According to everything you have said, the shooter was not only right, but that was his only choice, yet the other cop seems to agree with me.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974863
08/26/20 09:53 PM
08/26/20 09:53 PM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
Diggerman the only reason it was the only safe shot for the officer had was simple
Raise his sidearm to a horizontal direction and now other people's lives are in his line of fire.
He made the right call

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: AntiGov] #6974867
08/26/20 09:56 PM
08/26/20 09:56 PM
2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Blaine County Offline
trapper
Blaine County  Offline
trapper

2A Sanctuaries-W. OK & N. NM
Diggerman and AntiGov--you guys are picking the wrong case to prove your point. I understand what you are trying to say but your arguments fall flat with these facts.

Re: Shoot first ask questions later [Re: wetdog] #6974871
08/26/20 10:01 PM
08/26/20 10:01 PM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by wetdog
Diggerman the only reason it was the only safe shot for the officer had was simple
Raise his sidearm to a horizontal direction and now other people's lives are in his line of fire.
He made the right call

Daggone, now he still looking for someone to agree with him. lol

-Goofy-
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread