No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Indoctrination in public universities. #7005261
10/01/20 06:52 AM
10/01/20 06:52 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
In my email account at the University of Southern Maine I keep getting ads, letters, and so on asking for my vote or to join some organization to support Biden. So far nothing from Trump. His lazy handlers couldn't bother to get him at USM, I guess. lol

Seriously,I can understand why most universities would want to be involved in this election, and it makes sense they'd mostly want to support Biden. But I'm surprised the school can take any position it desires. I kinda thought they were, or should be, banned from politics.

USM, understand, is a public, state-run university. Should universities, especially public universities, be banned from engaging in politics, just like churches? Or should they have to give equal time to both candidates?

Jim

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005262
10/01/20 06:54 AM
10/01/20 06:54 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Universities would be non-partisan about like the news media would be. Ain't gonna happen. They have an agenda and it's working very well for them.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005267
10/01/20 06:58 AM
10/01/20 06:58 AM
Dunbar, Wisconsin
P
Pike River Offline
trapper
Pike River  Offline
trapper
P

Dunbar, Wisconsin
I agree, public institutions should remain neutral on politics. However I do believe they should encourage debate and discussions about politics.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005269
10/01/20 07:05 AM
10/01/20 07:05 AM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Universities teach excuses for struggles instead of how to overcome them.

They aren’t actually political.

-Goofy-
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005272
10/01/20 07:13 AM
10/01/20 07:13 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Watch the coverage of the riots in our cities and you can answer your own question, because the people you see rioting are the product our schools are producing.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005278
10/01/20 07:16 AM
10/01/20 07:16 AM
Wisconsin
B
Bear Tracker Offline
trapper
Bear Tracker  Offline
trapper
B

Wisconsin
Professors profess, they are not teachers. Their job is not to create thinkers.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005279
10/01/20 07:17 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
That is surprising James on the surface but I remember in a few businesses when we wanted to market something to a target group it wasn't hard at all to buy a mailing list even from a public university. Sometimes you could get access to lists if you had other ties like donors or alumni groups, athletic or academic groups, that sort of thing. It really was easier than I thought it should have been to buy a mailing list including email lists. Same as helping them save costs by buying space in a mailing envelope of something they are already sending out to students...for a nominal fee we could throw a stuffer in same envelope of something they were already sending out. Email worked same way. My guess is something along these lines is what you were receiving perhaps?
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: hippie] #7005280
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by hippie
Watch the coverage of the riots in our cities and you can answer your own question, because the people you see rioting are the product our schools are producing.

I can’t blame all that on Universities. My son has attended to 2 Universities and he has no desire to destroy anyone’s property or throw things at the police.

-Goofy-
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005284
10/01/20 07:20 AM
10/01/20 07:20 AM
Wi.
D
Diggerman Offline
trapper
Diggerman  Offline
trapper
D

Wi.
NPR has been doing it for years on the public dole, Also I wonder why you think Universities would want to be involved in this election?

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7005288
10/01/20 07:21 AM
10/01/20 07:21 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

I can’t blame all that on Universities. My son has attended to 2 Universities and he has no desire to destroy anyone’s property or throw things at the police.

That's awesome....but that doesn't change the fact that our schools put forth the liberal thinking.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005291
10/01/20 07:27 AM
10/01/20 07:27 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Democrats can't see far enough down the road to realize what WILL happen under the next D president. It will require a miracle to avoid it. Look what's happening today even with a Republican president. One man can't stop it by himself.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: hippie] #7005293
10/01/20 07:29 AM
10/01/20 07:29 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper

That's awesome....but that doesn't change the fact that our schools put forth the liberal thinking.

Thank you hip.

I believe they cultivate what is already planted. None of my son’s conservative friends have changed their opinions, but they’ve only been there 3 years or so. lol

-Goofy-
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005294
10/01/20 07:31 AM
10/01/20 07:31 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Yup, I think it's about the parenting a kid gets before going to college. They need to be aware of what's going to be pushed on them. None of the kids in my family have been detoured by liberalism.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: Gary Benson] #7005300
10/01/20 07:34 AM
10/01/20 07:34 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

Originally Posted by Gary Benson
Democrats can't see far enough down the road to realize what WILL happen under the next D president. It will require a miracle to avoid it. Look what's happening today even with a Republican president. One man can't stop it by himself.

Most people can’t see too far down the road. A broken down car in the yard because there is no money to repair it is evidence. lol

How many people have said, “I can’t afford to save money” while surfing the internet on an iPhone?

-Goofy-
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005305
10/01/20 07:38 AM
10/01/20 07:38 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Everyone needs to start out life by "picking $h1t with the chickens" so they know what it's like to be poor.

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005306
10/01/20 07:41 AM
10/01/20 07:41 AM
HobbieTrapper Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline
"Chippendale Trapper"

lol, I was poor long enough to learn I didn’t want to stay there and after visiting the DMV, realized the government wasn’t going to be a fast track to change that.

-Goofy-
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: Gary Benson] #7005312
10/01/20 07:48 AM
10/01/20 07:48 AM

M
Mark June
Unregistered
Mark June
Unregistered
M

Originally Posted by Gary Benson

Boy, isn't all of Mediaville, like a bunch of whos in Whoville on fire about President Trump's "demeanor" during the debates. I predict many will lose actually lbs. from exercising their lips so much since then.

I wonder who among us could suit up, strap on a boots each day, and then walk into the den of the Washington DC political arena in these times, and NOT get a bit riled up?
Day after day, week after week, month after month MANY in WDC "hate" the President who battles for one thing hard with a tact and personality that is required of anyone who steps in to fight for;

Individual freedoms

vs.

all those who ONLY recognize group freedoms

That in a nut shell, is world and American politics.

The one or the many?

I've been reading over the Declaration of Independence and it's good to remind myself how our nation's founders toiled over all this;

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

We were founded by those who were devoutly educated, religious men who believed that individual freedoms they inherited as children of the God of Creation were being crushed by the tyranny of men (Great Britain). Their mission and sole focus was to create a nation where these divinely endowed freedoms could prosper without man-made tyranny.

Our nation is a long, long way from those founding principles today.
The immoral & the group freedom advocates & the demonic wage war every moment against us.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005314
10/01/20 07:50 AM
10/01/20 07:50 AM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
But the Gubmint is there to help you!......

Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005315
10/01/20 07:51 AM
10/01/20 07:51 AM
Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
J
James Offline OP
"Minka"
James  Offline OP
"Minka"
J

Coeur d' Alene, Idaho
Here's one of the emails, came today.

Join us for the People's Day of Action
You watched the debate. You know what to do.

PLEDGE TO VOTE FOR JOE

James,

I’m gonna keep this short: The President of the United States is a white supremacist.

During last night’s debate, in a display of sheer belligerence, Donald Trump repeatedly refused to condemn white supremacy and to affirm that Black Lives Matter, he told white supremacist groups like the Proud Boys to “stand back and stand by,” and he once again threatened that he would not recognize the results of a legitimate election.

It made me sick. But Joe Biden made me proud to be a voter. He conducted himself with compassion, he stayed focused on the progressive values that drive him, and ultimately: He was coherent.

We need to make sure that Joe Biden wins by a landslide and get the white supremacist in chief out of the White House. That’s why I’m asking you now to commit to vote for Joe Biden in the last 34 days we have left.

COMMIT TO VOTE FOR JOE
Let’s shut Donald Trump up,

Ben Wessel
Executive Director
NextGen America

Forum Infidel since 2001

"And that troll bs is something triggered snowflakes say when they dont like what someone posts." - Boco
Re: Indoctrination in public universities. [Re: James] #7005316
10/01/20 07:52 AM
10/01/20 07:52 AM
Firth, Nebraska
jabNE Offline
trapper
jabNE  Offline
trapper

Firth, Nebraska
Thanks Mark. You should load up vials of smelling salts with windwalker, walk into DC floor, crack one open and wave that under noses of the powers that be to wake them up then slide a copy of the declaration under their bifocals so they can bone up on what they are charged to serve and protect for the good of all of us.
Jim

Money cannot buy you happiness, but it can buy you a trapping license and that's pretty close.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread