No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Health Insurance at 62 [Re: andrews1958] #6988784
09/12/20 04:01 PM
09/12/20 04:01 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
Insurance is based on the assumption of transferred risk. You transfer your risk to the insurance company for an agreed premium. At 62 it is an expensive trade. I especially know, because I used to sell small group insurance policies back in the days of medical underwriting. Women were more expensive than men too.

I am on Medicare now, but know the risks. Last year in nine months I had a colon resection, followed my a kidney removal. Both cancer surgeries. Then I had a 13” incision up the middle to repair a hernia from the colon surgery. That nine months would have bankrupted me without Medicare, a Supplement, and Tricare. I was 72, rather than 62. An infected knee replacement in 2006 was even worse. Ten weeks in a rehab facility on IVs, then physical rehab for years and finally a second knee in 2012 that was no better. Disabled.

Hard decision you must make. Maybe you can get 18 months of COBRA.

Re: Health Insurance at 62 [Re: andrews1958] #6988817
09/12/20 04:44 PM
09/12/20 04:44 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

We pay $500 and change a month for both of us and we assume (I think) the first $11,800 each year (deductible - sort of). We don't use health care much so paying the $15,000 a year to UHC (with a $10,000 deductible) was crazy.

Your rates are determined by age. Young folks, it's super inexpensive.

I don't know about when I turn 65. I'll visit that in 3 years.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread