No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: .204] #6965490
08/16/20 07:55 AM
08/16/20 07:55 AM
Minnesota
330-Trapper Offline

trapper
330-Trapper  Offline

trapper

Minnesota
Originally Posted by jwill
My question would be what specifically we as a nation need to repent of. I remember 9-11.The call to prayer and really nothing changed in the hearts of people. Near as I could tell. How do we get back to where our fathers intended?
Specifically, we have removed God as creator and replaced him with the god of evolution. Can that rabbit ever be stuffed back in the hat? The results of secular humanist evolutionary teaching in our schools has been devastating.
So I guess my question is what needs to change before God can once again bless this great nation?

Hearts

NRA and NTA Life Member
www.BackroadsRevised@etsy.com

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965521
08/16/20 08:27 AM
08/16/20 08:27 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Good question jwill. I've had this same discussion with several faithful already and we have differing answers, but the theme remains the same;

We all agree that we're a nation of multi-cultural individuals, forged together for these past 400 years, and blessed beyond our wildest measures in so many ways, most of which are material. Yet how can we know if America is truly a promised (capital P) land in the eyes of our Lord? There hasn't been a revelation to that effect.

So we repent of our own sins in biblical fashion (prayer over several days) as individuals and as families, so that hearts are changed as 330-Trapper mentioned. The hard-hearted will scoff as they always do, but we'll pray for them as well, because prayer for a nation is a corporate endeavor. All hands on deck so to speak.

Donna and I talk about our aim of humble, sincere, convicted repentance for our ungodly ways, and jubilant thankfulness to God, while once again committing ourselves to His Plan, however He might present it to each of us. His will, not ours.

It's a blessing to gather as one people and offer prayer to God, while many in our nation mock His name.

Like I mentioned before, it's about as basic as it gets.

I agree with my friend Chauncey, that all should be involved.

Blessings!
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965533
08/16/20 08:42 AM
08/16/20 08:42 AM
Va
B
bandy Offline
trapper
bandy  Offline
trapper
B

Va
My wife was telling me about this we talked about going don't know. You will love DC the wife and I went up for the cherry blossom festival a few years back.

No matter where you go there you are.
Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965580
08/16/20 09:41 AM
08/16/20 09:41 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Hope to see you there Bandy!
I hope it's too hard to find ya because of the all of the "we the people"

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965589
08/16/20 09:54 AM
08/16/20 09:54 AM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
I will keep those who go in prayer.

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965843
08/16/20 04:43 PM
08/16/20 04:43 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

jwill,

It's past time to take a stand for the principles and the ideals this country was founded on...
And it sure isn't NFL football anthems, pandemics that may or may not harm you, or a whole host of side bars that keep us side tracked, eyes off the ball, and grumbling about stuff that has much less priority in the list of life's big themes.

Saddle up, bucket up, or trapper up. The time is ever present for a banner and some good hard sand to plant it into!

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965860
08/16/20 04:57 PM
08/16/20 04:57 PM
Central montana
.204 Offline
trapper
.204  Offline
trapper

Central montana
I definately agree. I believe it may well be to late. We, as a country have millions of dead babies, innocent blood on our hands. We have rejected God as creator. Roman's 1 goes into that. I dont think God will just overlook. I believe there will have to be a change in our behavior as a nation for God to lift his judgement (abandonment)
As for me, I am in the fight each and every week being involved in a addiction ministry at our church. Trying to lead people out of bondage and into truth, one at a time!

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgement!
Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965862
08/16/20 05:00 PM
08/16/20 05:00 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Online content
trapper
trapdog1  Online Content
trapper
T

Iowa
No matter where you stand, trying to help people recover from addictions is a noble thing to do, jwill.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6965888
08/16/20 05:32 PM
08/16/20 05:32 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

jwill,

Helping the least among us is rewarding to all involved but is His Kingdom command;

When we read Jesus' parables in Matthew 25, we get a glimpse of how it all should be and how labors like yours are worthy beyond what we can know;

But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, then He will sit on His glorious throne. All the nations will be gathered before Him; and He will separate them from one another, as the shepherd separates the sheep from the goats; and He will put the sheep on His right, and the goats on the left. Then the King will say to those on His right, ‘Come, you who are blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. For I was hungry, and you gave Me something to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave Me something to drink; I was a stranger, and you invited Me in; naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.’ Then the righteous will answer Him, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry, and feed You, or thirsty, and give You something to drink? And when did we see You a stranger, and invite You in, or naked, and clothe You? When did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’

Keep up the kingdom work brother.
Blessings!
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: .204] #6981446
09/03/20 12:05 AM
09/03/20 12:05 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by jwill
My question would be what specifically we as a nation need to repent of. I remember 9-11.The call to prayer and really nothing changed in the hearts of people. Near as I could tell. How do we get back to where our fathers intended?
Specifically, we have removed God as creator and replaced him with the god of evolution. Can that rabbit ever be stuffed back in the hat? The results of secular humanist evolutionary teaching in our schools has been devastating.
So I guess my question is what needs to change before God can once again bless this great nation?

The closer someone gets to God, the more humble you become. That process shows the created how sinful we are, and how glorious God is. This is why Moses called himself the humblest man on the earth, for he saw God, and now better understood his own sinful nature.

During this weekend, we'll pray for God to forgive our individual sins as a citizen of the US, and ask him to humble us through the power of the Holy Spirit. We'll also thank Him for the Son, who died in our place, as all are guilty of death - the wages of sin. We'll pray for our families and your families, asking God to please lift this nation up for His purpose, not ours. All we see is people all around us who are greedy, power-hungry, and more, and we ache for a peace, and comfort from all of it if it is His Will. And a bunch of prayer for just plain thanks for what we have, what He gives us every day. May we better help the least among us, especially the orphan and the widow.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6981787
09/03/20 12:37 PM
09/03/20 12:37 PM
MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
T
Trapper7 Offline
trapper
Trapper7  Offline
trapper
T

MN, Land of 10,000 Lakes
Our prayers are with you, Mark. Please report back to us on your return. May the Lord be with you!

The difference between animals and humans is that animals would never let the dumbest ones lead the pack.
Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6982222
09/03/20 11:17 PM
09/03/20 11:17 PM
Nevada
B
billcat Offline
trapper
billcat  Offline
trapper
B

Nevada
God did bless this country, through the hands and hearts of those who wrote the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6982236
09/03/20 11:58 PM
09/03/20 11:58 PM

B
bleeohio OP
Unregistered
bleeohio OP
Unregistered
B

Jonathan can is awesome, I listen to him quite a bit.

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: Trapper7] #6982239
09/04/20 12:06 AM
09/04/20 12:06 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Trapper7
Our prayers are with you, Mark. Please report back to us on your return. May the Lord be with you!

You can count on it Trapper7.
DC has been a bit hectic, so who knows what the Christians will encounter as they head to the National Mall, but it's time to gather as one, unified voice in front of the White House and DC politicians and pray for our country in 2 Chronicles 7:14 fashion;
and My people who are called by My name humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

I don't have TMan on my iPhone, but perhaps I could text pics to someone and they could post on here as the day unfolds in Washington?

Oh and I notice some here are in lament, and seem to have lost hope in the future of our nation, based on all that the news portrays. Who can say? But I do know the answer to; "How many soldiers does God need to win a battle?"
Answer = "Zero."
He just needs more in our land to "Return" and chase after Him when we stumble, and when we fall, instead of all the false idols all around us.

As billcat points out, our nation was founded by Godly men and women, who publicly and valiantly declared our freedoms as emanating from God, not man, and drafted that language into the very fabric of the founding documents.

Call Donna and me old fashioned, but we agree 100%.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6983927
09/06/20 07:58 AM
09/06/20 07:58 AM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Getting a few PMs asking me about repentance and a general message here might help clarify some of them.

Repentance is certainly about being sorry for individual sins, but it's much more than that. Heart changing repentance, the type that really sinks to the affections we have, the sin under the rest of the sins, is usually identified as our self-salvation project.

First, obviously if we are willfully sinning, we should seek not to do wrong things (general term of course - lying, stealing), but what about our right things? Here's a big awakening for many. Healing starts with repentance, and repentance starts with confessing the things besides God that you have been relying on for your hope, significance, and security, the motivation behind our "good works." We love these things that we have created, that we place #1 in our lives, usually way out in front of God in our heart's priorities = sinful. Loving things is blessed. Loving them because I am captain of my ship to all manner of prosperity is not.

Second, we trust. Not in what we are able to do, but what Christ already did.

A repentant prayer isn't so much saying someone is "sorry" and I won't do it again. That's not possible. A prayer of repentance is built upon a humble request for God to find us, He is the great shepherd and we are need of a great shepherd. We pray He finds us, rather than us using all our right things to find him.

Some are asking me about biblical teachings, and I gotta admit, I have very few answers for some of you, since you PM a lifetime of experiences and this, thats, and the others. Here's about all I got: Tim Keller, pastor and teacher in downtown Manhattan, NY, an area where you can't hardly build an orthodox (traditional historical values) Christian church, but yet he and others have planted many that are thriving, says it well;

The issue on which everything hangs is not whether or not you like God's teaching but whether or not He rose from the dead. - "The Reason for God" - Tim Keller. (this is a great book)

Blessings on a Sunday!
Mark

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6984148
09/06/20 01:42 PM
09/06/20 01:42 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

This was in the mailbox yesterday.

[Linked Image]

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6985498
09/08/20 02:30 PM
09/08/20 02:30 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Mark June
A worthy goal is to better understand the fallen world, or what the faithful call sin.
But the battle with sin (right and wrong) is not in the courtroom (as many are taught = judicial)
but rather in the living room (relational).
What have we placed in front of our relationship with God, others, nature and ourselves (in that divinely created - specific order).
This isn't a question, as much as it's a fact.
Sin separates all of us from God.

We're all good as individuals and as a society of putting first things last, and last things first. We'll pray God helps us be better at flipping that around.

[Linked Image]

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6985514
09/08/20 03:19 PM
09/08/20 03:19 PM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
Will be nice to see that many God fearing Christians in one place peacefully praying for our country

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6985627
09/08/20 06:48 PM
09/08/20 06:48 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

^^^^ So true

Re: Sept 26 - The faithful are headed to Washington DC [Re: ] #6985634
09/08/20 06:56 PM
09/08/20 06:56 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
I truly hope it goes well. In today's world, I'll be surprised if there isn't some negativity show up. I hope for the best. We do need help as a people for sure.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread