No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers *** No Politics
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter


Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum


~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~


Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products


Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Petr #6996687
09/21/20 09:41 PM
09/21/20 09:41 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,390
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Online content OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Online Content OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,390
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Folks Iet Petr on here in order for y'all to have the opportunity to discuss civilly with someone who doesn't agree with what we do. There's no need to be mean and nasty. If you can't make your point politely, then keep your yaps shut. He surely hasn't responded with the bad treatment you all have given him. Behave yourselves or be gone. This can be a great learning experience.



Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996708
09/21/20 09:51 PM
09/21/20 09:51 PM
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,826
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Offline
"American Honey"
Sharon  Offline
"American Honey"

Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,826
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
I remember your idea about this , and was hoping you would .

The ability to learn how to reason with mature persuasion and facts , honed sharper, by trappers and outdoorsmen, is always good .

It shows the maturity to handle anything with perseverance and logic.

Thank you, Mr Paul.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996714
09/21/20 09:56 PM
09/21/20 09:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,264
se South Dakota
NonPCfed Offline
trapper
NonPCfed  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2015
Posts: 3,264
se South Dakota
He must stay up late if he's in Russia. At least 7 hours ahead of us in time zones.


"And God said, Let us make man in our image Öand let them have dominion Öand all the creatures that move along the ground".
Genesis 1:26
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996716
09/21/20 09:57 PM
09/21/20 09:57 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 30,315
McGrath, AK
W
white17 Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
white17  Offline

"General (Mr.Sunshine) Washington"
W

Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 30,315
McGrath, AK
Maybe he has a super fast connection laugh


Mean As Nails
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996717
09/21/20 09:58 PM
09/21/20 09:58 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,230
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,230
Amite county Mississippi
An anti of any form + trappers seems to always just turn pretty childish pretty quickly 8/10 it seems


Trappermans Resident Black Guy
The Black Redneck! 22yrs
MS National Guardsmen
I Like Moddin Traps 'N Trapping Possums
Go Ordnance!!!!
Tman Archivist
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996718
09/21/20 09:58 PM
09/21/20 09:58 PM
Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 376
Mollala Oregon
G
gdccowboy Offline
trapper
gdccowboy  Offline
trapper
G

Joined: Apr 2014
Posts: 376
Mollala Oregon
If we canít discuss this in a civil manner what separates us for the antis

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996722
09/21/20 10:00 PM
09/21/20 10:00 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,317
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,317
Kentucky
I tried to make a civil post to the topic but it was taken down. I wish I could have posted but oh well


Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?


pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro america!
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996727
09/21/20 10:02 PM
09/21/20 10:02 PM
Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 14
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Joined: Sep 2020
Posts: 14
Russia
Thank you Mr. Dobbins for taking it down. That big pile of dead foxes photo was too disgusting to allow.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996732
09/21/20 10:06 PM
09/21/20 10:06 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,390
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Online content OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Online Content OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 13,390
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Let's start this all over again, in a much better attitude folks!



Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996733
09/21/20 10:06 PM
09/21/20 10:06 PM
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,956
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Online content
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Online Content
trapper
C

Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1,956
Central Ontario, Canada
I would certainly be up for a civil respectful discussion with an intelligent well spoken individual who supported animal rights and was opposed to trapping and animal use in general. But when an individual's introductory comments include that they know for sure what's going to happen to someone in a future life, that's a big red flag and I don't have any desire to invest any time and effort.

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6996734
09/21/20 10:07 PM
09/21/20 10:07 PM
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,498
MN
1
160user Offline
trapper
160user  Offline
trapper
1

Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 13,498
MN
Originally Posted by Petr
Thank you Mr. Dobbins for taking it down. That big pile of dead foxes photo was too disgusting to allow.



Those were coyotes, not foxes. Coyotes are a huge problem for beef and sheep farmers.


I have nothing clever to put here.





Re: Petr [Re: Crit-R-Dun] #6996737
09/21/20 10:08 PM
09/21/20 10:08 PM
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,666
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,666
Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Crit-R-Dun
I would certainly be up for a civil respectful discussion with an intelligent well spoken individual who supported animal rights and was opposed to trapping and animal use in general. But when an individual's introductory comments include that they know for sure what's going to happen to someone in a future life, that's a big red flag and I don't have any desire to invest any time and effort.

X2 bad things happen to everyone, not just trappers.

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6996738
09/21/20 10:09 PM
09/21/20 10:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,256
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 6,256
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted by Petr
Thank you Mr. Dobbins for taking it down. That big pile of dead foxes photo was too disgusting to allow.



Those were coyotes.


Petr, my question is this. Prior to us discussing or attempting to see your side of the argument. Are you willing to be open minded and see the conservationist and wildlife management side of the discussion?

Take care.


Be a mentor

Semper paratus
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996741
09/21/20 10:09 PM
09/21/20 10:09 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,317
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,317
Kentucky
Petr Iím sorry media has brain washed you! Trapping is literally what built North America if you canít accept our heritage Iím sorry thatís what we do here. I have seen some nasty mangy yotes that weíre thankfully taken out of the population because of they werenít it would be bad you donít see what we trappers see we see animals that are skinny, mangy, and half dead. Sometimes itís better to take the weak ones out so the rest of the population can strive. We have strict regulations as trappers that we abide by. We have 24 hour check times. Last season even when I was sick I was checking my traps! I donít believe in the hippie Mother Earth stuff but I believe God put the animals on the earth for a reason and that he put us on the earth for a reason so that we will take care of what he gave us!
God bless
Kytrapper2005


Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?


pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro america!
Re: Petr [Re: DelawareRob] #6996745
09/21/20 10:10 PM
09/21/20 10:10 PM
Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,317
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Joined: Oct 2019
Posts: 1,317
Kentucky
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Petr
Thank you Mr. Dobbins for taking it down. That big pile of dead foxes photo was too disgusting to allow.



Those were coyotes.


Petr, my question is this. Prior to us discussing or attempting to see your side of the argument. Are you willing to be open minded and see the conservationist and wildlife management side of the discussion?

Take care.

Iíd love to share a conversation stand point! Conservation is what I want do do someday!


Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?


pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro america!
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996747
09/21/20 10:12 PM
09/21/20 10:12 PM
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 4,101
MB
J
Jurassic Park Offline
trapper
Jurassic Park  Offline
trapper
J

Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 4,101
MB
What else can happen in 2020?


Cold as ice!
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996749
09/21/20 10:13 PM
09/21/20 10:13 PM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,075
Southeast Idaho
F
Furvor Offline
trapper
Furvor  Offline
trapper
F

Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 2,075
Southeast Idaho
Before Adam met Eve was he a trapper?

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996751
09/21/20 10:14 PM
09/21/20 10:14 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,804
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,804
KY.usa
Just a question .The country you call home is one of the largest buyers of fur in the world. Are you protesting that fact over there?

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996752
09/21/20 10:16 PM
09/21/20 10:16 PM
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,966
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
Jtrapper Offline
trapper
Jtrapper  Offline
trapper

Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 18,966
Alabama (Bama for short) 108 y...
What did i miss this time?


Not my circus, not my clowns.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6996754
09/21/20 10:17 PM
09/21/20 10:17 PM
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,230
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 5,230
Amite county Mississippi
OK I just have to ask are you even in the slightest interested in changing your thought process? Because honestly if this is going to be one of these deals where an immovable object meets an unrelenting force then it's kinda a waste if everyone's time.and I'm not trying to be rude but it's just the truth


Trappermans Resident Black Guy
The Black Redneck! 22yrs
MS National Guardsmen
I Like Moddin Traps 'N Trapping Possums
Go Ordnance!!!!
Tman Archivist
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread