No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Cellular Reception Booster #6979892
09/01/20 10:28 AM
09/01/20 10:28 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Has anyone tried setting up a reception booster so you can get better and more reliable reception for your phone's reception and data?

[Linked Image]

Re: Cellular Reception Booster [Re: Pike River] #6979976
09/01/20 12:11 PM
09/01/20 12:11 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Yes Pike River, I have tried many different kinds at various prices.

We live in a rural area and have Verizon phone service. We also cannot get internet service except via satellite Our reception is poor and Verizon sold me on buying these boosters. Since then, I have bought 3 different ones including two similar to what you posted and none of them worked or helped improve the situation.

You must be careful talking to the dealers b/c I was ignorant on what I needed and bought several each time listening to the experts and reading the reviews. None of the boosters worked for me b/c I have satellite internet AND poor cellular reception. Most of these systems try to boost the signal that is there, but if you have nothing, then they can't boost nothing.

After being frustrated I finally got a hold of one of Verizon's service technicians that did not BS me. He looked up my location on the map and told me that in order to have adequate cell service, one needs to be within 5 miles of a tower. The two closest to me are both 5.2 miles away which is why he said our service is so poor. Also, he informed me that the booster I bought from Verizon that ran off the internet was useless b/c they must have high speed internet and satellite internet via Hughesnet was not sufficient.

For what its worth, they may be helpful in your situation especially if within 5 miles of the tower; however, if your situation is similar to where I live, then I would not spend too much money on it.

As far now, we still have crappy service and I have tried everything and bought everything I know that may help. If you find something that works, please let me know. Chancey

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Re: Cellular Reception Booster [Re: Pike River] #6979977
09/01/20 12:14 PM
09/01/20 12:14 PM
Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
C
cbat Offline
trapper
cbat  Offline
trapper
C

Sandpoint Idaho/ Whitesboro TX
We run a Wilson booster and it helps somewhat

The real Wally
Re: Cellular Reception Booster [Re: Pike River] #6979981
09/01/20 12:17 PM
09/01/20 12:17 PM
SW MISSOURI
R
Rockfarmer Offline
trapper
Rockfarmer  Offline
trapper
R

SW MISSOURI
Take a look at wilson boosters. They helped us at the farm and in vehicles.

www.nationwidecartparts.com
3rd Infantry Division
1st Infantry Division
U.S. ARMY
Re: Cellular Reception Booster [Re: Pike River] #6979984
09/01/20 12:19 PM
09/01/20 12:19 PM
WV
G
garymc Offline
trapper
garymc  Offline
trapper
G

WV
I use a Wilson as well. I am very pleased with it. It is installed in my cabin with an external and internal antennae. Without it I have 1 bar of signal. With it I can get a bar or two of LTE and surf the net within reason.

Re: Cellular Reception Booster [Re: Chancey] #6980000
09/01/20 12:42 PM
09/01/20 12:42 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Chancey
Yes Pike River, I have tried many different kinds at various prices.

We live in a rural area and have Verizon phone service. We also cannot get internet service except via satellite Our reception is poor and Verizon sold me on buying these boosters. Since then, I have bought 3 different ones including two similar to what you posted and none of them worked or helped improve the situation.

You must be careful talking to the dealers b/c I was ignorant on what I needed and bought several each time listening to the experts and reading the reviews. None of the boosters worked for me b/c I have satellite internet AND poor cellular reception. Most of these systems try to boost the signal that is there, but if you have nothing, then they can't boost nothing.

After being frustrated I finally got a hold of one of Verizon's service technicians that did not BS me. He looked up my location on the map and told me that in order to have adequate cell service, one needs to be within 5 miles of a tower. The two closest to me are both 5.2 miles away which is why he said our service is so poor. Also, he informed me that the booster I bought from Verizon that ran off the internet was useless b/c they must have high speed internet and satellite internet via Hughesnet was not sufficient.

For what its worth, they may be helpful in your situation especially if within 5 miles of the tower; however, if your situation is similar to where I live, then I would not spend too much money on it.

As far now, we still have crappy service and I have tried everything and bought everything I know that may help. If you find something that works, please let me know. Chancey

Thank you that really does help.

I currently have zero unless I use the "extended network" but that runs our quickly so I just turn my data on and off. They are building a tower about 4 miles away but because of the pandemic that has been paused.

I wonder if I strung one up to a tree to get some height if it would work better?

Re: Cellular Reception Booster [Re: Pike River] #6980020
09/01/20 12:53 PM
09/01/20 12:53 PM
Central Texas
C
Chancey Offline
trapper
Chancey  Offline
trapper
C

Central Texas
Yes, I think so, but be sure to have enough cord to make the run.

The technician I spoke to said to mount it on the high point of my house and point it in the direction (bearing) of the nearest tower and try to have a clean line of site. That means no trees or buildings for interference.

If the new tower is west of your house, I would put it on the west side of your house and point it directly towards the tower. Also, most of the ones I have bought want the internal antennae to be about 25 feet away from the external antennae to work properly. So, you will want to take that into consideration when buying one. The internal antennae needs to be centrally located in house and I had to purchase more cord to connect the external antennae to the reciever b/c the I put it on top of the house and the cord that comes with it was I think only 30 feet or so.

Resident Conspiracy Theorist
Accused Moron, Nazi, Low IQ, and Putin Fan Boy
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread