No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000375
09/25/20 08:41 PM
09/25/20 08:41 PM
7mtns of CENTRAL PA
GROUSEWIT Online content
trapper
GROUSEWIT  Online Content
trapper

7mtns of CENTRAL PA
Like I said "LALA LAND" no comprehension of carrying capacity or any rational management practices!!! He's stuck on ignorant mode.

NRALIFER,PRPA LIFER,HUNTER,FURTAKER
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #7000376
09/25/20 08:43 PM
09/25/20 08:43 PM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Offline
trapper
Dirt  Offline
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Petr
BUT Mr. Boco what if u plug up those holes...some of them...so the water stays more in the tub? Then the tub has more carrying capacity right?

Someone said they feed the carcasses back to nature...plugging the holes. Why not plug most of the holes by feeding the animals through winter?

Instead of all the money u spend on trapping (and hunting, another vile sport) why don't u help pay for feed stations to help the animals through winter?

PLUG those holes!!!

You start feeding animals, they turn into modern humans; dependant on handouts. Boco may be that cruel, but not me. Probably why it is illegal here.

Who is John Galt?
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000378
09/25/20 08:46 PM
09/25/20 08:46 PM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Because petr we WORK for our money! It’s ours! We can do with it what we want. Other animals have the opportunity to eat I’m taking animals out of the population which gives other animals a chance to eat and I feed the rest to my dogs or myself. It’s going to make me and my dogs stronger. It’s good for dogs to have wild meat. What do your pets eat?

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000380
09/25/20 08:47 PM
09/25/20 08:47 PM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
Feeders can be automated, right? No real handout.

Don't deer hunters use automated feeders?!! I heard they do, so there will be more deer to slaughter.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000383
09/25/20 08:49 PM
09/25/20 08:49 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Petr, you should be more like this guy.

[Linked Image]

Levi
Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #7000384
09/25/20 08:50 PM
09/25/20 08:50 PM
Amite county Mississippi
Wolfdog91 Offline
trapper
Wolfdog91  Offline
trapper

Amite county Mississippi
BUT Mr. Boco what if u plug up those holes...some of them...so the water stays more in the tub? Then the tub has more carrying capacity right?

Someone said they feed the carcasses back to nature...plugging the holes. Why not plug most of the holes by feeding the animals through winter?

Instead of all the money u spend on trapping (and hunting, another vile sport) why don't u help pay for feed stations to help the animals through winter?

PLUG those holes!!!

Your not plugging holes at that point your just patching them so more water builds and when it finally burst instead of a drip your going to have the bottom fall out. Just give up and admit you have no real desire or care to learn or truly debate. Again your working off of emotion and short term thinking at best.
Your cherry picking the easiest parts of all these arguments you can somewhat argue and not looking at any of the others. Honestly I could print out all the reverent responses and your questions and give them to actual open minded people and most of them who don't work purely off of emotion and are non biased will say what I just stated.

Re: Petr [Re: Wolfdog91] #7000385
09/25/20 08:53 PM
09/25/20 08:53 PM
Russia
P
Petr Offline
trapper
Petr  Offline
trapper
P

Russia
Originally Posted by Wolfdog91

PLUG those holes!!!

Your not plugging holes at that point your just patching them so more water builds and when it finally burst instead of a drip your going to have the bottom fall out. Just give up and admit you have no real desire or care to learn or truly debate. Again your working off of emotion and short term thinking at best.
Your cherry picking the easiest parts of all these arguments you can somewhat argue and not looking at any of the others. Honestly I could print out all the reverent responses and your questions and give them to actual open minded people and most of them who don't work purely off of emotion and are non biased will say what I just stated.

So you are not biased, I suppose!!

If u don't like the way I debate, too bad. I don't like the way u go on and on about who's biases...when we all are!!!

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000386
09/25/20 08:55 PM
09/25/20 08:55 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
So Petr, what would you feed a meat-eating coyote so they don't get hungry?
Paul, you screwed up badly here.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000387
09/25/20 08:56 PM
09/25/20 08:56 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Putin says fish on!

[Linked Image]

Levi
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000389
09/25/20 08:58 PM
09/25/20 08:58 PM
Kentucky
KYtrapper2005 Offline
trapper
KYtrapper2005  Offline
trapper

Kentucky
Petr what would you feed a starving dog???

Trapping is what built North America, why take that away?

pro second amendment-- pro God-- pro Trump-- Pro America!
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000394
09/25/20 09:03 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
400,000 coyotes a year murdered in the US each year and the numbers are growing. What do you feed a meat-eating animal without killing another animal?

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000395
Sugar Grove, WV
J
JTfromWV Offline
trapper
JTfromWV  Offline
trapper
J

Sugar Grove, WV
People push emotional buttons for one reason only. To see the reaction. When they don't get a reaction, it takes the fun away and they soon quit.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000402
09/25/20 09:07 PM
09/25/20 09:07 PM
Southeast Ohio
amspoker Offline
trapper
amspoker  Offline
trapper

Southeast Ohio
Putin, sporting the fur.

[Linked Image]

Levi
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000413
09/25/20 09:17 PM
09/25/20 09:17 PM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
This here is an exercise in futility and stupidity. Ignore and IT
will go away. Come on folks... not worth it.

Re: Petr [Re: Petr] #7000420
09/25/20 09:26 PM
09/25/20 09:26 PM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.

PLUG those holes!!!

Incorrect,You only kick the problem down the road if you do that,it is the opposite of taking too much and harming the breeding stock.The animals quickly become overpopulated beyond the carrying capacity of the land and since the extra animals also reproduce, you soon have a disaster on your hands.The animals get to a point where they harm the ecosystem resulting in a diminished carrying capacity for all those animals now on the landscape.Now nature will strive to return the balance thru starvation and disease and it will be many many years of hardly no animals on the landscape before the habitat begins to come back where it is capable of sustaining a healthy population,in balance once again.Man can in no way sustain artificially high numbers of animals for any length of time.We have to work within natures limits.Trappers however can and do help increase the carrying capacity of a trapline for some carnivores by providing the animal carcasses he has taken earlier in the season.This will insure optimum reproductive sucess for these species to help keep the natural balance and provide sustainable harvest optimums for consumptive use.
This is what happens when mans role in nature as the top predator is abolished.The balance is out of whack.If mans role as top predator is reversed and he actually starts artificially sustaining animals on the landscape without doing his duty to take the excess as provided each year the collapse will be more severe and prolonged with many animals suffering horribly and unneccesarily,for no reason.Mother Nature WILL take over in a very harsh and ruthless manner.

Trappers help out animals in late winter in order to increase the carrying capacity to a degree to insure a good future harvest that is sustainable at a time when animals need body fat to assure reproductive success.
Man is an intergral part of the web of life and has been since time immemmorial.Man has the role of top predator in natures web and this role is a responsibility that trappers take seriously.
Modern city people are far removed from nature and have become mere observers.Trappers are actually participants in the natural scheme of things a role man has always held and will always need to do.
Once animals are no longer managed as a renewable natural resource with value,they will become nuisance vermin and will be destroyed en masse by people living in the cities when they encroach.
This is how wildlife is treated in europe today.Millions of beautiful muskrats are killed and left to rot in the netherlands nowadays since man has not held up his role as a wildlife manager.Instead of providing a sustainable harvest of beautifully warm clothing for people and managed at a sustainable healthy balanced population,man has stepped aside and now what was once a valuable resource to be treasured has become a disease ridden infestation to be thrown on the trash heap.

Last edited by Boco; 09/25/20 09:29 PM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Petr [Re: Boco] #7000422
09/25/20 09:28 PM
09/25/20 09:28 PM
nwpa
F
furstroker Offline
trapper
furstroker  Offline
trapper
F

nwpa
Originally Posted by Boco

PLUG those holes!!!

Incorrect,You only kick the problem down the road if you do that,it is the opposite of taking too much and harming the breeding stock.The animals quickly become overpopulated beyond the carrying capacity of the land and since the extra animals also reproduce, you soon have a disaster on your hands.The animals get to a point where they harm the ecosystem resulting in a diminished carrying capacity for all those animals now on the landscape.Now nature will strive to return the balance thru starvation and disease and it will be many many years of hardly no animals on the landscape before the habitat begins to come back where it is capable of sustaining a healthy population,in balance once again.Man can in no way artificially sustain animals at the degree that nature does thru a proper healthy balance.Trappers however can and do help increase the carrying capacity of a trapline for some carnivores by providing the animal carcasses he has taken earlier in the season.This will insure optimum reproductive sucess for these species to help keep the natural balance and provide sustainable harvest optimums.
This is what happens when mans role in nature as the top predator is abolished.The balance is out of whack.If mans role as top predator is reversed and he actually starts artificially sustaining animals on the landscape without doing his duty to take the excess as provided each year the collapse will be more severe and prolonged with many animals suffering horribly and unneccesarily,for no reason.Mother Nature WILL take over in a very harsh and ruthless manner.

Trappers help out animals in late winter in order to increase the carrying capacity to a degree to insure a good future harvest that is sustainable at a time when animals need body fat to assure reproductive success.
Man is an intergral part of the web of life and has been since time immemmorial.Man has the role of top predator in natures web and this role is a responsibility that trappers take seriously.
Modern city people are far removed from nature and have become mere observers.Trappers are actually participants in the natural scheme of things a role man has always held and will always need to do.
Once animals are no longer managed as a renewable natural resource with value,they will become nuisance vermin and will be destroyed en masse by people living in the cities when they encroach.
This is how wildlife is treated in europe today.Millions of beautiful muskrats are killed and left to rot in the netherlands nowadays since man has not held up his role as a wildlife manager.Instead of providing a sustainable harvest of beautifully warm clothing for people and managed at a sustainable healthy balanced population,man has stepped aside and now what was once a valuable resource to be treasured has become a disease ridden infestation to be thrown on the trash heap.

Get him learned up Mr. Boco....but i doubt he hears.

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000423
09/25/20 09:30 PM
09/25/20 09:30 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Well crap, finally have the gumption to say it.
Been following without saying a word as I'm on Paul's chopping block ( walking on thin ice)

I KNEW from page one this was gonna be a crap show!!
I seen zero good from it.with all the good people axed from this site for speaking their mind, I cannot fathom how far this thread has evolved?

I've been a member of Predator Masters for years and watched its demise over this same type of thing.
No Paul, you can't please everyone. This site has a HUGE audience and other then a small minority, we mostly want the same things in life.

We wanna hunt,trap,fish and basically want to do we wanna do.
Some of us (the Forum)like to tell our stories and experiences with like minded people.

You have several times given me a " vacation "over stepping the "rules of this board.yet one rule is
" No Antis"
Is Petr not one?

Ok, back to my corner.

Last edited by bucksnbears; 09/25/20 09:47 PM.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Petr [Re: furstroker] #7000425
09/25/20 09:33 PM
09/25/20 09:33 PM
Indiana
J
Jacob W Offline
trapper
Jacob W  Offline
trapper
J

Indiana
Petr I don't see you plugging your hole or holes depends witch end you talk out of
Originally Posted by furstroker
This here is an exercise in futility and stupidity. Ignore and IT
will go away. Come on folks... not worth it.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ This is what I put in a my last post ignore him and he will go away

Last edited by JPW99; 09/25/20 09:36 PM.

FTA member
Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000426
09/25/20 09:34 PM
North Central Montana
BigSkyTrapper Offline
trapper
BigSkyTrapper  Offline
trapper

North Central Montana

Before you argue with
someone, ask yourself, is that
person even mentally mature
enough to grasp the concept
of a different perspective.

Because if not, there's
absolutely no point.

Author Unknown

Re: Petr [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7000427
Northern Missouri
Northmocats Offline
trapper
Northmocats  Offline
trapper

Northern Missouri
Speaks better English then most Americans and types it also. Alt-Shift to Some Russian dialect or I call B.S. on this Fake account.

Alt-Shift- I wanna see some Russian Cyrillic.

Page 17 of 18 1 2 15 16 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread