No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Blackout - Candace Owens #6992369
09/16/20 08:04 PM
09/16/20 08:04 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Anyone planning on ordering her book?

[Linked Image]

What do you have to lose? This question, posed by then-presidential candidate Donald Trump to potential black voters, was mocked and dismissed by the mainstream media. But for Candace Owens and many others, it was a wake-up call. A staunch Democrat for all of her life, she began to question the left’s policies toward black Americans, and investigate the harm they inflict on the community.

In Blackout, social media star and conservative commentator Owens addresses the many ways that liberal policies and ideals are actually harmful to African Americans and hinder their ability to rise above poverty, live independent and successful lives, and be an active part of the American Dream. Weaving in her personal story that brought her from the projects to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, she demonstrates how she overcame her setbacks and challenges despite the cultural expectation that she should embrace a victim mentality.

Owens argues that government assistance is a double-edged sword, that the left dismisses the faith so important to the black community, that Democratic permissiveness toward abortion disproportionately affects the black babies, that the #MeToo movement hurts black men, and much more. Well-researched and intelligently argued, Blackout lays bare the myth that all black people should vote Democrat—and shows why turning to the right will leave them happier, more successful, and more self-sufficient.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992372
09/16/20 08:05 PM
09/16/20 08:05 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
I plan on picking it up.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992381
09/16/20 08:15 PM
09/16/20 08:15 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
She is a very good listen, but unfortunately she is not highly regarded in the BLACK community (notice I capitalized it cause I was going for the majority). She has her head on straight,that is for sure, though!

Act like a blank, get treated like a blank. Insert your own blank!
Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Yukon John] #6992391
09/16/20 08:21 PM
09/16/20 08:21 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Yukon John
She is a very good listen, but unfortunately she is not highly regarded in the BLACK community (notice I capitalized it cause I was going for the majority). She has her head on straight,that is for sure, though!

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I'm a bit more familiar with the black community than many here.....There are many....many....that line up behind her whether they know it or not and that's what her book is about.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992397
09/16/20 08:23 PM
09/16/20 08:23 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
But they still vote Democrat.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: BandB] #6992399
09/16/20 08:24 PM
09/16/20 08:24 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by BandB

LOL but they dont.....despite what the MSM tells you....my goodness....

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992405
09/16/20 08:28 PM
09/16/20 08:28 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Originally Posted by Pike River

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume I'm a bit more familiar with the black community than many here.....There are many....many....that line up behind her whether they know it or not and that's what her book is about.

Very glad to see this, but she receives A LOT of hate from her race. My intention wasn't to lump a whole race into my comment, but to make known that she is under quite a bit of scrutiny. Thank you for speaking aloud, you are a BIG part of America, whether you believe it or not...I feel as if I misrepresented myself, don't hesitate to send me a pm, if you wish.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992406
09/16/20 08:30 PM
09/16/20 08:30 PM

J
J Staton
Unregistered
J Staton
Unregistered
J

I lived many years in the black community. Many are conservative by nature but the government teet was/is beckoning and is a hard "drug" to kick. Of course I didn't live in a affluent community.

Last edited by J Staton; 09/16/20 08:32 PM.
Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: BandB] #6992424
09/16/20 08:51 PM
09/16/20 08:51 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by BandB

You only know what you are taught and exposed to. Lumping everyone ini any one group will always yield poor results. That said I know how you feel and more than I like fall victim to the same line of thinking based on personality experience. Like a friend for years calling me everything but a white man when talking about why I would not vote for Obama. I was clam collected and talked policies and voting history. He only spoke on talking points and racism. Telling me how racist I was for not voting for Obama. Even though I pointed out 51% of black pregnancy end in abortion and Obama was pro abortion . That I didnt like the exterminating their race and that made me a racist, I didn't like his record on voting on gun control ect.

He was so mad he was stuttering. If I made a single comment to him like the dozens he made to me I would have been fired.

And this was a friend I had had for years. A smart educated successful family man. Reason and logic could not get through no matter how I approached it or abuse I took.

Heck after Obama won I was hopeful it would be good for race relations in our country and give young and old blacks pride and something to strive for.

Having a conservation with the same black friend after Trump was elected and he was dumping on trump blaming the poor race relations on trump I had to call him on that.

I told him the problems are a result of 8 years of Obama. He dismissed that untill I tried a different approach
Once I said Trump is a symptom of Obama that he was unelectable except for her people were freed up after 8 years of Obama that Trump was able to get elected he agreed.
Sadly 5 min latter he was back on his kick.

But it's not necessary a black white issue. It's a people issue. Many are so ingrained in identity politics and cant Handel any challenge to their beliefs or thought process regardless of facts reason history, or logic. People no longer know how to debate or respect opposing views. That's not limited to one race.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Yukon John] #6992428
09/16/20 08:53 PM
09/16/20 08:53 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Pike River

Very glad to see this, but she receives A LOT of hate from her race. My intention wasn't to lump a whole race into my comment, but to make known that she is under quite a bit of scrutiny. Thank you for speaking aloud, you are a BIG part of America, whether you believe it or not...I feel as if I misrepresented myself, don't hesitate to send me a pm, if you wish.

No worries John. I feel that she actually receives less hate from her race than Trump receives from his race.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Providence Farm] #6992431
09/16/20 08:54 PM
09/16/20 08:54 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by Providence Farm

But it's not necessary a black white issue. It's a people issue. Many are so ingrained in identity politics and cant Handel any challenge to their beliefs or thought process regardless of facts reason history, or logic. People no longer know how to debate or respect opposing views. That's not limited to one race.

Yup.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: ] #6992432
09/16/20 08:56 PM
09/16/20 08:56 PM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline OP
trapper
Pike River  Offline OP
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Originally Posted by J Staton
I lived many years in the black community. Many are conservative by nature but the government teet was/is beckoning and is a hard "drug" to kick. Of course I didn't live in a affluent community.

Exactly and which is part of their plan.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992466
09/16/20 09:16 PM
09/16/20 09:16 PM
Aliceville, Kansas 43
Yukon John Offline
trapper
Yukon John  Offline
trapper

Aliceville, Kansas 43
Back to the OP, Candace is very smart, and really has a grasp on what is going on in America.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992485
09/16/20 09:31 PM
09/16/20 09:31 PM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
I work with an older black guy in the summertime. He is a deacon in his church, volunteers as a police Chaplin because it gives him access to troubled youth, he mentors teens in his church and is just a really great guy. He runs one of my summer crews and I let him hire his own kids. He always looks for kids who's families are struggling so the paycheck helps a family that needs a little extra income. These are older teens from bad, urban neighborhoods, who are statistically not likely to go very far.

These kids have absolute respect for this guy and work their butts off for him in the summer heat doing manual labor. They come to work every day on time and hustle all day to get the job done. He has a passion for helping underprivileged teens and has made a reputation for himself for making a difference in people's lives.

He and I have never talked politics. Last summer he told me that he was voting for Trump. I was surprised, didn't see him as the Trump type. I told him that I was voting for Trump too but didn't share much else. He told me that he's been voting for the democrats for 60 years (he's only been around 60 years but....ok). He said that they have never done anything for black people and he will never "vote for those fools again."

I think a lot of former democrats are seeing the light. I don't think the democrat exodus is huge but I think it's big enough to swing elections.

Last edited by maintenanceguy; 09/16/20 09:32 PM.

-Ryan
Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992521
09/16/20 10:01 PM
09/16/20 10:01 PM
alabama
BandB Offline
trapper
BandB  Offline
trapper

alabama
[/b]Historically[b], the black population has overwhelmingly voted Democrat. That is a fact. I've worked in a predominantly black town(over 96% of the population) for 10 years. I've talked to hundreds of black folks. Overheard thousands of conversations. Republicans they aren't. Their core beliefs are, in many cases, conservative, but they still pull that D lever. I do believe that some of them are beginning to see the light, but it is a slow process.

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992542
09/16/20 10:33 PM
09/16/20 10:33 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Growing up in the Deep South , with black folks whom I not only lived with but dearly loved as family, there are growing numbers nowadays who are quietly but determined conservative .

Many people of all races and cultural persuasion are seeing the threats from Marxist left and have been educating themselves en masse , and not just the black culture. The shocking threat to life and safety are waking up many on a crash course in education .

Just see Leo Terrell , a powerful force in law and seats of power as one example of many.

Candace , among other journalists have their platforms that they update their latest shows and info on, that I enjoy keeping track of....and in their literally thousands of comments below each new video , I see a plethora of black folks who are vocal in support, many who have just done a 180 in their views that they had grown up with. The violence and outright vocalizing of the plan to tear up the country has effectively shot itself in the foot.

I would love to get a copy of her book. It will do great with my collection from Judge Jeanine .

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992549
09/16/20 10:48 PM
09/16/20 10:48 PM
minnesota
M
mnsota Offline
trapper
mnsota  Offline
trapper
M

minnesota
Our President should simply state that our citizenry should judge its occupants on their character and their conduct .

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992598
09/17/20 03:12 AM
09/17/20 03:12 AM
M.T.V. Alaska
Y
yukonjeff Offline
trapper
yukonjeff  Offline
trapper
Y

M.T.V. Alaska

Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: Pike River] #6992610
09/17/20 05:20 AM
09/17/20 05:20 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I dont think people are changing their political views so much as figuring out the candidates the party is running are not anywhere near their beliefs.

Even democrats (or at least old school democrats) Believed in capitalism, free speech, the right of self defense, that America comes first.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Blackout - Candace Owens [Re: danny clifton] #6992635
09/17/20 06:10 AM
09/17/20 06:10 AM
Southern NJ
maintenanceguy Offline
trapper
maintenanceguy  Offline
trapper

Southern NJ
Originally Posted by danny clifton
I dont think people are changing their political views so much as figuring out the candidates the party is running are not anywhere near their beliefs.

Even democrats (or at least old school democrats) Believed in capitalism, free speech, the right of self defense, that America comes first.

It wasn't that long ago that those things were universally accepted by everyone. There were differences between the conservatives and liberals but those things weren't part of the differences. I'm not sure how we got so far apart.

-Ryan
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread