No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986459
09/09/20 05:20 PM
09/09/20 05:20 PM
Southern Indiana
H
Hoosier71 Offline
trapper
Hoosier71  Offline
trapper
H

Southern Indiana
My advice would be to take it easy as long as possible. I tried to work (which involves a lot of walking) on the 5th day. It set me back and I was pretty sore for another 10 days or so. Ice - lots of ice.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986481
09/09/20 05:50 PM
09/09/20 05:50 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

The best part of the whole deal is "brown bag day". whistle

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986485
09/09/20 05:55 PM
09/09/20 05:55 PM
NW Mo
M
Michael Lippold Offline
trapper
Michael Lippold  Offline
trapper
M

NW Mo
I had it done this spring, procedure wasn’t a big deal. Iced peas are a great idea. I felt great the first day just a little sore, I sat around and watched the whole lonesome dove dvd. The next day dad mentioned going to town to buy a new trailer so I said I’m feeling fine I’ll drive. Bouncing around in the truck and crawling in and out of the truck made me real sore the next day. Other than that I got along great

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: ] #6986496
09/09/20 06:03 PM
09/09/20 06:03 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted by J Staton

But your only allowed to drop it off once not once a week or so I was told LOL

Last edited by nvwrangler; 09/09/20 06:03 PM.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: nvwrangler] #6986500
09/09/20 06:06 PM
09/09/20 06:06 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

Originally Posted by nvwrangler
Originally Posted by J Staton

But your only allowed to drop it off once not once a week or so I was told LOL

It is a bit humbling carrying the brown bag through the hospital to the drop off point. blush

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986519
09/09/20 06:22 PM
09/09/20 06:22 PM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
I did the same thing Hoosier did. I went back to work the 2nd day. Shingling a roof of all things. I took the next week off. The only thing more humiliating than a brown bag trip is the pretty receptionist giving you a cup and pointing you towards a bathroom and saying there are magazines there if you need them. Wouldn't you know they didn't have any trapping magazines there.

Wish I had more time to trap....
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: strike2x] #6986523
09/09/20 06:26 PM
09/09/20 06:26 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted by strike2x
I did the same thing Hoosier did. I went back to work the 2nd day. Shingling a roof of all things. I took the next week off. The only thing more humiliating than a brown bag trip is the pretty receptionist giving you a cup and pointing you towards a bathroom and saying there are magazines there if you need them. Wouldn't you know they didn't have any trapping magazines there.

The nerve! Telling a fella that there are magazines in the bathroom, and non of them are trapping magazines. Tell me there was at least a field and stream or something?

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986526
09/09/20 06:29 PM
09/09/20 06:29 PM
Killingly, CT
Brian Mongeau Offline
trapper
Brian Mongeau  Offline
trapper

Killingly, CT
I have NOT had it done. Almost did 27 yrs ago. Some of you are making me cringe for the reasons I was concerned about. Just something about a Dr. holding a knife in one hand and my boys in the other.

Anyway, my best friend Tom had it done. He thought it all went well and no pain at all. So, to celebrate, when he got home, he hopped on his Honda Goldwing and went for a two hour ride. I had a hard time keeping a straight face as he told me his boys were the size of grapefruits when the ride was over and in pain for days. I'd recommend not going for a motorcycle ride directly afterwards.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986531
09/09/20 06:33 PM
09/09/20 06:33 PM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
I have had 2 vasectomy because I had it reversed 2 times. When I had it done the first time I watched. It goes fast. My friends ask why I didn't just have a valve installed.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986532
09/09/20 06:34 PM
09/09/20 06:34 PM
Houghton Lake, MI
strike2x Offline
trapper
strike2x  Offline
trapper

Houghton Lake, MI
No sporting magazines.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986537
09/09/20 06:38 PM
Eastern Nebraska
Y
yote_trapper20 Offline
trapper
yote_trapper20  Offline
trapper
Y

Eastern Nebraska
Had mine done in March. Was the same weekend as the opening weekend of March madness until it got cancelled. Had a smoking hot nurse showing a new hire the prep. Cold room or not it was difficult to stay “calm” due to the extra handling involved with training and showing the the new hire the steps. The actual procedure went fine except for the doctor started without everything being fully numb. That first squeeze and snip I felt everything. Was in and out in 30. My doctor required a three month period and minimum of 20 “events” before I got tested. He stated that normally if the tubes tie back together it will be in the first three months. Dropped my sample off almost three months to the day in June and got the all clear call before I even got home. So far I have no residue pain or discomfort from the procedure although it sounds like some has experienced that at random times in the future. I did nothing but ice and rest for the first two days after. The third thru seventh day I did light stuff only. After that while tender for another couple weeks with any quick movements, etc everything was good to go. Didn’t even use the pain meds prescribed.

1) Jockstrap or some other form of support will be your friend for awhile after your procedure. I think I wore mine for a full 7 days.
2) Get two bags of peas to alternate for the first couple of days. I was also told rice in tied off nylons work.
3) Under no circumstances jump on or off of anything For awhile after. It will be painful.
4) Almost forgot to add. Make sure to trim the boys before you go. Otherwise they are likely to do it in the office with a dry and cheap razor.

Essentially under my research it seemed those who pushed it to far to early were more likely to have issues.

Have fun with it. I nearly had my wife convinced the sample submitted had to have saliva in it for accurate results until she asked a couple coworkers who’s husbands had the procedure done.

Last edited by yote_trapper20; 09/09/20 06:40 PM.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986538
Iowa
trapperjdb Offline
trapper
trapperjdb  Offline
trapper

Iowa
Best thing I ever did. Had it done on a Friday, went to a wedding reception the next Saturday night, even did a little slow dancing with no problems. Back to work on Monday, full duty.

ITA, NRA & NTA member

Short liner and proud of it.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986541
09/09/20 06:41 PM
09/09/20 06:41 PM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
You can always ask your wife to check the incisions even years later

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986585
09/09/20 07:15 PM
09/09/20 07:15 PM
Southeast NY
G
Goneinsixty Offline
trapper
Goneinsixty  Offline
trapper
G

Southeast NY
Well guys, I rarely post here and hardly ever sign in but I visit the site daily and have for years.

Anyway... This topic has forced me to post . HAHA Let me set the stage. Doc tells me its a quick procedure and can be done in the office. Sooo i show up the day of the appt. and they bring me to the room. Ask me to strip down and place a gown on. I follow their request. Now they ask me to get on a stainless steel table with stirrups. The doc walks in and says his assistants will get me ready and he'll be right back. Well that's when the fun started. I'm on the table with my feet in the stirrups and my gown now up by my chest. My bottom end is hanging off the end of the table along with other things. The four nurses start to prep me. The four nurses prepped me with the brown cleaning stuff from belly button to my lower back. Well the doc walks in as they are finishing up and I'm trying to play it cool...put my hands behind my head like saying this is no big deal. In reality I'm scared to death. Doc looks at me and says don't even try to get comfortable, Its not gonna happen. So the procedure starts. He says you're going to feel a little pressure. He grabs one of the boys and isolates it. He proceeds to stick a needle in that seemed to be 6-7" long at the time. Pressure is not what I felt! He finishes that side and the worst part is knowing that the second one is coming. It did! Same feeling. Good God! Finally finishes and says a little ice for a couple of days on and off you'll be good. Two days later after Icing as instructed I had a grapefruit the color of an eggplant where my boys used to be. I wore sweat pants for a week (I don't wear sweat pants) and iced myself for hours daily.... And that was it. No big deal. I say go for it.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986605
09/09/20 07:31 PM
09/09/20 07:31 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
I was fortunate mine was done by the small town dr and he didn't need any nurses in the room with us. Wife wanted to watch and she's a nurse but didn't help. I did tell them to be quite when she start asking questions about things happening down there. I told them I didn't want to hear about what was happening.

Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986611
09/09/20 07:35 PM
09/09/20 07:35 PM
west virginia
W
wvmntnhick Offline
trapper
wvmntnhick  Offline
trapper
W

west virginia
Had it done a while back. Actually, not long after my back surgery. Got it done in a Friday. Was back to work Monday. Actually had no issues at all if I’m being honest. Have another buddy that things went totally fine for according to him. However, 2 other fellas I know, both good friends, had bad experiences. One has some severe bruising. The other, severe swelling. Neither regret the decision though. Personally, it was $250 week spent in my book.

I would add that the doctor was a customer of mine which made things slightly awkward. And, numbing agents don’t work on me as well as they do others. After the right side was done I’d asked him hire much I was supposed to be feeling. He said “a tug at best.” I told him I felt the incision very plainly and the rest was worse. He gave me 3 more shots to not much avail. Told him to just get it done because I’d already come that far. He apologized but it wasn’t really in his control. We’d discussed the issue before and I knew it was a possibility. Same issues with getting teeth worked on. Just grit my teeth and bare it.

Last edited by wvmntnhick; 09/09/20 07:39 PM.

I keep desperately hoping that one day someone will call me "Sir" without adding "please calm down" or "you're causing a scene."
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: strike2x] #6986639
09/09/20 08:06 PM
09/09/20 08:06 PM
New Hampshire
N
Nessmuck Offline
trapper
Nessmuck  Offline
trapper
N

New Hampshire
Originally Posted by strike2x

They had this pic in the rest room.....filled that cup in no time ! [Linked Image]

It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986647
09/09/20 08:15 PM
09/09/20 08:15 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yeah, I'm out...I'd just have more kids. After 3 wifey said she was done, I wanted another one, but she won...she was in a "woman" type of situation, so SHE had the procedure done, Thanks be to God!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986654
09/09/20 08:21 PM
09/09/20 08:21 PM
Northern lower Michigan
Feedinggrounds Offline
trapper
Feedinggrounds  Offline
trapper

Northern lower Michigan
I almost had it done 30 + years ago...Drinking a few beers with my rabbit hunting buddy the week before. Told him my plans, he laughed then got serious. Said come here, showed me two of the most sleepy fat beagles I ever saw, Bobo and Willie. He said those two were the horniest rabbit dogs he ever had, a female in heat within 2 miles they would bark and howl for a week. He took them boys and had their nuts cut. They now are now his wifes lap dogs and lost complete desire to hunt! Best rabbits dogs he ever had, said he ruin them, and wife wouldn't let him get rid of them. Long story short, I still hunt, have live ammo, and still do the boogie every chance I get.

you're only allowed so many sunrises... I aim to see every one of them!
Re: Vasectomy Scheduled.... [Re: DakotaBoy] #6986682
09/09/20 08:48 PM
09/09/20 08:48 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
No wonder the immigrants are outbreeding y'all.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread