No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999443
09/24/20 10:00 PM
09/24/20 10:00 PM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
Ok, u want arguments? Debate? I'll show u debate, but only a few at a time plz. I didn't agree to do this so I could run people off this site! How would you look in the mirror if an "anti" ran u off this site!? lol, lol. I[m only stating my opinions for u to consider. I won't call anyone a murderer anymore, if that hurts your feelings!! lol, lol

1. U say Nature is cruel. But that's no excuse for us to be cruel too. Enlightened human beings should not have to trap to live with Gaia. U don't need to kill and eat the animals u trap!!!

2. I bet most of u don't even eat them, just take their fur. Mostly for pure FASHION garments!!!

3. In this day and age, no one has to trap to survive.

4. What about the MAJORITY of peeps, who just want to view animals in nature? If u trap them all, what about them?

5. Most people don't want to wear animal fur. A little bit of petroleum product is better than a pile of dead animals.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999448
09/24/20 10:03 PM
09/24/20 10:03 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
You left out the part about coyotes eating calves and sheep. What's a rancher to do?
Nobody is going to trap them ALL.
Most can't afford to wear fur. It is very expensive. Because it is popular worldwide.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999450
09/24/20 10:05 PM
09/24/20 10:05 PM
Iowa
T
trapdog1 Offline
trapper
trapdog1  Offline
trapper
T

Iowa
And now comes 13 more pages of trying to reason with a moron.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999467
09/24/20 10:19 PM
09/24/20 10:19 PM
missouri
S
salemtrapper Offline
trapper
salemtrapper  Offline
trapper
S

missouri
Number 4 gets me, I want to go with the guys that trap all the wild life to where they don't exist... They are good and I could learn alot! I mean it won't do me any good, because wildlife doesn't exist for me to trap!

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999472
09/24/20 10:23 PM
09/24/20 10:23 PM
Southern Illinois
F
Foxpaw Offline
trapper
Foxpaw  Offline
trapper
F

Southern Illinois
Come on Petr, you seem like an intelligent person. I can't believe in times of pestilence like in the 14th century you wouldn't lift a hand to knock a flea ridden rat in the head and toss it in the fire. Or does your Mother Goddess not allow that?

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6999477
09/24/20 10:32 PM
09/24/20 10:32 PM
East of the Mason-Dixon Line
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Petr
Ok, u want arguments? Debate? I'll show u debate, but only a few at a time plz. I didn't agree to do this so I could run people off this site! How would you look in the mirror if an "anti" ran u off this site!? lol, lol. I[m only stating my opinions for u to consider. I won't call anyone a murderer anymore, if that hurts your feelings!! lol, lol

1. U say Nature is cruel. But that's no excuse for us to be cruel too. Enlightened human beings should not have to trap to live with Gaia. U don't need to kill and eat the animals u trap!!!

2. I bet most of u don't even eat them, just take their fur. Mostly for pure FASHION garments!!!

4. What about the MAJORITY of peeps, who just want to view animals in nature? If u trap them all, what about them?

5. Most people don't want to wear animal fur. A little bit of petroleum product is better than a pile of dead animals.

We all love to see animals in nature. Regulated, lawful trapping has NEVER caused an animal to be driven to extinction. Although, trapping has helped bring animals back from extinction and has even helped to reintroduce and reestablish many species in many parts of the world.

Who is John Galt?

You don't rise to the occasion, you fall to the level of your training.

Semper Paratus
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999480
09/24/20 10:34 PM
09/24/20 10:34 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
"Callie's little brother"
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
We have to decide on a couple to debate him and they have to be willing.

Petr
Can you give us a time of the day that works best for you and how much time you can allow a day for this debate. I think one or two posts from you a day might be too slow a pace

Re: Petr [Re: Yes sir] #6999485
09/24/20 10:37 PM
09/24/20 10:37 PM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Originally Posted by Yes sir

Petr
Can you give us a time of the day that works best for you and how much time you can allow a day for this debate. I think one or two posts from you a day might be too slow a pace

Maybe a zoom meeting?

Have it moderated and microphones turned on by the moderator.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999490
09/24/20 10:44 PM
09/24/20 10:44 PM
Coldspring Texas
Savell Online crying
"Wilbur"
Savell  Online Crying
"Wilbur"

Coldspring Texas
Lol

Insert profound nonsense here
Re: Petr [Re: DelawareRob] #6999505
09/24/20 11:06 PM
09/24/20 11:06 PM
Marion Kansas
Y
Yes sir Offline
Yes sir  Offline
Y

Marion Kansas
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Originally Posted by Yes sir

Petr

Maybe a zoom meeting?

Have it moderated and microphones turned on by the moderator.

Would be interesting if it could be done through trapperman

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999509
09/24/20 11:11 PM
09/24/20 11:11 PM
Ohio, USA
Ave Offline
trapper
Ave  Offline
trapper

Ohio, USA
You can’t reason with someone who’s “facts” are entirely based on emotion and assumptions. We are 13 pages in and this guy has yet to give us 1 solid proven fact.

Last edited by Ave; 09/24/20 11:12 PM.

Ave don't go where the beaver don't flow
Re: Petr [Re: pcr2] #6999512
09/24/20 11:17 PM
09/24/20 11:17 PM
Goldsboro, North Carolina
Paul Dobbins Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"
Paul Dobbins  Offline OP
"Trapperman custodian"

Goldsboro, North Carolina
Originally Posted by pcr2
if i wanted to deal with anti's i'd a joined THEIR site,please remove me little boy dobbins,your dad would roll over in his grave.

Too bad you're no longer with us. You were in the running for the biggest post count - lol. For your info, he's not rolling at all. You have no idea of what you're talking about, and when you do, you'll be most embarrassed. Education is something dad placed a lot of emphasis on, in case you've not picked up on that. This is a good opportunity, but unfortunately you'll not be part of. As far as your comment about there not being any real trappers on here, I think you're delusional. There are many very good trappers on this site. Perhaps you should go over to that anti-trapperman-anti trapper site and give your all. Burned bridges leaves nothing but ashes. And you can't build crap on ashes.

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #6999527
09/24/20 11:40 PM
09/24/20 11:40 PM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Originally Posted by Petr

1. I don’t have to live in peace with gaia don’t believe in it.
2. I will eat bobcat, and coon and if I trapped beaver I’d eat those also. I don’t wear fur because I have none to wear. Once I sell my hides I don’t give a dern what is done with them.
3. Maybe not. But I trap so other animals can live.
4. National parks are a great place with plenty of animals to gaze at I don’t trap national parks because it’s illegal.
5. Like I said I don’t have any fur to wear. Our fish and wildlife services study the time of year when the youn of the year are old enough to be on their own. That’s when we trap if I trap a baby I’ll let it go. Having a pile of dead animals is weird I don’t pile them up. Petroleum products are killing wildlife you aren’t doing them any favors.

I’m assuming you support PETA we they kill animals and don’t say they don’t it’s been proven. They take in strays and sick but if they are to sick or costing to much money to take care of they gas them and throw em in a dumpster.
I’m stating truth here if you don’t agree we can come to an agreement to disagree

Last edited by KYtrapper2005; 09/24/20 11:41 PM.

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Petr [Re: trapdog1] #6999549
09/25/20 12:13 AM
09/25/20 12:13 AM
MO
cfowler Offline
trapper
cfowler  Offline
trapper

MO
Originally Posted by trapdog1
I can't believe one moron has caused 13 pages of grief.

It’s been pretty interesting. ”Grief”is for when you lose something or someone. Like when pcr lost his mind, then we lost him. My grieving time is over, now loneliness is setting in.

I trap for fun. I skin 'em for the money!
Grinners For Life-Lifetime Member, MO Chapter, Den #1
~You Grin, You're In~
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999554
09/25/20 12:20 AM
09/25/20 12:20 AM
DelawareRob Offline
trapper
DelawareRob  Offline
trapper

Also, if you’re logged in you only see 6 pages.

Have a goodnight everyone.

Who is John Galt?

Semper Paratus
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999564
09/25/20 12:59 AM
09/25/20 12:59 AM
AK
F
FairbanksLS Offline
trapper
FairbanksLS  Offline
trapper
F

AK
I have no problem discussing trapping with people who are willing to listen. I find that is more likely to occur when in person. The internet is where people come to have pishing contests, not debates. Time to lock the goats up for the night. Lots of predators around.

formerly posting as white dog
Re: Petr [Re: DelawareRob] #6999566
09/25/20 01:11 AM
09/25/20 01:11 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Originally Posted by DelawareRob
Who is kissing butt?

I’m not seeing it.

If you live in a vacuum with only your own beliefs, they don’t get tested and you lose your edge for defending them.

Relax Batman.

I will miss , "only pay for what need" uuuuuh a " pig castorater" laugh

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Petr [Re: white17] #6999567
09/25/20 01:17 AM
09/25/20 01:17 AM
Montana
B
beartooth trapr Offline
trapper
beartooth trapr  Offline
trapper
B

Montana
Originally Posted by white17
Don't let the door hit ya !

cry no more peeekers

Let me sugar coat this
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999570
09/25/20 01:31 AM
09/25/20 01:31 AM
Indiana
J
Jacob W Offline
trapper
Jacob W  Offline
trapper
J

Indiana
I liked pcr2 its sad the resson he is gone is because of a anti poking around where he don't need to be stirring the pot ticking people off.Petr is the only one having fun watching this crazyness seeing how long a post he can make comes in and posts gets 2 or 3 pages and posts again he is playing us like a fiddle.If we don't start acting like adults and ignoring him he won't go away.There are pletty of real trappers on here BOCO ,BOB JAMISON,MARK JUNE, Paul Dobbins even DANNY I don't agree with him on politics but I like his flintlock posts any way back to the subject these are just a few I can think of and the sad thing is I think me personal most of us will be gone in 50 years and trapping will most likely be outlawed most every where and you and your kind will have your way and can go out hug your tree and look at all the animals that ain't there because mother nature had to step in and control them in the most cruel slow way of death possible but you don't care how an animal dies whether by man or nature you just think we should not be doing what we love to do guess you never herd mind your own business.I can't believe this happen'd I am going to have to take a break from here before I end up like pcr2. I also am a believe in Jesus and will continue to do so and my mind will not be changed in any way.

FTA member
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #6999578
09/25/20 03:16 AM
09/25/20 03:16 AM
OBX N.C.
Leary Sink Offline
trapper
Leary Sink  Offline
trapper

OBX N.C.
Petr
Im not the most well educated person as I grew up having to work rather than go to college. I worked over 30 years in public service and learned a great deal about people based on my training and experiences.
But Im still learning everyday that I’min the outdoors, learning about animals, nature and the world view on different subjects. I learn everyday from the trappers on this site, men and women with diverse backgrounds who are true outdoors men and women, conservationists who understand the role trapping holds in supporting healthy wildlife populations.

If you were to look at the archives here you would find out about people such as the late Jonathan Weber, who was not only an accomplished trapper but a lover of wildlife and nature. For many years his wildlife photography simply awed the members here and it still does today. You should take the time to look at his photography and marvel at it. He was a amazing man.
Then there is Sharon whom you have had different posts she submitted to you to attempt to present a valid logical and informed view from her experience and perspective. Miss Sharon is the perfect role model for the true outdoors woman for young women today.
She is a well known artist doing wildlife artwork for various magazines. Her art is perfection, and leaves one with the feeling they can tell what the animal is thinking when you look at it. Mr. Joe Goodman is another.

They are amazing artists who truly love nature, and God’s creatures. You don't find people such as this to be cruel and sadistic killers of wildlife. You can not achieve their level of expertise without having respect for that animal, knowing the animal and what it’s habits are. You only achieve that through being outdoors studying the animal so that you know everything about it the animal.

Unfortunately for you I can see from your posts that you came here with a closed mind, insisting and with the perverted belief you are the only one on the “moral high ground“.
Unfortunately for you, you have never gotten to experience the real world we live in, “Mother Nature” because of your biased views of life and others. You have been indoctrinated in your beliefs, brainwashed to believe what you believe.

As for myself and the others here, we believe that trapping is necessary to maintain healthy wildlife populations. There are way too many raccoons and fox in the area where I live. Due to it being a resort area on a barrier island with suburban sprawl there is not enough habitat trees for the raccoons. Our raccoons have adapted to living in attics & buildings instead of trees. With this going on we have raccoons born in an attic that have a better mortality rate than those born in a tree as nature intended. The result is more raccoons survive but due to the high overpopulation every couple of years the raccoon population is overcome by disease, rabies, parvo, distemper, mange and others are killed by vehicles on roadways. Fox are overpopulated due to the lack of hunting or trapping to help reduce their population to a healthy carrying capacity. They suffer the same fate. It is something truly sad to see a once beautiful animal slowly dying of a disease caused by overpopulation. Nature is beautiful but cruel.

Im a trapper and proud of it. I have been trained to utilize the “Best Management Practices” to utilize the correct and ethical trap for each animal. Animals are depending on the type of trap ether humanly killed when caught or are securely and humanely held. Old style of traps which Im sure you have seen from outdated pictures from anti organizations such as PETA and the Humane Society are not in compliance with BMP’s are not allowed to be used in order to prevent animal suffering and injury.

There are many members on this forum who I would love to know what they have forgotten about wildlife and the outdoors world, I would love to have had the chance to experience the beauty of nature that they have seen and continue to experience.
Have you ever been watching a creek flow by and get to watch a doe with it’s fawns feeding or seen a majestic bear or bull elk. These are some of what trappers get to experience while trapping.

It isn’t just random killing of animals and intentional infliction of pain and stress and suffering as you have been indoctrinated to believe. We are doing a much needed service providing for healthy future generations of wildlife.

I realize that no one on this forum, even our more learned and articulate members will not be able to find the words to get you to at least entertain a thought of looking at this from our side. We on the other hand, have looked at your side and viewpoint and found them to be pure hogwash, based on propaganda, fiction , outright lies by the uninformed and not proven by scientific research and testing. ( Heres a clue, look up BMP’s)
Trappers are continuously evolving, using better equipment and techniques and through forums such as this, constantly sharing their knowledge and “passing it on to others” to help us be better trappers, outdoorsmen and women and share the resources with belief in conservation and respect.

Your are entitled to your opinions and I’m entitled to mine. I and the others here have no problem blowing holes in your uneducated and uninformed view on something you have no idea what you are talking about.

Give it your best shot Petr. You wouldn't know “moral high ground” if you got ran over on it by a Prius full of vegan PETA protesters!

Best wishes to you
Leary Sink
Kill Devil Hills, NC

Last edited by Leary Sink; 09/25/20 03:33 AM.
Page 13 of 18 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread