No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Re: Petr [Re: danny clifton] #6998696
09/24/20 06:43 AM
09/24/20 06:43 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by danny clifton
Humans dont use claws and teeth to kill because our brains and hand dexterity allow us to make tools.

Petr your philosophy is based on a lie. The lie that we humans are not part of the natural world.

danny,
Why is someone who doesn't think as you think a lier?
Seems, you're sinking your boots into the sand pretty firm on statements like this.

What human can know all there is to know?
grin

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998702
09/24/20 06:49 AM
09/24/20 06:49 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Mark I think a lot of our issues stim from our dealings and constant attacks from those in our country that tend to have the same or similar views as our new friend. Always on the defensive .

Add to the singular thought process of human kill animal = bad = why bad things happen to you and not a single thing not biased on emotion and his personal moral code. And not a single attempt to understand or present any type of open mind. He just wants to try to win just like many of our guys in a situation that there is nothing to win.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998711
09/24/20 07:00 AM
09/24/20 07:00 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

PM,
I would agree. Good points. We are attacked often. By most.
I'd offer, just as we kinda find the Petr's of the world hard to fathom, the Petr's of the world (they're not all in Russia) find us equally hard to fathom.

So how is the ball moved downfield in a football game? The fans, on the sidelines, and the players from the benches, and they players on the field can all yell for victory.
Move that ball!
Protect that endzone!

Why is it, there are coaches who are better than the other coaches - over a long, prestigious career - who whip the other coaches at "moving the team and the ball down field?"
And they are not yelling when they do it.
They are the opposite of the yellers.
If we're Americans, and we like to win, maybe quit yelling so much. wink

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Petr [Re: Jacob W] #6998731
09/24/20 07:31 AM
09/24/20 07:31 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Originally Posted by JPW99
Yep all these posts fall on deaf ears I can't even count how many box turtles I have helped cross the road so they don't get smashed I know this has been posted already but trappers,hunters and fishermen have dune more for wildlife than any anti group out there.These people like Petr are the same ones think it is alright to kill baby's and not animals AND how did a dork like this get in here I have read the first post but why was he let in sorry it just boggles my mind I have not read the hole thing I am late to it. I also know there has been people sharpening there axe just waiting for some one like me to post but I really don't care anymore trapper talk has changed alot in the past couple years. So what is the count 4+ liberals and a anti now.Just voicing my point of view I like animals more then most people I do not intend to stop hunting and trapping and I hope to keep doing it in most humane way possible the post Sharon rote can't get much better I read a couple other really good ones.It is sad to see posts like this on a great sight. if this is unfit please axe it and me if need be.

I to read the 1st post , and still hoping it's just a bad dream

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998736
09/24/20 07:43 AM
09/24/20 07:43 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
This murderer will just keep my yap shut for the rest of this.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998745
09/24/20 08:00 AM
09/24/20 08:00 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
There are animal rights folks who are highly educated and very intelligent who can articulate their beliefs exceptionally well and present a very good position in an interesting and respectful manner. That's what I was hoping for when Mr. Paul chose to open the door to some respectful dialogue. Unless there's a significant language barrier, which does not seem to be the case, Petr is not that opportunity.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998749
09/24/20 08:06 AM
09/24/20 08:06 AM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
Mark June , why are you putting words in my mouth?

Just because that woman in the video you posted claimed the covid vaccine would change peoples DNA so they could telepathically link up with the internet, doesn't mean I think you were lying. Just that I think you allowed yourself to be misled.

Last edited by danny clifton; 09/24/20 08:10 AM.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998758
09/24/20 08:18 AM
09/24/20 08:18 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Online content
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Online Content
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Mark
If you want to befriend Petr that's your choice. I have no ill will against him but just want, as your first post stated, a debate on the logic of his side against the logic of my side. No yelling or hard feelings. He may win or I my prevail but we will both learn. He chose to come to this forum to tell us we are wrong and I respect that if he is willing to defend and debate that position logically. And i don't need to understand his culture to present the logic of our trapping tradition. I see he didn't respond to any of my posts. Its not about changing his mind its about who can present the most logical case for their position.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998759
09/24/20 08:19 AM
09/24/20 08:19 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Not me danny. Petr. You called his belief a lie.
Heck, call me stupid. I don't care. You're a trapper. We're pals.

I was just typing that the words you used... that if I was the one at the other end reading it, I might think you called me a lier.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998768
09/24/20 08:24 AM
09/24/20 08:24 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Well this hole deal reminds me of a lesbian showing up at a party and 30 guy line up to try their hand at turning her straight lol.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998775
09/24/20 08:31 AM
09/24/20 08:31 AM
Rodney,Ohio
SNIPERBBB Offline
trapper
SNIPERBBB  Offline
trapper

Rodney,Ohio
The thing is the else people are not pro animal. They are anti-humanists. They'll decry everything we do that's not living in a cave and eating whatever you can forage. Of course the problem anti-humanists have is they ignore the ultimate logical end of that belief that if humans are the problem, then you eliminate the problem. They may go as far as trying to eliminate the animal users but when it's time to go to Jonestown, they'll all be standing around staring at everyone to make sure they're drinking the Kool aid before they drink it.

Re: Petr [Re: danny clifton] #6998778
09/24/20 08:37 AM
09/24/20 08:37 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Humans dont use claws and teeth to kill because our brains and hand dexterity allow us to make tools.

Petr your philosophy is based on a lie. The lie that we humans are not part of the natural world.

Best post on the whole thread.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Petr [Re: Matt28] #6998780
09/24/20 08:39 AM
09/24/20 08:39 AM
Central Ontario, Canada
C
Crit-R-Dun Offline
trapper
Crit-R-Dun  Offline
trapper
C

Central Ontario, Canada
Originally Posted by Matt28
Well this hole deal reminds me of a lesbian showing up at a party and 30 guy line up to try their hand at turning her straight lol.

When a better strategy would be to invite more lesbians.

Re: Petr [Re: Matt28] #6998792
09/24/20 08:50 AM
09/24/20 08:50 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana

That sounds really messy.

Re: Petr [Re: Matt28] #6998808
09/24/20 09:06 AM
09/24/20 09:06 AM
ny
U
upstateNY Offline
trapper
upstateNY  Offline
trapper
U

ny

But did Savell show up and wink at her? That's the question.

the wheels of the gods turn very slowly
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998820
09/24/20 09:15 AM
09/24/20 09:15 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
I'm thinking You are a type of farmer Petr. You find a cause and lead others to become interested in your cause and bring their purses with them. We see it all the time even in the gun lobby. You become the farmer when you start milking those followers of your cause.
Maybe you could make money by writing a book telling people how to rid themselves of the vermin that invades their homes, particularly this time of year when mice and rats invade their homes looking to winter over there. I'm curious just how you handle a rat problem or do you just let the rats eat your babies ears off and just say that is the life cycle. Hopefully you don't just humanely catch the vermin and relocate them down the road where they can eat you neighbors babies ears off.
How many times have we seen lovey dovey people preach live and let live. The poor coyote has to eat too. Amazing how fast their attitude changes when a coyote goes over the fence with fluffy in his mouth!

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998833
09/24/20 09:25 AM
09/24/20 09:25 AM
Pa
O
one toe Offline
trapper
one toe  Offline
trapper
O

Pa
Over populations create problems/costs. No one against hunting/trapping to remove the excess from populations, has ever offered to pay for those costs incurred.

I once debated this with another person from the "old country". He said they solved this problem by putting up fences to keep the animals out. ??? If fences are the answer, where do the animals live? LOL. Too many pie in the sky solutions to complex problems everywhere we look.

Re: Petr [Re: upstateNY] #6998851
09/24/20 09:48 AM
09/24/20 09:48 AM
Oklahoma
M
Matt28 Offline
trapper
Matt28  Offline
trapper
M

Oklahoma
Originally Posted by upstateNY

But did Savell show up and wink at her? That's the question.

That may have been where she got that Boones farm at.
I dont think yall will change petr mind till we under stand why is the way he is. I am the way I am because of who raised me. My parents worked all the time and I went to baby sitter and they had me 6 days a week sometimes over night. They raised me like I was thier own. They were a older couple that worked for what they had, they had a garden evey year hunted and fished bailed hay in the summer. The man worked a farm the women work the house. They are why I am who I am today. I drove the hay truck for them to load square bails when I was 6 couod barley touch the breaks. I was taught to depend on my self not others. There us a reason why petr believes what he does and he should explain that reasoning so we can better under stand him.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998863
09/24/20 10:11 AM
09/24/20 10:11 AM
Wyoming County Pa.
Hornady Reloader Offline
trapper
Hornady Reloader  Offline
trapper

Wyoming County Pa.
Your never going to change his mind. Just go about trapping and posting pics.

Re: Petr [Re: Hornady Reloader] #6998883
09/24/20 10:47 AM
09/24/20 10:47 AM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Originally Posted by Hornady Reloader
Your never going to change his mind. Just go about trapping and posting pics.

Many people can't change until reality sets in. Had some people move here from Chicago and started coming to our church. They wanted to rough it so got themselves some chickens so they could live off the land. Well one Sunday morning they came to church in tears and said something caught her best hen and dragged it thru a hole he dug under the fence. I stopped by there on the way home and told her it looked like a coon had done it. I told her I had traps they could set and get rid of him or I had a gun they could shoot him and maybe they could make him an appointment so they would know what time he would be there. She said we don't want to hurt him, we just want him to leave our chickens alone. I said, then you need to buy more chickens. A couple nites later he clumb the fence and got another. I explained to them they needed to fasten them in a place they could shut the door every nite and let them out in the pen the next morning. Next nite the guy lay wait watching out the bedroom window for a few hours and blasted him with a 12 gauge. So you see people can change when they are put at the pivot point where change happens, lol.

Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread