No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: ] #6985413
09/08/20 11:22 AM
09/08/20 11:22 AM
Oklahoma
We-Sa Offline
trapper
We-Sa  Offline
trapper

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Mark June
The analogy used often (rather than Venus and Mars) is males speak and hear in "blue" and females speak and hear in "pink." Big variance to be sure. How so?
Simplistic answer is;
Males work stuff out at an early age (boyhood) learning that face to face (blue) encounters are usually battles and we learn to avoid face to face. We are shoulders next to shoulders persons most often and females can't figure this blue action out. Sit on the couch next to each other. Go hunting walking side by side. Blue loves all this. To females it looks like nobody loves anybody or someone isn't paying attention in this stance! Often pink may even say blue, as two blues are "hanging out,".... "You guys getting along?" We say huh? Never better.

Why does pink ask that?
Because females bond/interact/fight/love face to face! Something blue learned early not to do because you might get a nose bleed!

So your daughter would prefer a face to face encounter/battle/whatever BUT all she wants to do is for her pink to see another pink or blue to take her seriously in the moment; AND be heard. Face to face. No judgement/yelling/confrontation from the blue (at this moment). The moment may not be sensible, but that is irrelevant to pink.

I have three daughters. When pink would flare (often during adolescence) I would invite them to sit down and while blue is too often angry when we are face to face (we mean biz in this stance... remember we like shoulder to shoulder) I would firmly but sincerely invite them to speak; My blue is listening to your pink.... looking squarely at them. Face to face. No phones allowed.

All the girls still remember those words. We used them often in our house!

Blessings!
Mark

Thanks Mark, we’ve got a granddaughter turning 13 next month and she stays with us a lot. I’ve unknowingly stumbled onto the edge of your advice and now it makes more sense.

adam m,
For whatever reason, I struggle with the “listening/de-escalation” thing so sometimes I just have to not do or say anything other than listen. If I open my mouth during this time the situation will south real quick, lol. Prayer sure helps me keep this in check and my mouth shut though. Fun times for sure

“I don't know, Chief, if he's very smart or very dumb.”
Capt. Quint
Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: We-Sa] #6985428
09/08/20 11:48 AM
09/08/20 11:48 AM
IA
T
teepee2 Offline
trapper
teepee2  Offline
trapper
T

IA
I think I said this on here before. Just remember you are as dumb as you are going to get when your daughters are teenagers. Hang on, it will get better. laugh

Last edited by teepee2; 09/08/20 11:49 AM.
Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985446
09/08/20 12:29 PM
09/08/20 12:29 PM
West coast of Iowa
I
iaduckhntr Offline
trapper
iaduckhntr  Offline
trapper
I

West coast of Iowa
Put a shock collar on em LOL I don't know, but good luck to you.
Dennis

Old 8 toes~~ life ITA and NRA member
Life in the fast lane is no place for a tricycle!
Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985454
09/08/20 12:46 PM
09/08/20 12:46 PM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
My daughter turned 13 in April. So far not any problems. I am hoping it continues to be this good but have my doubts. I am hoping that me not letting her have a phone or any kind of social media will help. I am real hard on her but we spend every hour that she is around together. We go put out deer Camaras, change the oil on the car and truck, shoot bows, go for wheeler rides, go fishing, anything to keep her busy. The i give her more chores then she can keep up with so she doesn't have time to act up. If she did she is afraid of how bad the whooping will be. She told me that she doesn't want to disappoint me because I am the only dad she will ever have and she knows my whooping will hurt. She is a way better kid then I was for sure. I am truly blessed.

Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985466
09/08/20 01:30 PM
09/08/20 01:30 PM
coastal ny
G
gcs Offline
trapper
gcs  Offline
trapper
G

coastal ny
From the wise words of a friend of mine, pertaining to women in general.."even the good ones short circuit now and then"

It's all pretty much been said, just remember they are individuals and one size don't fit all,
And they get better when they hit 30,. grin

Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985490
09/08/20 02:09 PM
09/08/20 02:09 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Take her cell phone away.
Will be amazed at how fast her attitude will change wink

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985505
09/08/20 02:49 PM
09/08/20 02:49 PM
michigan,USA
S
seniortrap Offline
trapper
seniortrap  Offline
trapper
S

michigan,USA
When my oldest daughter was home from Virginia this summer, she left me this. She has a 22 year old daughter and a 16 year-old son. grin

[Linked Image]

My middle child (daughter) she was the one who kept you up and watching closely. crazy She has an 18 year old daughter starting college.

Then my son was very much into adventure. Climbing 500 foot towers with no safety strap. He did tell me later he only went up about 150 feet. sick
He has 2 boys 13 & 9.

I guess we (wife and I) did mostly the right things.

Last edited by seniortrap; 09/08/20 02:50 PM.

Vietnam--1967 46th. Const./Combat Engineers

"Chaotic action is preferable to orderly inaction."
"After the first shot, all plans go out the window!"
Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985611
09/08/20 06:22 PM
09/08/20 06:22 PM
nm
A
adam m Offline OP
trapper
adam m  Offline OP
trapper
A

nm
bnb I take it away often. She is now really hating life that she can't go outside to play laugh

seniortrap, that is a great present for sure. So true. I thought I knew what love was until I saw my daughter and then each of my sons.

Mark thanks I gotta start handling this in a different approach and I gotta remember that we are wired completely different than girls/women.

gcs that is great. Thanks

Yup I gotta be slow to speak and quick to listen.

Thank you all I appreciate it.

Re: Daughters attitudes [Re: adam m] #6985769
09/08/20 09:00 PM
09/08/20 09:00 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
I've got all daughters, and am somehow mostly still sane.
It helps to realize right off the bat you're not going to understand, so don't even try. Just be patient and let them know you're there if needed.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread