No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: BvrRetriever] #6986376
09/09/20 03:19 PM
09/09/20 03:19 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by BvrRetriever
Originally Posted by white17
No big deal. Just don't be in a rush to resume "normal activities"............. don't ask how I know

I've been putting this off because I'm afraid "normal activities" might not be "normal" anymore...I'm afraid of a "new normal" that might not be as good as the "normal." I like huntin' with a loaded gun.

Don't worry about it !!

Mean As Nails
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986377
09/09/20 03:24 PM
09/09/20 03:24 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Its not a big issue, only person I know that had issues figured an 8 hour car ride would equal laying on the couch.

My biggest issue was why do they keep the room so cold with all those nurses stopping in to see whats going on LOL

FYI we are gelding stud horses today at work, want a video of what to expect LOL

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986378
09/09/20 03:26 PM
09/09/20 03:26 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
My wife is the admissions clerk for our hospital day surgery. That was fun, all her work acquaintances gathering around. "No honestly it's really chilli in here."

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986385
09/09/20 03:31 PM
09/09/20 03:31 PM
ND
DakotaBoy Offline OP
trapper
DakotaBoy  Offline OP
trapper

ND
Lol, some of your responses are pure gold, thanks for the light-hearted attitudes fellas. It helps to hear some of these stories. Thankfully,I don't believe I'll have to worry about knowing anyone there, or them knowing me. Maybe I can request the room be a comfortable 80°F? grin

"Pretty cocky for a starving pilgrim!"
"An elk don't know how many legs a horse has!"
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986388
09/09/20 03:35 PM
09/09/20 03:35 PM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by DakotaBoy
Lol, some of your responses are pure gold, thanks for the light-hearted attitudes fellas. It helps to hear some of these stories. Thankfully,I don't believe I'll have to worry about knowing anyone there, or them knowing me. Maybe I can request the room be a comfortable 80°F? grin

Have a couple bags of frozen peas on hand and a stack of movies. Hit the couch for a couple days and enjoy some guilt free convalescing.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986395
09/09/20 03:41 PM
09/09/20 03:41 PM
Michigan
T
Trapper Dahlgren Offline
trapper
Trapper Dahlgren  Offline
trapper
T

Michigan
nothing to it , just don't do anything for a few days ,an get two bags of frozen pea's ,so you can rotate them

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: BvrRetriever] #6986401
09/09/20 03:46 PM
09/09/20 03:46 PM
Piney va. soon be 19
cotton Offline
trapper
cotton  Offline
trapper

Piney va. soon be 19
No big deal. Just don't be in a rush to resume "normal activities"............. don't ask how I know

I've been putting this off because I'm afraid "normal activities" might not be "normal" anymore...I'm afraid of a "new normal" that might not be as good as the "normal." I like huntin' with a loaded gun.

Lol it will make "normal " even better, no worries about making a baby

John 3/16

ifin your gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough
VTA life member

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986410
09/09/20 04:00 PM
S/W Mich.
Dillrod Offline
trapper
Dillrod  Offline
trapper

S/W Mich.
Mid 80's for me.
Surgery and recovery went smoothly.
Developed issues after a couple months with a nagging minor testicular pain.
After a doctor's visit I decided I could handle an occasional tenderness on one side.
Option being a possible re-entry and a redo.
No was my answer.
Surgery did its job , so I quit while I was ahead.

"Some Domestication Required "

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986411
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Mine didn't go as smooth as most. Ill spare u the details but will say it was just some unnecessary pain during the procedure. The dr was worried I was going to hit him by the look on his face.No issues beyond that..

Never mind ill share the details as they are a little humorous now that its over. Evidently they had some unknown grounding issues with the instrument they do the coderization(spelling) with and I felt an electronic shock from my groin to both ends of my body. I think I came 2 foot off the table. No other instrument in the office and we had to finish. I suggested a lighter and hot knife but dr wouldn't go for it. I had to endure because there was no backing up at that point. And I dont like electricity any way. I made the dr vow to have that instrument worked before next procedure.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986412
09/09/20 04:03 PM
09/09/20 04:03 PM
WISCONSIN
W
Wild_WI Offline
trapper
Wild_WI  Offline
trapper
W

WISCONSIN
I had it done last year... Worst experience of my life, the used a local anistetic that didn't work on me the first slice I was screaming my head off. 13 shots of local anistetic and still felt the whole thing. Doc didn't believe me until I could catch my breath long enough to tell em exactly where they were cutting... So ya not a fun experience I would recommend you have them put you all the way under

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: Yes sir] #6986419
09/09/20 04:11 PM
09/09/20 04:11 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Mine didn't go as smooth as most. Ill spare u the details but will say it was just some unnecessary pain during the procedure. The dr was worried I was going to hit him by the look on his face.No issues beyond that..

Never mind ill share the details as they are a little humorous now that its over. Evidently they had some unknown grounding issues with the instrument they do the coderization(spelling) with and I felt an electronic shock from my groin to both ends of my body. I think I came 2 foot off the table. No other instrument in the office and we had to finish. I suggested a lighter and hot knife but dr wouldn't go for it. I had to endure because there was no backing up at that point. And I dont like electricity any way. I made the dr vow to have that instrument worked before next procedure.

I had that exact same thing happen to me. I had unknowingly let my hand drop to the metal frame of the gurney and completed the circuit !! ( The incision was being made with a tiny arc welder. My skin was so tough it required 220 volts to make the incision.) Anyway........the first side went fine but a couple of circuit breakers popped when he struck the arc on the left side. So did my eyes !!

Mean As Nails
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: Dillrod] #6986420
09/09/20 04:12 PM
09/09/20 04:12 PM
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

white17  Offline

W

McGrath, AK
Originally Posted by Dillrod
Mid 80's for me.
Surgery and recovery went smoothly.
Developed issues after a couple months with a nagging minor testicular pain.
After a doctor's visit I decided I could handle an occasional tenderness on one side.
Option being a possible re-entry and a redo.
No was my answer.
Surgery did its job , so I quit while I was ahead.

I didn't have any minor testicles so there was no issue of pain laugh

Mean As Nails
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: Wild_WI] #6986421
09/09/20 04:13 PM
09/09/20 04:13 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Wild_WI
I had it done last year... Worst experience of my life, the used a local anistetic that didn't work on me the first slice I was screaming my head off. 13 shots of local anistetic and still felt the whole thing. Doc didn't believe me until I could catch my breath long enough to tell em exactly where they were cutting... So ya not a fun experience I would recommend you have them put you all the way under

After I levitated 2 foot off the table and said a few curse words(and im not one for much cursing) and screamed I can feel that, the dr replied (out of my arms reach) I can see that.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986426
09/09/20 04:21 PM
09/09/20 04:21 PM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I got spectators , 4 young ladies in nursing school. it was a very full procedure room at the Dr office

my Doc was old school had been doing it with 2 incisions one on each side cut out about an inch of the vasdefrin out and cotterise both ends then tuck the ends back in and a stitch on each side.

I was 31 we had 3 live healthy kids and 2 still born , we decided to quit while we were ahead and the mental strain and such on the wife was hard.

3 pieces of advice I wish I had had.

1 ice , like keep a cooler in the car with ice to ice the boys the second your out of the DR office. don't bounce down country roads for 45 minutes to get home with no ice.
2 jock strap holds them up and that helps.
3 do not have it done the week before deer season where you will be walking 10 miles a day.

the DR said you will be back to normal in a week well his normal and my normal may have been different. I still hunted but things got a bit sore by the end of a day of doing drives.

also the worst part is the shot that numbs it up , good lord that burns for about 30 seconds

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 09/09/20 04:23 PM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: BvrRetriever] #6986427
09/09/20 04:23 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri

that dont come along for about 15 years then your testosterome starts dropping off .and needs suplemented

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: chas3457] #6986428
higginsville, mo
H
headache73 Offline
trapper
headache73  Offline
trapper
H

higginsville, mo
Originally Posted by chas3457
First off, when I got there the Dr. asked if it was ok that the new female Dr. come in and observe. Oh Geeze ! blush First (and ALWAYS BEST) inclination was to say NO, but I figured with what women have to through with male Dr.s, I said okay.

Dr said you will feel a little 'pinch' as he deadened the area. Snip snip, suture, right side done. Not something I would recommend for 'light entertainment' but easily 'do-able' .

THEN the Dr asked the 'new girl' if she wanted to do the left side. eek Hey ! That wasn't part of the original deal, but not wanting to hurt her feelings, I didn't protest. (Big Mistake.).

I am certain she pulled out enough cord to hook it over my foot so she could work on it, sick I seriously thought she was trying to pull a lung out while she was there. cry

The 'heal up' was pretty much as described above, other than the 'emotional trauma'. I guess it makes a good story though. (All true) grin

Charlie

I didn't have a student, but otherwise my story is pretty close lol. Dr gave me some valium, I didn't really care what they were doing down there. But when he pulled that second cord out, it felt like it was attached to the top of my skull. I sat straight up and yelled lol. Started sweating and bout got sick. After that, few days of frozen peas and everything was good

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986429
09/09/20 04:24 PM
09/09/20 04:24 PM
Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
Hodagtrapper Offline
Muskrat Master
Hodagtrapper  Offline
Muskrat Master

Northern Wisconsin,Rhinelander
I did have an issue and since it was 26 years ago I am willing to share. The procedure went fine and I was home resting on the couch by noon. Around 3 that afternoon, I had the urge to pass a deuce and usually that is not a problem except this time. It was reluctant to come out and I strained real hard to make things happen and the next thing I know I am waking up on the floor in front of the toilet with the wife standing over me half concerned and half wanting to film the proceedings! My shorts were around my ankles and after a little while my dear wife, who did not film things, helped me back to a seated position. The side of my face and head was very sore as I found out I had struck the top edge of the bathtub on the way down. Somewhere in the distance I heard Howard Cosell's voice yelling "Down go's Frazier, down go's Frazier." Next day it looked like I lost to Frazier as my face and eye were solid black and blue! Other than that it was a piece of cake!

Chris blush

>>In God we trust<<
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: GREENCOUNTYPETE] #6986430
09/09/20 04:25 PM
09/09/20 04:25 PM
Lufkin, Tx.
L
Lufkin Trapper Offline
trapper
Lufkin Trapper  Offline
trapper
L

Lufkin, Tx.
I had no problem whatsoever with pain or complications. The only thing that hurt was, as the nurse was giving me the local injection, she said "little prick". Not really sure how to take that.lol

Billy
Member # 16.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986441
09/09/20 04:43 PM
09/09/20 04:43 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Did Y'all change your name to Caitlin too?

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: Boco] #6986443
09/09/20 04:53 PM
09/09/20 04:53 PM
ND
DakotaBoy Offline OP
trapper
DakotaBoy  Offline OP
trapper

ND
Originally Posted by Boco
Did Y'all change your name to Caitlin too?

Nope, we just don't let the dust settle on our equipment long enough not to have to worry about it! wink

"Pretty cocky for a starving pilgrim!"
"An elk don't know how many legs a horse has!"
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread