No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kenosha video footage #6982157
09/03/20 09:03 PM
09/03/20 09:03 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline OP
trapper
wildflights  Offline OP
trapper

Washington
More Kenosha video. Dumpster fire that started the shooting is from 3 minute mark to 5 minutes.

Looks like the old guy with the fire extinguisher lived in the clip before that.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982166
09/03/20 09:16 PM
09/03/20 09:16 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Offline
trapper
dustytinner  Offline
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
What is wrong with these people!!

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982170
09/03/20 09:21 PM
09/03/20 09:21 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
The dumb broad in the background trying to justifying the old guy getting knocked out.....

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982178
09/03/20 09:37 PM
09/03/20 09:37 PM
Ohio, USA
Ave Offline
trapper
Ave  Offline
trapper

Ohio, USA
I don’t see how anyone could defend those animals.

Ave don't go where the beaver don't flow
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982193
09/03/20 10:17 PM
09/03/20 10:17 PM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Mostly kids that have never experienced the wrath their bad actions can bring upon them.... it is a disgrace that this is encouraged in our country for an anticipated political gain. The politicians allowing this should be strung up.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982195
09/03/20 10:28 PM
09/03/20 10:28 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

The Hill Country of Texas
I should keep shut but that's not like me.
3 idiots got shot but it looks like there were plenty more askin for it.

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982201
09/03/20 10:35 PM
09/03/20 10:35 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State
Why is nobody there defending their property, that really perplexes me?

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: waggler] #6982209
09/03/20 10:44 PM
09/03/20 10:44 PM
Washington
wildflights Offline OP
trapper
wildflights  Offline OP
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by waggler

Wisconsin looks a lot like Washington. Defending your property would bring prosecution that would likely bankrupt you. There is little doubt that charges would be filed here even if you were defending yourself let alone your livelihood/property.

Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire. -Gustav Mahler
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982214
09/03/20 10:59 PM
09/03/20 10:59 PM
fayette,al.
G
grisseldog Offline
trapper
grisseldog  Offline
trapper
G

fayette,al.
Kill’em all

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: grisseldog] #6982227
09/03/20 11:27 PM
09/03/20 11:27 PM
St. James, Missouri
Bigbuck Offline
trapper
Bigbuck  Offline
trapper

St. James, Missouri
I really would love to see them all get mowed down and stack up like cord wood in every city that has this going on. If they mow down enough of them in enough city's I bet this crap will stop. They are animals not humans.

A long hair country boy can survive
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982238
09/04/20 12:04 AM
09/04/20 12:04 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.
Originally Posted by wildflights
Originally Posted by waggler

Wisconsin looks a lot like Washington. Defending your property would bring prosecution that would likely bankrupt you. There is little doubt that charges would be filed here even if you were defending yourself let alone your livelihood/property.

I expect the business owners and residents expect the American taxpayers to pay the repair bill and other losses. People need to, should be allowed to and even be encouraged to, protect their own property from the democrats who are rioting and looting.

Keith

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: KeithC] #6982245
09/04/20 12:46 AM
09/04/20 12:46 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline OP
trapper
wildflights  Offline OP
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by KeithC

I expect the business owners and residents expect the American taxpayers to pay the repair bill and other losses. People need to, should be allowed to and even be encouraged to, protect their own property from the democrats who are rioting and looting.

Keith

That is a questionable guess at best. I am a business owner in an urban area. We have seen protests that resulted in vandalism nearby. Insurance does not cover riot damage and I would have little expectation that the state, much less the Federal Government would pay me for such losses.

While I could spend nights in the shop protecting the property, I have little doubt about how the local municipality would handle it. In the end it makes little difference if you lose your business assets due to a fire set by rioters or through financial ruin being drug through the courts. I've thought about it and I don't see how standing guard is a prudent choice to make in Washington.

Last edited by wildflights; 09/04/20 12:48 AM.

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982246
09/04/20 12:50 AM
09/04/20 12:50 AM
east central WI
D
Dirty D Offline
trapper
Dirty D  Offline
trapper
D

east central WI
This happens because the "protesters" are getting political approval from the democrats and the media.

Without this approval they would not exist. All that has to happen is Democrats and the media condemn and demand that the law is enforced and it would stop. But they don't so you get what you see now.

The Democrats in cities for years have allowed antifa and blm to do what they want with no worry about law.

The media and BLM has repeated lied about nearly everyone of these supposedly abuses by the police.

Anyone that believes what comes out of the media after its repeated lying to the America is a fool.

Somehow once the facts are finally figured out a couple of days after they always are the opposite of what is initially portrayed.

Jacob Blake stole the keys from the woman who owned the vehicle after sexually assaulting her. He was armed with a knife, not just your ordinary kitchen knife mind you but a knife with finger grips similar to what is seen on brass knuckles.

The 3 kids in the car were not under his custody. If he drove off with the vehicle (auto theft) he would of been kidnapping the 3 kids.

In the end the shooting by the police was a good shoot and Kyle Rittenhouses shooting was self defense and he will get off on ALL charges despite what the media told you.

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982249
09/04/20 01:56 AM
09/04/20 01:56 AM
Champaign County, Ohio.
K
KeithC Offline
trapper
KeithC  Offline
trapper
K

Champaign County, Ohio.

Keith

That is a questionable guess at best. I am a business owner in an urban area. We have seen protests that resulted in vandalism nearby. Insurance does not cover riot damage and I would have little expectation that the state, much less the Federal Government would pay me for such losses.

While I could spend nights in the shop protecting the property, I have little doubt about how the local municipality would handle it. In the end it makes little difference if you lose your business assets due to a fire set by rioters or through financial ruin being drug through the courts. I've thought about it and I don't see how standing guard is a prudent choice to make in Washington.

I guessed that because hordes of liberal mayors and governors are asking for Federal money to rebuild the cities they let the young democrats destroy.

So what do you do? Do you just start again, with nothing, after everything you've worked for is destroyed? How can you stand to let them take almost everything from you?

Keith

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982267
09/04/20 05:10 AM
09/04/20 05:10 AM
N. Carolina
S
Scout1 Offline
trapper
Scout1  Offline
trapper
S

N. Carolina
? for you Wisconsonites, do you all have a castle doctrine, stand your ground? Would the gentleman with the fire extinguisher in the video been legally justified to shoot the thugs running out of his business?

-------------------------------------
DJT & MTG in 2024!
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: KeithC] #6982439
09/04/20 09:28 AM
09/04/20 09:28 AM
Washington
wildflights Offline OP
trapper
wildflights  Offline OP
trapper

Washington
Originally Posted by Scout1
? for you Wisconsonites, do you all have a castle doctrine, stand your ground? Would the gentleman with the fire extinguisher in the video been legally justified to shoot the thugs running out of his business?

No, at least not in Washington to shooting looters running out of a business.

I guessed that because hordes of liberal mayors and governors are asking for Federal money to rebuild the cities they let the young democrats destroy.

So what do you do? Do you just start again, with nothing, after everything you've worked for is destroyed? How can you stand to let them take almost everything from you?

Keith

We have those mayors here and our governor is at the top of the list for D-bag (Democrat) riot enablers. I would add that our state Attorney General and local prosecutors are also a huge concern. The AG has been instrumental in pursuing charges against people for their political and religious beliefs. Charges that have brought financial ruin.
Defending property here will bring financial ruin and likely incarceration in Washington. Defending your own life is almost as likely to incur the same.
I'll defend life and family at such risk. I won't defend business assets at such peril.

Note the old guy with the fire extinguisher in the posted video. That guy is letting his emotions rule his actions. While understandable his line of attack left him exposed, vulnerable and almost left him dead. A guy has got to keep his head to navigate these issues. Think through the scenarios and keep your head on a swivel. Don't let them get behind you. OPEN SPACE FAVORS THE MOB. If you're going to defend, defend from a confined space or with your back to a wall/vehicle.

If you're caught on the road, use your vehicle. Quick acceleration and hard braking appears to be an effective maneuver to break through without causing excessive harm. Fight from the vehicle. Crack the windows open on your car, it makes them harder to break. If the vehicle is disabled all bets are off and I believe suppressive fire will likely be required to get out of the area.

Know your local laws. These people film everything. In the Kyle Rittenhouse shooting, even the last guy shot in the arm was live streaming video right up through the shooting. Kyle will be exonerated because of it. The excessive prosecution is a threat to those that oppose the mob. Know going in that they intend to prosecute/persecute if you are not BLM.

These are my own thoughts regarding the cards being dealt. If there are flaws/shortcomings with the above statements, please share.

Last edited by wildflights; 09/04/20 09:33 AM.

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982449
09/04/20 09:41 AM
09/04/20 09:41 AM
North East Kansas
Marty Offline
trapper
Marty  Offline
trapper

North East Kansas
Bunch of people who have been raised playing violent video games and disparaging people on social media, both of which have no real consequences for them so they think that they can bring that behavior to the real world.....they have a rude awakening coming when they mess with the wrong people or someone actually takes the gloves off to deal with this. Just ask the wanna b bad boy from portland who is taking a dirt nap right now.

E
'Honey Badger Militia'
Sleep, the anti woke adote.
Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: Scout1] #6982458
09/04/20 09:52 AM
09/04/20 09:52 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Scout1

Yes we do. That furniture owner had his jaw broke. I think we've all seen people hit less and have died. It didn't seem like he had a gun and his first concern was putting out the blaze hence him turning the extinguisher on the rioters.

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: wildflights] #6982459
09/04/20 09:54 AM
09/04/20 09:54 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin

Keith

Just about all business insurance covers damage from riots/civil unrest.

Are businesses covered for property damage from riots?

Yes, they are. Business property that has been damaged by riot, civil commotion. vandalism and fire are covered under virtually all businessowners and commercial insurance property policies. This typically includes damage to windows, doors, light fixtures, store windows and plate glass on office fronts. There is also coverage for the contents of the building such as furniture, office supplies, computers or machinery that may be either damaged or stolen.

Should a business insure its building and contents at replacement value or actual cash value?

A business may have the option to insure its business property at replacement value or actual cash value. The difference is that replacement value coverage can help a business replace its property at market prices, whereas actual cash value coverage takes depreciation into account. Replacement value coverage costs more, but it also pays out more in the event of a claim.

What about loss of income?

Businesses that are forced to suspend operations or limit hours due to rioting, vandalism or civil commotion and have coverage for the loss of income under business income insurance (also known as business interruption, or BI) do have coverage. Coverage is typically triggered if there is direct physical damage to the premises.

What if a business is unable to access its property due to a government order? If there is a curfew in place, how will that impact a business?

While insurance policies vary, typically there is business interruption coverage for civil authority orders, such as curfews (when a business has reduced hours) or when a business is unable to access its property due to a government order requiring the business to close. Such coverage nearly always requires the existence of property damage within some limited geographic radius surrounding the policyholder’s location. This often ranges from 1 to 10 miles. Typically civil authority coverage has a waiting period of 24 to 72 hours, depending on the policy, before a policyholder can begin claiming the benefits of coverage. Coverage typically lasts up to four weeks, but the time period can be extended by paying an additional premium. However, once a curfew is lifted and business can resume, coverage ceases.

Re: Kenosha video footage [Re: dustytinner] #6982478
09/04/20 10:35 AM
09/04/20 10:35 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
Originally Posted by dustytinner
What is wrong with these people!!

they don't have bullets in them or gaping exit holes

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread