No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982212
09/03/20 10:57 PM
09/03/20 10:57 PM
ID
O
Ole Offline
trapper
Ole  Offline
trapper
O

ID
It does take maybe a couple weeks to a month for medications to help improve conditions. You have started down the path to success. Setbacks happen but it is the condition that is making you feel badly. It is the condition, not the real you. The real you will shine again. Congratulations, you are on your way!

Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982216
09/03/20 11:01 PM
09/03/20 11:01 PM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline
"Minka"
James  Offline
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
I agree with what Maintenance guy said. But don't rely on your primary care physician. It sounds like you might benefit from therapy, as well as meds. Therapists see a lot of people whose financial situation is partly driving their depression, and they are experts at helping to solve financial hardship.

A good psychiatrist can provide you with both therapy and meds, and he/she will be an expert on those meds and their side-effects. Your primary care doctor is not such an expert.

When you imagine your life insurance solving your financial problems, remember that these policies normally have suicide exclusions.

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982416
09/04/20 09:03 AM
09/04/20 09:03 AM
Canada
O
Ouananiche Offline
trapper
Ouananiche  Offline
trapper
O

Canada
I got lucky. i had problems my whole life. i've tried a variety of medications.
my father was a cop, i never tried it when i was young, i was scared of him and also being tested at olympic standards because i was barely good enough to redshirt on some really good programs haha.

anyways, i'm 37 and just learned that i have a form of synesthesia that drs haven't studied before. i have tried weed since legalization.
here's what i learned in small stroke without going in to what my synesthesia does. i've been tested up the wazoo my whole life and no one ever figured anything out except that i had exceptional spatial skills and other odd behaviours that no one ever put together until 37 years in.

i learned that alcohol makes synesthesia go away, and that's why i liked alcohol.
i learned that weed makes the anxiety surrounding synesthesia go away (it appears forever so far... i have no craving for alcohol now, because i don't have stress about the synesthesia, yes i'm aware this could be placebo, no it doesn't matter) so basically i'm not scared of it now, so i don't avoid it with alcohol, i just live with it. Kinda like in "A Beautiful Mind" but without the math genius segment of the brain.

i share all this so you know, there can still be answers, you are strong or you wouldn't have posted here, which is incredibly hard to do, but we can now see there's a lot of support here.

none of this will likely have anything to do with you, except that if you keep fighting you may find some answers, if you stop fighting you won't.

after covid some universities will be studying MRI's and such of brain for science because this phenomenon is generally unknown and i have a new version of it that has never been seen or studied. if people are curious i can answer questions about it, or make a post. it's pretty wild, i thought everyone that said they were "a visual learner" thought how i thought....

stay strong, keep reaching out, people will help you up if they can

I LITERALLY lived long enough for a diagnosis to exist... Others can too, just because we don't know, doesn't mean we won't... That's what my FAITH was. It wasn't a magical bearded man, it was a trust perhaps in what he created, it was trust in us, and i stuck around long enough to see that realized. I believe in science, but i believe in faith. It's just hope to me... Real, and legitimized hope and faith in whatever it takes for you to make it to day 2.

Last edited by Ouananiche; 09/04/20 09:27 AM.
Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982434
09/04/20 09:24 AM
09/04/20 09:24 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

There are major strides occurring in the treatment of psychological health in the past decade as major groups involved come together and assess where we are/how are we doing/where do we go from here, in a country stricken with mental health issues at a tremendously high level. I'm involved in such work here at seminary currently. In short, I'm learning of major advances and collaborative efforts between physical sciences and theology partners - with the goal being - better patient outcomes. Not just sticking folks on meds all the time.

Bottom line, an Integrative approach is now embraced (psychology science/physician + Christian counseling) by more clinicians and counselors because the synergy and results of having the two groups work together closely is helping more patients that either group alone could accomplish. As in all things, there are hold outs in both camps, as some "docs" of science believe that "science" answers all questions, and some "religious" believe that you just need the correct mind/body/soul of "religious effort" and you'll be 100%.

Let's consider, God is the creator of all, and there's still much we don't yet understand about the human mind and condition, true?
So;
Science should be used as much as possible
And so should faith counseling (the goal is not to "convert" anyone).

A good physician + a Christian counselors that work together on behalf of their patient is where I send my family. Why? Because two is better than one often. No absolutes in this topic, but our loved ones need to know advances are being discovered - by very dedicated pioneers in both areas of expertise.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: depression is real.... [Re: ] #6982440
09/04/20 09:29 AM
09/04/20 09:29 AM
Canada
O
Ouananiche Offline
trapper
Ouananiche  Offline
trapper
O

Canada
Originally Posted by Mark June
There are major strides occurring in the Tx of mental health in the past decade as major groups involved come together and assess where we are/how are we doing/where do we go from here, in a country stricken with mental health issues at a tremendously high level. I'm involved in such work here at seminary currently. In short, I'm learning of major advances and collaborative efforts between physical sciences and theology partners - with the goal being - better patient outcomes. Not just sticking folks on meds all the time.

Bottom line, an Integrative approach is now embraced (psychology science/physician + Christian counseling) by more clinicians and counselors because the synergy and results of having the two groups work together closely is healing many that either one group alone could not. As in all things, there are hold outs in both camps, as some "docs" of science believe that "science" answers all questions, and some "religious" believe that you just need the correct mind/body/soul of "religious effort" and you'll be 100%.

Let's consider, God is the creator of all, and there's still much we don't yet understand about the human mind and condition, true?
So;
Science should be used as much as possible
And so should faith counseling (the goal is not to "convert" anyone).

A good physician + a Christian counselors that work together on behalf of their patient is where I send my family. Why? Because two is better than one often. No absolutes in this topic, but our loved ones need to know advances are needed, and are being discovered by very dedicated pioneers in both areas of expertise.

Blessings,
Mark

Religions are often get overlooked as an excellent tool for guidance even for the unfaithful. There is a lot of wisdom there even without faith. And who knows where that will take you next.

Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982444
09/04/20 09:32 AM
09/04/20 09:32 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

^^^^^
True
When all sides quit saying, "I'm right, you're wrong," and work together (this is now happening more and more) than patients have a much better chance of better, quicker care.

Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982452
09/04/20 09:46 AM
09/04/20 09:46 AM
Montana/Florida
G
Gene Dziza Offline
trapper
Gene Dziza  Offline
trapper
G

Montana/Florida
Anxiety and depression seem to go hand in hand for some reason. What you are going through is likely simply a genetically influenced body dysfunction. The good news is, it's treatable by a good mental health professional. It can be a challenge to find the right medication(s), that will enable you to respond positively, especially when treating both anxiety and depression. If they prescribe a medication, sometimes it can exacerbate the symptoms of one of the disorders, but you have to hang in there to find the one(s) that works for you. Therapy, in my opinion, is a critical component of a treatment plan, as James stated. I'm a big believer in cognitive behavioral therapy.

You're taking the right steps to building a better you! Everyone of us on this board can use some of that, especially myself!

Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982549
09/04/20 12:35 PM
09/04/20 12:35 PM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
a huge thank you to everyones that has reached out , offerd advice.........or even just took the time to listen.

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982586
09/04/20 01:41 PM
09/04/20 01:41 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Secular psychoanalyst Karen Horney wrote back in the 1940's of the increasing anxiety in our society post WWII. She wrote in 1945, in her book (pg. 41), "Our Inner Conflicts;"

"Overdomination by parents, indifference, erratic treatment, lack of respect for the child's individual needs, lack of real guidance, disparaging attitude, too much admiration (or its absence), lack of encouragement and warmth from parents, too much (or too little) responsibility, overprotection, isolation (of parents) from their children, injustice, discrimination, unkept promises, hostile atmosphere, quarrelsome parents, and so on and so on. These factors leaving a child feeling insecure and basically anxious, 'helpless in a potentially hostile world.' "

With our cultural shifts since the 1940's, could we assume that anxiety and depression hasn't gone down since then? There are many variables in play, as Dr. Horney's research shows, and various professionals are putting their collective heads together on this huge, huge issue in our nation. There is often cause and effect, but one size fits all doesn't begin to handle the millions who now suffer, so an Integrative psychotherapy approach may be warranted.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6982688
09/04/20 04:46 PM
09/04/20 04:46 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
There is nothing that can't be overcome with a little help. You've been given good advice. Take it.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6984129
09/06/20 01:18 PM
09/06/20 01:18 PM
Illinois
foxkidd44 Offline OP
trapper
foxkidd44  Offline OP
trapper

Illinois
just letting ya'll know...i'm still here.....taking it day by day

Stand by your principles, Stand by your guns, and victory complete and permanent is sure at last.
Abraham Lincoln
Re: depression is real.... [Re: foxkidd44] #6984417
09/06/20 08:16 PM
09/06/20 08:16 PM
NC
G
GoGitter Offline
trapper
GoGitter  Offline
trapper
G

NC
Seems like the doctor told me it would take 3 weeks for an antidepressant to start working but I noticed a difference after only one week. We are praying for you buddy and it's obvious a lot of people on trapperman care about you.

Forgiveness is just a prayer away.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread