No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: Spade] #7010663
10/06/20 07:48 PM
10/06/20 07:48 PM
Wyoming
C
cmcf Offline
trapper
cmcf  Offline
trapper
C

Wyoming
Originally Posted by Spade
The Forrest Service is nothing more than a federal run logging operation.

Maybe where you are but in the western states USFS means hunting, fishing, trapping, snowmobiling, hiking, camping, x country skiing cheep-free firewood, mushroom gathering, and probably a half dozen other things I haven’t thought of like birding. But by all means keep the misinformation flowing, maybe those of us that live here won’t have to put up with near as many out of staters come fall or their trash, or rutted up side roads or gut shot big game animals left to waste unattended fires and the list goes on and on

“The world is governed by very different personages from what is imagined” B. Disraeli

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7010689
10/06/20 08:12 PM
10/06/20 08:12 PM
Asheville, NC
C
charles Offline
trapper
charles  Offline
trapper
C

Asheville, NC
I live inthe East and we don’t have BLM land, but it was always frustrating in MT and CO. What ticked me off was the roads were passable to snowmobiles who drove around the gates. Go figure.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7010701
10/06/20 08:20 PM
10/06/20 08:20 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

Perhaps the lands are managed by some who fit the description I outlined earlier?

Why do I care what you think when I'm the big-cheese and my 3 high priests preach to me day and night.
I have no use for your thoughts, comments, and lately.... laws.
I am the law in a post-modern world.
Ask anyone who they trust most?
Most will say "me."

This is not the first time in history this has happened.
The high priests of me, myself, and I run boats aground every day.
My high priests usually prefer to navigate when I drive. Ask Donna grin

Blessings,
Mark

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7010712
10/06/20 08:27 PM
10/06/20 08:27 PM
Idaho, Lemhi County
G
Gulo Offline
"On The Other Hand"
Gulo  Offline
"On The Other Hand"
G

Idaho, Lemhi County
I imagine I'll irritate a few on here (maybe the majority?) and opine that I am in favor of most road closures on federal land (USFS, BLM). The loud and mostly rude UTVers, OHVers, and other littering scumbags have (literally) thousands upon thousands of miles of roads and trails in Idaho upon which to "play". There ought to be areas that are off-limits to them so if someone wants to use the "quads" that they were born with, they can do so without the noise, exhaust, and garbage from the motorized crowds. Gates, Kelly-humps, and other road closures are my friends.

I'll start a batch of good popcorn for all the hate I'm anticipating...

Jack

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: Spade] #7010713
10/06/20 08:28 PM
10/06/20 08:28 PM
Alaska and Washington State
W
waggler Offline
trapper
waggler  Offline
trapper
W

Alaska and Washington State

Say what?
Not on the west coast they aren't. They are generally opposed to logging out here.
It's hard to even get them to do a thin, or manage for healthy forests.
They are opposed to anyone making a dollar in usfs lands. They would rather see them burn.

"My life is better than your vacation"
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: waggler] #7010719
10/06/20 08:39 PM
10/06/20 08:39 PM
Central Oregon
AntiGov Offline
trapper
AntiGov  Offline
trapper

Central Oregon
Originally Posted by waggler

Say what?
Not on the west coast they aren't. They are generally opposed to logging out here.
It's hard to even get them to do a thin, or manage for healthy forests.
They are opposed to anyone making a dollar in usfs lands. They would rather see them burn.

X2

The forest circus here is made up of libtard environmentalist

Report a post club - Non member

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7010729
10/06/20 08:47 PM
10/06/20 08:47 PM
caldwell id
C
caldwellite Offline
trapper
caldwellite  Offline
trapper
C

caldwell id
All National Forest and BLM land in Idaho now has a Travel Plan. All roads and trails open to use are on the Plan with the type of use identified . The time of use is included , like fall for hunting or winter for Snowmobiles. The days of just driving in the Sagebrush are long gone.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7010761
10/06/20 09:29 PM
10/06/20 09:29 PM

M
Mark June OP
Unregistered
Mark June OP
Unregistered
M

All those wagon trains back in the day sure were a blight on the landscape too.
Dust, littering, and people singing those old hymns disturbed the serenity of the prairie.
Folks killing all the wolves and almost exterminating the buffalo.

My, oh my, how urban legends live on.

Blessings,
Mark

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: cmcf] #7010767
10/06/20 09:35 PM
10/06/20 09:35 PM
Garden,Michigan
B
Buck (Zandra) Offline
trapper
Buck (Zandra)  Offline
trapper
B

Garden,Michigan
, maybe those of us that live here won’t have to put up with near as many out of staters come fall or their trash, or rutted up side roads or gut shot big game animals left to waste unattended fires and the list goes on and on [/quote]
I hear the same thing here,but my experience has been the locals are far more of a problem.The out of towners know next to nothing of the area,while people who grew up there know where all the trails are,2tracks,river systems,where the local law lives and his hours,etc.The problems don't go away because the out of towners get locked out.

Buck(formely known as Zandra)
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7010781
10/06/20 09:53 PM
10/06/20 09:53 PM
Oscoda, Michigan
J
John-Chagnon Offline
trapper
John-Chagnon  Offline
trapper
J

Oscoda, Michigan
Hi Mark,

All good here. Perch are in. Sheri and I spend a lot of time on lake. Say hi to Donna too the most enthusiast fishing lady Sheri and I have ever met.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: cmcf] #7011049
10/07/20 08:21 AM
10/07/20 08:21 AM
U.P. Michigan
Spade Offline
trapper
Spade  Offline
trapper

U.P. Michigan
Originally Posted by cmcf

Maybe where you are but in the western states USFS means hunting, fishing, trapping, snowmobiling, hiking, camping, x country skiing cheep-free firewood, mushroom gathering, and probably a half dozen other things I haven’t thought of like birding. But by all means keep the misinformation flowing, maybe those of us that live here won’t have to put up with near as many out of staters come fall or their trash, or rutted up side roads or gut shot big game animals left to waste unattended fires and the list goes on and on

It sure sounds like you have a better forrest service than here, and I can only speak about where I live. Yes we can hunt and do other outdoor activites, we have to pay to gather fire wood, I have to pay a yearly fee to the FS to get to my home, I have to maintain the road to get to my home I can't stop the ATV and UtVs from driving on the forrest road, that I'm required to pay for and maintain. My gate to my property had to be approved by the forrest service and had to be like their gates (not cheap).
Logging companies who gets the bids, come in and cut the roads, we can't cut fire wood while their in operation, not suppose to drive their roads with my atv. Upon completion of their operation the FS blocks the roads, with stumps and dirt and huge rocks, and then declare it a Primitive wildlife area, so you cant drive your atv, utc, or snowmobile. 1 area I like to trap, I now have to walk 3 miles, because the FS road has been closed, after logging the area.

Like you, I don't care for the idiots, (locals and out of staters) that tear up the roads, leave their trash, and deplore seeing it

You call it misinformation, I call it my experience with the FS

24 years Army Medical Corps

I only want to be known as:

A great husband, a good trapper, and a great steward of the land.
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7011355
10/07/20 05:08 PM
10/07/20 05:08 PM
ID
O
Ole Offline
trapper
Ole  Offline
trapper
O

ID
If we had half the population we would likely have half the regulations on use of public lands. Maybe the problem isn't the public land managers but the people who use the land irresponsibly. How do you fix stupid? Mean of me to say that, but that's how I feel sometimes.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: Gulo] #7011455
10/07/20 07:22 PM
10/07/20 07:22 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Gulo
I imagine I'll irritate a few on here (maybe the majority?) and opine that I am in favor of most road closures on federal land (USFS, BLM). The loud and mostly rude UTVers, OHVers, and other littering scumbags have (literally) thousands upon thousands of miles of roads and trails in Idaho upon which to "play". There ought to be areas that are off-limits to them so if someone wants to use the "quads" that they were born with, they can do so without the noise, exhaust, and garbage from the motorized crowds. Gates, Kelly-humps, and other road closures are my friends.

I'll start a batch of good popcorn for all the hate I'm anticipating...

Jack

I'll stand by you. If a person can't exert a little energy and walk in the mountains, stay home and get fatter.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: Ole] #7011464
10/07/20 07:27 PM
10/07/20 07:27 PM
Sandhills Nebraska
G
Gary Benson Offline
trapper
Gary Benson  Offline
trapper
G

Sandhills Nebraska
Originally Posted by Ole
If we had half the population we would likely have half the regulations on use of public lands. Maybe the problem isn't the public land managers but the people who use the land irresponsibly. How do you fix stupid? Mean of me to say that, but that's how I feel sometimes.

Now everybody in the USA wants to move to Idaho to get away from the riots and idiocy.

Life ain't supposed to be easy.
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7011875
10/07/20 11:54 PM
10/07/20 11:54 PM
Priest River, Idaho USA
S
SundanceMtnMan Offline
trapper
SundanceMtnMan  Offline
trapper
S

Priest River, Idaho USA
Gulo
I agree. If a road isn't open to everyone it should be closed to all. I am not a fan of atvs,snowmobiles or any other motorized vehicles off-road. When I hike it seems I always come home with someone elses garbage. I don't understand how you can pack in a full beer can but can't pack out the empty. Unfortunately there aren't enough rangers and wardens to patrol the roads well enough to enforce the closures, so while it is against the law to go off-road most people do anyway.

"They Say Nothing is Impossible,
But, I Do Nothing Every Day."
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7011901
10/08/20 01:21 AM
10/08/20 01:21 AM
Nevada
N
nvwrangler Offline
trapper
nvwrangler  Offline
trapper
N

Nevada
The road closures and travel bans started under Clinton. Unfortunately fs managers are allowed to implement these bans without proper input.

I like the system Oregon has that closes roads during hunting seasons to give animals escape areas. Then are reopened to public travel other times of the year. They do other closures during calving seasons and wintering grounds to protect the animals.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7012147
10/08/20 11:40 AM
10/08/20 11:40 AM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
Mark the department of interior does not manage Forest Service administered lands the department of Agriculture does. But for your info the new director of the BLM administered lands wants to sell off our public lands. Get your facts straight also the directors of both agencies are not the ones that close the roads its done through land management plans that are directed by local politics and comment for the most part and are reviewed and amended every 10 years. I have grazing permits on public lands and in part roads have been closed because people can not stay on open roads leave litter and fires. Maybe the so called sportsman need to police their ranks. I have closed my properties which I use to keep open and allowed free access no permission necessary, not anymore! to much poaching damage and disrespect to the land.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7012149
10/08/20 11:43 AM
10/08/20 11:43 AM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Must be a miserable life.

Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: Steve D] #7012167
10/08/20 12:07 PM
10/08/20 12:07 PM
idaho
W
wallfur Offline
trapper
wallfur  Offline
trapper
W

idaho
Gary Benson]People continue to be more disrespectful as time goes on. This summer, wardens in Colorado discovered more than 60 unattended campfires burning in campgrounds and likely on BLM land as well. It's a wonder there aren't more fires than there is.

BLM has land?? grin crazy shocked[/quote]...

Yes they own every Democrat run city!!!!! Oh and the bureau of land management owns some land to but will be reserved for special interest groups under Democrats

Last edited by wallfur; 10/08/20 12:11 PM.
Re: National Forest Road closures [Re: ] #7012176
10/08/20 12:24 PM
10/08/20 12:24 PM
wyoming southeast
D
danvee Offline
trapper
danvee  Offline
trapper
D

wyoming southeast
All I know is any politician trying to sell off our public land is a crook!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread