Strictly Trapping

No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Trading Post
(Please support F&T Trading Post, our sponsor for the Trapping Only Forum)

TrappersPost
Please support Trappers post, a sponsor of the Strictly Trapping Forum

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Getting ready for the season [Re: concrete man] #6990237
09/14/20 11:59 AM
09/14/20 11:59 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Concretman those anchor ends in pic are bought. I already had a jillion feet of cable here and a supply of double ferrules so I just ordered 4 dozen super stake bullet style anchor ends only from MN Trapline and went to work pounding them out into nice 18" anchors. Some of ground we trap on is plowed corn and bean fields and these hold well even if it rains and ground gets soft. Some areas are hay fields that haven't been plowed in years and you just about cant get these back out of that ground once pounded in.
I have to hike into most places we trap. I know its not efficient but unfortunately around here if I can drive in so can every other yahoo with a truck or 4 wheeler and we had enough issues with the coyote pickup army around here i started getting way back into the sections and made sure we had to cross something deep to get there. Also picking places like flat picked bean fields with only a line edge between say corn and bean field or a little weedy fencerow, those have been great coyote spots but dont seem interesting to the hunting crews. I've learned that earth anchors keep theft down as well as picking key hard to get to spots. I lose a lot of trap check efficiency but still catch animals and at least still have equipment left at end of winter. The earth anchors cut down on weight to carry in for sure.
Thanks concreteman!
Jim

Last edited by jabNE; 09/14/20 12:02 PM.

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Getting ready for the season [Re: concrete man] #6990627
09/14/20 07:36 PM
09/14/20 07:36 PM
Indiana
C
concrete man Offline OP
trapper
concrete man  Offline OP
trapper
C

Indiana
Thanks Jim been using wolf gang but they are hard on drivers.

Re: Getting ready for the season [Re: concrete man] #6990689
09/14/20 08:55 PM
09/14/20 08:55 PM
Central Minnesota
Outdoors Guy Offline
trapper
Outdoors Guy  Offline
trapper

Central Minnesota
Finished up my trapping shed mostly for the season so ready to go!
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

Moderated by  Drifter, Wolfdog91