No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: danny clifton] #7001720
09/27/20 10:27 AM
09/27/20 10:27 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Originally Posted by danny clifton
Used in place of ear muffs or plugs Hobbie. They are so simple to make that anyone wanting a few for nefarious purpose already has them. Just like auto's.

They are banned because of Hollyweird and morons that pass laws without knowing anything about firearms.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: James] #7001731
09/27/20 10:35 AM
09/27/20 10:35 AM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
Originally Posted by James
So how long should the Senate sit on a nomination without even taking a vote? One year? How about four years, the length of a president's term?

What if:

1. Trump wins re-election;

2. Control of the Senate changes hands; and

3. A SC seat comes vacant?

Could the Dems sit on the nomination for Trump's whole second term? That's where your argument leads, and you'd better be wary of payback when it comes.

Jim

Jim ,

Yes in theory that could happen, how ever what i hope would happen is what has happened in the past and the president would nominate a judge that both parties could support. And things would move forward. At least 1 of obummers court picks was voted in with a Republican senate.

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: James] #7001746
09/27/20 10:44 AM
09/27/20 10:44 AM
SE NEBRASKA
NebrCatMan Offline
trapper
NebrCatMan  Offline
trapper

SE NEBRASKA
So how long should the Senate sit on a nomination without even taking a vote? One year? How about four years, the length of a president's term?

What if:

1. Trump wins re-election;

2. Control of the Senate changes hands; and

3. A SC seat comes vacant?

Could the Dems sit on the nomination for Trump's whole second term? That's where your argument leads, and you'd better be wary of payback when it comes.

Jim

I try not to comment often on political posts , but every now and then I do. Some very truthful comments in here. James and Paul stated two which really caught my eye. I too feel Coney Barrett is certainly a good choice for the job. Yes it will swing the court to a more conservative opinion in many cases. I think this swing will be good for America. The big debate seems to be the same old dems vs republicans thing , not just respecting the others side. Years ago if we didn't like something someone else did we just kinda kept quiet about it and didn't let that decision "get our goat". Changed what we could when we could. Seemed to have worked as most got along not to bad. But today every little thing makes the other side squeal like a piglet getting squeezed. Then momma gets all worked up and pretty soon every hog within hearing distance is in a big huff. Paul said elections play a big part of what we do... as a country. Best is to change it at the polls but even there it's a fight. Just can't accept the others sides actions. Only one thing can give us peace, as certainly it's been shown any man cannot. That is for all to turn and open their hearts to the one GOD that created the heavens and this earth and all who live here. For all the "God ain't real" people on here all I can say is I once was a non believer..... but one day the Lord put me on my knees and came into my heart. Now when I am take time to look at all the things in this world and realize that no matter how hard our smartest scholars and scientists work.... they just can't make most living creatures out of thin air. Again , I think there are some really good comments here. And I am happy to see my T Man family debate such an issue in a civil way. I don't argue on line with another as then there would be 2 fools going at it. Nothing getting done. Just my 2.75 cents worth.

Remember "Forbidden Fruit makes many Jams"
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Lugnut] #7001760
09/27/20 10:53 AM
09/27/20 10:53 AM
Armpit, ak
D
Dirt Online content
trapper
Dirt  Online Content
trapper
D

Armpit, ak
Originally Posted by Lugnut
It's not just SCOTUS judges Finster although they're obviously very important. He has also appointed and had confirmed 218 Article III federal judges including the two SCOTUS picks. We have recently seen some of the favorable rulings of those appointments/confirmations.

I have no idea why Obama left so many seats vacant. My best guess is that he thought Clinton was a shoe-in and may have been under orders to leave them for her. Either that or laziness.

P.S. Don't forget to thank Harry Reid! He set the precedent for Mitch to follow.

"In November 2013, Senate Democrats led by Harry Reid used the nuclear option to eliminate the 60-vote rule on executive branch nominations and federal judicial appointments,"

Who is John Galt?
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: danny clifton] #7001761
09/27/20 10:55 AM
09/27/20 10:55 AM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by danny clifton
To buy auto's and suppressors off the shelf again, will take a repeal of the NFA by congress and senate. The supreme's have already decided the law is constitutional. I doubt any of them vote to overturn an old court decision. Same with Roe V Wade. Only that will take a constitutional amendment now. Something I don't see happening.

Big R promised us that suppressors would be removed from the NFA list. We need to remind them of that. Often.

I agree with this and am very disappointed that H.R. 155, the Hearing Protection Act, was not passed when R's held the House and Senate. The Act would have removed silencers/suppressors from NFA and removed any registration and licensing requirements.

I don't know much about suppressors but I don't think they are effective at limiting noise unless you are using sub-sonic ammunition. I can see where one might be useful on a trap line dispatch weapon in suburban areas.

Regardless, they should not be on the NFA list of regulated devices.

Eh...wot?

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Finster] #7001771
09/27/20 11:07 AM
09/27/20 11:07 AM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Besides noise reduction suppressors also reduse recoil around 30%. Its nice being able to hunt with a 243 and 7mm08 with my youngsters and not only have them sound like a .22lr/22mag but also get the benefits of recoil reduction.

I dont even mind the $200 tax stamp so much sure its bs but It the year long wait to take posession of an item I have paied for. Any longer than a week to a month is nuts let alone having to wait for ever single purchases. After your first it should be cash abs carry.

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: James] #7001794
09/27/20 11:28 AM
09/27/20 11:28 AM
Fredonia, PA.
Finster Offline OP
trapper
Finster  Offline OP
trapper

Fredonia, PA.
Barrett looks like a qualified nominee, but so did Obama's nominee--who at least deserved an up or down vote.

Jim

The fact that Republicans refused to go through the motions and down vote the guy anyway seems like they saved a few million taxpayer dollars not putting on a show. Seems like he got his "down vote". Luckily, Republicans saved that money so DemoRats could burn a pile of it slandering Kavanaugh and accusing a squeaky clean man of heinous crimes with absolutely no evidence at all.

I BELIEVE IN MY GOD, MY COUNTRY AND IN MYSELF.
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7001804
09/27/20 11:40 AM
09/27/20 11:40 AM
mn north of blakely
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

mn north of blakely
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

Why yes it does if you’ve never used one, genius.

The internet is at your finger tips, do some research. It doesn't matter what they are used for there is no reason for them being on the NFA.

Lugnut, I disagree that they aren't effective at reducing noise. 30 percent is pretty effective IMHO. Most of us aren't looking for a true silencer.

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: James] #7001805
09/27/20 11:41 AM
09/27/20 11:41 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Her nomination, now, shortly before the election, is the result of dirty, dishonest, dishonorable politics by the GOP.

But I think the Dems are going to have a hard time bringing her down as a candidate.

Jim

If RBG would have retired when she should have, Obama could have picked another one. And its perfectly acceptable practice.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Paul Dobbins] #7001807
09/27/20 11:43 AM
09/27/20 11:43 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Paul Dobbins
Go look up what McConnell did to Obama's nominee, for eight months months while Obama was still being president.

Jim

Do you think it would be any different If the Dems held the presidency and Senate? You know danged well it wouldn't. Winning elections has consequences, as someone once said.

^^^^^ LIKE

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: James] #7001827
09/27/20 11:55 AM
09/27/20 11:55 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
McConnell wouldn't even let the Senate vote on Obama's nominee. For eight months, we were deprived of a full Supreme Court while he played politics.

Sure, the Dems might do the same thing if the positions were reversed. Then the condemnation should fall on their heads.

The US deserves better, from both parties.

Jim

For 4 years, Trump was interfered with and blocked from doing his job.

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7001838
09/27/20 12:02 PM
09/27/20 12:02 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Lugnut
It does my heart good to see the triggered troll getting his arse kicked.

We should not take such pleasure in another’s discomfort.

But I do....

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Finster] #7001842
09/27/20 12:07 PM
09/27/20 12:07 PM
Adirondacks, NY
Fisher Man Offline
trapper
Fisher Man  Offline
trapper

Adirondacks, NY
Trump could have nominated Jesus Christ and the dumbocrats would still object. Not what's best for the country, politics foremost.

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Finster] #7001847
09/27/20 12:13 PM
09/27/20 12:13 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Democrats have set precedence for using the most underhanded dirty lowdown techniques the past four years that they really can't complain about a thing, but they still will.

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Steven 49er] #7001850
09/27/20 12:18 PM
09/27/20 12:18 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Originally Posted by Steven 49er
Lugnut, I disagree that they aren't effective at reducing noise. 30 percent is pretty effective IMHO. Most of us aren't looking for a true silencer.

As I said, I don't know much about silencers/suppressors. I agree that they are probably effective at reducing muzzle blast but they can't help with the super-sonic crack of a high velocity bullet can they? I don't know how much noise is contributed by muzzle blast vs. sonic crack either.

i do know that I have an old Winchester M70 in 30-06 that had a muzzle brake ported into it. That thing knocks ten years worth of dust of the beams of the roof over the firing range every time I touch one off. I get dirty looks from the other shooters as well. It's as good a candidate for a suppressor that I can think of. .

Eh...wot?

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Finster] #7001897
09/27/20 01:12 PM
09/27/20 01:12 PM
Indiana
P
Providence Farm Offline
trapper
Providence Farm  Offline
trapper
P

Indiana
Lug nut if your ever around Louisville you can try out mine.

I love to shoot but hate shooting without a suppressor anymore. I have been spoiled.

My wifes 243 has a break that the mount for my .30 cal suppressor. It metered 170 decibels without the supresed and in the low 130s with it. Without was similar to a 10" barrel Ak. With about like a .22 or or .22 mag.

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Finster] #7001913
09/27/20 01:28 PM
09/27/20 01:28 PM
SEPA
L
Lugnut Offline
trapper
Lugnut  Offline
trapper
L

SEPA
Great offer Providence Farm, I've never shot a suppressed weapon and would like to.

I spent about six months near Louisville in 1976 courtesy of the U. S. Army learning to be an infantryman and a tank mechanic. I haven't been back since but if I ever am maybe you'll get a PM from me.

Eh...wot?

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Finster] #7002157
09/27/20 05:56 PM
09/27/20 05:56 PM
central Missouri
B
Bigfoot Offline
trapper
Bigfoot  Offline
trapper
B

central Missouri
my soninlaw has a suppressor for his 22 a high velocityround sound about like a cb

Re: It's Amy Coney Barrett! [Re: Fisher Man] #7002167
09/27/20 06:22 PM
09/27/20 06:22 PM
Georgia
warrior Offline
trapper
warrior  Offline
trapper

Georgia
Originally Posted by Fisher Man
Trump could have nominated Jesus Christ and the dumbocrats would still object. Not what's best for the country, politics foremost.

Probably say he was to Jewish. LOL

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread