No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt [Re: dkrug] #7001225
09/26/20 07:04 PM
09/26/20 07:04 PM
Northeast Wisconsin
N
NE Wildlife Offline
trapper
NE Wildlife  Offline
trapper
N

Northeast Wisconsin
Lol they love golf too, and trapping! Every day doesn’t have
To be good. I have lots of days in the tree I enjoy that I don’t see deer.
Having one right now lol haven’t seen a thing yet

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt [Re: dkrug] #7001241
09/26/20 07:24 PM
09/26/20 07:24 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
I try to make it as easy as possible for my young boys. Some hunts include heater in a ground blind Caldwell field pod food and snacks. Other hunts may be a 2 mile walk and they are brushing 2"of snow off them when we get up to leave. It all depends on where we are hunting.

On my farm out my back door it tends to be easy and comfortable. On public ground hunts it's more challenging getting where others won't , well sometimes. Last year in KY while public ground hunting instead of going deep we were close to the parking lot. Paid off as well.

The main thing is take kids hunting and make it educational and fun. Successful if you can. Hunters and trappers are getting less and less in numbers every year. Without hooking the youth on the outdoors when they are young it will be a thing of the past.

My kids like antlers would like to shoot large bucks its what's on tv but they don't obsess over them. They know dad has only shot 5 deer out of probably around or over 100 that had any antlers. Yea I let small ones walk I would rather let them grow and eat does. It 100% up to my boys what they shoot unless it's a time and temperature issue with getting them on ice.
I will never understand grown men getting jealous of a kids sucess.

Last edited by Providence Farm; 09/26/20 09:09 PM.
Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt [Re: dkrug] #7001248
09/26/20 07:32 PM
09/26/20 07:32 PM
western mn
B
bucksnbears Offline
trapper
bucksnbears  Offline
trapper
B

western mn
Well Big Man, ;), I can see why YOU would wanna make it an easy,comfy hunt whistle
You don't get it and I ain't gonna waste anymore time with your nonsense.

swampgas chili and schmidt beer makes for a deadly combo

You have to remember that 1 out of 3 Democratic Voters is just as dumb as the other two.
Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt [Re: bucksnbears] #7001252
09/26/20 07:37 PM
09/26/20 07:37 PM
Iowa
~ADC~ Offline
The Count
~ADC~  Offline
The Count

Iowa
Originally Posted by bucksnbears
Well Big Man, ;), I can see why YOU would wanna make it an easy,comfy hunt whistle
You don't get it and I ain't gonna waste anymore time with your nonsense.

Oh look a fat joke. How intelligent.

I guess you really are as you seem.

Re: Nice Iowa youth buck hunt [Re: dkrug] #7001382
09/26/20 09:48 PM
09/26/20 09:48 PM
SW Georgia
W
Wanna Be Offline
trapper
Wanna Be  Offline
trapper
W

SW Georgia
I made it easy and comfortable for my older boys and will do the same for CJ. I let them shoot whatever they wanted while I waited on what made me happy. My oldest is now 23 and won’t shoot anything under 140”. That’s no influence from Dad other than realizing if you want bigger bucks, they have to live long enough to reach their potential. Now this same oldest once shot a fawn and thought nothing of it, lol. He said it was just the right size to grill whole.
I can promise you this, when CJ is ready, I will have him the biggest buck I can find and pattern waiting for him on opening day. If a spike walks out first and he wants to shoot it, well then I’ll let him shoot that spike and post it for everyone to see and be dang proud of it.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread