No Profanity *** No Flaming *** No Advertising *** No Anti Trappers ***NO POLITICS
No Non-Target Catches *** No Links to Anti-trapping Sites *** No Avoiding Profanity Filter

Home~Trap Talk~ADC Forum~Trap Shed~Wilderness Trapping~International Trappers~Fur Handling

Auction Forum~Trapper Tips~Links~Gallery~Basic Sets~Convention Calendar~Chat~ Trap Collecting Forum

Trapper's Humor~Strictly Trapping~Fur Buyers Directory~Mugshots~Fur Sale Directory~Wildcrafting~The Pen and Quill

Trapper's Tales~Words From The Past~Legends~Archives~Kids Forum~Lure Formulators Forum~ Fermenter's Forum

~~~ Dobbins' Products Catalog ~~~

Minnesota Trapline Products
Please support our sponsor for the Trappers Talk Page - Minnesota Trapline Products

Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Militia Arrested [Re: Boco] #7013521
10/10/20 07:39 AM
10/10/20 07:39 AM
MN
S
Steven 49er Offline
trapper
Steven 49er  Offline
trapper
S

MN
Originally Posted by Boco
If the peoples government elected by a majority is thrown out by a minority that would not be democratic.
If a government loses an election and does not leave,then it would be democratic for the majority to throw them out by force if they used the military or police force to try to hang on to an illegitimate seat.
Either way-those things only occur in banana republics.

Nico, this country was founded by a group of men who were in the minority at the time.

You are an enigma to me. You supported the IRA who killed, women, children and civilians. Wasn't the government of england democratically elected.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support these yahoos but there may come a time when a defensive stance is the right thing to do

"Inflation is always and everywhere a monetary phenomenon". Milton Friedman.
Re: Militia Arrested [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7013630
10/10/20 11:14 AM
10/10/20 11:14 AM
james bay frontierOnt.
B
Boco Offline
trapper
Boco  Offline
trapper
B

james bay frontierOnt.
Is there anyone in your country not allowed to vote or work? Yes I support IRA.You do not know anything about the North. Up until the 70's a large segment of Northern Ireland was not allowed the vote(nor work) and 6 out of 32 counties was occupied with foreign soldiers.The other 26 counties were Liberated by the IRA in the Late 20's.However the killing of British occupiers had been going on since Cromwell invaded in the middle ages.
You believe British propaganda. It had nothing to do with religion.It was a continuation of the fight for freedom from Britain.There may have been a few innocents died as a result of fight against the british army occupation,but they were unintended,Unlike all the civilians shot and killed by the british ON PURPOSE.
Things have changed a lot since I was over there in the mid 70's,now that the Irish in Ulster are allowed to vote, work and acess decent housing.Since they have been able to get representation,their lives have improved immensely.And the British soldiers have all gone home.
But until partition of the country ends,the struggle will continue albeit on a different level these days.However there is still a large group of men and women who will take up arms in a heartbeat if necessary.

You wont get far without support from the people.A handfull of yahoos wont do it.
Washington had support of the people-a large MAJORITY-not a small minority-so much so that he was able to amass a standing army.You compare that to the michigan militia-thats a joke right?

Last edited by Boco; 10/10/20 11:22 AM.

Forget that fear of gravity-get a little savagery in your life.
Re: Militia Arrested [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7013632
10/10/20 11:22 AM
10/10/20 11:22 AM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by HobbieTrapper
Originally Posted by Pike River
Conservatives complaining about the legislative branch and not wanting respect its authority sounds an awful lot like snowflake liberals not recognizing Trump as the executive.

Please show me where Trump has expressed a desire to shred the Constitution.

That's too easy. "Take the guns first. Go through due process second. I like taking the guns early".

Last edited by loosegoose; 10/10/20 11:23 AM.
Re: Militia Arrested [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7013660
10/10/20 12:34 PM
10/10/20 12:34 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
Trump shredded the Constitution, by talking, got it.

Re: Militia Arrested [Re: Rat Masterson] #7013670
10/10/20 12:44 PM
10/10/20 12:44 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Originally Posted by Rat Masterson

Hobbie asked where Trump expressed a desire to shred the constitution,not where he's taken action to shred the constitution. I gave an example of a statement of trump expressing a desire to do something that would blatantly violate the constitution. Taking guns before giving due process would violate the 2nd and 5th amendments. You may not like it, but let's not pretend he didn't say it and let's not pretend it was a bad thing to say.

Last edited by loosegoose; 10/10/20 12:46 PM.
Re: Militia Arrested [Re: Rat Masterson] #7013675
10/10/20 12:52 PM
10/10/20 12:52 PM
Eastern Shore of Maryland
HobbieTrapper Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"
HobbieTrapper  Offline OP
"Chippendale Trapper"

Eastern Shore of Maryland

lol

-Goofy-
Re: Militia Arrested [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7013686
10/10/20 01:00 PM
10/10/20 01:00 PM
Beatrice, NE
L
loosegoose Offline
trapper
loosegoose  Offline
trapper
L

Beatrice, NE
Golly. I guess when Beto O'rourke said "heck yes we're gonna take your AR15s and your AK47s", and the Joe Biden told Beto "I'm gonna have you take care of the gun control problem", we should all just be okay with it. They're not shredding the constitution, but they're just talking, after all.

Re: Militia Arrested [Re: loosegoose] #7013703
10/10/20 01:31 PM
10/10/20 01:31 PM
pa
H
hippie Offline
trapper
hippie  Offline
trapper
H

pa
Originally Posted by loosegoose

Hobbie asked where Trump expressed a desire to shred the constitution,not where he's taken action to shred the constitution. I gave an example of a statement of trump expressing a desire to do something that would blatantly violate the constitution. Taking guns before giving due process would violate the 2nd and 5th amendments. You may not like it, but let's not pretend he didn't say it and let's not pretend it was a bad thing to say.

He did say that, but the guy he was talking about was already deemed unfit to own guns.the context of the whole conversation needs to be considered.
And yes, that was alarming.

Re: Militia Arrested [Re: HobbieTrapper] #7013874
10/10/20 06:36 PM
10/10/20 06:36 PM
South Dakota
R
Rat Masterson Offline
trapper
Rat Masterson  Offline
trapper
R

South Dakota
In almost 4 years how many guns has Trump taken away? Biden on the other hand has voted for the assault weapons ban, the ability for gun manufactures to be sued and promised to get ARs off the streets. I judge by deeds not by words.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread