No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6998890
09/24/20 11:02 AM
09/24/20 11:02 AM
Indiana
J
Jacob W Offline
trapper
Jacob W  Offline
trapper
J

Indiana
Originally Posted by Petr
Originally Posted by JPW99
Yep all these posts fall on deaf ears I can't even count how many box turtles I have helped cross the road so they don't get smashed I know this has been posted already but trappers,hunters and fishermen have dune more for wildlife than any anti group out there.These people like Petr are the same ones think it is alright to kill baby's and not animals AND how did a dork like this get in here I have read the first post but why was he let in sorry it just boggles my mind I have not read the hole thing I am late to it. I also know there has been people sharpening there axe just waiting for some one like me to post but I really don't care anymore trapper talk has changed alot in the past couple years. So what is the count 4+ liberals and a anti now.Just voicing my point of view I like animals more then most people I do not intend to stop hunting and trapping and I hope to keep doing it in most humane way possible the post Sharon rote can't get much better I read a couple other really good ones.It is sad to see posts like this on a great sight. if this is unfit please axe it and me if need be.

U call me names only because u can't refute me. How many bad things have happened to u because u trap? Ever ASK yourself?

All right Petr do you know how many animals were killed to make that plate of salad or corn and beans what ever you eat all the chemicals that kill small animals and insects and cause bird eggs to become soft and give animals birth defects and to slowly die off and go to almost extinct or how about all those small animals and insects that got chopped up mowing that salad or kale or the grass in your yard if you have one or all the small animals and birds that get sucked in to the combine when they are picking the corn and beans EVER THINK OF THAT so maybe you should ask your self do you fit in to the cycle of life in your beliefs. Don't gripe about being called name if you don't want to be called more you have all ready called us all murderers so don't expect to be called some you self. AND the bad thing that have happen'd to me were caused by my own stupid falt not because I trap.

Last edited by JPW99; 09/24/20 11:19 AM.

FTA member
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998894
09/24/20 11:10 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
So its just the fashion industry that utilizes fur?
I was told that in Russia the poor use fur garments because they outlast the other garments.
Is that not correct Petr?
just

Last edited by AKAjust; 09/24/20 11:11 AM.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998896
Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Sharon Online content
"American Honey"
Sharon  Online Content
"American Honey"

Montana ,Rocky Mtns.
Petr, you have not responded in the least with logic or expressed any appreciation of the immense amount of thoughtful reasoning and the time it took for so many educated people here to respond to you.

You continue to be loud, repeating loud phrases , like a broken record. Just like that grouse, you are only loud and so cannot hear.

Your grammar and lack of maturity makes me think you are a child , a rather spoiled one at that. Even if you are older, your lack of left brain development is painfully apparent. If you are even in Russia, I didn't know the common people there could have access to online freedom as you seem to have.

Few people in life have the opportunity to have the help in learning of the land, animals, and human development in maturity , as you have from all the amazing ,educated, kind people here , who have extended their hands out to you in patience and time . Despite many responsibilities they have to care for...expending mental bandwidth in your behalf.

Even if you can't see their logic, maturity on your part should at least have you truly "take the high road" , expressing thanks to them all , as real men do in polite action. You have not been able once to breach the high bar and acknowledge these people in thanks. You have not even "taken the high road" and made effort to thank Mr Paul , who so graciously allowed you into his "home" on this forum.

Children are taught to be respectful and say "thank you" when they are in someone's home. You are not on any high road....but are on a high horse.

My time is valuable . I do not allow myself to be strung along, jerked around, or treated badly. My patience is by no means a door mat to walk on.

As long as you are loud , angry, insulting and repetitive, you will be the only one unhappy and wasting life and time.

I sincerely hope you are intelligent enough to never physically stand before a real man , an outdoorsman who is full of masculine power, especially a veteran , and spout the childish words you so repetitively type on your keyboard. Your learning curve will likely receive a crash course in humility.

My time is valuable , and I am done expending my bandwidth to repetitive unappreciative loudness .

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6998903
09/24/20 11:15 AM
09/24/20 11:15 AM
Indiana
J
Jacob W Offline
trapper
Jacob W  Offline
trapper
J

Indiana
U want to debate things of conscience and morality? SORRY I have the high ground.

U leave animals in your traps for 24 hours! Each hour of AGONY. and don't u try to tell me a steel TRAP on your foot doesn't hurt!! Try it sometime with your own foot. FOR 24 HOURS!!!

Sure animals kill other animals. Thats part of the Great Circle of Life. But U are not part of that Circle when you use artificial traps and trucks and so forth. If u caught animals with your own claws and teeth it might be allowable morally, but only for to eat! Not for FASHION garments only the rich can afford

The traps I use have rubber padded jaws so it don't hurt them the cast offset jaws are just as good witch you would under stand that when you think of a trap you think about the cartoon stile trap with all the big teeth that will chop your leg off if you get caught in it I have been caught in every kind of trap I use and have not been hurt in any way and all the animals I have caught kave not been ether.

FTA member
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998925
09/24/20 11:29 AM
09/24/20 11:29 AM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
I’m not sure why anyone on this site would want to waste time responding or debating this fella.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998926
09/24/20 11:33 AM
09/24/20 11:33 AM
NWT
Ryan McLeod Offline
trapper
Ryan McLeod  Offline
trapper

NWT
[Linked Image]

If you take care of the land the land will take care of you
Re: Petr [Re: Bigbrownie] #6998932
09/24/20 11:41 AM
09/24/20 11:41 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Bigbrownie
I’m not sure why anyone on this site would want to waste time responding or debating this fella.

Some might say:
It's not what you say,
It's how you say it.

Re: Petr [Re: ] #6998937
09/24/20 11:52 AM
09/24/20 11:52 AM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by Mark June
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie

Some might say:
It's not what you say,
It's how you say it.

Would those some be politicians and salesman?
Just a little humor
There is some truth in what u said Mark if your trying to connect with someone on a personal level more so than on a logical field.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6998939
09/24/20 11:55 AM
09/24/20 11:55 AM
SE Iowa USA
A
AKAjust Offline
trapper
AKAjust  Offline
trapper
A

SE Iowa USA
Here is a little information you must not be aware of Petr
Wildlife creates damage.
Damage to crops, structures, ponds , vehicles and sometimes human life.
If left uncontrolled it would be catastrophic.
That's why we have wildlife damage control.
Think traps.
Damage control goes on all year long because the damage goes on all year long.
its necessary. That fur is wasted. The animal is just thrown in a hole and buried.
Fur trapping goes on a few months a year. Fur is useful. So why not use It ?

A little personal experience for you to consider.
Early this spring I removed 11 coon from our barn. These were not babies,
Actually I relocated them. If left there think what kind of damage they and their little ones would have done. You calculate how many animals that would be.

Have a good day.
just

Last edited by AKAjust; 09/24/20 11:57 AM.
Re: Petr [Re: AKAjust] #6999025
09/24/20 01:14 PM
09/24/20 01:14 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by AKAjust
Here is a little information you must not be aware of Petr
Wildlife creates damage.
Damage to crops, structures, ponds , vehicles and sometimes human life.
If left uncontrolled it would be catastrophic.
That's why we have wildlife damage control.
Think traps.
Damage control goes on all year long because the damage goes on all year long.
its necessary. That fur is wasted. The animal is just thrown in a hole and buried.
Fur trapping goes on a few months a year. Fur is useful. So why not use It ?

A little personal experience for you to consider.
Early this spring I removed 11 coon from our barn. These were not babies,
Actually I relocated them. If left there think what kind of damage they and their little ones would have done. You calculate how many animals that would be.

Have a good day.
just

I would have looked them right in the eyes as I lined up my sights on there forehead and pulled the trigger. Unless I was relocating them to the local coon hunters club woods. But I dont want my problem to become someone else's problem. And I have had a lot of damage this year. I cant waite to get home after a week ofv16 he shifts and set traps for the rest of the groundhogs that are in my pumpkin patch and under my barn. Them t will shoot with my boys becuse youth deer season comes in this weekend. I will be skinning and processing deer and enjoying my organic sustainable meat.

Its amazing that my young boys 8 and 10 are more intune with the natural circle of life he clambers on about but do not understand.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 09/24/20 01:15 PM.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999029
09/24/20 01:16 PM
09/24/20 01:16 PM
havelock, NC
Rye Offline
trapper
Rye  Offline
trapper

havelock, NC
Skimmed through all six pages. It was of no surprise what I found, on either side. Paul opened the door for a civil conversation yet there was little to be found. I don't believe Petr was the right candidate for this position, but I think the experiment was a good one. One thing I did take away from this was that Petr regardless of his POV could never hope to successfully debate so many at once. Perhaps Paul could nominate two or three to have the civil conversation while the rest of us just read it smile I don't believe Petr could engage successfully in that either, but none the less it would narrow the focus and allow some actual conversation to take place.

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living; the world owes you nothing; it was here first. "
--Mark Twain.

Re: Petr [Re: Rye] #6999039
09/24/20 01:22 PM
09/24/20 01:22 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Originally Posted by Rye
Skimmed through all six pages. It was of no surprise what I found, on either side. Paul opened the door for a civil conversation yet there was little to be found. I don't believe Petr was the right candidate for this position, but I think the experiment was a good one. One thing I did take away from this was that Petr regardless of his POV could never hope to successfully debate so many at once. Perhaps Paul could nominate two or three to have the civil conversation while the rest of us just read it smile I don't believe Petr could engage successfully in that either, but none the less it would narrow the focus and allow some actual conversation to take place.

I agree on all points. But you will get nothing more out of this one than , trapping bad and is animals suffering is why everything bad has happened on your life. I agree with the person that said coon man would be the best man for a debate with this fellow.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 09/24/20 01:23 PM.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999041
09/24/20 01:24 PM
09/24/20 01:24 PM
williamsburg ks
D
danny clifton Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
danny clifton  Offline
"Grumpy Old Man"
D

williamsburg ks
I am done with political correctness. I am not ashamed of who I am and what I do. I am done with people who think they ought to tell me how to live. When they do tell me my polite side gets wore down pretty quick.

Those who would give up essential liberty, to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999056
09/24/20 01:40 PM
09/24/20 01:40 PM
Greene County,Virginia
R
run Offline
trapper
run  Offline
trapper
R

Greene County,Virginia
Coonman 220 ( Dave) is the man for the job.

wanna be goat farmer.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999070
09/24/20 01:52 PM
09/24/20 01:52 PM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Edom.

[Linked Image]

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999084
09/24/20 02:26 PM
09/24/20 02:26 PM
Three Lakes,WI 72
C
corky Offline
trapper
corky  Offline
trapper
C

Three Lakes,WI 72
If Petr's idea is to change peoples' minds by labeling them murderers it is a classic failure. I'm done following this thread.

Re: Petr [Re: run] #6999089
09/24/20 02:38 PM
09/24/20 02:38 PM
Pa.
B
Bigbrownie Offline
trapper
Bigbrownie  Offline
trapper
B

Pa.
Originally Posted by run
Coonman 220 ( Dave) is the man for the job.

Trapperman’s Russian Ambassador.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999117
09/24/20 03:26 PM
09/24/20 03:26 PM
KY.usa
rex123 Offline
trapper
rex123  Offline
trapper

KY.usa
First I won't try to defend trapping or hunting it is used for game control and it works. But I do have a question for you okay? I think your beliefs are based on Gia the earth mother right? Is this the same one the Greeks and others of that time worshipped? If so you should go get a big mac or something to honor her because after a little looking I see where they not only had feast in her honor where they ate a lot of different types of meat but also sacrificed {black animals only } to her. They didn't tickle them to death but the usual throat slitting and cutting up kind of sacrifice. I hope I haven't crossed any lines with this but to be against something your diety says is okay is confusing to me . Thank you for your time.

Re: Petr [Re: KeithC] #6999138
09/24/20 03:58 PM
09/24/20 03:58 PM
Ohio
G
Gone Trappin. Offline
trapper
Gone Trappin.  Offline
trapper
G

Ohio
Originally Posted by KeithC
I wrote a polite letter to Mr. Dobbins, and all I got was called ignorant.

He didn't ask my question to his forum so I will--how many have had bad things happen to u? Car accident, divorce, brake a leg, or whatever. There are no coincidences in the world, and things don't happen. How many of u have to take pills for the rest of your life? The Earth Mother, Gaia, pays u back for what u did to Her other children. have u ever looked in their eyes when u murderers have trapped them? If u do you can see in their eyes they have lives and families and suffer pain just like u do. They want to live just like u and they suffer pain just like u. If u have any heart and soul, how can u stand it? Being a murderer. Everything has a soul, don't u?

If u don't get payed back in this life, u will in the next. I KNOW this for sure.

Please know I mean u well and hope u don't bet hurt. But REMEMBER there are no coincidences in life. Bad things don't happen just because of bad luck or physical reasons.

Have a nice day.

Going with your apparent belief system, people are clearly part of the Earth Mother, Gaia's creation, as much as any animal. Animals use the resources Gaia provides to survive as do people. A rabbit is no more dead if a person kills it then a fox. The only difference is that the rabbit is less likely to suffer before dying when killed by a human. Everything that dies is used by other parts of nature. Life comes from death. A dead fox in the woods is eaten by birds, other mammals, insects, bacteria and fungus. Eventually all physical parts of it will be something else. A fox taken by a trapper provides useful fur for a time for people, but all of it will also eventually be reborn as something else. There is no true waste. Everything is connected. Everything physical will eventually be something else.

A person catching catching an animal to use is as completely natural as fox catching an animal to use. There is no real difference.

Keith

Hey Petr, aren’t you the people that have to take pills because you lack certain proteins? Also so if you have to take pills in the future I guess you are a terrible person to earth. You lack logic bud.

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6999145
09/24/20 04:06 PM
09/24/20 04:06 PM
Ohio
G
Gone Trappin. Offline
trapper
Gone Trappin.  Offline
trapper
G

Ohio
Yes, I have an open mind. But that doesn't mean my conscience is open.

How about u? Do you have an open mind, if I show u the evils of trapping? How the animal must feel with its foot...or FACE...caught in a trap?

I know how good it felt when my grandpa helped me catch my first muskrat. Also yes I’ve seen their face they are just scared of me because I’m a human. Then I shoot them. Most of the time they are already dead in a conibear. Also have you looked in the face of an animal because you can’t see the difference between a coyote and a fox.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread