No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6997625
09/22/20 10:51 PM
09/22/20 10:51 PM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
I cannot debate 15 peeps at once. Pick two or three of u and I'll prove them wrong.

No I don't eat meat. yuch!

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6997627
09/22/20 10:59 PM
09/22/20 10:59 PM
Eau Claire Wi
Trap Setter Offline
trapper
Trap Setter  Offline
trapper

Eau Claire Wi
You pick from the people who have asked you questions. Use the quote button and debate the topic at hand. I am sure you won't change any minds but we all get a better idea of how the other side sees the world. I will stay out of this and would ask others to as well. As petr was given reign of this thread by the boss. I am making popcorn as I type.

Life sure is tough when you don't learn from the mistakes of others.
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6997642
09/22/20 11:26 PM
09/22/20 11:26 PM
Kansas
Pawnee Offline
trapper
Pawnee  Offline
trapper

Kansas
Originally Posted by Petr
Yes, I have an open mind. But that doesn't mean my conscience is open.

How about u? Do you have an open mind, if I show u the evils of trapping? How the animal must feel with its foot...or FACE...caught in a trap?

I’ll post once on this. Petr, what you don’t understand and probably won’t believe is that most of the guys on here love and appreciate animals and nature more than 99% of the people that proclaim to protect it. Most of them are like me. The guy that stops the tractor and moves a killdeer nest on the ground out of the way so it doesn’t get smashed, or the guy that gets off the swather and moves the two day old fawn so it doesn’t get ran over, or the guy that swerves going 60 down a dirt road to miss a snake that is just doing what he’s doing. We are those people!!!

Everything the left touches it destroys
Re: Petr [Re: Pawnee] #6997723
09/23/20 06:28 AM
09/23/20 06:28 AM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

East of the Mason-Dixon Line
Originally Posted by Pawnee

How about u? Do you have an open mind, if I show u the evils of trapping? How the animal must feel with its foot...or FACE...caught in a trap?

I’ll post once on this. Petr, what you don’t understand and probably won’t believe is that most of the guys on here love and appreciate animals and nature more than 99% of the people that proclaim to protect it. Most of them are like me. The guy that stops the tractor and moves a killdeer nest on the ground out of the way so it doesn’t get smashed, or the guy that gets off the swather and moves the two day old fawn so it doesn’t get ran over, or the guy that swerves going 60 down a dirt road to miss a snake that is just doing what he’s doing. We are those people!!!

Absolutely, I don’t know how many baby turtles I’ve helped across the road.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6997761
09/23/20 07:46 AM
09/23/20 07:46 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Is it just me or has the thought crossed anyone else's mind Petr is really just James coming out of the closet? Lol

Last edited by Yes sir; 09/23/20 08:05 AM.
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6997771
09/23/20 08:01 AM
09/23/20 08:01 AM
Green County Wisconsin
G
GREENCOUNTYPETE Offline
trapper
GREENCOUNTYPETE  Offline
trapper
G

Green County Wisconsin
I cannot debate 15 peeps at once. Pick two or three of u and I'll prove them wrong.

leather boots , coat , belt . furniture , wallet , gloves ?

Last edited by GREENCOUNTYPETE; 09/23/20 08:02 AM.

America only has one issue, we have a Responsibility crisis and everything else stems from it.
Re: Petr [Re: Pawnee] #6997777
09/23/20 08:05 AM
09/23/20 08:05 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

So far, the best post to Petr.
Sharon had a very good one also.

Re: Petr [Re: Pawnee] #6997808
09/23/20 08:44 AM
09/23/20 08:44 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

Lol I forgot that point. Have you ever stoped and picked up am injured bard owl on your way to family's holiday party several hours away so it can be rehabbed and released? Would you even notice the injured bird driving 70mph down the interstate? And I'm sure you would not know how to pick up said bird safety for both it and you or that your wife would be comfortable holding it on her lap for 2 hours in the car.

Ya that's not theoretical that was last Thanksgiving. I picke up a bard owl off the interstate that had a compound leg fracture. I was able to get it to a rehabilitation center the next day. Yep that was another couple of hours of driving to get there. He was released back into the wild in March. That's not the first injured bird of pray I have been responsible for. Let's not even get into all the babies like squirrel, coons ect I have bottle feed tell they were big enough to be released.

You see we live it. It real and a lifestyle not an idea or theory held by someone so far removed from nature that can't comprehend the natural order.

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6997811
09/23/20 08:50 AM
09/23/20 08:50 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada

Don't feel the need to debate anyone. It's a belief system, a philosophy that differs from ours. Please feel free to articulate those beliefs and respond generally to the positive comments made here by several of our regular posters. This is not meant to be offensive but simply forthright..........7 pages, for the most part, well articulated facts on responsible and humane management of wildlife use by humankind and we've had not a single thoughtful or intelligent response from you.

Re: Petr [Re: Yes sir] #6997853
09/23/20 09:50 AM
09/23/20 09:50 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by Yes sir
Is it just me or has the thought crossed anyone else's mind Petr is really just James coming out of the closet? Lol

As much as i dislike James I don't think he would be ainti trapping. James is definitely a thorn in the side of great Americans. Petr was just raised to think like he does. He feels that he can't control his own life so he will try to control others. I really don't think is petr fault he is like he is.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6997861
09/23/20 09:59 AM
09/23/20 09:59 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
I can pretty much guarantee that all trappers have given more thought to the treatment of animals we catch than anyone opposed to trapping ever did. We are the ones in the trenches. We've had extremely long debates on this forum alone on which traps are appropriate for each animals and how to modify the same to make them even better.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6997863
09/23/20 10:01 AM
09/23/20 10:01 AM
perry co.Pa
wetdog Offline
trapper
wetdog  Offline
trapper

perry co.Pa
I think we are being played
I'll eat a few more bowls of popcorn before I say the rest of how I view
Petr

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6997898
09/23/20 10:55 AM
09/23/20 10:55 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Online content
trapper
Foxpaw  Online Content
trapper
F

Southern Illinois

Petr, you remind me of a young man that had no job or money. So he asked a well known farmer if he could employ him. The farmer said yes and handed the lad a briar scythe and told him to cut a large patch of weeds and briars. After a couple of hours the farmer came back and found the lad sitting underneath a shade tree and had cut no briars. As an excuse the young man said he couldn't find a place to start. So the farmer grabbed the scythe from his hands and threw it into the middle of the big patch of weeds and briars, and said "START THERE" !

Seems to me if you are going to join the cohort of Sophia and/or Gaia then you need to find a place to cut the knot and get started conquering the world. It should be easy since your theory fits with the notion that the world is just one big soul and we are all tied together as just one soul. That fits right in with your social philosophy that we are not individuals and just a part of something bigger.
Surely you can set up some sort of an offensive attack against this bunch of trappers. After all they are a big variety from all walks of life and many barely know their right from their left hand. So just use your evolutionary tactics and pick out some of the not so learned and/or weak and start on them. It should be an easy task. Don't pay any attention to the lazy guard dogs, they are probably asleep under a shade tree!

Re: Petr [Re: wetdog] #6997948
09/23/20 11:54 AM
09/23/20 11:54 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by wetdog
I think we are being played
I'll eat a few more bowls of popcorn before I say the rest of how I view
Petr

Petr is the one prolly eating popcorn and watching page after page go by. whistle
With a buttery smile cool

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6997958
09/23/20 12:09 PM
09/23/20 12:09 PM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA

Just pick someone and start typing.
just

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998027
09/23/20 01:15 PM
09/23/20 01:15 PM
S.W.Oregon
newhouse114 Online content
trapper
newhouse114  Online Content
trapper

S.W.Oregon
Petr, it is always easy to hide behind what you can’t see. Unless you feed yourself from a small, self maintained organic garden you suffer the same “blood guilt” that we as hunters and trappers do. Have you ever considered the millions upon millions of small animals that make their home in the fields where your vegetables are grown? During harvest and planting those animals are tilled into the ground without any consideration. Your vegetables are produced at the cost of millions of lives but you feel superior because you don’t see it happen! Do you drive a car? You suffer blood guilt for every animal that has been killed by petroleum disasters. Maybe you ride a bicycle, same thing, the tires are made of petroleum products. Do you wear clothes? Synthetics are petroleum products. Only clothes made of organic cotton? Right back to death by farming. Please justify yourself as to how you are superior to those of us that confront death on a face to face basis. I’m sorry to inform you but you are equal to us. Denying it is just lying to yourself.

Life Member NTA & FTA
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain

http://alaskastoneanivory.com/index
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6998058
09/23/20 02:00 PM
09/23/20 02:00 PM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky

This proves he ain’t gonna change. Let’s not wast our time we could be preparing for trapping season or something anything. He just wants to tell us how bad we are and when we try to offer advice he won’t listen.

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998066
09/23/20 02:05 PM
09/23/20 02:05 PM
The Hill Country of Texas
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

So the kid eats rabbit food? Yikes, I'd worry about getting some sort of health issue from mother who ever she is as payback for starving bunnies.

You see what I did there right?

I pretended like I was in a position to judge him the same way would would judge me.
cool

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Re: Petr [Re: newhouse114] #6998067
09/23/20 02:06 PM
09/23/20 02:06 PM
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Originally Posted by newhouse114
Petr, it is always easy to hide behind what you can’t see. Unless you feed yourself from a small, self maintained organic garden you suffer the same “blood guilt” that we as hunters and trappers do. Have you ever considered the millions upon millions of small animals that make their home in the fields where your vegetables are grown? During harvest and planting those animals are tilled into the ground without any consideration. Your vegetables are produced at the cost of millions of lives but you feel superior because you don’t see it happen! Do you drive a car? You suffer blood guilt for every animal that has been killed by petroleum disasters. Maybe you ride a bicycle, same thing, the tires are made of petroleum products. Do you wear clothes? Synthetics are petroleum products. Only clothes made of organic cotton? Right back to death by farming. Please justify yourself as to how you are superior to those of us that confront death on a face to face basis. I’m sorry to inform you but you are equal to us. Denying it is just lying to yourself.

Everything used in society entails power from fuel , oil, petrol , plastic and animal products.

Living does, and that is our right and privilege , and in taking good care of things around us.

There is no true living "off the grid". Anything depending on fuel , flight , driving , medical help, taxes, everything...is dependent on all resources used well. It is either working harder, or smarter, is the only difference.

To be online here requires substantial resources with a plethora of materials used.

To be balanced as a living being , that enjoys art in all its many forms , deep love expressed, and the natural world is the key to real life lived in quality time. The human being is indeed a most amazing part of the natural world , the only one who has the ability to enjoy the beauty of that world, planning for the future and learning from the past .

To waste this amazing life in anger and misinformation is the real tragedy.

Many peoples across the world knew what the important things were to live and pursue happiness, Russians included . They still do, against all odds. Beautiful architecture, art, music, using exquisite creating power, using and appreciating real animal products in many ways , just as Americans do.

The first step in real appreciation of this life we have, is to stop being angry.

Start learning.

In Russia, there is a beautiful grouse , the Capercaillie , who has a distinct call . When they call, for those moments, they cannot hear what is in the woods close by them. It is in those times that they are most vulnerable to things they know nothing about.

Wise people, who learn, know to take in knowledge, the need to be silent, replacing repetitive loudness with wise education , knowing when they are loud , they cannot hear to learn. . They become aware of the influences around them, to their happiness and survival.

Re: Petr [Re: Sharon] #6998069
09/23/20 02:09 PM
09/23/20 02:09 PM
Leftlane Offline
"HOSS"
Leftlane  Offline
"HOSS"

Originally Posted by Sharon
Wise people, who learn, know to take in knowledge, the need to be silent, replacing repetitive loudness with wise education , so they can learn . They become aware of the influences around them, to their happiness and survival.

Great point!
My grandpa used to remind us that God gave us 2 ears and only one mouth for a reason!

“What’s good for me may not be good for the weak minded.”
Captain Gus McCrae- Texas Rangers

Page 7 of 18 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread