No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Land survey question? [Re: BernieB.] #6990094
09/14/20 09:18 AM
09/14/20 09:18 AM
sometimes PA sometimes ME
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

Originally Posted by BernieB.
Interesting I was just thinking about this today. According to the county GIS website, a small corner of my neighbor's building is on my side of the line. Now he just cleared some trees and put down a gravel pad to build another new building and it looks like it's even a little more on my side of the line, just by eyeballing it. I cannot find the corner marker and I suppose one of us would have to pay to find the survey marker and determine where the actual line is. I know the GIS lines are not perfect we would have to get a surveyor to know for sure. But I would like to do something before he builds the building and I want to know my options before I go talk to him. Any suggestions?

GIS = Get it Surveyed

Re: Land survey question? [Re: traprjohn] #6990097
09/14/20 09:20 AM
09/14/20 09:20 AM
E
ebsurveyor Offline
trapper
ebsurveyor  Offline
trapper
E

Originally Posted by traprjohn
Originally Posted by salemtrapper
I know nothing about the laws and get most my information from tv shows lol.. .

so ya come to trappers? instead of a Real Estate lawyer? , since it varies so much from state to state.?

An EASEMENT would probably fix it. there's only a dozen types, too.

should it come down to it i might approach neighbor like this...face to face.

hello, it appears your fence is over the boundary, according to the survey, and the last thing i want, is for you to have to move your fencing. What do you propose?

then, tell him you want to think it over, and will get back to him....AFTER consulting the lawyer i mentioned above.

Attorneys can help determine ownership. Surveyors can help show on the ground where boundary lines are.

Re: Land survey question? [Re: salemtrapper] #6990112
09/14/20 09:29 AM
09/14/20 09:29 AM
Manitoba
N
Northof50 Online mad
trapper
Northof50  Online Mad
trapper
N

Manitoba
Good advise EB
sure glad they went to sections out west here, and not height of land etc as in the east

A good surveyor has to be able to read and decipher a note book that is written with mitts on and @-40c weather over 100 years ago. OH did I mention that a little EtOH was in the system, so you had to know how long they had been out and what ratios were still available to effect the hand writing.

Re: Land survey question? [Re: salemtrapper] #6990182
09/14/20 10:53 AM
09/14/20 10:53 AM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline OP
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline OP
trapper
S

missouri
Traprjohn I'm not taking legal advice from anyone just asking questions, that never hurts to ask maybe someone has dealt with this situation and could give me their experience on where I should start. As I stated I didn't have it surveyed my uncle did. This fence line has been there before I was born never questioned it not really worried about it. As far ask what his deeds says I have no idea I haven't even talked to the neighbor about it, because I'm not that worried. When and if I do think it is that serious I will call a lawyer. Why I'm asking questions to see if it can become problem. I'll never sell my part of the family farm and the neighbor won't sell his, but when his kids take over after he is gone they will in a heartbeat.

Re: Land survey question? [Re: salemtrapper] #6990503
09/14/20 05:21 PM
09/14/20 05:21 PM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
You guys are really hung up on adverse possession. You might want to look up acquiescence as it relates to unknown boundary lines. Keeping in mind that it has been stated that the property wasn't surveyed at the time of the original conveyance.

formerly posting as white dog
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread