No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998580
09/23/20 11:07 PM
09/23/20 11:07 PM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Ford F-150 ain’t no artificial truck son! Now we have another debate

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6998587
09/23/20 11:21 PM
09/23/20 11:21 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
Originally Posted by Petr
U want to debate things of conscience and morality? SORRY I have the high ground.

U leave animals in your traps for 24 hours! Each hour of AGONY. and don't u try to tell me a steel TRAP on your foot doesn't hurt!! Try it sometime with your own foot. FOR 24 HOURS!!!

Sure animals kill other animals. Thats part of the Great Circle of Life. But U are not part of that Circle when you use artificial traps and trucks and so forth. If u caught animals with your own claws and teeth it might be allowable morally, but only for to eat! Not for FASHION garments only the rich can afford

Soon what about then a pack o wolves brings down a elk and eats on it for a day and a half while it's still alive? Which happens all the time. Or when a coyotes decides to go on a thrill kill spree (which by the way is a thing in most canines even dogs ) and kills 20-30 sheep or deer or elk and only eat some of one or two.
And 24 he is a stretch to say the least. That's basically saying if I set the trap at 2:30 p.m today then that animals must have been caught by 3:30pm that same day for it to be in the trap for any where near 24hr. Most anime are never in the trap for more than 5 hr honestly. And the agony part. There are studies that show (I think it's with the bmps ,Texas A.M and t. T turn bull and associated) showing that after the first 20 or so minutes heart rates reduce and the animal generally just kind calms down. Honestly when your really thing about some if the crap these animals espically preators go though (I don't know if you ever seen what two male fox or coyotes look like after a fight) sitting in the end of a chain with a numb foot is gonna be pretty low on the list. Not to mention you got guys like me who go out if their ways to try and modify these traps so they cause as little pain or suffering as possible. Heck I could sit her for at lest two hours and talk about how you can tune you jaw spacing spring strength chain length shock springs laminations and on and on so that the animals you catch won't even have a scratch on them.
There was a study done in either maine or NY that showed modified traps can be so, genial on an animal they can become "trap happy " which mean they purposely get caught because they know they will get free food in the form of bait and released.
I've caught people hunting dogs multiple times in the same trap at the same location and with the same bait sometimes days in a row. If my traps caused so much agony why would this continue to happen? Honestly a dog is one of nature's smarter animals, you swat them on the button a few times for peeing in the house they have the sense to not per in the house anymore. So you would figure if they where spending hours of pure agony at the same place after trying to get the same smell they wouldn't do it again and again.

And this while thing about us not being apart of the Great circle because we use tools. So chimps and various other primates have been documented as recently using tools such as pointed stocks and such to spear fish and hunt smaller animals. So are they now out of the Great circle? Honestly if a coyote or fox or raccoon could figure out how to use something to obtain food and make life easier wouldn't they. I mean logically speaking. A rat comes into a humans home because living in a house full of scrap food and earth is easier then living in a grass field digging up hay seeds and being chased bay predators. A crow will place nuts in the street for truck to run over and crack because it's easier to do that than to peck at it for 20 minuites . Are these animals not of the Great circle?

I honestly have spoken to many many people who are of the more nature centric beliefs, love all life don't wear fur or eat meat ,hate the idea of killing any living creature some if which are very good friends but they where truly open mind enough to have a civil conversation and try to understand . You are not. You came here feeling as though you know what's right and wrong and truly theirs no changing your mind because you have no desire to truly see from the other side of the glass. I see it with anti trappers and trappers atheists and believers left and right Somone just wants to get in their high horse and preach to the opposition and say they want to debate but truly what they want is their opposition to just sit there and believe everything they say without any dialogue what so ever as you cherrypick every thing you hear to where it is your favor and only your favor and disregard anything else. Because truly all you have been doing is regergutating the same "well it's fine if an animal does it but if you do it" back to back.
Honestly it's fine that you don't like trapping, it's fine you don't eat meat or even you just plain don't agree with us. But this whole idea of wanting to debate and talk along with the self righteous attitude to a subject your earthly biased to to the point it's a waste of everyone's time, as we say here in the south, That dog just ain't gonna hunt hand.
But alas I know where this is going if you even read it to with that being said my you be blessed by what ever being you worship

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998598
09/23/20 11:47 PM
09/23/20 11:47 PM
SE Minnesota
D
dustytinner Online content
trapper
dustytinner  Online Content
trapper
D

SE Minnesota
Petr, why did you send your response to Paul's questionnaire? Why did you choose Trapperman over other sites?

Life member Minnesota Trappers Association
FTA,Sportsmen's Alliance
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998623
09/24/20 12:43 AM
09/24/20 12:43 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Hmmm. I've had a trap snap on my fingers before.
I didn't like it much nothing broke but I bet my fingers would go numb if I left it on there. Just like an animals paw would.
I'm sure Petr that you have never been on a trap line so you don't know that many many times the caught animal is just laying there sound asleep.
You Petr just like most all the other antis have let your imagination over ride the facts.

just

Last edited by AKAjust; 09/24/20 01:04 AM.
Re: Petr [Re: Sharon] #6998637
09/24/20 03:37 AM
09/24/20 03:37 AM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
Originally Posted by Sharon
Originally Posted by newhouse114
Petr, it is always easy to hide behind what you can’t see. Unless you feed yourself from a small, self maintained organic garden you suffer the same “blood guilt” that we as hunters and trappers do. Have you ever considered the millions upon millions of small animals that make their home in the fields where your vegetables are grown? During harvest and planting those animals are tilled into the ground without any consideration. Your vegetables are produced at the cost of millions of lives but you feel superior because you don’t see it happen! Do you drive a car? You suffer blood guilt for every animal that has been killed by petroleum disasters. Maybe you ride a bicycle, same thing, the tires are made of petroleum products. Do you wear clothes? Synthetics are petroleum products. Only clothes made of organic cotton? Right back to death by farming. Please justify yourself as to how you are superior to those of us that confront death on a face to face basis. I’m sorry to inform you but you are equal to us. Denying it is just lying to yourself.

Everything used in society entails power from fuel , oil, petrol , plastic and animal products.

Living does, and that is our right and privilege , and in taking good care of things around us.

There is no true living "off the grid". Anything depending on fuel , flight , driving , medical help, taxes, everything...is dependent on all resources used well. It is either working harder, or smarter, is the only difference.

To be online here requires substantial resources with a plethora of materials used.

To be balanced as a living being , that enjoys art in all its many forms , deep love expressed, and the natural world is the key to real life lived in quality time. The human being is indeed a most amazing part of the natural world , the only one who has the ability to enjoy the beauty of that world, planning for the future and learning from the past .

To waste this amazing life in anger and misinformation is the real tragedy.

Many peoples across the world knew what the important things were to live and pursue happiness, Russians included . They still do, against all odds. Beautiful architecture, art, music, using exquisite creating power, using and appreciating real animal products in many ways , just as Americans do.

The first step in real appreciation of this life we have, is to stop being angry.

Start learning.

In Russia, there is a beautiful grouse , the Capercaillie , who has a distinct call . When they call, for those moments, they cannot hear what is in the woods close by them. It is in those times that they are most vulnerable to things they know nothing about.

Wise people, who learn, know to take in knowledge, the need to be silent, replacing repetitive loudness with wise education , knowing when they are loud , they cannot hear to learn. . They become aware of the influences around them, to their happiness and survival.

Sure we all leave our carbon footprints and food-chain footprints. THAT can't be avoided. BUT u don;t need to kill animals for fashion garments!!!

Bad things will happen to u when u are cruel.!!

Re: Petr [Re: Jacob W] #6998638
09/24/20 03:42 AM
09/24/20 03:42 AM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
Originally Posted by JPW99
Yep all these posts fall on deaf ears I can't even count how many box turtles I have helped cross the road so they don't get smashed I know this has been posted already but trappers,hunters and fishermen have dune more for wildlife than any anti group out there.These people like Petr are the same ones think it is alright to kill baby's and not animals AND how did a dork like this get in here I have read the first post but why was he let in sorry it just boggles my mind I have not read the hole thing I am late to it. I also know there has been people sharpening there axe just waiting for some one like me to post but I really don't care anymore trapper talk has changed alot in the past couple years. So what is the count 4+ liberals and a anti now.Just voicing my point of view I like animals more then most people I do not intend to stop hunting and trapping and I hope to keep doing it in most humane way possible the post Sharon rote can't get much better I read a couple other really good ones.It is sad to see posts like this on a great sight. if this is unfit please axe it and me if need be.

U call me names only because u can't refute me. How many bad things have happened to u because u trap? Ever ASK yourself?

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998640
09/24/20 03:48 AM
09/24/20 03:48 AM
Michigan
D
Ditchdiver Offline
trapper
Ditchdiver  Offline
trapper
D

Michigan
Mother Theresa had bad things happen in her life, and she was a saint....
Sorry Petr, but you make no sense.

When life gets me down..... you know hunting/trapping season is closed.
Re: Petr [Re: Pawnee] #6998641
09/24/20 03:52 AM
09/24/20 03:52 AM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
Originally Posted by Pawnee
Yes, I have an open mind. But that doesn't mean my conscience is open.

How about u? Do you have an open mind, if I show u the evils of trapping? How the animal must feel with its foot...or FACE...caught in a trap?

I’ll post once on this. Petr, what you don’t understand and probably won’t believe is that most of the guys on here love and appreciate animals and nature more than 99% of the people that proclaim to protect it. Most of them are like me. The guy that stops the tractor and moves a killdeer nest on the ground out of the way so it doesn’t get smashed, or the guy that gets off the swather and moves the two day old fawn so it doesn’t get ran over, or the guy that swerves going 60 down a dirt road to miss a snake that is just doing what he’s doing. We are those people!!!

If u are really moving fans and killdeer nests then BULLY for u!!! U have a soft heart. How come u trap then? Tell us how the animal looks when u look in its eyes? Have u ever looked in an animal's eyes when its in your trap?

Have u had bad things happen to u? Karma my friend. Quit trapping and maybe you can quit those pills u have to take for every day of your life!!!

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998642
09/24/20 04:28 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
How did you even get on here, this is supposed to be for trappers. Yes you petr?
Seem to be a trouble making anti with the comments you make.

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998643
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
Quit letting the thought of this guy trigger you guys....

Re: Petr [Re: Pike River] #6998646
09/24/20 04:48 AM
09/24/20 04:48 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Originally Posted by Pike River

No triggering me, just wanting to know how in the world he got on here?
Just a simple question, smile

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998666
09/24/20 05:39 AM
09/24/20 05:39 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Originally Posted by beartooth trapr

Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Folks Iet Petr on here in order for y'all to have the opportunity to discuss civilly with someone who doesn't agree with what we do. There's no need to be mean and nasty. If you can't make your point politely, then keep your yaps shut. He surely hasn't responded with the bad treatment you all have given him. Behave yourselves or be gone. This can be a great learning experience.

Levi
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998667
09/24/20 05:48 AM
09/24/20 05:48 AM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
I'm afraid Petr is only expressing emotional feelings.

Apparently rooted in his beliefs of karma.

No facts, no science, no real logic.

He is showing that he knows very little about the natural world.

Or how life works really.

Last edited by amspoker; 09/24/20 05:52 AM.

Levi
Re: Petr [Re: Osky] #6998678
09/24/20 06:12 AM
09/24/20 06:12 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Osky
U want to debate things of conscience and morality? SORRY I have the high ground.

U leave animals in your traps for 24 hours! Each hour of AGONY. and don't u try to tell me a steel TRAP on your foot doesn't hurt!! Try it sometime with your own foot. FOR 24 HOURS!!!

Sure animals kill other animals. Thats part of the Great Circle of Life. But U are not part of that Circle when you use artificial traps and trucks and so forth. If u caught animals with your own claws and teeth it might be allowable morally, but only for to eat! Not for FASHION garments only the rich can afford

There’s a boat load of red flags in this one.
I have seen a lot of patience and good prudence from the owner of this site over the years however this may have been a mistake.
Osky

My thoughts too but wasn't going to be the first to say it. The only thing Pekr can say is "if something bad has ever happened to you, its because you hurt animals." What about people who don't hurt animals, but still have bad things happen to them. Those 5 teenage girls that died in a car wreck, I can't imagine what they did to deserve dying. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Last edited by Gary Benson; 09/24/20 06:20 AM.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998682
09/24/20 06:17 AM
09/24/20 06:17 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

It can be difficult to discuss Western philosophy ways with Eastern philosophy moralists who hold a pantheist worldview.
Why? Because at the core, it is a religious question, not a moral question.
One's view of this world, is a person's context for everything in the world. And West is not East. It hasn't been for 2500 years.

The question(s) may be;

Petr,

What city in Russia do you call home?
To help in our exchanging of ideas, is there a particular religion you place your faith in?

It's quite helpful during the exchanging of ideas, to discover the other person's perspective.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998683
09/24/20 06:19 AM
09/24/20 06:19 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Wow really is happening right now, I've seen it all now.
I just figured prit was related to someone, i guess i have just well not sure I'm speechless.
All done

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998685
09/24/20 06:22 AM
09/24/20 06:22 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
What job do you do to earn a living, Petr?

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Petr [Re: beartooth trapr] #6998686
09/24/20 06:23 AM
09/24/20 06:23 AM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Offline
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Offline
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Originally Posted by beartooth trapr
Originally Posted by Pike River

Read first post

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998687
09/24/20 06:24 AM
09/24/20 06:24 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Humans dont use claws and teeth to kill because our brains and hand dexterity allow us to make tools.

Petr your philosophy is based on a lie. The lie that we humans are not part of the natural world.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998690
09/24/20 06:32 AM
09/24/20 06:32 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

So my dear trapper man friends, here's the deal.
Some of you may not realize there are other tribes and other tongues in our world.
Some may not really care.

We are a tribe (America) steeped in competition and my way or the highway, individualism and win at all cost.
If I had to ask my trapping pals, what do you love about America, we may get 100 answers from 100 people, and you'd all be right.
This is America and we are free to choose, true?

Most of the world is not like us. Much of the world is not near so blessed. Some of the people live in downright h_ll on earth.

Sharon's post was a fine example of humility in written form. It flows easier from a women's pen then from a man's pen in many cases, so we'd invite more humble, yet convicted posts to Petr just like it, correct?

It's a tough stance, to be convicted about something, yet remain humble in it. Especially for the male gender.
This forum isn't a winner take all. It's not win so my pride may boast, and my name will become great among the nations.
Heck, it's just a trapping forum, created in honor of one of the neatest men I've ever known.
Charlie was a humble, convicted do'er of "things," one of which happened to be trapping.
I set up next to him at conventions as often as I could years ago, because his demeanor amide all sorts of people was formative in my life.
Who are you being formative to these days, I would ask all of us prideful dudes?
I promise no one who listened and mentored from the Charles Dobbins types of this world is ranting and raving on the streets these days.
Quite the opposite.

Take a kid trapping. Or fishing. Or picking mushrooms. Our Lord provides all of us in America with plenty.
But please, if you do take a youngster, can we quite trying to make everybody a winner in all things. We've got enough of that in all the groups with acronyms for names.
Disciple them on how to get the job done right, respecting other trappers who love what they love.

Food for thought on a Thursday.
Blessings,
Mark

Page 9 of 18 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread