No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Wow #6995911
09/21/20 07:57 AM
09/21/20 07:57 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

-Goofy-
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6995939
09/21/20 08:49 AM
09/21/20 08:49 AM
West Michigan
G
Getting There Offline
trapper
Getting There  Offline
trapper
G

West Michigan
People are getting fed up with BLM and other hate groups and our elected officials walking all over our Bill of Right and the Constitutions. What is going on in Washington D.C. is a disgrace!

To Old
U.S. Army 60-63 SGT.
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6995953
09/21/20 08:58 AM
09/21/20 08:58 AM
sw minn.
Flipper Offline
trapper
Flipper  Offline
trapper

sw minn.
How d you come up with this. If people were really upset why are millions still watching the nfl they are the biggest and most successful group supporting blm

Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6995956
09/21/20 09:01 AM
09/21/20 09:01 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

I don’t recall him saying anything about blm.

-Goofy-
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6995962
09/21/20 09:10 AM
09/21/20 09:10 AM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Good for him and we need many more to step up like that!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6995974
09/21/20 09:19 AM
09/21/20 09:19 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I feel the same way he does. This zombie virus isnt killing any more people than several other flu strains. None of which shut down the country. I'm not wearing a mask. I am not a sheep. If I have not already been exposed I will be. Virus doesn't get on a rocket to an asteroid. It is here forever.

Instead of worrying what will cause your death you should be living. Trying to hide from a virus is just silly. If you move to Antarctica you might avoid it till something else kills you. Looking at the age of most of us at conventions, no matter what your cause of death if it is a natural cause, it could be chalked up to old age.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996006
09/21/20 09:46 AM
09/21/20 09:46 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
There is another flip to the coin Danny and I'm not saying its right either but ..................... look at all the people who get a flu vaccine that prevents spreading it to someone older with diabetes, or taking chemo, or has COPD or Alzheimer's, etc etc.. Knowingly or not they (people vaccinated against the flu) are preventing the transmission of a life threatening organism to very vulnerable individuals. Where do you draw a line and say the millions of folks with these health limiting conditions do not deserve that consideration when science has no other means for their protection? That's the other side of the coin (mixed in with the politics, money and the fear factors that many jack*ss people try to manipulate)......my take.... the mike

Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996028
09/21/20 10:02 AM
09/21/20 10:02 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

I would think at risk people are getting the flu shot, does it not work if others don’t get it?

-Goofy-
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996070
09/21/20 10:50 AM
09/21/20 10:50 AM
NH
Z
zallen Offline
trapper
zallen  Offline
trapper
Z

NH
Where/when do we say "This far and no further?" Should vaccines be mandatory? If it were would you take it?

If no then what happens when you need to prove you're "safe" to go into a store? Like the idiotic mask thing now?

“Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.”

William Pitt
Re: Wow [Re: zallen] #6996084
09/21/20 11:05 AM
09/21/20 11:05 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by zallen
Where/when do we say "This far and no further?" Should vaccines be mandatory? If it were would you take it?

If no then what happens when you need to prove you're "safe" to go into a store? Like the idiotic mask thing now?

Ah, seems like a conundrum but how do you prove you are safe to go into a store now?

Shutting people out who don’t want to get vaccinated will create an opportunity for someone to open a store that doesn’t care. It won’t take the “exclusion” businesses to start not caring. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996095
09/21/20 11:24 AM
09/21/20 11:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Flu shot is what? 30% effective? So it seems to me that flu shots have nothing to add to this conversation. Flu virus is not being controlled. Yet somehow swine flu, sars, zika, spanish flu and west nile are no longer a big deal. This stuff is no different.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996144
09/21/20 12:33 PM
09/21/20 12:33 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
NIIIIIIIICCCCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Wow [Re: danny clifton] #6996256
09/21/20 02:36 PM
09/21/20 02:36 PM
Wheaton Ks
L
lee steinmeyer Offline
trapper
lee steinmeyer  Offline
trapper
L

Wheaton Ks
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Flu shot is what? 30% effective? So it seems to me that flu shots have nothing to add to this conversation. Flu virus is not being controlled. Yet somehow swine flu, sars, zika, spanish flu and west nile are no longer a big deal. This stuff is no different.

Amen to that! Well put Danny!

YOU CAN IGNORE REALITY, BUT YOU CANNOT IGNORE THE CONSEQUENCES OF IGNORING REALITY.

http://www.lptraplinesupply.com
Re: Wow [Re: lee steinmeyer] #6996261
09/21/20 02:39 PM
09/21/20 02:39 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by lee steinmeyer

Amen to that! Well put Danny!

X2

Report a post club - Non member

Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996931
09/22/20 07:34 AM
09/22/20 07:34 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
Danny, I think we are closer than you believe. The garbage on the nightly news has a way of influencing thoughts for their news ratings. influenza vaccines are more than 30% effective. If contacting the flu virus - of that original strain it is 90%. However for other close strains it will be reducing the symptoms (lower fevers, less coughing, less headaches less bodily system stress etc.) and more important, the time you are communicable to others. You may feel "off" for a day but the interferon and anti-bodies do short work of the invader. Mandatory vaccinations? For this virus I don't think so. Many of you did not live through the Polio years of the 50's (I did) and the Small Pox years of my parents. Those weren't mandatory but people saw the results of not having them and chose the vaccine. Glad they did as I had a friend who didn't and he contracted polio..... lasting impression....Ever see a mom-to-be lose a baby or have one with heart and health/defect problems due to measles or the 3 day (German) measles? I have --- somber times. Mom's and babes to be, deserve my respect. Both sicknesses prevented FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS through the vaccines of OTHERS. I remember my small pox vaccination like the others on here and we tend to take for granted the advances that science has provided in the 1900's. The list goes on and we are spoiled to an extent. Try to enroll your kindergartner in a public or private school without a set of immunization papers (and don't try to to use the religious freedom excuse if you are registered to a major Christian religion - heard them all before). If your are a virus, bacteria, lizard, horse, coyote, shark, snake, opossum (my fav) - all living organisms - you gotta' make a living!!!!!!! Bottom line. The harmful ones can find another home than me ! So all I try to say is "flip the coin" disregarding the politics, the money, the hype, the fear etc. and consider that science doesn't have a better way of protecting those vulnerable individuals in society (yet). Health depts. have the right to remove you and/or your kids from your own home if deemed unsafe or inhabitable - its the law and if we don't like it we have the means (peaceful) to change it. I will be right behind you and Lee when you are exercising your lawful rights (NOT TO) but "flip and look" from the less healthies' side...........still my take...... the mike

Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996939
09/22/20 07:47 AM
09/22/20 07:47 AM
MT (Big Sky Country)
A
Allan Minear Offline
trapper
Allan Minear  Offline
trapper
A

MT (Big Sky Country)
I'll admit I'm gun shy of getting a " flu shot " or anything similar since when I did year's ago I'd get so sick I couldn't hardly get out of bed to go to work or even take care of my kids as a single parent.

Now I'm close to being 3 years cancer FREE and I'll take my chances with out a covid19 shot unless someone can convince me it's going to work and I won't want to crawl under a rock ha ha

Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996943
09/22/20 07:55 AM
09/22/20 07:55 AM
NE NE
W
Wife Offline
trapper
Wife  Offline
trapper
W

NE NE
P.S. all influenza strains (to date) come from China and 1 particular province. Because it is always "trying to make a living" it mutates from 1 strain to another (takes 6 months to a year for that to happen). Then put the right enviro conditions together (the flu season - lots people, close quarters, cold temps/body stress etc.) and you get an outbreak that goes around this crazy world. Cancer comes from the mutation of your own body cells not shutting down like they should so mutation has been both the driving force of survival and death,,,,,,,, something to consider ............. pretty deep huh!...... for the mike anyway LOL

Re: Wow [Re: Wife] #6996953
09/22/20 08:09 AM
09/22/20 08:09 AM
Crivitz WI
Sprung & Rusty Offline
trapper
Sprung & Rusty  Offline
trapper

Crivitz WI
Originally Posted by Wife
Danny, I think we are closer than you believe. The garbage on the nightly news has a way of influencing thoughts for their news ratings. influenza vaccines are more than 30% effective. If contacting the flu virus - of that original strain it is 90%. However for other close strains it will be reducing the symptoms (lower fevers, less coughing, less headaches less bodily system stress etc.) and more important, the time you are communicable to others. You may feel "off" for a day but the interferon and anti-bodies do short work of the invader. Mandatory vaccinations? For this virus I don't think so. Many of you did not live through the Polio years of the 50's (I did) and the Small Pox years of my parents. Those weren't mandatory but people saw the results of not having them and chose the vaccine. Glad they did as I had a friend who didn't and he contracted polio..... lasting impression....Ever see a mom-to-be lose a baby or have one with heart and health/defect problems due to measles or the 3 day (German) measles? I have --- somber times. Mom's and babes to be, deserve my respect. Both sicknesses prevented FOR THE BENEFIT OF OTHERS through the vaccines of OTHERS. I remember my small pox vaccination like the others on here and we tend to take for granted the advances that science has provided in the 1900's. The list goes on and we are spoiled to an extent. Try to enroll your kindergartner in a public or private school without a set of immunization papers (and don't try to to use the religious freedom excuse if you are registered to a major Christian religion - heard them all before). If your are a virus, bacteria, lizard, horse, coyote, shark, snake, opossum (my fav) - all living organisms - you gotta' make a living!!!!!!! Bottom line. The harmful ones can find another home than me ! So all I try to say is "flip the coin" disregarding the politics, the money, the hype, the fear etc. and consider that science doesn't have a better way of protecting those vulnerable individuals in society (yet). Health depts. have the right to remove you and/or your kids from your own home if deemed unsafe or inhabitable - its the law and if we don't like it we have the means (peaceful) to change it. I will be right behind you and Lee when you are exercising your lawful rights (NOT TO) but "flip and look" from the less healthies' side...........still my take...... the mike

If your kid is vaccinated, what are you worried about? LOL!!

No Jab.
Re: Wow [Re: HobbieTrapper] #6996958
09/22/20 08:14 AM
09/22/20 08:14 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Yep. 30% at best. Factor in a large part of t h e population doesn't get one. Yet somehow they have all run their course.

I don't watch the nightly news garbage. I don't watch TV at all. Haven't watched TV in years.

P.S. who is Mike?

Last edited by danny clifton; 09/22/20 08:16 AM.

Re: Wow [Re: danny clifton] #6996964
09/22/20 08:22 AM
09/22/20 08:22 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Yep. 30% at best. Factor in a large part of t h e population doesn't get one. Yet somehow they have all run their course.

I don't watch the nightly news garbage. I don't watch TV at all. Haven't watched TV in years.

P.S. who is Mike?

Well there you have it ^^^^^ brother. You need to watch some TV to be "in the know!" If you don't stay current, you fall behind. Like a tortoise in a race. You are not to be considered knowledgable at any level. You...

Wait a minute. I don't watch TV either, other those cool shows about finding gold in Alaska.

Dang. I'm like danny. A tortoise in a race.

Oh well laugh

Last edited by Mark June; 09/22/20 08:23 AM.
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread